homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Inauguration playlist (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Inauguration playlist
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With the imminent ascendancy to power of potentially the most dangerous fascist demagogue the western world has seen for a generation, it's time for a song.

Inspired by the Hell thread, Are Episcopalians stupid or gutless, what might make for a good playlist to mark this most apocalyptic of occasions?

We've had a suggestion of God Save The Queen by The Sex Pistols, and Rebecca Ferguson declined her invitation to sing, after being told that Nina Simone's Strange Fruit wouldn't go down well.

I might opt for REM's It's The End Of The World As We Know It as well as Simon & Garfunkel's The Sun Is Burning.

What else should be added to the playlist?

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Lord and Father of mankind?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What about Judge eternal, throned in splendour, followed by O God of earth and altar?

Particularly appropriate the lattter, which can be read in its entirety as referring to Trump, his boasting and hubris, and the appalling choice of 'pastor' for his inauguration, especially the middle verse:
quote:
From all that terror teaches, from lies of tongue and pen,
From all the easy speeches that comfort cruel men,
From sale and profanation of honour and the sword,
From sleep and from damnation, deliver us, good Lord!

(not copyright)

I'm guessing this isn't high on the playlist at pastor White's place!

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Helen-Eva
Shipmate
# 15025

- Posted      Profile for Helen-Eva   Email Helen-Eva   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Lo, I Raise Up (Stanford).

Setting of Habakkuk 1:6 onwards. About how those who rampage violently through the world will be confronted by the glory of the Lord. Sorry I can't link to the words - the website doesn't like web addresses with brackets in.

--------------------
I thought the radio 3 announcer said "Weber" but it turned out to be Webern. Story of my life.

Posts: 637 | From: London, hopefully in a theatre or concert hall, more likely at work | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another Brick in the Wall?
(Sadly I fear 'we don't need no education' would not be taken in the sense intended.)

[ 13. January 2017, 12:11: Message edited by: Dafyd ]

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I vote for some Handel: “All we like sheep (have gone astra-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ay)”

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone on these boards has suggested Magnificat , which seems apposite.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Things Can Only Get Better.

Goldfinger.

Were it not for the frankly horrific circumstances in which the band broke up "It's Not The End Of The Word Now Baby (But I Can See It From Here)" by Lostprophets would be apposite.

God is God by Laibach.

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

- Posted      Profile for Augustine the Aleut     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some observations and selections from the ever-helpful index of first lines from the Canadian hymnal:

Father who on man dost shower

Fair waved the golden corn

For my sake and the Gospel's, go

God moves in mysterious ways

Golden harps are sounding

I see the crowd in Pilate's hall

Lord I hear of showers of blessing

Not worthy, Lord, to gather

Posts: 6236 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Trump-ton Riots?

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What's new, pussycat?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Turn back O man, forswear thy foolish ways.

There's one in Congregational Praise which starts "God Bless Our Motherland" which is set to Rephidim, which I believe was the Tsarist anthem. Can't find it online, but it was grouped with the above, and one or two of those others have suggested.

They were on my mother's list of hymns she would like for her funeral, but her friends in the village would a) not know them, and b) not go along with their message.

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the hymn I couldn't find may have been a rewrite of 'Lord God of Sabaoth' - lots of it is the same.
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do they have to be hymns?

1.American Idiot by Green Day seems pretty obvious.
2. Paint it Black by The Rolling Stones, which can be taken every which way.
3. Make America Great Again by Pussy Riot, should offend everyone, though not as much as Trumpy Wumpy Teletubby does.

Could Bob Dylan's Hey Mr. Tambourine Man be slightly reworded to Hey Mr. Tangerine Man?

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How about In God we trust by Brian Wren.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
Do they have to be hymns?

Nope.
quote:
Could Bob Dylan's Hey Mr. Tambourine Man be slightly reworded to Hey Mr. Tangerine Man?
[Killing me] Love it!

I might add Tracy Chapman's Subcity into the mix.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think Leonard Cohen's The Future would be very apt.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Once to Every Man and Nation." It got kicked out of The Hymnal 1982, but it seems apropos in this case.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think American Idiot should be the theme music for any TV channel covering the event.

There has to be some good Metal songs that are appropriate. Three from Sunn o))) that I have found:

Cursed Realm (of the winterdemons)
Fried Eagle Mind (Followed by Blood Swamp. He can drain that.)
Herod 2014 (which I am sure could be renamed Herod 2017).

Mostly based on the titles. I think we do need the apocalyptic mood of death drone metal music. The sort that plays over a desolate post-apocalypse wasteland in films.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Steve Bannon might appreciate a rousing Die Wacht am Rhein sing-along.

From Russia with Love might be a tad obvious.

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Parcel o' Rogues

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Send in the Clowns.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Avey
Apprentice
# 18701

- Posted      Profile for Avey     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
New Dawn Fades
Atrocity Exhibition
From Safety to Where

(All Joy Division tracks)

State of the Nation
Ruined in a Day

(New Order)

Posts: 15 | From: London UK | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Gotterdammerung?

or O fortuna...

[ 13. January 2017, 18:44: Message edited by: Lamb Chopped ]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Avey
Apprentice
# 18701

- Posted      Profile for Avey     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mozart Kyrie [Biased]
Posts: 15 | From: London UK | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
De Colores

What's So Funny About Peace, Love, and Understanding?

Keep Your Eyes on the Prize

Bruce Springsteen's "Promised Land" ( I currently don't have a president, but I sure as hell have a Boss.)"Badlands" might be better, can't decide.

I would suggest "This Land is Your Land", but I doubt the assembled crowd would get the irony.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
georgiaboy
Shipmate
# 11294

- Posted      Profile for georgiaboy   Email georgiaboy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It might be too subtle a connection for many, but Liszt's 'Les Préludes,' with its echoes of Nuremburg rallies and the Nazi invasion of USSR makes waaay to many connections. IMNSHO (Besides, it's a great piece!)

--------------------
You can't retire from a calling.

Posts: 1675 | From: saint meinrad, IN | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
georgiaboy
Shipmate
# 11294

- Posted      Profile for georgiaboy   Email georgiaboy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It might be too subtle a connection for many, but Liszt's 'Les Préludes,' with its echoes of Nuremburg rallies and the Nazi invasion of USSR makes waaay to many connections. IMNSHO (Besides, it's a great piece!)

--------------------

Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gotta be Nellie the Elephant, hasn't it? Perhaps with some special words for the Inauguration:

To DC
A travelling circus came
With an unintelligent elephant
And Donald was his name.
Lots of tricks
For Donald to perform
He told them all he'd build a wall
And he took the crowd by storm

Chorus:
Donald the elephant packed his trunk
And blundered off to the White House
Off he went with a trumpety-trump
Trump trump trump...
(Da capo ad nauseam).

[ 13. January 2017, 20:16: Message edited by: Albertus ]

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, holy shit, that's golden. [Killing me]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Oh, holy shit, that's golden. [Killing me]

Laughed so hard, I choked on my GIN.

"We'll all go together when we go"?!

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

And it would force him to scream, red- faced, "I'm not an elephant, goddammit, I'm a donkey! I'M A DONKEY!"

Upon which gif- makers everywhere would rejoice.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh, wait, I fucked that up, didn't I?

See how nice I am? I could have quietly deleted that, but here I stand, allowing you to mock my fuck up.

--------------------

Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Albertus:

Chorus:
Trump trump trump...
(Da capo ad nauseam).

Then there's a variation on the juvenile version:

And blundered off to the shite House
Off he went for a dumpety-dump
Dump dump dump...

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Gracious rebel

Rainbow warrior
# 3523

- Posted      Profile for Gracious rebel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Gotta be Nellie the Elephant, hasn't it? Perhaps with some special words for the Inauguration:

To DC
A travelling circus came
And Donald was his name.
Lots of tricks
For Donald to perform

Chorus:
Trump trump trump...
(Da capo ad nauseam).

This is brilliant! Would it be OK for me to share it on Facebook?
[Overused]

--------------------
Fancy a break beside the sea in Suffolk? Visit my website

Posts: 4413 | From: Suffolk UK | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
The Gotterdammerung?

Perfect.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You're so vain?

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
georgiaboy
Shipmate
# 11294

I've just been watching/listening to clips from 'Assassins' (Sondheim).

'The Ballad of Booth' has chilling overtones for today.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
De Colores

What's So Funny About Peace, Love, and Understanding?

Keep Your Eyes on the Prize

Bruce Springsteen's "Promised Land" ( I currently don't have a president, but I sure as hell have a Boss.)"Badlands" might be better, can't decide.

I would suggest "This Land is Your Land", but I doubt the assembled crowd would get the irony.

They might if they played all the verses.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Oh, wait, I fucked that up, didn't I?

See how nice I am? I could have quietly deleted that, but here I stand, allowing you to mock my fuck up.

Dear Kelly, we would never, never do that in Heaven. [Two face] However, I believe the Heavenly Hosts are due a boon? Or points, even? [Snigger]

I think I will be playing Dies Irae from the Mozart Requiem. Day of wrath, indeed. And there's a trump(et) in it, too.

As the other thread suggests, the Imperial March from Star Wars would be appropriate.

quote:
Originally posted by Graven Image:
Send in the Clowns.

Yup! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Augustine the Aleut:
Some observations and selections from the ever-helpful index of first lines from the Canadian hymnal:

Father who on man dost shower

Fair waved the golden corn

For my sake and the Gospel's, go

God moves in mysterious ways

Golden harps are sounding

I see the crowd in Pilate's hall

Lord I hear of showers of blessing

Not worthy, Lord, to gather

Naughty!
[Killing me]

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

This is a little too obvious, perhaps, but it's perfect. (Thank you, Maestro Verdi.) Love the big bass drum!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
They might if they played all the verses.

That's just what I meant. I pictured all these Trumpkins going," mumble mumble mumble whatever Utah Phillips just said
THIS LAND IS MADE FOR YOU AND ME. SPECIFICALLY. AND NOT THOSE LOSERS OVER THERE."

--------------------

cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Many have suggested the Imperial March ( Darth Vader's theme)

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gracious rebel:
quote:

To DC
A travelling circus came
And Donald was his name.
Lots of tricks
For Donald to perform

Chorus:
Trump trump trump...
(Da capo ad nauseam).

This is brilliant! Would it be OK for me to share it on Facebook?
[Overused]

Feel free! [Big Grin]

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Phantom Flan Flinger
Shipmate
# 8891

- Posted      Profile for The Phantom Flan Flinger   Author's homepage   Email The Phantom Flan Flinger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Roger Waters / Pink Floyd - Two Suns In The Sunset.

--------------------
http://www.faith-hope-and-confusion.com/

Posts: 1020 | From: Leicester, England | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A Town Without Pity

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Honest Ron Bacardi
Shipmate
# 38

- Posted      Profile for Honest Ron Bacardi   Email Honest Ron Bacardi   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Arrival of the Queen of Sheba

--------------------
Anglo-Cthulhic

Posts: 4857 | From: the corridors of Pah! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Last night I posted on facebook asking my friends what they thought the National Cathedral's choir should sing, seeing that they will be singing...

During the course of the discussion, I suggested:
Judge Eternal
Drop, Drop Slow Tears (Especially since this is a man who has claimed to have never needed to ask for God's forgiveness)
Any number of penitent Psalms in Anglican chant
O Holy City Seen of John
Any setting of the Dies Irae
Something in Russian

Here's some of my favorites from friends' responses (some of whom are shipmates):
Let My People Go
God of Grace and God of Glory
Remember, O Thou Man
Turn Back, O Man
Any setting of the Magnificat
The Kontakion

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How about God moves in a mysterious way? [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016