homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Interesting (for the wrong reasons) church signs (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Interesting (for the wrong reasons) church signs
Salicional
Shipmate
# 16461

- Posted      Profile for Salicional   Email Salicional   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Driving through rural western Ohio, I came across a little Methodist church with a big hand-painted sign out front:

COME WORSHIP
NEW PASTOR

I snapped a photo of it, but never did come back to worship the new pastor. He or she must have been quite something, though!

Posts: 68 | From: near Lake Erie | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
Among my relatives was a woman whose last name was Slaughter. She married a man named Battle.

Moo

Did they have peaceful marriage, one cannot help but wonder?

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In Creamtealand, at least temporarily, there was a warning sign in the road saying 'Cats Eyes Removed'. Unfortunately, this was placed next to another sign pointing to the 'VETS'.

The vet nurses found it very funny, but they did smell a rat when they realised there weren't actually any road works going on there at the time...

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
In Creamtealand, at least temporarily, there was a warning sign in the road saying 'Cats Eyes Removed'. Unfortunately, this was placed next to another sign pointing to the 'VETS'.

The vet nurses found it very funny, but they did smell a rat when they realised there weren't actually any road works going on there at the time...

What, the RATS put the sign there? [Help]

That thought was probably inspired by a former UK minister for agriculture, who complained that a trial cull of badgers in England (to try to control the spread of bovine TB) had failed because "the badgers moved the goalposts"! [Roll Eyes] BBC report here as evidence.

To no one's surprise, he was sacked in the next reshuffle...

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On my last visit to the GP I had to park on the lower of two levels. There is a circular ramp with lights top and bottom, which react to the arrival of a car in motion.
Half way up there's a sign on the wall which says 'Beware of waiting cars at top of ramp'.
I wish I was a cartoonist; I could picture the fierce snarling creatures waiting to pounce on my car as I got to the top.

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whoever is in charge of the sign at our city's other Pisky shack decided to take the summer off:
quote:
Too hot to change the sign every week.
God loves you! Details inside.

As the person in charge of my church's sign, I thought that was quite clever. [Overused]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016