homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Down under in the antipodes (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  25  26  27 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Down under in the antipodes
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The lovely St Banner Lady just popped in, with books, toiletry supplies and a cheery smile.
Just in time to find me here, before I move to a rehab ward soon.
Things seem to be going ok, and again, thanks for your prayers. Much appreciated.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have been visited by the pastoral care team member twice now, two different folks.
Most of my ministry was a hospital chaplIncy, so it is very interesting to experience it all from the other end.
They were very encouraging.

Off to rehab today, as things are going well, apparently.

--------------------

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Progress sounds good, Rowen. May it continue well.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glad things are progressing well Rowen [Axe murder] [Votive]

[ 21. March 2016, 10:26: Message edited by: Doone ]

Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rowan looked quite chipper when I saw her this morning, although that was before the physio session! Very glad they are not sending her home too soon. She will be getting an entirely new perspective on Easter this year...and should be warned that Canberra empties by about half its population then...I do hope this does not include the necessary staff needed for her wellbeing.

First autumn fog this morning. The fire may be going on at Chez Banner at breakfast time tomorrow!

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Friends in Southern Highlands south of Bowral have had a couple of small fires at night. Sydney feels as if the season has changed. So much better than last week.

Good news about Rowen's recovery. I remember DIL's mum had both knees done at once as each was too bad to support her while the other healed. She had several weeks in rehab hospital.

[ 23. March 2016, 04:54: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well I though autumn had started here until I saw we had a temperature of 26c forecast for tomorrow. They also predicted rain and possibly hail - so who knows?

Rowen, I hope your recovery continues smoothly.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, a rainy Easter predicted here too. I am hoping for a sedate time of it as I have put my back out and so am doing things veeeery slooooowly. No going up and down ladders to finish the painting of our renovations. Sigh.

The good news is that there will be chocolate!
[Smile]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Could you be foreman of other workers? Nah, guess not. That would be as stressful as doing job yourself.

Perhaps you and Rowen could hobble around supporting each other. Take care, BL, and pass my greetings to Rowen please.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I am having a few days at my niece's place in the Hills district of Sydney. Niece is at Byron Bay Blues Fest and her mother and I are here. Now online as I was finally reached with wifi password.

We had lunch at a nursery café at Galston where I had an amazing mixed seafood dish with a tangy chilli sauce. My sister knows all the backroots as she lived here for a long time. We came to an intersection with a Christmas tree of road signe to about eight places,

There was a neat well made sign next to this. The arrow in one direction said Utopia. Pointing in the other direction was a sign, to the rest of the world.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As Facebook friends know, I'm going the whole Yul Brynner tomorrow ... but in a good cause ... (and yeah, I know, but it's not the first time I've outed myself shipboard, and I'm in the Gallery anyway, albeit less dramatically)

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I hope the warmer temperatures continue for a while in your neck of the woods then. Failing that possum and merino beanies are soft and warm. I often have to fight the cat for mine.

Good cause too Zappa.

Huia

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Middle son has done this for many years in honour of his grandmother who had leukaemia and then last year with Miss M. This year was different. His wedding was in the middle of the time and he pulled out of the shaved head.

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

Scary noise - followed by a wee wobble. Business as usual.

It's weird how the loudness of the sound doesn't always relate to the strength of the aftershock. But that one was only about 5.5 kilometres away.

I have a theory that I feel them less when I'm reading a good book than when I'm at the computer, so off to bed with my library book.

Huia

[ 26. March 2016, 09:01: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Christ is Risen!

Unfortunately, so is the contents of our sewer pipe. Currently supervising plumber who seems to have his electric eel stuck deep in the back yard.

Good vibe for the play and procession in town on Friday, and lots of good coverage on news. Next is debuting my acoustic duo at a local bar at 4 pm. Will be tired tonight!

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Curly:
Christ is Risen!

Unfortunately, so is the contents of our sewer pipe.
mr curly

Only on the Ship would we see this! [Big Grin]

Yay, Easter Day and our Minister's last service before he retires [Waterworks]

But he wasn't there. He was taken to hospital yesterday with vertigo. Please pray for R.

The co-oped Minister who celebrated Communion and the two Elders did a great job between them.

Huia

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Christ is Risen!

Unfortunately, so is the contents of our sewer pipe. Currently supervising plumber who seems to have his electric eel stuck deep in the back yard.

Good vibe for the play and procession in town on Friday, and lots of good coverage on news. Next is debuting my acoustic duo at a local bar at 4 pm. Will be tired tonight!

mr curly

Fortunately the weather is cooler than when that happened to us on a hot Australia Day. There were comments about how appropriate it was .

[ 26. March 2016, 22:46: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well done Zappa! [Overused]

Huia - hope your ex-minister's going to be OK. [Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
quote:
Christ is Risen!

Unfortunately, so is the contents of our sewer pipe.
mr curly

Only on the Ship would we see this! [Big Grin]

A number of years ago the opening sentence at our main service on Easter morning was, "The toilets in the ladies' room aren't working." Too bad we weren't Mystery Worshipped that day!

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tukai
Shipmate
# 12960

- Posted      Profile for Tukai   Email Tukai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The plight of Rowen (who we hope to call on soon!) reminds me of one Easter a few years ago, when it was me waking up in recovery from intensive care. It made the message of the Resurrection even more poignant than usual.

--------------------
A government that panders to the worst instincts of its people degrades the whole country for years to come.

Posts: 594 | From: Oz | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr Curly, was this Cross procession your group?

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

Such an unusual Easter for me....
The first, with no services, in 26 years.
Fabulous hospital chaplaincy team, especially the lovely Budhist nun, over the Easter week.
Dealing with pain and dependency, although both are lessening somewhat. After a lifetime of independence, it is weird to need help. Today we ditched the frame and embraced crutches full time! Big step forward.
The blessed Saint Banner Lady popped in today, having heard my plea, and brought in outside food, which was yummy! She is also dealing with my washing, the sweetheart.
Some visits by UCA ministers, including the hierarchy, having heard my current funding only gives 18 months at a time. He wanted just to say hi. We know each other anyway, but that was a good thing to do.
Many conversations with staff, who ave discovered what it is I do. Many of them are Christian, and keen to talk with me, which is lovely.

So, as Easters go.... Odd.
As part of life itself, bearable.

Any visitors welcome! Truly.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

A most unusual Easter Sunday for me too. Having promised to accompany my mother to the Catholic service in her nursing home this morning, the rostered lay person did not turn up to take it. It was handballed to me, the Holy Spirit got creative and a service was had. Not sure how the local priest is going to react when he finds this out, but even I enjoyed the homily as I really had no idea what was going to come out of my mouth.

I think I managed to quite surprise my parent. I know it surprised me! Good thing someone had recently posted a Facebook clip of catholic preacher Brennan Manning pondering what question we might each be asked at the pearly gates. A springboard for many ideas.

It was good to laugh about it with Rowen afterwards, too.

The rest of the day was spent visiting family; meeting a new foster dog that needs anxiety meds every morning; and exchanging potty humour with two of my pre-school aged grandchildren. "Poo" is their most used word at present.

[Ultra confused]

Happy Easter everyone!

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Banner Lady [Overused] [Overused]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
Mr Curly, was this Cross procession your group?

That's it!

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Currently supervising plumber who seems to have his electric eel stuck deep in the back yard.

That sounds so much like it should be a euphemism for something...
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

Ex Minister is out of hospital [Yipee]

Hey Zappa - how about an 'after' photo to go with the 'before' one?

I don't know if you remember Zappa, but some years ago someone posted Shit Happens on the Ship and your reply was So does Resurrection. I made an Easter card of it and I still think it was on of the shortest, most helpful sermons I've ever heard. I often hear it in my mind when shit does indeed happen.

Huia

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
you sent me a card and I still have it!

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

That's lovely to her Zappa.

A friend has his on display and a rather conservative visitor admired it, but was less keen when he realised a rude word was involved [Razz]

I realised the other day that I hadn't done much creative stuff for ages apart from designing and stitching a small wall hanging, so I have spent some time working on a new design, which would go a lot more easily if I remembered to wear the right glasses while stitching [Roll Eyes]

Huia

[ 30. March 2016, 08:36: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If I had an NZ$ for every time I get as far as the top of the stairs before I realise I am still wearing my computer specs I'd be a bit richer than I am now - I just can't do stairs in these, or not safely.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
... I hadn't done much creative stuff for ages apart from designing and stitching a small wall hanging ...

That's a small wall hanging more than I've done. [Big Grin]

[Overused]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
If I had an NZ$ for every time I get as far as the top of the stairs before I realise I am still wearing my computer specs I'd be a bit richer than I am now - I just can't do stairs in these, or not safely.

Ha, you too! I changed to progressive lenses last year, and the first couple of months was precarious, particularly on stairs.

Huia, none of my prescription glasses work for sewing by hand. I usually sew without glasses at all and end up with a colossal headache. I'm wondering about trying a pair of ready made magnifying glasses from the chemist.

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3702 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Yes, changing depth of eyesight does stuff up one's sewing skills rather muchly. BL has even been known to swear at the self-threading sewing machine!

Rowen has had a tough morning, but I have delivered to her the makings of a sling shot, so that she can at least now make paper balls and peg them at the walls. This is the rough part of being clergy...trying to contain one's frustration and pain in a very public place. Hospital stay looks like stretching out into next week. Daylight saving will be over by then, so she will step out into a changed world!

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

Rowen, ongoing prayers for recovery and frustration..

Arabella, I ended up buying 2 pair of progressives, one for day to day use and the other for needlework and reading. I took a work in progress with me, choosing a piece with a high stitch count(more stitches per inch) so the second pair of glasses could be accurately calibrated. I got headaches using hobby glasses as my eyes are of unequal strength. It was expensive, but it has paid off in terms of lower frustration levels, fewer headaches, better needlework and the ability to read for hours at a time. Next time I will probably buy them 6 months apart to spread the load moneywise.

Well the third technician from Chorus (telephone lines company has come and gone, and still my landline phone isn't working. [Waterworks] At least he didn't cut of my internet this time. This one thinks the problem is with how the wiring comes into the house, but they are not allowed onto the section unless someone is home, which I wasn't today as Vodaphone deemed it unnecessary. He's coming back on Monday afternoon, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe I should try bribing him with some muffins -it can't be much fun working for a company that doesn't seem to be well liked, in a place like Christchurch where the ongoing shakes make connections and people more fragile.

Huia

--------------------

Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Huia, that's a good idea. I'm not due new glasses for a while yet, but I might have to think about proper reading glasses.

I like the image of Rowen practising her slingshot skills. Hope you improve quickly but well.

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3702 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
...and there's me thinking a slingshot was a GIN based cocktail! I thought Rowen was going to amuse the other inmates with her cocktail shaker skills!

Sadly they can't make progressives with my prismatic prescription - they are like the bottoms of coke bottles on the outside and wafer thin on the inside...

...but then I am almost as old as UnclePete!

[Eek!]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

...but then I am almost as old as UnclePete!

[Eek!]

I didn't think even God was that old
[Biased]

Huia -if ya can't make fun of ya favourite Uncle, who else can ya choose? [Two face]

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My progressive lenses are adequate for most sewing tasks, but I have a very large magnifying glass on a loop that hangs around my neck. I use that for particularly tricky hand sewing.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
Yes, changing depth of eyesight does stuff up one's sewing skills ...

I should be OK then - I haven't any for it to stuff up. [Big Grin]

Because I have Complicated Eyes* I probably shan't need bifocals or vari-focals. Every cloud has a silver lining.

* I was born with congenital cataracts, which have been treated with surgery, contact lenses, spectacles and an implant lens.

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
My progressive lenses are adequate for most sewing tasks, but I have a very large magnifying glass on a loop that hangs around my neck. I use that for particularly tricky hand sewing.

Moo

I was going to suggest using one of these too. I made a cross stitch picture for daughter Erin when she got married and the stitches were very small. The magnifying glass was essential but I restricted its use to one hour as it still hurt my eyes.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I almost never do embroidery or cross stitch now because of this. Aida fabric with a high thread count was almost impossible to see where stitches should go. I did find it was better to do it outside in good light. That made a big difference. Fortunately, my main craft is knitting.

I have a daylight lamp with an adjustable stem which arcs over the handiwork. Strength of light can also be adjusted by varying pressure on the switch. This was majorly expensive, about AUD150.00. However it helps a lot and I was told bulb should last twenty years or more. Very frugal to run , too, so I guess things even out a bit over the years.

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm glad to say that last week was the week that was, not to continue, and most unlikely to be repeated. On Maundy Thursday, I was asked to take on a 4 day hearing starting Tuesday as counsel previously in it had become seriously unwell. So lots of juggling the work I had planned doing and a weekend of reading and preparing a case I'd never seen before. Then all the work through the week needed as well. Still, it's now over and a walk early yesterday, a glorious autumn day, with Madame and Dog helped put the world back together.

We do hope that Rowen's now improving, even if slowly. She has been very fortunate to have had your support BL, as well as the relative convenience of Canberra for health services.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Well, I have had a hugely exhausting weekend, and have been unable to do a hospital run for a few days. Builder and other tradesmen arriving to do quotes in the morning, canteen roster at the nursing home just before lunch and another meeting in the afternoon. I am hoping to get to the hospital in between. I know Rowen understands there is always a lot going on at Chez Banner, which is a blessing. But please do keep her in your prayers, and send her ideas and fun messages to alleviate the boredom.

More than a week in a hospital is hard for anyone. Even the very holy!

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

The very holy is definitely improving, and sees that so, every day.... But is bored. Hopefully this is my last week.

Of course I have understood how BL is placed. It was a quite weekend, with lots of reading, and sleep.... Both enjoyable activities.

Thanks for your kind support, dear folk.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

IANAD, but I reckon that in any situation involving recovery from illness/injury/surgery, sleep is the very thing that you need.

May you get lots of it, and get well very soon - prayers still ascending. [Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'm another great fan of sleep - I consider a siesta the absolute height of civilisation!

eta: and Rowen, however bored you may be in hospital it is still worth hanging on in there and not trying to get back into w*rk too quickly. I know you know this but it is also worth repeating.

[ 04. April 2016, 03:14: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

I am absolutely gobsmacked. I lost my Driver's Licence and went through all the palaver of form filling and getting someone to sign the back of a photo saying it was me. I handed in the documents on Thursday last week and the new Licence was in my letterbox today [Eek!]

How's that for efficient?

Also the nice man from Chorus fixed my phone (I hope).

Huia - on a roll

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The UK Passport people can be good, too. We renewed ours a few weeks ago. On the Monday we completed the forms and paid online, had our photographs taken (which is the bit that neither of us like!), and sent them off to the Passport Office in Peterborough. On the Saturday morning we had a ring at the door; and there was a courier with our passports all duly completed. We were impressed!
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Rowen's escape plans are looking more promising now she is down to using only one crutch.

It is a glorious autumn week here in the national capitol, with much colour and warmth, yet cool enough to sleep well at night.
I have guttering to paint today - the challenge is how to keep all the falling leaves from sticking to it after I have done it!

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

They are opening the prison door on Friday. Friends will take me home, and stay a couple of weeks. Yay! I want my own bed and pillow.
I forget to bring winter clothes away with me, apart from my new dressing gown, which my friend was taking up for me. So, at least I will be warm and cosy, if odd-looking . Still. It is a Very Nice new dressing gown.
Again, BL is a saint!
Thanks again for your messages of support.
I will be very slowly easing back into work. Driving restrictions demand tat for a few more weeks.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  25  26  27 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016