homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » What was it you wanted?: General enquiries 2016 (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: What was it you wanted?: General enquiries 2016
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
Small sticky notes. I presume they're going to find a more permanent way of housing them, and that will give them the right information.

Alternately, use light pencil on the back.

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. I think I'll go with the sticky notes, since I can print them from my computer and no one will have to decipher my hand-writing.

I did discover yesterday that some of them were identified by myself over 50 years ago (helpful stuff, such as "my house"!) -- and I did indeed use light pencil.

Now to deal with all the ghosts that are coming back to life as I sort through this stuff.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You can use sticky notes to ID those as well. [Devil]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
You can use sticky notes to ID those as well. [Devil]

I don't want to ID them, I want to send them packing!

[Razz]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've just been watching Michael Moore in Trumpland, and I can't identify the theme played at the end. I think it's from some war film, but can't place it. Has anyone any idea what it was?
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
I've just been watching Michael Moore in Trumpland, and I can't identify the theme played at the end. I think it's from some war film, but can't place it. Has anyone any idea what it was?

It's Elgar - Pomp and Circumstance No.4.
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks! I woke this morning thinking Elgar and have just run it down. I just knew it was British! And hence a bit out of place. But oops about film music! OTOH it would do for it, final credits as the camera pans over the graves of the few - including Poles - listing DFCs etc.
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Two related questions. We decided to blow away the cobwebs today by visiting the ruins of a medieval church, surrounded by graves of varying ages. The wall round the churchyard is oval shaped. Is there some significance to this? One of the medieval gravestones had a symbol which I think I've seen before, but can't identify. It's a cross potent, but with a triangle on the bottom leg of the cross, like a 4. What is it?
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

I have seen it suggested that oval or circular church enclosures are a sign of being a sacred site prior to Christianity. But it was in book about yew trees which for a number of reasons I found not wholly convincing about the trees, and I think my doubts should perhaps be extended to other claims.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016