homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2016 (Page 41)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  64  65  66 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2016
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I thought I had posted something on here last night, but was a bit stressed and actually hadn't [Hot and Hormonal]

My oldest brother G, who is 65 has Parkinson's and some dementia. He has become markedly worse in the last couple of months. I was going to a meeting about his future care on the 30th, but this has now become more urgent as he had an episode of putting himself in a dangerous situation on Wednesday night. This is not the first time, but it is more serious than it has been.

I would appreciate your prayers. Thanks.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Huia's G., for Huia and for family and friends

[Votive] for the needs and intentions of all who post here

Mother seemed much more well this morning when we saw her but oh, how frail she is now! I truly don't know how things will go from here... Ongoing prayer would be much appreciared.

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Huia, we are remembering you and your brother.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Huia's G, his family and friends. This can be hard.

Now my own plea: Middle Son's partner has been suffering from nausea and stomach pain, on and off for months. She hasn't been able to keep food down for a fortnight and has lost almost two stone which is not good when you are still breast-feeding. At last she has a diagnosis which is a relief but it is gallstones which is not trivial. They hope to operate in a couple of weeks when the inflammation has come down.

[Votive] P, partner S and baby B.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Huia, many prayers. I am working through this with a very dear friend and know how worrying it can be.

And prayers too for your family Sioni. Anot good.

[ 18. August 2016, 22:29: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Emendator Liturgia
Shipmate
# 17245

- Posted      Profile for Emendator Liturgia   Author's homepage   Email Emendator Liturgia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear friends, I seek the Prayers of the Faithful for The Anglican Communities of Our Lady and for myself: on 11th September at 2pm, in the Solemn Eucharist for our annual Feast of Title celebrations, I will be ordained by imposition of hands and invocation of the Holy Spirit into the Sacred Order of Priesthood.

The chief celebrant will be a very humble and personable bishop with a truly wicked sense of humour: +Peter Johnson. He will be assisted by clergy from our Communities, as well as those of the Ecumenical Franciscan Order, and others.

I am absolutely delighted that family and friends will be travelling both interstate and intrastate for this celebration.

Please pray for Bishop Peter, for the assisting clergy, for the choir and organist, for my family and for myself in the days ahead.

Any Ship member in Sydney who would like to be at the celebration. The address is Old St Pauls Church, 221 Old Northern Road, Castle Hill.

--------------------
Don't judge all Anglicans in Sydney by prevailing Diocesan standards!

Posts: 401 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Emendator Liturgia
[Votive] for all above

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Emendator for that day and the days ahead as you work out your calling in practice.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

[Votive]
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Emli, remembering you and your communities for the Feast of Title - a hard one this year.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Emli [Votive] for your Priesting and vocation.

Our sister-in-law, L ( wife of my youngest brother) has Enduring Power of Attorney and has managed to get some funding for G to have a week's respite care in the unit that has 24/7 staffing.

He doesn't know about this yet, she is going in to tell him tomorrow morning. We don't know how he will respond, despite him being eager to go there earlier.

I am trying not to worry about this, but not being very successful.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Huia

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Dennis the Menace
Shipmate
# 11833

- Posted      Profile for Dennis the Menace   Email Dennis the Menace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A prayer of thanks that the perpetrators of our home burglary last month have been caught and hopefully will get more than a slap on the wrist. They had done several in our area and the police hold little hope of getting anything back.

--------------------
"Till we cast our crowns before Him; Lost in wonder, love, and praise."

Posts: 853 | From: Newcastle NSW Australia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for a very mixed-up young man I used to teach, who has now got into very serious trouble with the law, and no obvious way out. He needs help, but I'm not sure who will be able to give it to him, or whether he will be willing and able to accept it. [']

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

[Votive]
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for KAM, an on-line friend with sever, life-threatening health issues, and a very bad financial situation.

Prayers for all here.

[Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

[Votive]

--------------------

Clarence
Shipmate
# 9491

- Posted      Profile for Clarence   Email Clarence   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

[Votive] Lord have mercy
[Votive] Thee we adore
[Votive] Into thy hands

--------------------
I scraped my knees while I was praying - Paramore

Posts: 793 | From: Over the rainbow | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for Nicky, taken into hospital yesterday. [Votive]
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

KAM and Nicky [Votive] [Votive]
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers, please, for V -- a faithful member of my parish who had a stroke over the weekend.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

V [Votive]
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

[Votive] For KAM, Nicky, V

[Votive] for Family, and mother in particular

[Votive] For the church I attend

[Votive] For employment for those without, and thanks for my own job (which I actually enjoy!)

[Votive] For absent friends

[ 22. August 2016, 14:52: Message edited by: Bene Gesserit ]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Joining you in prayer and asking your prayers for my friend A, whose disciplinary case will get its first consideration in early October. It will have taken more than a year to get that far and the anxiety and stress are taking their toll.

[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

[Votive] for all the intentions here.

[Votive] for R., already sick, who has had a turn for the worse and has had to be taken to hospital.

[ 23. August 2016, 11:59: Message edited by: Tobias ]

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

A and R [Votive] [Votive]
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and I tell a lot to walk and it was nice, but I am sill pain !

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Daisymay [Votive]
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Great that you enjoyed the walk, daisymay, and sorry for the pain!

[Votive] daisymay

[Votive] for all, prayers spoken or unspoken

Re my own request of 15/08, I've now got accepted onto the training course! Hurray! Now, may the hearts of the potential sponsors I asked soften to my plea (it's being reimbursed by my job anyway, but only in a few months' time). - Thanks for your prayers!

[Votive] Glory be to the Father / and to the Son / and to the Holy Ghost / as it was in the beginning / is now / and ever shall be / world without end. / Amen.

[ 23. August 2016, 20:37: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

W J [Yipee] [Votive]
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

Great news, Wesley!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  64  65  66 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016