homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2016 (Page 64)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2016
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

...and may JtL shine with brilliance today.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just sent an email I felt I needed to send, but I am very nervous about how it will be received and responded to. Please pray that the outcome will be positive for all concerned.

Prayers for all here. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. May Nicolemr's email be read in an open and receptive spirit. [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Jack's interview to go well, and for Nicolemr's email to be read well.
And I am about to offer to miss my family Christmas in order to host my friend and his mother, who is a very difficult woman who hates me, so they have a day in a nicer place than she has made their home. I will need a tremendous amount of support to do this. I have seen her prove that Carabosse and Eris were phenomena that the people who heard those stories knew about. At the very least I shall have to spend the day with TV that I wouldn't choose to watch (because I am a Guardian reader and think I'm too good to watch the soaps like everyone else).
The whole idea was originally terrifying, but I am coming to feel that it is what I am supposed to do.

[ 20. December 2016, 08:11: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Berlin. [Votive]

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying for all posting here [Votive]

And for all affected by the events in Berlin. Please, no more [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For JtL
[Votive] For Penny S
[Votive] For Berlin

[Votive] For us all

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A young teenager whom I know of, has a very rare and aggressive form of cancer. Tumours in bones,heart and five in brain. The chemo is doing nothing to help because of aggression of the cancer. He is now on immunotherapy only, has had ports removed. He looks well, goes swimming etc but this is bad news.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.

--------------------

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please could I ask for prayers as I am having really painful muscle spasms in my back today. Thank you.
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ow, and [Votive]
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doone:
Please could I ask for prayers as I am having really painful muscle spasms in my back today. Thank you.

Ouch!!! [Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you to all who prayed for my job interview. I was very calm, felt well prepared and felt I came across well, which was great for my confidence (as it was a big difference from my previous couple of interviews!). As it happens, I didn't get the job, but I did get some very constructive feedback (again, unlike the last two), my current boss said nice things about them missing a trick not appointing me, and I'm not too disappointed. Am probably going back to Plan A (which, as it involves freelancing, will probably require prayers next year!!).

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
JtL, sorry to hear you didn't get it. Hope the free-lancing works out well for you for next year.

[Votive] for all in need, especially Doone and Lothlorien's friend.

Of your charity, please pray for the soul of J., a friend of ours who died today after a long illness and a short spell in palliative care; for his wife E. and son S. and his family.

Rest eternal grant unto him, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon him.

There's never a good time to lose one's father, but when one is a church organist (as S. is), four days before Christmas is about as bad as it gets.

[ 21. December 2016, 23:42: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

Doone, this morning I picked up a full basket of wet laundry from floor level so know a bit about back pain but thankfully it is not spasmodic - I hope you feel better soon.

[Votive]

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

That the cat in the box which is my friend's mother's decision about coming to me on Christmas Day collapses its wave function one way or the other soon. My sister needs to know if I am going over to her on Saturday or not. I need to know if I need to buy any more stuff - I've already got a teeny tiny turkey and veggies I might not need, because the shops are collapsing their supplies at an accelerated rate.
She has said no, but she has form for changing her mind at the last minute, and in this case may not realise the last minute is not Christmas morning. Nor late Christmas Eve. Nor early Christmas Eve. My friend has read signs that she may be going to do this.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

[Votive] for everyone else.
And my prayer has been answered in good time for me to notify my sister, and to make sure I have everything I need - though not the pudding, since my guests have happily suggested that they will bring that.

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

[Votive] For all

Yay for answered prayer!

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

And it's better than just Christmas Day, because it looks as though a corner has been turned allowing things to improve for them at home since I issued the invitation - which you may recall I was reluctant about. Whether the two are connected I can't say, but it looks as though God's attention has been drawn to them in a positive way.

Meanwhile, Aleppo, Mosul, and the families of Berlin whose Christmases will never be the same again. [Votive]

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

[Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Praying for all [Votive]
Thank you all for prayer for my back - the doctor is arranging an X-ray and possible MRI scan and given me lots of drugs [Snigger] that have kicked in wonderfully.

Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for Princess Leia [Votive]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For all suffering in any way--especially those having a hard time during the holiday season.

For a friend who is a miracle in many lives, and could use some shoring up and healing.

For me: dealing with health flare-ups, holiday lonelies, etc.

Thx.

quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:

Yup. Latest I heard is that Carrie Fisher, who became very ill on a plane (possibly a heart attack), is in an LA hospital, and stable.

May the Force be with her. (And all the company of Heaven.)

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Waterworks]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know no one who has had a good 2016. May God bless us, all, with a happy and healthy 2017.

[Votive]

Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

The brother of an acquaintance of mine has been in a serious accident - he was hit by a train, and is in a critical condition in hospital. His sister, the girl I know, saw the accident.

[Votive] for everyone involved: R., and his sister and family; the train driver, witnesses, medical people.

Lord, have mercy.

--------------------

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Christmas is always a difficult time for me. Some are better than others. This year feels particularly bad. It's not just about Christmas particularly but Christmas makes it feel worse. I can't get rid of the feelings of panic and hopelessness that well up when I think of the future.

All the (few) people in my life I could trust and/or talk to are no longer around. I've never had a real friend. Church isn't working. God has gone away. I'm getting older. I'm frightened of dying.

In the hope of becoming more involved in my church again I've agreed to do something I don't really want to do and don't think I'm capable of. And if I say I'm not going to do it I'm going to let everyone down as well as cut myself off even more.

Other Christmases when I've felt bad it's been a matter of getting through it and waiting to feel better but this year so much has changed I can't see any hope of ever feeling better.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Abigail.

Can you ask someone at church to help with the thing you're not sure you can manage?

[Votive] for all

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(((Abigail)))
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

[Votive] Abigail [Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

Im going to the St Johns church today as they have 2 lots.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

R and Abigail and all who need help [Votive]
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We won't get the outcome of the case I was in court with this week until January. This is ok because nobody wanted the outcome to be given the day before Christmas Eve.

To give some context - I'm a children's social worker. When I go to court, it's almost always to say that I think a child or children would suffer massive harm should they remain with their birth parents. We then ask the court for what we think is the least worst option - in the UK, the typical least worst options are a child living with an extended family member or foster care or adoption. Even when I think foster care or adoption is the least worst option for the child or children (as in this case), I know that that will still involve enormous, devastating amounts of loss and pain to the child or children concerned. Hence, my request for prayers that God's will be done and that all involved can come to some level of peace and healing whatever the outcome is.

Thank you.

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016