homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Praise and Thanksgiving - 2016 (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Praise and Thanksgiving - 2016
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glad you feel better today, daisymay.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Had a lovely long phone chat with my Mum today. Just [Yipee]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My sub agency just gave me a generous raise. Moving out has thus become less of a distant hope and more of a distinct possibility,

[Yipee]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Excellent news, Kelly!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Kelly [Yipee]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Excellent news, Kelly! [Yipee]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, Brilliant!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay for all the yay!

Especially Kelly's yay-worthy raise! [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am pleased to say that Eldest Son's wedding went very well, if not entirely according to plan (do they ever?). The couple are having a few days to themselves while Mrs Sioni and I look after their 11 month old son.

(btw, the venue was Newport's Mansion House which is beautiful. Another of the city's hidden treasures.)

[ 27. July 2016, 20:06: Message edited by: Sioni Sais ]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
I am pleased to say that Eldest Son's wedding went very well, if not entirely according to plan (do they ever?).

You clearly have never met my sister. Hers was planned like a military operation. The Bridesmaids were to leave at 12:05, and at 12:05 we were going around the roundabout at the bottom of the road.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jengie jon:
You clearly have never met my sister. Hers was planned like a military operation...
Jengie

In my experience, the most precisely planned events are the ones that gang aft agley.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jengie jon:
You clearly have never met my sister. Hers was planned like a military operation. The Bridesmaids were to leave at 12:05, and at 12:05 we were going around the roundabout at the bottom of the road.

Jengie

Some years ago I was due to conduct a wedding. Much to everyone's discomfiture, the bridal car arrived 10 or 15 minutes too early. I told the driver to "take a turn around the block", which he did.

Unfortunately I hadn't reckoned on it being a Football fay. The car got stuck in the match traffic and took a good half-hour to return!

[ 28. July 2016, 06:44: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

- Posted      Profile for LRP   Email LRP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you Lord for the safe arrival of our grand daughter Brook Eevie and parents Anna an Duane.
Posts: 420 | From: Yorkshire lass, born and bred. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by LRP:
Thank you Lord for the safe arrival of our grand daughter Brook Eevie and parents Anna an Duane.

Congratulations to all!
[Axe murder]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations, LRP and balaam!

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay weddings!

Yay babies!

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Giving thanks for new babies. [Yipee]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations LRP and Balaam! [Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I give thanks for the safe delivery of a friend's baby - both mother and child are doing well. [Smile]

--------------------
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Yipee]
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ma Mad Cat's CT scan showed a blockage in her lung but no malignancy. Wept with relief when I played back the message.

Thank you God [Yipee] and blessings on our NHS. [Angel]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Glad to hear it, MC. Prayers continuing for your mum.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

MC [Smile]
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I love, I love, I LOVE living here!

That's all but occasionally it sort of swamps me with gratitude.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Good to know, WW.

We think we're going to love living here too, and I'm on here to give thanks that we've had an acceptable offer on our house.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
Good to know, WW.

We think we're going to love living here too, and I'm on here to give thanks that we've had an acceptable offer on our house.

[Yipee]

Wonderful news!

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
~Tortuf

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So, so pleased Piglet! [Yipee]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to report that I have at last had the results of the MRI scan from the Funny Turn I had at the end of May.

I was hoping that it was *only* migraine, but apparently it was the tiniest of mini-strokes*. That may not seem like much cause for rejoicing, but viewed as a warning it must be seen as a real blessing [Overused] as the tablets they immediately put me on have lowered my blood pressure and dropped my cholesterol to a level described as 'fabulous'.

So thank you Lord for the warning, and thanks also to our much-maligned NHS for their prompt and effective treatment [Overused]

The very Grateful Mrs. S

* I've had no recurrence, which must be Good News also

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Glad to hear it, Mrs. S. Take care of yourself. [Smile]

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Great news Mrs S [Smile] [Smile]
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

Thanks all [Overused]

Also posting here to give thanks for the Diamond Wedding anniversary of our Honorary Curate and his wife, celebrated in church today. Well done J & E [Angel]

--------------------

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

Yay! for all the Yay! [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hive the little birds and they eat and are pleased. I walked along and they were many. I ait them to eat,

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Glad you enjoy them, Daisymay.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Josephine and I became grandparents today as our oldest daughter, shipmate WatersOfBabylon ("Babs") gave birth to her firstborn, a boy. Congrats to the new parents and welcome to the new sprog. Get set to be spoiled, kid.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Yipee] [Axe murder]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

How lovely for you. [Yipee]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mousethief and Josephine, congratulations on becoming grandparents! A most awesome job description!
Well done, Babs!! [Yipee]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations Mousethief & Josephine on becoming grandparents for the first time. You'll be surprised how different you feel compared to parenthood.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lovely news! Congratulations!
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Congratulations [Axe murder] [Votive]
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wonderful news! Congratulations to all.
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I as in the two Church at one away and it was both good. In both is was bread and wine. ! Excelent.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wonderful news Mousethief and Josephine. [Axe murder]

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

Amen to that, Huia - M&J, enjoy yourselves!

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had been steadily losing sight in my good eye (the bad one is not worth much), and today my eye doctor had me in for laser practice. It is exactly like a video game, zap zap zap. And just like that, I can see again. As I sit here and type this I can see that the bird on the window feeder is a titmouse, a fat one. I am very grateful!

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Congratulations Mousethief, Josephine, and welcome baby mouse. [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
I had been steadily losing sight in my good eye (the bad one is not worth much), and today my eye doctor had me in for laser practice. It is exactly like a video game, zap zap zap. And just like that, I can see again. As I sit here and type this I can see that the bird on the window feeder is a titmouse, a fat one. I am very grateful!

Brilliant news BC, from someone heading to the eye hospital after breakfast.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
BC: I don't understand how that works, but I'm happy for you that it does!

Everyone: Cheers! As I told a friend, it's a great job description. Babs does all the work for 9 months, and I get to bask in congratulations from people who don't even know her. If only all accolades took this little work!

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016