homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2016 (Page 52)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  64  65  66 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2016
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OMG, Lamb Chopped!! I will hold your son, you, and your family in the Light of God's Love, the God who knows you through and through.

And I will also pray for the people who had that unfounded and mean-spirited suggestion. Surely they need to have their stone hearts softened. [Mad] (Sorry about the mad face--feeling it now, but I'll pray without it.)

--------------------
"Hunger looks like the man that hunger is killing." Eduardo Galeano

Posts: 5887 | From: the US Heartland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today is the fiftieth anniversary of the Aberfan disaster leaving 144 dead, mostly children.

[Votive]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the Aberfan survivors, families, friends, everyone touched by that catastrophe.

[Frown] [Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks, everybody. I went to bed and slept and it'll be all right, though I'm still pissed at them. But yeah, it does say something about them--most or all come from backgrounds where slapping or hitting in the family is, well, normal.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and I sleep in my one to show not pain ! And now I have pain !

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially LC and family, the survivors and souls of Aberfan and Daisymay for relief from pain.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm brooding over some criticism of my work. Please could you pray for me to conquer the sin of pride.

And for forgiveness for all our sins, and those of the whole world.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just to let you know N is well having been thoroughly checked by the hospital.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My friend Bes is in the hospital with a bowel obstruction. Please pray for healing.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially those in pain and in need of healing.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

For all who suffer in mind, body and spirit and for those who care for and about them.

[Votive]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

venbede
Shipmate
# 16669

- Posted      Profile for venbede   Email venbede   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm sorry to say I've glanced in here from time to time and glanced out with "compassion fatigue".

From now on I hope to take my ipad when I say the morning office and look in here as part of the intercessions and remember the latest names.

--------------------
Man was made for joy and woe;
And when this we rightly know,
Thro' the world we safely go.

Posts: 3201 | From: An historic market town nestling in the folds of Surrey's rolling North Downs, | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bes [Votive]
Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't visit here very often these days but please, if you can, pray for my cousin who is dying of mesothelioma. She is in great distress and her only son and daughter in law are often at cross purposes with her, and she and they needle each other when they visit. I'm 100 miles away and look after my grandchildren every day so can only phone and write. Her parish is in an interregnum and seems to be falling apart. I'm praying for an easy death and peace at the last.

--------------------
Edith

Posts: 256 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, Edith, end of life issues can be so difficult. I can feel your frustration and concern. I will be holding everyone in God's healing and comforting Light.

sabine

Posts: 5887 | From: the US Heartland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
B, for whom I have requested prayer upthread, died last night [Votive] Of your charity please pray for M, his wife, and their three children, all of whom were devoted to him.

May he rest in peace and rise in glory.

Master S is supposed to be marrying B's older daughter a week on Saturday - heaven knows what will happen in that situation. Please pray for a resolution which everyone can be comfortable with.

Thank you [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Landlubber
Shipmate
# 11055

- Posted      Profile for Landlubber   Email Landlubber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all but tonight especially for Edith's cousin and the whole S family and in-laws to be. [Votive]

--------------------
They that go down to the sea in ships … reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man

Posts: 383 | From: On dry land | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Oh Mrs. S., I'm so sorry. [Frown]

[Votive] for his soul, and for his family and yours.

May he rest in peace and rise in glory. [Votive]

Prayers continuing to ascend for all on here, especially Edith's cousin and her family.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

Perhaps the wedding and reception could also be a celebration of his life.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Lord, comfort the dying and the recently bereaved and all who mourn

[Votive]

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you all for your prayers and kind thoughts.

Taking up more than my fair share of prayer time here, but... Master S and the Lovely Girlfriend have decided to go ahead with the wedding, even though she is still distraught at her father B's death.

Please pray for strength for the whole family, and that the wedding can be a celebration of all that B stood for and achieved in his life.
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Reading and praying
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all [Votive]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Despite having only clocked up about 400 posts in the last 15 years, I love Ship of Fools. I particularly love the prayer thread. and i try to pray for the people who post here. Though prayer has become increasingly impossible recently.

Please pray for me. I've been trying to write this for the last few days and I don't know what to say. I can't explain what's wrong, partly because it's complicated, partly because it doesn't make sense, partly because if I explained it would identify me to anyone reading this who knows me in real life (as far as I know, there isn't anyone but I don't want to take the risk)

Something has happened and I feel absolutely devastated. Please pray for me if you can. God, if he exists - and I don't really know any more, will know what you're praying for.
Just want to curl up in a corner and [Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(((Abigail))) [Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(((Abigail)))
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Abigail [Votive]
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Abigail [Votive]

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Whatever it is, Abigail, be assured of lots of prayers from people on here. While the Almighty has been a bit selective in His response to my prayers recently*, I'm sure He's listening, and even if you think your faith isn't very strong, He'll still know it's there.

[Votive] for you and for all others in need, especially Mrs. S. and family - FWIW I think you're doing absolutely the right thing about the wedding. It may not be easy, but I'd like to think that B. will be keeping an eye on things from Heaven.

If this post sounds too cheesy for words, then my apologies - I wasn't sure how else to put it.

* One request spectacularly answered, another still in His in-box ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Abigail, it is fine to just put a request in such general terms. I would think many of us have been in a similar place over the years, and certainly post numbers have nothing to do with it.

I really identified with your signature line about getting older and decreasing in knowledge. Not the right thread here for me to go into it more, but I often feel that way too.

I'm not a great deal in favour of sending hugs, but you sound as if you could use some or whatever may help you.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

I don't think God minds so much about people's doubts - doubts are, as I see it, an essential part of faith...

...and I certainly agree with the signature line.

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all who post and those who need our prayers but cannot post.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Prayers for Abigail and Mrs S and family and for the soul of B.

And for all our loved ones who have died and gone to their rest.

[Votive]

--------------------

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Lord, have mercy.

--------------------
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Lia
Shipmate
# 7396

- Posted      Profile for Lia   Email Lia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all, especially Abigail [Votive]

Feeling really heart broken by life at the moment - it feels like I keep making the wrong choices. My new job is an overwhelming nightmare still, the relationship with the supposed love of my life is ending, I have ben failing to buy a place of my own for longer than I care to remember and am exhausted / depressed again.

So bored of myself right now - some energy to carry on would be good. Sorry about the whinging but please pray if you can.

Posts: 127 | From: Cherry Tree Lane | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Lia [Votive]
iamchristianhearmeroar
Shipmate
# 15483

- Posted      Profile for iamchristianhearmeroar   Author's homepage   Email iamchristianhearmeroar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Aberfan, and for all who have asked for prayer. [Votive]

--------------------
My blog: http://alastairnewman.wordpress.com/

Posts: 642 | From: London, UK | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  64  65  66 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016