homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2016 (Page 65)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  62  63  64  65  66 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2016
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] A special prayer for everyone who will be alone at Christmas, or separated from their family and those who simply don't have a family. That includes many who were adopted and a lot of ex-armed forces veterans, who often joined because they had no family or only a dysfunctional one.

[Votive] Abigail. [Votive] Zoey and those involved in her cases.

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
((Abigail)) [Votive]

For all those affected by the train accident

For those who find this time of year hard [Votive]

For all those psting and those for whom they post [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For God's blessings on all of us for Christmas - for happiness and joy, for comfort, for courage, for peace of mind, for patience, for strength and endurance - whatever is needed for it to be a good Christmas. [Votive]

'God bless us, every one!'

--------------------
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tor Tobias' friend and her brother,
for Zoey's clients' case,
for Abigail and her task.

And for the old lady I met on my way back from buying back my Missa Luba record from Oxfam who insisted on telling me how miserable and lonely she was. It turned out she had been brought over from her flat in Surrey to have Christmas with her brother, who had gone to fetch his MiL, so practical help wasn't needed. (I had almost started calculating food and chairs.) She helps in a Cancer charity shop, and has various activities through normal weeks, but can't make friends. She said 'I'm a moaner' - she was, and may be pushing people away by topping their depression stories. She doesn't read or listen to audiobooks (I recommended 'William', 'Jennings' and Wodehouse) and seemed determined to be miserable. She said she had always been waited on by her mother, and couldn't cook, so there may be more to her story than just being miserable.
So, for her brother, as well.

[ 24. December 2016, 12:29: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
{{{Abigail}}}

[Votive] for all in need, especially Tobias' R. and all involved in the train accident, and for all who are alone, unhappy or disillusioned at Christmas time.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading through and praying [Votive]

{Abigail} [Votive]

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the loving, living Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Desperately need prayers. Mother of friend kept him up all night, and cannot be ready to come over. He is furiously angry, and angry with me as well.
I have a turkey cooking. And a trifle.

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for desperate prayers
[Votive] for smooth travels
[Votive] for concord between families and friends
[Votive] for all posting and those they post for
[Votive] for peace and security

--------------------

Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding all here - especially Abigail [Votive] and Penny S [Votive] in God's love

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Another answered one. Everyone here, mother asleep in front of old numbers of Coronation Street, on and off. Friend sitting working on laptop. Turkey achieved correct temperature, now resting. I went over, anyway.
But continued support for the continuing situation is needed.

Thanks,
And prayers for everyone else here.

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mom will be here in about 4 hours, without Dad, who rests in an urn in her closet. First Christmas without him. It's going to be hard for all of us, especially me and Mom. I so appreciate your prayers. God bless you.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

I remember that. Praying for you. [Votive]
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Penny S and mousethief [Votive]

Praying for all those for whom no one else will pray today. [Votive]

[ 25. December 2016, 18:29: Message edited by: ArachnidinElmet ]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for your prayers. They are much appreciated.

I can't ever remember feeling as bad as this. I don't understand why this is happening. It will get better. It must do.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Abigail, have you discussed things with a doctor? There may be help out there.
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all [Votive]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
{{{Abigail, Mousethief and Penny S.}}}

and prayers continuing to ascend for all on here.
[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through -- especially for mousethief and Abigail.

For my online friend R who lost his daughter to suicide on Christmas Eve [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Lord, have mercy.

--------------------

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers and love [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all, and in particular for Mousethief and his Mom, for Abigail and for MaryLouise's friend R, R's family and for the soul of his daughter. Such needs, Lord!

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

[Votive]

--------------------

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Polly Plummer:
[Votive] Abigail.

Can you ask someone at church to help with the thing you're not sure you can manage?

Thank you, but no I don't think so. I think I'm just going to have to say I can't do it. I've got another week before I have to make a decision.

--------------------

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
Abigail, have you discussed things with a doctor? There may be help out there.

I have seen a doctor in the past and I have been precribed anti-depressants which heled a lot. I don't really want to go down that route again but I might have to if I feel it's the only way.

Having said that, after a dreadful Christmas Day, I've been feeling better today. A long walk helped (and with no return of my lower back pain!!) As did a chance meeting with someone who used to go to my church but hasn't been for a long time because she didn't like a lot of the things I don't like there. I probably shouldn't be pleased about that but it made me feel less alone.

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

That sounds like the sort of thing that seems to get arranged for my friend when he isn't feeling good. He'll go out and find that he bumps into some who needs his help, or something that shifts his mood.
I rather like it when that sort of thing happens.

Last time I got depressed, I ended up talking to someone for three sessions, which turned out to be enough to shift things. (Father died, sister rowed, nasty neighbour was nasty.)No pills that time.

And I had to pull out of being Treasurer to our Meeting. I'd taken it on because they were really short of people, and I thought it wouldn't be too hard. Until I couldn't find a difference in the system - worked at it for ages, and then had to resign. It was accepted graciously, and the person who took over found the problem. Would your church take that attitude?

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Prayers needed urgently for friend whose mother seems to have taken against him trying to help her and may have kicked him out. (He is over 60.)
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

No she hasn't - and has turned the story round. Pray for me not to get into panic mode so easily, as well as for them to ... whatever God has in mind for them as a good resolution. Soon.

I found myself watching 'Prince Caspian' last night and wondered just what Aslan was up to allowing first the White Witch and then the Telmarines to treat the Narnians so badly for ages before sending in the Pevensies.

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

[Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

Praying through [Votive]

Requesting prayers again for R and his family, devastated by a family suicide.

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
couchbeings
Apprentice
# 2714

- Posted      Profile for couchbeings     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
praying through [Votive]
Posts: 2 | From: london | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May all who are suffering this holiday season find comfort and blessings in the midst of it all.

sabine

--------------------
"Hunger looks like the man that hunger is killing." Eduardo Galeano

Posts: 5887 | From: the US Heartland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

[Votive] Amen

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

[Votive]

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who post here, and all who cannot bring themselves to. God hears you all [Votive]

[ 28. December 2016, 07:15: Message edited by: The Intrepid Mrs S ]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  62  63  64  65  66 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016