homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Yes, yes, let's talk about the weather! The British thread 2016 (Page 32)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Yes, yes, let's talk about the weather! The British thread 2016
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rain, hail, rain, wind, rain, sun, rain and....rain.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think the Almighty must have suddenly remembered it was going to be a public holiday here; it was tipping it down at about 8 this morning, but now it's just hot and rather sticky (feeling like 31 with the humidex).

Not a day for really doing anything. [Big Grin]

[ 27. June 2016, 18:17: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Of course it's raining. Wimbledon's started. It's traditional.
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rainy and cold here...I really really ought to have gone out and got some fresh air, visited a few people today...what I really really want to do is go to bed with a hot water bottle and a blanky and a teddy bear, (not forgetting the cup of tea - hey, I'm British European) and hope to wake and find it has all been a nightmare.
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I must have been living on Planet Japes and taking no notice as I'd completely forgotten about Wimbledon! Mind you, there's been a lot going on around here lately and I don't seem to have drawn breath let alone notice extraneous stuff...

Hopefully, after this week, things will begin to slow down for the next couple of months which would be rather nice.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I turned on one of the sports channels yesterday evening to discover not only Wimbledon, but Wimbledon with British commentators. [Yipee]

I could hardly have been happier if they'd found a way to resurrect Dan Maskell (may he rest in peace).

In other news, I took my last set of minutes for the Anglican Cemetery Committee this evening. In a funny old way I'll miss them - they are a nice bunch of people and, as I said at the meeting, I know 100% more about cemeteries than I did nine years ago. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Never say never, Piglet. Unless you are determined to accept no offers at all in your new hometown, you may find such jobs pursue you as you move.

[ 29. June 2016, 05:38: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Kara's first play with Tatze.

[Angel]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Kara is absolutely adorable! And I love the way Tatze is so good with these silly yellow puppies you keep bringing home -- she seems to start out as sort of a step-mom to them and then transitions into big sister. What lovely, lovely dogs -- both of them!
[Axe murder]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tatze seems to have endless patience! And Kara is gorgeous!

You must be the Puppy Walker Supreme!

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Absolutely - with a temperament like that, you'd think Tatze would be ideal guide dog material herself.

The lady who viewed our house yesterday came back today* and brought her father to have a look, which seems kind of promising ... don't get excited, Piglet ... [Paranoid]

* unfortunately it was while the match between Federer and Willis (a Brit, and the number 772 in the world) was happening, so we had to make ourselves scarce and I missed most of it. [Frown]

[ 29. June 2016, 20:53: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
Absolutely - with a temperament like that, you'd think Tatze would be ideal guide dog material herself.

Bless her, she would never have made it due to her cat obsession - she chases them at every opportunity!
[Eek!]

Nice and fine here with blue sky and fair weather cloud. A nice day to venture out and carry Kara to begin getting used to the sights and sounds of the town. My friend is taking Tatze a good long walk with her dog.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't need to know when the football's on. I have an excitable Polish neighbour who literally screams and roars for joy and bangs things about when his team score a goal.

He's completely quiet otherwise but suddenly there's this great inarticulate ROAR ROAR YELL SCREAM ROAR BANG and then it goes back to silence again.

Me, I'm looking forward to a Wales v Iceland final.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Now that sounds like a Good Thing! [Big Grin]

I've been a mostly v. inactive piglet today; it was 27° and felt like 33, so I spent most of the day sitting on the sofa with a fan blowing the warm air about and trying to kid myself it was actually cooling me.

I did, however, get a batch of laundry done, and filled in the forms for renewing our Permanent Residence cards on the computer. We had filled in forms a few months back and not got round to sending them off, and D. was just about to go and take them to the courier when I suddenly thought, "I bet they've changed the bl**dy forms since we filled them in" so I went to the web-site and, lo and behold, I was right.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

However, new forms all done, fee paid and sent off. Whether they'll be returned before we go on holiday (and need them to get back into the country) remains to be seen ... [Eek!]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Government here promises a response within 6 weeks, with an understandable caveat about difficult cases, and it keeps to it as well!

I am giving myself a night on the town! Well, I'm in the Big City and meeting a friend later and getting back to the village in the late evening isn't easy so I'm having a night in an hotel and will go home in the morning. A little bit of hedonism can be fun.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
I don't need to know when the football's on. I have an excitable Polish neighbour who literally screams and roars for joy and bangs things about when his team score a goal.

He's completely quiet otherwise but suddenly there's this great inarticulate ROAR ROAR YELL SCREAM ROAR BANG and then it goes back to silence again.

Me, I'm looking forward to a Wales v Iceland final.

We got the other side of the match through the window. We have a building site just behind our building.

The French equivalent of a Polish builder is a Portuguese builder. Apparently the lads were watching the game last night…

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It was another scorcher here today: 24° according to Environment Canada, but it felt a good deal warmer than that.

We were invited to lunch today to the home of a lady from the Cathedral who's ninety-something but as sharp as a tack, and had a very enjoyable afternoon of putting the world (and the cathedral [Devil] ) to rights.

There should be fireworks starting shortly to celebrate Canada Day; I've heard a few pops, but not actually seen anything yet (facing the wrong way).

Actually, scratch that last bit; I've just seen a couple of pink fireworks floating in the sky across the road. [Smile]

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What do I have to do to get away from British politics? I've flown 6½ thousand miles away to find everyone from close relatives, casual aquaintances and random taxi drivers asking us what's going on with Brexit. It's being debated in Mauritian parliament and shown on MBC1 (Mauritian Broadcasting Corporation). Oy [Help]

ION, we went to temple yesterday and came away with a bag of fruit and some coconut rice pudding. Temples always have to best food.

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was sitting in park by the harbour down in the Big City last night and was questioned at length about the effect of Brexit on the tourist industry here - I am a highly skilled and qualified waffler, years of experience!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As a non-football fan, I was so happy to see Wales win last night. I flicked over and started watching hte second half, I have Welsh friends out in France watching and I felt their passion and joy across the facebook-waves. Sometimes, I love facebook, that was one moment.
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Beenster:
As a non-football fan, I was so happy to see Wales win last night. I flicked over and started watching hte second half, I have Welsh friends out in France watching and I felt their passion and joy across the facebook-waves. Sometimes, I love facebook, that was one moment.

I had mixed feelings as I've been supporting both Wales and Belgium. At least one of them was guaranteed to go through.
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

WW and A-in-E, I totally sympathise. The only other time our political opinion has been so much in demand was after the Scottish referendum; everyone seems to want to know what we think about Brexit (not a lot).

It's a lovely day here - the wind has changed direction, and it's much cooler (currently 14°), but sunny, which suits me just fine.

We're going to celebrate our wedding anniversary (28 happy wonderful years!) this evening by researching a new gastro-pub that's opened down town; their menu looks like just the sort of thing we like. Will report back later.

[Smile]

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congrats Piglet [Axe murder]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Anniversary, Piglet and D!

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Congratulations!

I am currently debating whether to get dressed and go hospital visiting or leave it until tomorrow - decisions, decisions. Perhaps I'll have a nap and think about it.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

If you've still got the cold, you'd be better not going to hospitals - either (a) they'll make you feel worse; or (b) you'll make the patients feel worse. [Big Grin]

The restaurant was very good indeed; the only points they lost were for serving the water in Mason jars, which to me is right up there on the silliness scale with serving food on chopping-boards and roof-tiles. Apart from anything else, the Mason jars were quite big, and my trotters aren't.

The food, however, was excellent. We started by sharing pear-and-blue-cheese flatbread, and then D. had lamb shanks and I had duck in cherry sauce, all of which was damn-nearly faultless, and washed down with Pinot Grigio from Pelee Island (and in my case, a glass of Pinot Noir with the duck). We thought they were a little over-exuberant with the spices, but not so much as to spoil our enjoyment. We finished up with banana bread-and-butter pudding (him) and Bailey's crème brûlée (me). Normally I'd avoid CB if it's been in any way messed about with, but the Bailey's actually worked very well.

Isn't it just typical? We finally get a really decent restaurant in St. John's and we're buggering off ... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Piglet said:
quote:
Isn't it just typical? We finally get a really decent restaurant in St. John's and we're buggering off ... [Roll Eyes]
Yes, but think of all the opportunities for research in your new town. We moved nearly four years ago, and are still 'researching'.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congrats, Piglet and D! [Axe murder]

May many more foody places be found, explored and enormously enjoyed, wherever you go and are!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations to Piglet and D. And ooh, isn't the new puppy gorgeous, Boogie.

Welease Woderick, you can do damage to babies in the womb if you give them a cold.

Last night's theatre performance was amazing - The Flying Lovers of Vitebsk by Kneehigh Theatre. It's a deceptively simple telling of the life of Marc Chagall and his wife Bella, performed by a cast of two actors and two musicians. It's currently touring and I saw it in the Sam Wanamaker Theatre. It was designed to be like a Chagall painting - lots of references to his art in the staging, including the title, but as Chagall lived through some major events it hinted at the way art developed over the 20th Century, the fate of the Jewish communities in Belarus and Europe during WW1, the Russian Revolution and WW2. I vaguely knew who Chagall was from his paintings, but came away to read more about him, Bella and Vitebsk.

I am delighted to say the adverse weather meant the cancellation of the Town Show because it means a day off for me, otherwise I'd be helping with the Guiding stall. I need a day off, end of term stress is mounting. We have had two inspections in the last two weeks, one from a local authority and one internal Mock Ofsted, plus all the other joys.

And my daughter is in worse problems than normal, sent home from hospital with a still dislocated hand, not strapped in any way that supported the joints in problems. So the last few weekends I have seen her, relocated as much as I can and strapped it up with much more strapping. (I usually see her and massage a few joints back in properly - the physiotherapists told me to do it years ago, as getting things back in place fast was the most helpful thing to do). The orthopaedics specialist isn't impressed with A&E, apparently my strapping was the right thing to do, but the damage is so bad this time that it means an operation. She has to move next weekend, so that's my entertainment taken care of.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Piglet, the menu looks great!

Happily the cold seems to have gone and the allergies have calmed down considerably - I do have a slight sore throat and may seek medical opinion if it persists.

The visit went well; Herself is ginormous with the twins, swears they each have a career ahead of them as international soccer players and she [not entirely surprisingly] tires easily but is otherwise happy - she has that late pregnancy glow about her! Her sister is going to stay with her during the day tomorrow so Himself can dash home here and we'll go on a quick trip to the Mall and have lunch there then we'll come home and he'll go back to the hospital. I said I'd be happy to go alone but he insisted so I think he's got cabin fever - even though they have a suite at the hospital it is still not a lot of room if you are there 24/7.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Sarasa:
... think of all the opportunities for research in your new town ...

Oh, I already am! When D. was over for the interview, I Googled "Fredericton restaurants", and by the time he phoned to say he'd been offered the job, I told him I'd started planning future research ... [Big Grin]

He's giving a farewell organ recital this evening at St. Michael's in aid of their Choral Scholarship fund. It should be quite a good bash even though it's a fairly basic electronic organ, but he's always been good at making difficult organs sing.

[ 03. July 2016, 16:16: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
The restaurant was very good indeed

I don't often have burgers but I must say I'm intrigued by the duck burger with blueberry ketchup and orange cream cheese. I think I'd try that, it's not something you see on a menu every day.
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

D's recital went spiffingly - the church was well-filled, mostly with members or adherents of the Cathedral congregation. As we both said, we've never seen so many Cathedral people in one place before - including at the cathedral ... [Devil]

The programme was a wee bit self-indulgent (and why not?) - he played favourite pieces of his own (Master Tallis' Testament by Howells and La Mourisque by Susato), and those of some of the regulars from his Wednesday concerts (a bit of Bach, Brahms and the slow movement from Dvorak's New World symphony), a cute little piece called Penguins' Playtime and finishing with Mulet's Carillon Sortie to which we came down the aisle at our wedding. After a standing ovation, we all sang the Vaughan Williams arrangement of the Old Hundredth with the fanfares (which is what I came up the aisle to).

Afterwards (following hugs from virtually everyone present) quite a crowd of us invaded the pub we used to go to after choir practice, and a jolly evening was had by all.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sounds wonderful [Yipee] [Overused]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

We had another new viewer of Châtea Piglet this evening, and a lady who's already seen it twice came back again ...

She's driving our estate agent crackers, asking a whole shed-load of questions about plumbing, electrics, building permits - you name it. The agent says this sort of question would normally be asked after an offer had been made; I wish the client would just get her finger out and make an offer.

We've got another viewer tomorrow morning at 10:30, which is rather earlier than we might have hoped. I mean, what's the point of being made redundant if you can't have a long lie of a morning? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
We had another new viewer of Châtea Piglet this evening, and a lady who's already seen it twice came back again ...

She's driving our estate agent crackers, asking a whole shed-load of questions about plumbing, electrics, building permits - you name it. The agent says this sort of question would normally be asked after an offer had been made; I wish the client would just get her finger out and make an offer.

I'd hope and pray that she's set her heart on it but doesn't want to find out down the line that her dream house isn't all she hoped for.

Remember though, you only have to sell it once.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I doubt that Château Piglet is anybody's dream house, but with any luck it'll suit somebody.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here's to it, Piglet. I bought a post-WW2 1946 prefab six years ago and it's great. They were put up in the great housing shortage and were only supposed to last 25 years, but you have to shoot them....

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
I doubt that Château Piglet is anybody's dream house, but with any luck it'll suit somebody.

Ahh, but think of the value in a few years when it has the Blue Plaque saying Piglet Lived Here...!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Love your thinking, WW! [Angel]

Dream house dreams are dreamt by people. Who are we to disagree? Why not indeed, Piglet? [Smile]

[ 06. July 2016, 06:24: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
quote:

Ahh, but think of the value in a few years when it has the Blue Plaque saying Piglet Lived Here...!
I can think of a couple of religions that might find that a tads offputting...

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

Today's unusual holiday activity was serving food at a nearby ashram. It was a cross between a psychiatric hospital and a home for people with learning disabilities. We were performing the task due to various significant birthdays. I like the idea of service as a celebration instead of the more usual penance.

After serving the residents with their lunch, we got to eat the several different kind of veggie curries with dhal and rice, then pudding. You haven't lived until you've tried to eat sago from a fake banana leaf using a poppadom.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

moonlitdoor
Shipmate
# 11707

- Posted      Profile for moonlitdoor   Email moonlitdoor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That is interesting. The only times I've eaten a banana leaf rice meal which included poppadoms, everyone else scrunched them up with their fingers and stirred them into the rice. So I did the same.

--------------------
We've evolved to being strange monkeys, but in the next life he'll help us be something more worthwhile - Gwai

Posts: 2210 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

quote:
Originally posted by moonlitdoor:
That is interesting. The only times I've eaten a banana leaf rice meal which included poppadoms, everyone else scrunched them up with their fingers and stirred them into the rice. So I did the same.

That's what the others did with the sago. It was the dessert after the rice and sundries. Much tastier than it sounds.
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
quote:

Considering that I'd have to have been dead for 20 years for that to happen, it's not really an option I want to consider ... [Eek!]

As it is, the potential buyer who looked at it three times and drove our estate agent crackers with her incessant questions has decided not to put in an offer.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest her armpits. [Devil]

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Alternatively, may she have the deadly crotch-itch and not be able to reach. [Big Grin]

Edited to add that it's a tad hellish, but definitely in support of Piglet.

[ 06. July 2016, 18:18: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
Last night's theatre performance was amazing - The Flying Lovers of Vitebsk by Kneehigh Theatre. It's a deceptively simple telling of the life of Marc Chagall and his wife Bella, performed by a cast of two actors and two musicians. It's currently touring and I saw it in the Sam Wanamaker Theatre. It was designed to be like a Chagall painting - lots of references to his art in the staging, including the title, but as Chagall lived through some major events it hinted at the way art developed over the 20th Century, the fate of the Jewish communities in Belarus and Europe during WW1, the Russian Revolution and WW2. I vaguely knew who Chagall was from his paintings, but came away to read more about him, Bella and Vitebsk.

CK, I'm so glad you posted this as I'd decided not to go and see it - but on the strength of your review we went and loved it! There were classfuls of schoolkids in the theatre but they *all* behaved immaculately and we had a fabulous, magical evening.

Yonks ago, when Trestle Theatre were still being Trestle and doing mask work, we saw 'Tonight We Fly', also about Chagall, twice because it was so good. Although tonight's music was lovely, the Trestle production had a full-blown klezmer band that all the cast joined in [Overused] Just wonderful.

Thanks again, CK.

Mrs. S, very glad of an evening's escapism [Yipee]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I read your response on the tube home having decided I wasn't going to the last night of Madam Butterfly at the ENO, because I was too tired, too stressed, to full of the stomach bug at work, and it cheered me up no end.

Offspring is panicking they may mot operate on her hand next week as they've found a complication. She is on a lot of Tramadol to manage the pain and really wants the plate sticking back on the end of the bone in her index finger knuckle and to be able to use both hands again, in the long term. In the short term she's wearing a cast for the next few weeks. At least we managed to get things in place enough to unstretch the nerve so she has feeling in the finger.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
After all the misery and sadness in the media this morning there was this enjoyable piece. Anyone got any theories or even knowledge of what's going on there?

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

My son lived there while he was training to be a pilot.

A radio prog tried hard to find out with translators etc, but seemed none the wiser.

[Paranoid] [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016