homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Down under in the antipodes (Page 20)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  25  26  27 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Down under in the antipodes
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A DuckDuckGo search quickly found the UCA rules and regulations for membership.

I wonder why, whenever I join an organisation, I seem to be the only one that reads its constitution etc. LKKspouse called me pedantic for looking it up. I just like to know where I stand.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Clarence
Shipmate
# 9491

- Posted      Profile for Clarence   Email Clarence   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
LKK, so glad you've found a worship space.

I think some UCA congregations still do the sort of 'welcoming with the hand of friendship' thing, but it depends largely on whether they started as a Methodist, Presbyterian or Congregational congregation I suspect.

The UCA has been really good to FD - he loves the fact that the Basis of Union and the other foundation documents allow for flexibility from congregation to congregation and he often says he wishes he had joined the Uniting Church sooner. But, thanks to Rowen, he did eventually and is very happy to be worshipping with, and working as a chaplain for, the UCA's Wesley Mission.

--------------------
I scraped my knees while I was praying - Paramore

Posts: 793 | From: Over the rainbow | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How busy is FD?

I have been practicing as a chaplain without any formal supervision or feedback. From time to time I use the Academy people, and amazingly I have contributed to the course and they have implemented some of my reccomendations. But I still need the Robbie Burns
"O wad some Pow'r the Giftie gie us. To see oursels as ithers see us!'

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hope things go well for you, Latchkey.

I am modestly happy for being able to push FD in the right direction.

Still cold and wet. Winter will never cease, I am sure of that now!

Much better health. I am back at work, but gently. I overdid the not using of crutches last week. Great to know I didn't need them at a basic level, but then something got swollen and painful, so I am not quite so overdoing now!

I had a great day of chaplaincy on Saturday. Emergency response services had a day of festivities for remote regions of Gippsland. I wen along as a disaster relief chaplain, and so was forced to either hobble around, or sit comfortably, and explain my role to the nterestd, greet those I knew, and chat generally to folk. We were invited too late, apparently, to have a stall, but next year.... Anyway, out in the sun, on the coast, lovely park, sausage sizzle, being nice.... Great day.

We pray we won't be needed this fire season!

[ 18. September 2016, 22:58: Message edited by: Rowen ]

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glad to hear you're on the mend, Rowen - now take it easy!!!

LKK, hope everything goes well with your new church situation.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The next twelve hours will be amongst the biggest and hardest in my life ... "canon to right of them, canon to left of them"

well ... bishops and lawyers, mainly [Tear]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
The next twelve hours will be amongst the biggest and hardest in my life ... "canon to right of them, canon to left of them"

well ... bishops and lawyers, mainly [Tear]

[Votive]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Zappa [Votive]

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Zappa

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

[Votive] Zappa [Votive]

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rowen:

We pray we won't be needed this fire season!

I hear it has been a tad wet on the other side of Victoria. It has certainly been wet here and the ephemeral Lake George now has a lot of water in it. The grasses are growing, the pollen is blowing...so we are wondering what this may mean for the summer. Hopefully you will be hobbling faster by then!

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
Around here, south facing houses are preferred as that leaves the kitchens and casual living areas facing north and getting the sun. Those areas usually give out onto the pool and outside decks, terraces etc, making the house easier to live in most of the year. Air-conditioning deals with the worst summer days.

One piece of advice I remember from my young married days was that in buying or building a house I should make sure the kitchen didn't get the late afternoon sun, making it uncomfortably hot when cooking the dinner. But I've never spent hours cooking a hot dinner, especially in summer.
Our overhang in fact keeps the hot sun out of the living room (Aust: lounge room?) in summer and lets the lower winter sun warm it beautifully. But this would be traditional in sunny climates.

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've noticed that quite a lot of houses here seem to have overhanging roofs, and while my first thought was "won't it make the room awfully dark?", having experienced the heat of New Brunswick July, I think I can see where they're coming from.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Zappa - prayers from us as well.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Zappa [Votive]

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Have you had your breakfast with the boys yet? If not, make sure that you have your weet bix before you go.

--------------------

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
Have you had your breakfast with the boys yet? If not, make sure that you have your weet bix before you go.

That was last Friday, and there was an adequate supply of sweet and savory products. By 800 o'clock it's almost morning tea for me.

Last Assembly yesterday and Valedictory Dinner last night. Brought home some silverware and got to play an item at the dinner. He was a bit tired having been to a rock concert the night before and spent midnight to 1 am in the Fox Studio car park trying to come home. Permissive parents have a lot to answer for.

mr curly

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

You did well, then, as did Biggest.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks, all. Gagged for now, but appreciate the love, prayers and support.

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

As Piglet said on the other thread, may the peace that was so much a part of yesterday continue.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Thanks, all. Gagged for now, but appreciate the love, prayers and support.

Love, prayers, and support continue...
[Votive]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hello! I am popping in with a very strange request. I'm looking for a Shippie whose name I don't remember except that he belonged to St. Philip’s, Bungendore, NSW.

A few years ago, he kindly sent me a sample of a charming little booklet about the animals in the St. Philip's stained glass windows. It's been at least three years and two email systems later, and in the meantime, I've lost track of his contact info. I've just completed a similar type of booklet, in which I give St. Philip's credit for inspiration, but I would also like to PM or email him to thank him again.

Friend, are you there and reading this? Can you PM me if you don't care to post on the thread? Or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Much appreciated.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Possibly Vulpior? He lives in the general area but I think he moved churches.

[ 23. September 2016, 22:32: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
Hello! I am popping in with a very strange request. I'm looking for a Shippie whose name I don't remember except that he belonged to St. Philip’s, Bungendore, NSW.

A few years ago, he kindly sent me a sample of a charming little booklet about the animals in the St. Philip's stained glass windows. It's been at least three years and two email systems later, and in the meantime, I've lost track of his contact info. I've just completed a similar type of booklet, in which I give St. Philip's credit for inspiration, but I would also like to PM or email him to thank him again.

Friend, are you there and reading this? Can you PM me if you don't care to post on the thread? Or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Much appreciated.

Vulpior lives/lived just outside Bungendore - is that right? Not heard from him for ages.

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Zappa [Votive]

Last night I was to tired to post the following;

If I ever make any noises about moving to Wellington I would be sincerely grateful if a kind shipmate would hunt me down and assassinate me before I could carry out such a misguided plan.

Today I have my sense of perspective back and would settle for being put in restraints and played soothing music.

If there's anything in re-incarnation I'm coming back as an orphan - with no siblings.

I am now going to pick Georgie-Porgy up from the cattery and resuming my quiet life. [Axe murder]

Huia

[ 23. September 2016, 22:58: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wishing you lots of Georgie-Porgie snuggles, Huia.

Thanks to Loth and Gee D for suggesting Vulpior. That's it.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Clarence
Shipmate
# 9491

- Posted      Profile for Clarence   Email Clarence   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wishing you tranquillity Huia!

--------------------
I scraped my knees while I was praying - Paramore

Posts: 793 | From: Over the rainbow | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
...If there's anything in re-incarnation I'm coming back as an orphan - with no siblings...

Oh Bliss!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
Wishing you lots of Georgie-Porgie snuggles, Huia.

Thanks to Loth and Gee D for suggesting Vulpior. That's it.

A cousin has a property outside Bungendore. Bungendore itself is a pretty, small village about a half hour from Canberra, with several good cafés and lunch spots as well as an excellent shop with wooden furniture. One of Gough Whitlam's ministers retired there, saying that housing etc was affordable, the lifestyle comfortable, and no further from quality medical treatment than many places in Sydney or Melbourne; he refound his faith and joined St Philips. Can't think of his name, but my cousin spoke well of him.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
... If there's anything in re-incarnation I'm coming back as an orphan ...

I'm coming back as a cat. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

Local Anglican church had a worship service of prayer and praise featuring the Dynasty8 Chamber Choir and the DustyEsky Choir.
Full house.

This wasn't yesterday but this is the Dusty Esky Choir. .

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

Little Miss is in England on a school band tour. The house is blissfully quiet. Dinner tonight was quite a bit spicier than she likes. [Mad]

In other news, Biggest's rather leisurely preparations for the HSC have been interrupted by news that his music performance has been nominated for "Encore", the showcase of best performances, at the Opera House in March next year. Has to record his pieces on video and submit and then get selected from those nominated etc etc, but a good sign that he did well.

On the job front, I get to apply for the job I designed. In with a chance....

mr curly

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Curly:

mr curly

[Votive]

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

quote:
Originally posted by Galloping Granny:
quote:

mr curly

[Votive]

GG

Amen

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am springing around the countryside a fair bit at present. Just back from Tuross, about to go to Sydney for a 4 day conference, then back to Tuross to help run a convention. Immediately after that B1 and B1.1 & B1.2 are moving out to a townhouse just up the road from us, so it will be all hands on deck to assist the move.

After 2 years with us, I am very glad to have some space back, but equally glad they are close by and the boys' schooling arrangements will remain as they are.

And no sooner than they exit, my sister from NQ is coming to stay. Banner Mum is looking forward to this very much.

It is indeed A New Season, shippies. Woohoo! [Yipee]

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

quote:
quote:
quote:

mr curly

[Votive]

GG

Amen
I didn't get the job I wrote the JD for. A friend of the manager did. Hope this is not too negative.

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

quote:
Originally posted by Latchkey Kid:
I didn't get the job I wrote the JD for. A friend of the manager did. Hope this is not too negative.

Hope that there's a better one waiting for you.

[Votive]

GG

--------------------

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Latchkey Kid:

Hope that there's a better one waiting for you.

[Votive]

GG

That was a while ago. I moved to doing consultancy.
When that dried up through various encouragements (including FD) I trained in chaplaincy. I am now living on my Super, doing voluntary chaplaincy at the local hospital, and being the technical advisor to my chaplaincy academy (where all the staff volunteer their services). I am taking the lead in moving them into providing on-line training using MOODLE as their LMS.
These seem to be among the best years of my life.

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

Sydneysiders, our dear friend Jugular is being comedic in our fair city tomorrow night (in Parramatta) and ticket sales are, apparently, slow.

I'll be there. If anyone doesn't know the details and wants to join in for an impromptu Shipmeet, PM me.

mr curly

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bother, too far away. I could do with some comedy in my life at present. It's getting to the stage where I don't want to answer the phone.

Still a couple of the weekend activities in the Walking Festival look interesting, and some are even out of cell phone range (especially if it's switched off [Two face] )

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think it's actually quite wise not answering the phone when it's getting to the stage. Your audience might disapprove. They want your full attention! And I guess you don't want to get heckled so early on!

Wesley J, providing a few seconds of comedy to Huia [Smile]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Turning the phone off occasionally can be very useful for my mental health - after all it is not that long ago that mobile phones were just a pipe dream, if folks expect us to be at their beck & call it says more about them than it does about us.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Sydneysiders, our dear friend Jugular is being comedic in our fair city tomorrow night (in Parramatta) and ticket sales are, apparently, slow.

I'll be there. If anyone doesn't know the details and wants to join in for an impromptu Shipmeet, PM me.

mr curly

Damn, wish I was in Sydney right now. Head over to Pirate church, you mob. It's great. [Killing me]
Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Spending the weekend in Melbourne.
Saw the fabulous Jugular on stage last night, laughed hysterically.
Staying with Nunc who lives here now.... Lots of good conversation.
Lunch with Bronwyn today.

A very shippy long weekend here!

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Knight:
Damn, wish I was in Sydney right now. Head over to Pirate church, you mob. It's great. [Killing me]

In the name of The Deep, The Captain and the Ghostly Parrot, GGGGAAARRRRRR-men

mr curly

PS Pirate Church is VERY FUNNY!

--------------------

Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Was it your first time, Curls?

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Knight:
Was it your first time, Curls?

No, second time. I missed one of my favourite characters, Jayden, but this was made up for by the Immigration Officer challenging the Uniting Church minister providing sanctuary for refugees. Priceless.

mr curly

PS Oh, and the rum.

--------------------

Kittyville
Shipmate
# 16106

- Posted      Profile for Kittyville     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fairy tales all round in Australian football this weekend, as long as you don't mention the Wallabies. Like many Swans supporters, I couldn't begrudge the Western Bulldogs their drought-breaking victory; and although I'm no fan of Cronulla Sharks, what's not to like about them beating the Storm?
Posts: 291 | From: Sydney | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Kittyville:
... what's not to like about them beating the Storm?

I know the square root of diddly-squat about Australian footie, but that sounds to me like the delicious feeling of schadenfreude that Brits like me (who support Lesser Beings like Ipswich Town) get when somebody - anybody - stuffs Manchester United.

[Devil]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Melbourne storm are not liked in Sydney and also other areas. They play hard and in many cases, just the right side of legal plays. I know next to nothing about League, preferring other codes, but have picked up the general feeling.. Cronulla Sharks, now premiers, have been all their existence without a premiership.. Fifty years. The Storm have been premiers before.

Not only that, there was an Aussie Rules premiership on this weekend too. The Sydney Swans lost to a Melbourne team. It would have been unthinkable to many that Melbourne should hold both Cups.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  25  26  27 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016