homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2016 (Page 17)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  64  65  66 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2016
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Landlubber
Shipmate
# 11055

- Posted      Profile for Landlubber   Email Landlubber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all who have asked here. (Bishops Finger, that goes for the coming weeks, as well.) [Votive]

--------------------
They that go down to the sea in ships … reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man

Posts: 383 | From: On dry land | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Telepath, praying for the best outcome out of all possible outcomes [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Lord, hear our prayer. [Votive]

Please pray for my sister, S. A recent health exam revealed it is possible she might have cirrhosis. Further tests are planned, but in the meantime, she is very frightened. As am I . [Frown]

Sis's biopsy hasn't happened yet, but in the meantime, something is definitely making her very sick. Please God she gets help.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all needs,especially remembering Kelly's sister and Bishops Finger.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Kelly's sister and BF.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A stupid little thing in the scheme of things, but I have a job interview in a couple of weeks and need to bring with me various certificates of my qualifications. You know what I'm going to say - I can't find them *anywhere*. I know they're in the house somewhere, but please God can I just find the sodding things so I can actually concentrate on important things (like figuring out what on earth they are looking for in their super-vague presentation title).

Thank you all.

Reading and praying through the thread [Votive]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is a long one...

WIll need a LOT of prayer suppor as I continue to heal..

I recently posted this on Reddit when asked to explain how i processed 2nd wave radfem rhetoric...

The experience is my own.

I was one of the first ever people to receive an Asperger diagnosis in 1987, personally diagnosed by Lorna Wing in 1987, 2 years after she translated Hans Asperger's papers. Consequently I was very literal in my interpretation of inbound signals.

This also led to me running a minus-5-year Delta in sociosezual development.

I experienced low level Sexual abuse by predatory girls at age 13, sociosexual dev was approx 8. They silenced me by threatening to cry rape if I talked. I was also victim blamed by my female militant Feminist tutor-group tutor. I also had the deafeningly loud message from Dworkin feminists from news reports concurrent in 1984. Namely that somehow I was a "rapist" because I had a penis or something. (The tutor-group is your base class in the British secondary school system of the time. American equiv would be homeroom).

I started suicidally eating.

Scott Aaronson's experience is also relevant, as I heard the same toxic mix of conservative American Christian messages and the deafening slander by Team Dworkin. As a Brit, this was very confusing, as the UK is apparently "gender egalitarian", according to voices i hear from the government... or something.

Michael Kimmell, being downstream of Dworkin/Mackinnon, is also toxic to autistic men. I also went onto internalise the the Eunuch/Rapist dichotomy described in Thing of Things . Also is Hugh Ristik's When you have Feminist guilt you don't need Catholic guilt . I'm Baptist.

Mary Koss's action in creating the made to penetrate category in 1984 erased me, until 2004, when I was told by a counsellor that my abuse was not my fault. Kimmell woudl have me view my rape (by Feminism's own rules) as my fault because I was guilty of the crime of penis possession or something.

Somehow Kimmell would hold me guilty for my own abuse as "men cannot be raped, it's unwanted contact" according to Koss and somehow I was too "privileged" to be raped or something. I was brought off against my will.

Somehow Steinem Feminist rhetoric makes me a subhuman rapemonster worthy of death or something... Why?

Kidscape and Erin Pizzey report how the loud militant TERFy faction in Feminism sent death threats re the acknowledgement of male victims of dv and rape. Warren Farrell and Karen DeCrow were working towards reworking consent in the 1970s. Greer et al stood in the way of this. Greer goes further. She is on record as saying that as a victim of female perp rape, I should be incarcerated as a threat. FOR WHAT?!

Add how I used my own experience to describe how a predatory woman could use Valenti/Friedman Yes Means Yes rules to frame a man for his own rape at her hands. This comment in Valenti's ymy Guardian piece was upvoted 50 times in 90 minutes.. Then frantically deleted and I was put on premod.
Is someone trying to hide something?
And my main reaction to the activist side was also led by...

I don't know where i fit - or IF I fit...

Maybe this is not permitted ofr me to post - I don't know.

I don't know.
I don't know..

Lord - I want off this planet.

[ 10. April 2016, 13:40: Message edited by: Alex Cockell ]

Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Alex [Votive]

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Bishops Finger.

Thanks, ArachnidinElmet.

For healing for Sister Alves.

For Jack the Lass’ certificates to reveal themselves. Also, sorry if this is a statement of the bleedin’ obvious, but I would suggest contacting each issuing institution now and requesting them to issue new copies posthaste.

For (((((Alex Cockell))))) If you will accept a hug from a self-identified radfem, ***I BELIEVE YOU***

For the Telemum.

I have been spending money like a drunken sailor lately. Oops. The Finance Monster is gnawing my leg.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all here [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks Telepath. Tell you what, something you folks could do is join with the Egalitarian Feminists (new GRP) and apply a clue by four to Koss? Ellen Pence already said "oops I fucked up" re cognitive bias, and Susan Brownmiller has admitted to Erin Pizzey that she may have got some things wrong and scapegoated a load of guys...

Thanks for the support folks.

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Cockell:
you folks could do is join with the Egalitarian Feminists (new GRP) and apply a clue by four

We can offer prayer.

We do not condone people from here going to other sites to"apply a clue" . No board wars.

Alan
Ship of Fools Admin

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

No board war intended. Maybe pray for all the damage over 40 years caused by the TERFs to be sorted?

Hasn't been fun being the exception...

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Alex Cockell, I do not understand your posts save that you are in urgent need of prayer support - we send those to you.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

Thanks folks.
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Alex [Votive]

I am involved with three groups which could be described as feminist, but we all have fathers, husbands / partners, sons, nephews, grandsons, male friends, colleagues. Only a tiny, tiny minority of feminists are anti-men.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Alex

Of your charity, please also pray for the soul of J., found dead at his home earlier today.

Thanks, too, for prayers for me.

I.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

For J [Votive] Eternal Rest.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all here [Votive] [Votive]
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

Praying for continued healing for all who post here, for God's healing work in my life, for these treasures and burdens I have put at the foot of the cross.

Praying for hope, for love and consolation, for [Votive] C [Votive] and for me, for the line of contact we have, and for this treasure and this burden I have put at the foot of the cross, a treasure of longing and a burden of loneliness.

Praying also for Ma and Pa Mad Cat [Votive]

Amen.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Landlubber
Shipmate
# 11055

- Posted      Profile for Landlubber   Email Landlubber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your mercy - hear our prayer.

--------------------
They that go down to the sea in ships … reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man

Posts: 383 | From: On dry land | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

And being the literal penguin I am - just going back... the "KILLALLMEN" from a Government minister had me in panic as I was terrified that I would be eventually forced to my knees, feel the muzzle of an SA80 rifle against the back of my skull - and my brains would be blown out by a female British Army soldier summarily for the crime of being born male.

I bricked it when De Menezes was shot as I went through Stockwell daily when I lived in Balham...

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayer much appreciated for W. A lovely guy, he moved here from Scotland to marry my ex's cousin. Second marriage as his first wife died. New family, now young adults.

He is now in palliative care after treatment for recurrence of brain tumour did not work..

May these days be peaceful fo him and A and their daughters and for his adult children from first marriage.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Lothlorien [Votive] [Votive]

[ 12. April 2016, 09:42: Message edited by: Doone ]

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Fishing out the Quaker Hat from the cupboard and dusting it off]

Alex - I am happy, as I'm sure most of the Prayer Thread regulars will be, to support you prayerfully but this thread is not a discussion thread so please do not treat it as such.

Thanks - WW - AS Host

[Returning the Quaker Hat to the dusty cupboard and making a mental note to clear it out and dust it one day]

[ 12. April 2016, 10:43: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] May God unite us in prayer.

Have had a bad couple of days-- got out of town on Saturday, and the distance from the usual crap at home seemed to unleash something in me-- a memory about me and my sister set off a crying jag that lasted most of the day. Sunday wasn't much better.

I've mentioned on another thread the anger and retaliation I get from my mom when she catches me being visibly sad in front of her, and if you're wondering if the seriousness of the situation has softened her at all-- that would be a "no." My job is to provide attention, validation, and accomodation to everyone else, and God help me if I can't provide it.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Kelly Alves [Votive]
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
Alex [Votive]

I am involved with three groups which could be described as feminist, but we all have fathers, husbands / partners, sons, nephews, grandsons, male friends, colleagues. Only a tiny, tiny minority of feminists are anti-men.

They also happen to be the loudest. And the ones that get presented on the mainstream news media as The Feminist Voice cos everyone else in the camp don't shout them down publicly...

You can see how I was confused...

Kelly - heard, understood, acknowleged...

[ 12. April 2016, 11:24: Message edited by: Alex Cockell ]

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Alex,

You've described yourself as a "literal penguin", so I'm going to make this simple.

Do not use this thread to discuss feminism. No comments about the proportion of feminists are "anti-men", how loud their voice seems to you, or anything else.

I'll also repeat what you have been told before. These are public discussion boards, and as such they are a highly inappropriate place to discuss what are clearly very personal and painful issues. You have previously stated that you are seeking help elsewhere, that will be far better for you than any discussion on the Ship of Fools. I'm sure everyone here will join me in praying that this is helping you.

Alan
Ship of Fools Admin

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Alex, Kelly, Lothlorien's W., BF and the soul of J.

Rest eternal grant unto him, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon him.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Slightly delayed due to the time it's taken me to process this, but then what is time to God...

Can I ask prayers for the soul of Ted Harris, who died of injuries sustained in a car crash last week. I didn't know him at all, but my wife and I were among the first on the scene (having coincidentally been driving the other way on the road at the time) and provided emergency first aid until the paramedics arrived. Really sad - though not 100% surprised given his injuries - that he didn't make it [Frown] [Tear] [Votive]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

[Votive]
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Alex, Kelly, the soul of Ted Harris and Marvin & Mrs Martian.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

[Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers ascending [Votive]

Praying for my peeps, for love, consolation, hope, healing and patience, for [Votive] C [Votive] and for Ma and Pa Mad Cat.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Marvin and Mrs. Martian and the soul of Mr. Harris. May he rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have just received messages from two friends who know the power of Shipmates prayers.

Would you please keep baby Ella in your prayers. She is (IIRC) four months old and has liver failure. She is being rushed to Miami for a procedure which will hopefully keep her alive.

Also, Kim, the new daughter-in-law of another friend, is in the hospital with heart failure. She has had heart problems for most of her life, and only recently felt well enough to marry.

Thank you all for your vital ministry.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  64  65  66 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016