homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2016 (Page 29)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  64  65  66 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2016
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(copied from Aging Parents thread)

Please renew your prayers/kind thoughts for the Dowager. I have just heard that her dear neighbour of almost 50 years, godmother to my son, mainstay of my mother's life at her own house and somewhere between me and my mother in age (late 70's, perhaps?) collapsed and died of a massive stroke and brain haemorrhage last night [Votive]

Auntie Ruth - may she rest in peace and rise in glory [Angel]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Baby L is still hanging on, but has MRSA.

P, the husband of a colleague, has cancer, is being operated on today, but the prognosis is very poor.

Praying and weeping for all.

[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The wife of a former co-worker has stage four cancer. Please remember D in your prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all, especially for healing [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Prayers for my health to improve soon would be appreciated

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially all battling illnesses of one sort or another, and for the soul of Mrs. S's Auntie Ruth.

Rest eternal grant unto her, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and I am going to the hospital today. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Best wishes daisymay, I hope they can tackle the pain problem.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for healing [Votive]
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all.
[Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We have just over a week left until we leave Tunisia to return to the UK after 9 years living here.
Before we leave we have to finish packing, get everyone to come and collect our furniture that they are buying, get rid of everything else left over in our house that no-one wants, get paperwork from the police that will be needed in the UK for DBS checks, finalise permission to export our car (important as we are traveling by ferry and road through Europe!), support our daughter through her French school Brevet exams, rehome our cat (please let the people who are thinking of taking her say yes) and say goodbye to people and the life we have been part of for so long.

Transitions indeed...a new phase of life beckons but with many unknowns as yet.
Prayer appreciated.

[ 11. June 2016, 15:30: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Lucia [Votive]
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and the hospital helped me and insisted on my woman so I went home to help me. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Daisymay for healing and Lucia for a safe and uneventful re-location.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For F and P, deacons in our diocese, as well as their daughter G and granddaughter M -- who lost their (uninsured) home, their possessions, and their cats in a devastating fire this week.
[Votive]

For J, who is dying after many years of illness, and for N, his wife, who has devoted so much of her life to caring for him.
[Votive]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've had so much help from so many different people. I've tried to change but I can't. It's too late now.
I'm so lonely.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Abigail) [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] for all in need
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying for all [Votive]

{Abigail}, you're not alone [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially {{{Abigail}}}.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Abigail, you matter, change or not.

May everyone know that they matter.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

Abigail, my starting point is that you are perfect as you are and you can grow from that point.

[Votive]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayer.

[Votive] for Abigail
[Votive] for all, whether requests spoken or unspoken

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(((Abigail)))
Dodgy wifi so my posts are not getting through all the time but prayers for travelling mercies for the Telemum greatly appreciated.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(((Abigail)))
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

[Votive] [Votive]
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

It is very wet now and I have to get the children from whee they pay at school ! [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A loved one who really suffers from depression and self meducates, is gettingTranscranial magnetic stimulation.

I don't know when, I just found out, and I don't hsve a lot of details. Please pray for this individual. Thank you.

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all ìn the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

[Votive]
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially the Telemum's travels and for Duchess's friend.

--------------------

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
For all who really need bucketfuls of hope right now....

ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers would be appreciated for my MiL. She has had a fall in her care home and broken her hip. As she is 92 the outlook isn't good.

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Elaine's mother-in-law; falls at her time of life can be nasty.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineC:
Prayers would be appreciated for my MiL. She has had a fall in her care home and broken her hip. As she is 92 the outlook isn't good.

Prayers ascending - 92 is obviously a dangerous age for mothers and MiLs [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My granddaughter who is fourteen has dislocated a knee for the third time in thirty months. She was playing soccer for PE at school.. One other time was also at school. She apparently has sloppy, strtchy ligaments. An appointment with orhopaedic clinic at Children's Hospital for further investigations. Each other time she has had a complicated brace for a couple of months.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Even mentioning this is probably TMI... but an alligator took a two-year-old boy at a Disney resort in Orlando, Tuesday night. Parents tried to rescue him, but couldn't. Major search is ongoing.

Thx.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  64  65  66 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016