homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Yes, yes, let's talk about the weather! The British thread 2016 (Page 13)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Yes, yes, let's talk about the weather! The British thread 2016
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by MrsBeaky:
...Any heads up on things to be aware of back in the south of England?

The Government, the weather, the cost of living - apart from that you should be fine!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Every autumn we run a Family Fun Concert in church, to raise funds for our two charities in Africa, and they always end with a Finale (how else?) in which all the performers join.

The concerts all have a theme - 'Are you 'Aving a Giraffe?' or 'The Jumbo FUN Concert' and last year's was 'A Whale of a Time' so of course our Finale was 'Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer' as I don't know any suitable songs about whales. [Killing me]

It was FABULOUS, even though I'd have preferred 'Jehovah'; I'd never heard singing in our church sound so good! [Overused]

This year's theme is 'Monkey Business'! [Eek!]

Mrs. S, planning for October already!

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

- Posted      Profile for Chocoholic     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Any heads up on things to be aware of back in the south of England?

The traffic has got worse but petrol is cheaper.
Posts: 773 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Don't engage with any news outlets unless you want to be bored rigid by people Stating Their Views Which Are Definitely True And Telling You That The Other People Are Wrong about the referendum.

Hampshire is still beautiful [Smile]

Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Government, weather, cost of living, traffic, fuel prices and referendum.....
All of the above (election rather than referendum) are issues here so maybe adapting will be easier than I thought?!
It will be nice to be able to cast my vote again as we haven't been able to vote for 4 years due to admin issues.

All feels a bit odd really but I'm so looking forward to seeing the bluebells in bloom again

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Re: the singing of Cwm Rhondda - the word you want is hwyl.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chocoholic:
quote:

The traffic has got worse but petrol is cheaper.
Cause and effect. The time when petrol was over £1.50 a go and rising, you could see the visible effects: a lot less traffic about.

The weather seems to have got more extreme but food seems to be a bit cheaper.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
...All feels a bit odd really but I'm so looking forward to seeing the bluebells in bloom again

I often try to time my visits to enjoy that very thing!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
...but tomatoes are a fruit!

Exactly - see new sig. [Big Grin]

We appear to have gale-force fog here today - I was nearly blown away (no mean feat!) when I left the house, and the view from the window outside my office has all but disappeared.

eta: Just a thought, Mrs. Beaky - if you've been living outside the UK for a while, will you have to re-register to be able to vote? Might be worth checking on one of the Government web-sites.

[ 03. March 2016, 14:06: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
re Africa to UK. I think one thing that the natives haven't mentioned is culture shock. After spending a winter in India, it is always a shock to return to Canada - although I have lived here all my life. Canada-India doesn't seem as much a shock.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Intrepid Mrs S - are you familiar with Jonah Man Jazz? My sister was in a school production, and sang the songs endlessly until I knew them all too, especially singing "When Jonah sank into the sea he closed his eyes and prayed...." as fast as we possibly could!

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You're right piglet we'll need to check we're on the electoral roll
And yes Uncle Pete, I know lots of people who have found reverse culture shock much harder than going to the new place (which we seemed to handle reasonably well apart from a couple of hairy moments)
Hey ho, could be a fun ride ahead!

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eigon:
The Intrepid Mrs S - are you familiar with Jonah Man Jazz? My sister was in a school production, and sang the songs endlessly until I knew them all too, especially singing "When Jonah sank into the sea he closed his eyes and prayed...." as fast as we possibly could!

"Nineveh city was a city of sin/the jazzin and the jiving made a terrible din..."
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Ferijen: "Nineveh city was a city of sin/the jazzin and the jiving made a terrible din..."
Sounds like a cool place! [Cool]

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

MrsBeaky - what really does get to me and disturb me every time I arrive in UK is how fast everybody travels - picked up one Friday night from Heathrow by a friend who had been on a course locally and the journey up to Liverpool was a nightmare!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Something very trivial that I notice whenever I'm home is how small the car-park spaces seem in comparison to Canadian ones - it makes me wonder how I ever manoeuvred my old Volvo into one. [Big Grin]

Oh, and the cars seem much smaller too, but cars over here are generally bigger* than European ones; when we bought our old car (a Hyundai Elantra) the bloke in the showroom described it as a "compact sedan (saloon)". That's not compact, we said, it's huge ... [Eek!]

Even the present Pigletmobile seems considerably bigger than the Nissan Micras we had when we lived in Belfast.

* and people over here seem to be very fond of pick-up trucks, which tend to be bloody enormous.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

We did Swingin' Samson - anyone remember that one?

"Snip snip went the scissors, he's the baldest man in town!"

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Well, our puppet team did the story of Jonah and the Whale at the beginning of the concert, I think that might have been to Jonah Man Jazz! We had a brilliant whale, and a separate whale mouth to swallow up the Jonah puppet, so that went down well.

I'm not sure the Entire Company could have sung it, without rehearsal, though! [Killing me]

(Thanks l'organist, that is indeed the word!)

Mrs. S, quoting Snoopy - 'Just because I can't sing, doesn't mean I won't sing! [Killing me]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gill H:
quote:

We did Swingin' Samson - anyone remember that one?

"Snip snip went the scissors, he's the baldest man in town!"

I've sung the part of God in Captain Noah and his Floating Zoo a couple of times.

"For forty days and nights of rain, I'm gonna wash those sinners down the drain"

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Originally posted by Spike:

quote:
I've sung the part of God in Captain Noah and his Floating Zoo a couple of times.
That reminds me of the Family Prom in, I think, 1990. They did Britten's Noyes Fludde (always a great show). I was painting the living room ceiling while listening on the radio. When the solemn BBC announcer said "And that applause was for Cleo Laine as she takes up her position as God" I laughed so hard I nearly fell off the ladder: paint tray, roller and all.

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is there a particular reason why Britain always has nice weather when I need to work, and foggy sleet when I'm free?

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

If you can cast your mind back a month or so, to when we were discussing Scrabble Blast™ - I have just scored 1493 with only one score below 40 [28 to dispose of a really annoying bomb!] so I'm pretty pleased with myself.

[Cool]

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

LOL, I'm now finally able to listen to Jonah Man Jazz.

He was sitting under a pineapple tree?? Do these people have any idea how pineapples grow?
[Killing me]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If you want double-entendre lyrics (but vastly better music) then I recommend The Daniel Jazz.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I've been party to several of those productions; I've played the flute in the band for Jonah Man Jazz (and may have sung in it at some point too), and the recorder in Noye's Fludde when I was at school.

Just after D. and I started going out together, he did a production of Noye's Fludde in St. Magnus Cathedral and I got roped in to sub-conduct the animals - they were processing in through the west door and he was conducting under the crossing, so I was conveying the beat.

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
L'organist: If you want double-entendre lyrics (but vastly better music) then I recommend The Daniel Jazz.
Oh my, I suddenly feel I should have a cold shower. Can I have something of whatever the lyricist was smoking?

And I'd better not start talking about the theological content of these songs here, lest I give WW another headache [Smile]

--------------------

Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

I feel I should, in honour of the thread title, Talk About The Weather.

Today we have had glorious sunshine, blue sky, spring warmth. I accidentally didn't bring a coat to work. I'm currently looking at sleet which is making the tops of cars go ever so slightly white. We've seen hail, rain, and everything in between.

What a perfectly *British* day...

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We had thick, thick snow!

⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We had hail. As someone remarked, it was slow hail. It dropped in a leisurely fashion and bounced off the cars in a languid sort of way before eventually turning back to rain. It's been bitterly cold all day.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Another lovely day here, just off on a flying visit to The Big City.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I've been trying to get into Goddess Mode, as we're having a couple of friends round for supper on Saturday evening. Pâté has been made, and dusting has been accomplished. Further housewifeliness will be attempted in the morning.

I'm going to make a sort of cross between a risotto and a paella, which shouldn't really be too taxing if I have everything organised before I start, and if I set the bread machine going at the right time I can serve some nice freshly-baked French sticks.

quote:
Originally posted by Ferijen:
... Today we have had glorious sunshine, blue sky, spring warmth ...

We had that too, but without the spring* warmth ... [Paranoid]

* Spring in Newfoundland usually happens on the second Tuesday in June, at about 2:30 in the afternoon.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
[...] Even the present Pigletmobile seems considerably bigger than the Nissan Micras we had when we lived in Belfast.

* and people over here seem to be very fond of pick-up trucks, which tend to be bloody enormous.

Hey Piglet, I think rather everything seems considerably bigger than a Nissan Micra. The clue's in the name. (No, not 'Nissan!') [Biased]

Now, if Nissan Micras and some slightly bigger, yet somehow smaller cars are being driven by Piglets (or Piglets'): Could we say that them gigantic gas-guzzling pick-up truck beasties and similar are being driven by fully-grown swines? It might be a statement that bacons to be made.

Bon appetit. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
We had thick, thick snow!

⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

Ours made the BBC national news.
<ONEUPMANSHIP> [Razz]

But it isappeared in last night's rain [Tear]

(The letter d isappeared too)

[ 05. March 2016, 06:07: Message edited by: balaam ]

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
balaam, apparently you can still see snow in the surrounding hills from the fourth floor of the University Building. (I looked at the map after I got a text saying lots of snow.)

Here it was just cold; sunny, pretty and very, very cold. This morning there's a white crust of frost on the cars; the grass and roofs are hardly touched.

Half term-itis turned into what felt like flu. The week back after half term I was told to work from home because I looked so terrible the couple of days I went in. I spent it curled up in bed, clearing one of the very overdue paper mountains. I do like laptops.

Last week, still full of something not very nice, it was back to leaving at stupid o'clock as we're almost certainly expecting Ofsted following a complaint, and that will be without warning, plus an inspection next week. And to add to the joys, one of my much loved colleagues very sadly died unexpectedly. We found out on Tuesday night, spent Tuesday night and Wednesday organising how to break it to the rest of the staff on Wednesday afternoon, and then the students on Thursday.

Social life, what social life?

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Frost on the roofs here. I've just seen a sparrow using out bird feeder. Either it didn't like what was on offer or it was being kind to (or being bullied by) the wood pigeons sitting on the shed roof, as it kept spiting the seeds out, As soon as it had gone the pigeons flew down and waddled round the patio eating the dropped seeds.
We're off to meet the rest of my side of the family to celebrate my mum's 88th birthday in a bit. Not helped by 1. trains not running the way we want to go, hence a bit of a trek round, and 2. my brother being very vague as to what time he's actually booked the meal for.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

Some frost on the grass here in MK. I feel sorry for the concrete cows.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I'm having a coffee morning to raise funds to name a Guide Dog puppy "Coffee" (see my sig) I have no idea how many will turn up - lots of brownies are made!

☕ ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕

The reason for "Coffee" is that I am in a Facebook group for blind/VI people, guide dog owners and puppy walkers called the 'Guide Dogs Coffee Lounge'.

(guess who has discovered how to put symbols on here? hahaha!)

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We had thick frost on the ground and roofs this morning here in south London but it's already gone. Rain is forecast later and it looks set to hit us just when we'll be taking my 93 year old mother out to lunch for an early celebration of Mothering Sunday.

[Frown]

Boogie, good luck with your coffee morning.

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We just had a flurry of snow too - not that it settled. Brr

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Right at the moment it is cold and windy but dry enough to take the cover off the garden furniture in the hope that it and the furniture can dry out a bit.
Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Ordinary sort of day with rain, here. I took myself out for dinner last night (Brown's in Oxford) on the "£11.95 for two courses" offer. You'd think I've have learnt by now that this sort of offer never actually is a bargain unless you stick rigidly to the options available, have no extras and only drink tap water.

I must say it was good having a peaceful candlelit table and a delicious early evening dinner, with a glass of sparkling wine and a Brandy Alexander by way of dessert. I'm not going to think about how much it cost (or the health aspect of what I ordered), but on a bitterly cold night after a trying week it felt very good to just relax and enjoy a meal and drinks out.

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I missed the Northern snow as I'm in Surrey for the weekend. It's still chuffing freezing (I believe that's the technical term) but only a bit of rain this morning.

I'm down here visiting my aunt, with my Dad who's celebrating a significant birthday. We went to a Tamil temple in Ealing for a birthday blessing and stayed for some food (rice, dhal and sambal). I've no idea how they manage to feed so many people, easily 300 people just in the time we were there. Temple food always seems to be lovely even though it's cooked in bulk. Some people had dressed up, so we had women in many-coloured saris and kameez, topped of with woolly union jack socks to keep out the cold.

I could probably have posted this on the interfaith thread, not that I did much discussing of the issues as I had my mouth full [Smile]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cold and rainy here too. I am So Sick of winter...
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just outside the cattle crossing, we've had a bit of everything today - sun, showers, hail, a bit of now in the night... the only unifying factor has been that it's been effing cold!

Luckily I've been indoors most of the day painting the front room and hallway in preparation for laying a new floor next weekend. I could get used to this DIY lark...

AG

Wot no sig?

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's been cold here today, but lovely and sunny and lots of blue sky, so we went for a walk below the castle (it is on a big old rock and can be seen for miles around, and there are several walks lower down that go all the way round, with lovely views over towards the Trossachs and Ochils) and into the older bit of town. It was very pleasant, although really quite nippy! The Elf Lass was asleep so we thought we would nip into the museum near where we parked for a cup of something warm so that she could sleep a bit longer before we messed about putting her back in the car, but we got there precisely 1 minute after the cafe closed (3/4 hour before museum closing time). So we've had to make do with tea back at home to warm up, but that's no bad thing.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Husband en rouge cooked brunch this morning. It consisted of (English) bacon, eggs, baked beans and toasted English muffins.

My work is done. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
Husband en rouge cooked brunch this morning. It consisted of (English) bacon, eggs, baked beans and toasted English muffins.

Short of adding a fine English sausage, like a Cumberland ring, you could hardly do more. [Smile]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As the main road is closed at the moment, we had to go to Abergavenny via Mynydd Llangattock this afternoon. There are tremendous views, right over to Radnor Forest. Many of the peaks we could see were snow covered. It was very beautiful.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:

Short of adding a fine English sausage, like a Cumberland ring, you could hardly do more. [Smile]
And fried bread.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:

Excellent. I'd be happy with that. Have you converted him to the joys of a good cup of breakfast tea, or is he sticking with coffee?

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016