homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Vespucciana-- USA 2016 (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Vespucciana-- USA 2016
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All three names are on the signage: "Ronald Reagan National Airport" -- and so we are on solid ground. We also annoy newcomers by blinking when they ask for Reagan Airport. "Oh, you mean National!"

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Things change so quickly here! It's been in the 80's for a few weeks, and the AC has been purring along. So, here comes a real cold front, and it's still only 55 degrees out at almost 10AM! Brrr!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
55°? I'd be breaking out the sandals and cropped trousers!

Well, almost ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We went to Iceland one August. It was about 55 degrees and blowing hard -- windy enough that you could lean on the wind and not fall over. I seriously considered buying heavy Icelandic sweaters, hats and mitts -- the stores very kindly had tons of them on offer, just for feeble tourists like us. The natives were wearing shorts and tank tops.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I finally took the blanket off the bed this weekend and have been sleeping with the windows open the past three nights.

The white winged doves have begun their territorial behavior. Two of them decided to take up house on my porch ceiling fan -- fortunately they're easily discouraged by my turning it on.

I had to get out the plastic owl and hang it on the porch. That scares the doves away until they get used to it -- then they just use it as a perch. It helps to suspend it, though, from a wire. When it moves in the wind, it keeps them frightened for a longer time.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
We went to Iceland one August ...

We celebrated our respective 40th birthdays with trips to Iceland. D's is in December and mine in February ... [Big Grin]

It was certainly cold and windy, but we absolutely loved it. There can be few feelings to compare with swimming in the Blue Lagoon with hailstones coming down on your head. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
I finally took the blanket off the bed this weekend and have been sleeping with the windows open the past three nights.

The white winged doves have begun their territorial behavior. Two of them decided to take up house on my porch ceiling fan -- fortunately they're easily discouraged by my turning it on.

I had to get out the plastic owl and hang it on the porch. That scares the doves away until they get used to it -- then they just use it as a perch. It helps to suspend it, though, from a wire. When it moves in the wind, it keeps them frightened for a longer time.

Try suspending the owl from the fan!? Put it on its lowest setting and it could look really menacing.

[eta: or move it every day or so to a different location on the porch.]

[ 22. March 2016, 01:50: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
move [the owl] every day or so to a different location on the porch.

Tried that -- it didn't work. Suspending it from the fan would throw the fan off balance. I'd like to find a battery-operated owl that would flap its wings and hoot periodically.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here is a solar powered one from Amazon, not cheap but...

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Reviews are decidedly mixed, as for the hawks, coyotes and other deterrents.

Actually I sort of enjoy watching the doves. They're very aggressive toward other doves invading their territory, to the point where they'll beat the invader with their wings and then chase it as it flies away. Their mating is also, erm, entertaining.

What I don't like is that they're very dirty -- they poop more than a pig on milk of magnesia. And they're noisy. They have two basic calls: a mating call and a territorial call -- I don't know which is which. But both of them are long, drawn-out affairs. One of them sounds like the dove is saying, "Who cooks for you?" The other one sounds like, "They say that Daddy's here, Daddy's here, Daddy!" Interesting when there's only one or two of them, but get a couple hundred of them nesting in a grove of trees and you can imagine the din.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This morning it was 48!!! [Eek!]
Looking at the Ship wrapped in my blanket. It's about time for a mug of hot coffee, I think!

A number of years ago, I went to Alaska in the end of June, beginning of July. The last day, I finally was warm enough to just wear a long sleeved shirt without my jacket. As we walked through town, citizens were lounging in shorts and t-shirts. I'm definitely a Florida girl. A weenie about the cold, in other words.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reminds me of college days on the north California coast. If the sun was out it was shorts and tank shirts. The temperature didn't manner. What mattered was that there was sun.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
... they poop more than a pig on milk of magnesia ...

AHEM. [Devil]

Much as I like owls, that one in Wodders' link is a bit scary-looking - I don't think I'd try mixing it with him if I were a dove. [Eek!]

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
Much as I like owls...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have seen down here cats of various sizes on stands which could be moved around the area affected. They are usually black with a violent green glass eye and a malevolent expression.

I was about to buy one when my son arrived home with a large representation of a frilled neck lizard, painted in garish colours. The pigeons on my balcony decided to roost elsewhere. They can't have known such lizards eat snails, insects etc and are a good thing for a garden.

Lizard needs a repaint now, but pigeons are still wary of it.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
They can't have known such lizards eat snails, insects etc and are a good thing for a garden. Lizard needs a repaint now, but pigeons are still wary of it.

In Arizona we have enough live lizards about to make fake ones redundant. I don't think the birds are afraid of them, though.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Frill necked lizards look innocuous, like pretty well any other lizard, until they are aroused. They swell up and a huge frill around the neck stands out straight. It could be a totally different type of lizard then.

frilled neck lizard

A couple of shipmates here may well have them in their gardens.

[ 23. March 2016, 20:54: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Every time I see the post about white winged doves I hear the Stevie Knicks song "Edge of Seventeen":

quote:
Just like the white winged dove
Sings a song
Sounds like she's singing
Ooh ooh ooh
Sings a song
Oh baby oh said oh

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Arizona lizards are mostly these and these -- you can't tell from the pictures how small they are, but we birds think of them as hors d'oeuvres.

They are, however, helpful at ridding our yards of mosquitoes and other small pests.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
Arizona lizards . . . are, however, helpful at ridding our yards of mosquitoes and other small pests.

And my storage room, where they have set up veritable house.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemr:
Every time I see the post about white winged doves I hear the Stevie Knicks song "Edge of Seventeen":

quote:
Sings a song
Ooh ooh ooh
Sings a song
Oh baby oh said oh

You too?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am being very bad today. My puppy is barking her freaking head off anyway, so I've decided to take advantage of it and I've set up a mirror where she can see her own reflection. I hope to get her so tired out barking at the darn thing that the next time she sees a reflection in a window or whatever, she just says "whatever" and shuts up.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

My former dog originally barked at herself in the mirror, but later got used to it. My current dog doesn't see anything in mirrors. She's also oblivious to television. Apparently there are two different types of dog eyes, and I've had one dog of each type.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
move [the owl] every day or so to a different location on the porch.

Tried that -- it didn't work. Suspending it from the fan would throw the fan off balance. I'd like to find a battery-operated owl that would flap its wings and hoot periodically.
I persuaded the robins not to nest over my garage door by suspending an old CD from the eaves. It flaps and flashes in the slightest breeze and has worked for years. I don't mind the friendly robins, but there were obvious hazards, and it could be dangerous when the fledglings were taking flying lessons.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

I had a kitten, Shadow Nose, and every time she'd walk on the bed at night, she would silently leap straight up every time she saw her dim reflection in the mirrored headboard. Once she landed right on my face.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Today, I went with four friends to Bok Tower Gardens. This is something I've wanted to do since I moved to Florida almost 41 years ago!

The carillon alone is worth the trip. Props to the carillonneur who can play the keyboard in such an amazing way!

The gardens were full of flowers; azaleas and camellias were still in bloom. There are such a variety of plants, and I learned that lupine grows there! I had no idea we could see those (very rare) flowers here!

All in all, this is a day trip I should have indulged in a long time ago.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Did you tell him/her you were an organist, and did he/she let you have a go? [Smile]

There's a carillon at the Roman Catholic cathedral in Armagh in Northern Ireland, and when D. went there the cathedral organist (a very eccentric Belgian baron) insisted that D. have a go. Unfortunately, he also insisted that the tune to be played would be The Sash My Father Wore - the Orangemen's song - not the most appropriate thing to have blasting out over the countryside from an RC church in those parts ... [Eek!]

[ 30. March 2016, 14:37: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oy. My grandma remembered to Orange Man contingent in Park City, Utah where she grew up, in the 1910's-20's.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If you want a carillon, you need to go to Mechelen in Belgium where some of the -inElmets are from. They have the oldest international carillon school, near St Rombouts Cathedral, and despite their proximity to the Netherlands, they're unlikely to be teaching Orange anthems.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

I was on my way to the spot where folks can greet the carillonneur, but it started to rain, so my group headed for shelter pronto. I would not have been allowed into the tower, as it is closed to the public. However, there is an older keyboard from the carillon in the museum attached to the welcome center, and there is one bell attached that guests can ring! So, I did get to try it!

The keyboard is very different from an organ console. Instead of keys, there are rods that one depresses. The pedalboard did not begin with C as most organ consoles do. The bottom key was a G! I know that would be confusing for my feet, as I once played a little pipe organ where the lowest pedal key was an F. Yup. A bit disorienting!!

ArachnidinElmet, the carillonneur (Geert D'hollander) studied at the Royal Carillon School in Mechelen, Belgium! His other music studies were at the Royal Conservatory in Antwerp, Belgium.

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
ArachnidinElmet, the carillonneur (Geert D'hollander) studied at the Royal Carillon School in Mechelen, Belgium! His other music studies were at the Royal Conservatory in Antwerp, Belgium.

[Big Grin] It's a small world.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Look who's back!

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Okay, joke's on me, but somebody besides me ought to enjoy the wonderful blandness of this error message:

quote:
Dreamweaver does not allow you to insert a Menu Bar within another list. Please insert it in another location.

--------------------

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Was that from the link?

Anyway, if for some reason your browser is blocking it, the above is now showing one of the Wellesley ravens hunkered in firmly on this year's nest. Hatch date is sometime after Wednesday.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
LambChopped: :snort:

Kelly, the Mama Raven is beautiful (and currently snoozing), but I'm confused as to the location of the nest. The article says (I think) that it's on the outside of the building but it looks to me like it's inside the lab. Do you know from last year how they do this? Curious.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

It's a stairwell. They took down the outside camera. The stairs to the second level have a bend in them and it creates this little nook, and apparently three years ago this pair just took it over and made a nest in it. They close that staircase off during nesting season.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Love the raven! When we did The Tourist Bit at the Tower of London several years ago, among all the impressive bits (Beefeaters, Crown Jewels, execution-blocks and whatnot) what we liked the most was the ravens*, and how tame they were.

[Smile]

* There's a legend that if the ravens ever leave the Tower the British monarchy will fall, so they always keep half-a-dozen there with clipped wings.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Every once in a while I catch her getting up to shift the eggs around, then waggling back down to cover them. One day she jumped up from the nest and seemed to squawk. (Sound was off.) I wonder, do pre-hatched eggs "kick"?

In any case, she just poked one of the eggs with her beak for a moment, then sat back down.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I wonder if maybe the eggs move as the chicks get big and are getting ready to peck their way out.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

They hatched!!

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

The mother was doing a little back-and-forth dance just now as she settled on the hatchlings--I imagine she was getting them nicely engulfed in her breast feathers.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Hee, I just saw the Mom and Dad changing of the guard.

BTW, they did not take down the hall view camera, they just moved the link. If you look along the bottom of the livestream feed, you have an option of camera A and camera B

[ 14. April 2016, 20:17: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hi USA Folks. I haven't been on the ship lately so I might be rusty. But to join the conversation, I am hiking regularly at The Shoreline At Mountain View (California) hiking area. It's a sort of open space/park.

Egrets are my favorite (they are in the picture link I posted). I go hiking with The Gent who usually is a few paces ahead of me, so he'll point out egrets and geese...whatever animal. It's a fairly easy trail, only challenging to me if I hike down to the embankment area.

The weather in the South Bay has been warming up. We are getting some rain so this changes some areas that are a not kept up by the park (down by the embankment, private land there). Grass and wild plants grow more and it's a more challenging walk for a half hour...

Hey, I heard that snoring!

I hope you all are doing well. Amanda never fails to disappoint, love reading her stories. I'd kick that that server b*tch for you anytime, if I were around.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good to hear from you, duchess. Blue herons are my usual faves. Pretty close to yours.
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Hi duchess! Welcome back.

We get loads of Little Egrets and Cattle Egrets here - and we also get the occasional Blue Heron - but whether it is same as the one you get over there I don't know.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

We have Great Blue Herons in the park behind my house. This time of year I'm seeing young ones -- they don't look so very "great" yet. We also have an occasional Green Heron -- as well as egrets and all sorts of ducks.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A student came today and mowed my lawn, using my lawnmower.

I am still too weak after my illness to do it.

There is a group of Tech students who raise money for the Cancer Society by doing yard work for people, rather than engaging in the Relay for Life. They don't charge anything for the work they do, but accept checks made out to the Cancer Society.

I think that's a much better idea than simply getting people to sponsor you for running. I was also very glad to have my lawn mowed.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
There is a group of Tech students who raise money for the Cancer Society by doing yard work for people, rather than engaging in the Relay for Life. They don't charge anything for the work they do, but accept checks made out to the Cancer Society.

I think that's a much better idea than simply getting people to sponsor you for running. I was also very glad to have my lawn mowed.

Moo

[Overused]

I've never understood why I should pay someone to run, when they could be doing something constructive to raise funds. Good for them -- I wish we had something like that around here.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Moo, when I had pneumonia back in 2009, it took a long time to recover. Take your time and accept all help offered. I had a month off work and discovered that my usual fifteen minute walk to or from station was taking me 27 minutes when I went back to catching train. Three months later i realised I was just about back to normal time. Not a hard walk, mostly fairly level.

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Unfortunately, in addition to pneumonia I also had severe sepsis.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016