homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Praise and Thanksgiving - 2016 (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Praise and Thanksgiving - 2016
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

- Posted      Profile for LRP   Email LRP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our son Matthew is getting married tommorrow to Lois best wishes an God bless you both.
Posts: 420 | From: Yorkshire lass, born and bred. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations to them, and I hope they get a lovely day for it! [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by LRP:
Our son Matthew is getting married tommorrow to Lois best wishes an God bless you both.

A really good day was has, evidenced by how tired and slightly hung over* I was in church this morning.

*Slightly because still a little intoxicated. Alcohol consumed at a wedding feast? Jesus would have approved.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Proper thing, Balaam - glad to hear you all had a good day. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nine months ago I was in bed and could hardly move, then I went to a walker, then two canes, then one cane, then no cane around the house and yesterday I went out without my cane. whooo whooo. And I am able to drive again.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hooray for you. I can empathise with you and I know quite a lot of it is actually in the head. So well done.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Well done, Graven Image - take it easy, and may your complete recovery be as swift as possible.

[Votive]

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Graven Image:
Nine months ago I was in bed and could hardly move, then I went to a walker, then two canes, then one cane, then no cane around the house and yesterday I went out without my cane. whooo whooo. And I am able to drive again.

You have done much better than I, congratulations. Still using two sticks to walk. Sigh.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Lilly Pad. May you continue to gain. If two sticks keep you moving forward then for now praises for the two sticks. May you be given patience in your limitations, and joy in your improvements.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Last night my wife had a long talk on the phone with her (half) brother. For the first time. Ever.

She had known about him for 60 years and worried about him being left out of the family, but only just now found a name that she could track down. He was overjoyed, too.

It has been a busy few months: last weekend she met two nephews for the first time who she hadn't known about before this summer. And the week before that she was contacted (via a DNA sample) by a great niece who had been given up for adoption, and who was looking for her birth family.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

That sounds wonderful, Carex. May they both have long life and health to enjoy getting to know each other.

--------------------

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

Well worth rejoicing indeed. May the family circle grow ever stronger.
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am delighted to tell all you lovely people who have prayed for our family this year that Master S married the Lovely Girlfriend in the presence of 130+ friends and family on Saturday [Axe murder]

The service was lovely, everyone had mucked in and helped with the setting-up, the cake, the flowers, the decorations for the hall, etc, and the Dowager not only attended but stayed well [Yipee]

Given the recent death of LG's beloved father, the speeches were something of a tear-jerker, but it was a wonderful day and they are very happy [Overused]

Mrs. S, so grateful for your prayer support

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To my shame I forgot this thread [Hot and Hormonal]

For God's presence and justice in a very difficult journey.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Mrs. S. - delighted to hear everything went well. I completely understand about the tear-jerking speeches; the same thing happened when my nephew got married a few months after his father (my brother-in-law) had died.

Very best wishes to Master S. and the LG.

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm here to thank God for his abundant blessings, including a positive turn of events at work, and some wonderful colleagues in one of my volunteering roles.

And everything.

He is good. His love has no end.

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Axe murder]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was in the St Jouns Hyde Park in the morning and also I the evening. It was really excellent both. I enjoyed it.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That''s brilliant daisymay [Smile]
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
God definitely moves in mysterious ways when he answers prayers. I prayed hard for a pianist and singers and received a bongo player, which turned out to be surprisingly perfect. [Yipee] [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Killing me] [Killing me] [Angel]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
B's funeral went really well - the church was rammed, maybe 250 people or more; the tributes were heartfelt and funny; and I so, so wish I'd really known the man who would have been my son's father-in-law [Overused]

In fact the only problem was trying to sing Be Thou My Vision; if you don't get the right combination of words and music it is just im-poss-ib-le (but if that was all there was to worry about it wasn't too bad [Axe murder] )

Thank you all for your prayers [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Glad to hear it, Mrs. S. [Votive]

--------------------

AdamPater
Sacristan of the LavaLamp
# 4431

- Posted      Profile for AdamPater   Email AdamPater   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks be to God(*), who pours out grace and mercy in unanticipated ways, who shows me the way when I forget. May I so do in turn.

(and interceding friends)

--------------------
Put not your trust in princes.

Posts: 4894 | From: On the left of the big pink bit. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have been in the church and it will be this evening ! It is always very good !

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you Father for the gift of your grace through the sacraments.

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The USS Samson, which is in NZ to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the NZ Navy has been diverted and will assist in evacuating tourists and locals trapped in a small coastal town (Kaikoura) following Monday morning's earthquake. [Yipee] [Yipee]

Thanks friends.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Warships from Canada, [Yipee] Australia [Yipee] and the UK [Yipee] are also now set to invade Kaikoura .

The Navy certainly timed its anniversary well.

Huia [Biased]

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a new job. With benefits, full time, and a decent salary. First time since 2000. Thanks be to God.

--------------------

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's awesome news, Lamb Chopped! [Yipee]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
I have a new job. With benefits, full time, and a decent salary. First time since 2000. Thanks be to God.

Wonderful news.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Brilliant! Congratulations [Yipee]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:

Wonderful!
[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hooray for Lamb Chopped's new job. [Big Grin] [Yipee]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

LC [Yipee]
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay, Lamb Chopped!

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
YAY! for all the yay! [Yipee]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

LC, I'm so thrilled for you! [Yipee]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Congratulations Lamb Chopped!

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations LC!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good work LC!

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Thanks everybody. Thank you, God!

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Yipee] Right on!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today is my Christian birthday - 29 years! The thread I'm hanging on by is a bit threadbare these days, but still intact so I'll take that [Smile]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hang on to that thread Jack the Lass, it's got three strands so it's strong. [Axe murder]

Congrats LC!

Thank you God for a neighbour whose diagnosis of terminal cancer has changed - he is now clear! [Yipee]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

It was in the London church to this evening and it was good - they five us read and wine and it is good about the one.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

On Nov 16 I posted my distress about the pool that is a nursery for the seals in Kaikoura being obliterated in the big earthquake. Apparently the news is not so bad. The number of seals hasn't been affected and the baby seals can still use the river that the pool was part of. It may be possible for the rocks that have filled the pool to be removed although, understandably this is not a priority.

I'm sorry I can't link to the video as the URL is really long, but if you Google "Stuff New Zealand" the search for "Seals at Ohau Point" you can see them as they were [Axe murder] [Axe murder]

Huia

[Hot and Hormonal] Not only can I stuff up links - the spelling isn't too hot either [Hot and Hormonal]

[ 25. November 2016, 07:30: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for an unexpectedly improved situation at work. Goodwill to those both going and coming.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Yipee] Yay for all the yay! [Yipee]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord P's girlfriend became a Christian yesterday!!. Lord P now has a very large smile on his face and we are happy and relieved! And there is quite a party going on in heaven.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016