homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Proper 10: Year B,RCL

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Proper 10: Year B,RCL
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
PentEcclesiastic's question about the Lectionary reminded me of a mistake I discovered three years ago. For those who use The Lectionary Page for your Sunday readings, note that there is a typo in the Gospel:
quote:
When his daughter Herodias came in and danced...
Herodias was his wife; Salome was his daughter.

I can't believe this hasn't been corrected.

Three years ago the pre-printed Lectionary inserts that we use were also wrong; I don't know about this year.

(And for good measure, I happened to check the readings in Hereford Cathedral since I was over there the following week -- it was wrong there, too!)

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oops! Wasn't Salome Herodias' daughter, but not Herod's?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
gog
Shipmate
# 15615

- Posted      Profile for gog   Author's homepage   Email gog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having looked this up in the NRSV, the text in verse 22 of Mark 6 does read as it appears, but with a footnote of
quote:
Other ancient authorities read the daughter of Herodias herself
so it is a correct take from the NRSV.
Posts: 103 | From: somewhere over the border | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
PentEcclesiastic
Shipmate
# 12098

- Posted      Profile for PentEcclesiastic   Email PentEcclesiastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How curious...

--------------------
We are called to be Holy.

Posts: 186 | From: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016