homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Go home GAFCON, you're drunk

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Go home GAFCON, you're drunk
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Last week, we were bemoaning American evangelicals for endorsing Donald Trump.

This week, in seeming to try to reclaim the title of "most embarrassing part of the body", a sub-cult of the Anglican church has decided to release a "name and shame" list of gay clergy and some who are otherwise supporting of an inclusive church.

[brick wall]

My suggestion is that this simply be turned into a Christmas card mailing list. Turn the dunce-headed hate into a bit of cheer and support for those clergy who are unfairly maligned by narrow-minded bigots.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Tear]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Where's Anonymous when you need them?

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If GAFCON are bidding to become the "most embarrassing bit of the Body of Christ" they need to raise their game from defence to offence (this sounds better when Alison Mack says it in Smallville, but I digress). US Evangelicals facilitated the worst act of self-harm by a democracy since 1933, The Catholic Church has notoriously covered up the molestation children and the Russian Orthodox Church supports a President who poisons his rivals with polonium. All GAFCON can manage is to put out a press statement affecting to be shocked, shocked I tell you, that Jeffrey John supports gay rights. If this were the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame the other three would be The Beatles, The Stones and Led Zeppelin and GAFCON would be Thirty Seconds To Mars. They're sporting with puppies by day, not running with the wolves by night.

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Were I minded, I could supply them with a lot more names and churches.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
Were I minded, I could supply them with a lot more names and churches.

I believe a web site has been setup for people miffed they were left off the list.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016