homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No , it's SECRET SANTA (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No , it's SECRET SANTA
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, I know it's still only August, but just warning people that I will be starting the Secret Santa list after the bank holiday week.
So this is your chance to think about whether you want to be involved, and perhaps, if you're REALLY organised to think of suitable gifts.
If you haven't done this before, the idea is to get a gift valued at around £5 in your local currency to send to another participant who's name and address and Ship name will be given you.
You can specify what continent you would like to send to, as you have to remember that you will need to pay postage on top of the price of the gift.
The lists will close at the end of the first week of November for me to send out names and addresses. Hopefully, everyone will then get their gift in time for Christmas.
(Sorry this is going out so early but we will be on holidays soon and I'm sure I will forget once I get home!

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wow, and I thought the shops got in early for Christmas [Biased] .

Hope your holiday is fun.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aaaargh! Not only a reminder about Christmas, but this post about Secret Santa acts to remind me about the busiest time of year for family birthdays. Possibly that time ofyear is a reminder about activities of Christmases past. [Biased]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have bought six of my Christmas presents [Razz]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
4 main ones on holiday in Cornwall in June, 2 more via a crowdfunding appeal by the brilliant Welsh folk group "Allan yn y fan" and a few small presents for Lord P, again, from Cornwall.

--------------------

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
BAH, HUMBUG!

[Razz]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
I have bought six of my Christmas presents [Razz]

Boogie - I'm still trying to get hold of a present for a birthday in July. Christmas is way beyond my organisational skills.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Boogie:
quote:
I have bought six of my Christmas presents
I hate you.

...in love, of course.

Meanwhile, I sent my sister-in-law her birthday present a month late....

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Me! Me! We'll be travelling soon, so ideal time to think about this [Smile]

Cattyish, considering...

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes! o/

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

OK, now we're back off holiday, Secret Santa can begin in Ernest.
So far, I've got Cattyish, Pants and me. Please post to say you'd like to take part and pm me with your r/l name and address, posting preferences, and any likes/dislikes/allergies.
You have until the beginning of November!

--------------------

Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can't quite get my head around Christmas yet, but I do want to be involved so sign me up!! Thank you for the organising.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Motherboard and JB signing up.
E-mail to follow.

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in. Sending PM.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In! Email to follow.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Count me in!
Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was just thinking about this today!
Please count me in, thank you.

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you St Gwladys for organising this again. Mail deliveries of parcels etc is difficult for me with a very unreliable service, so I am opting out. But thank you all the same. Last year I had a parcel stolen, two others sent to wrong addresses. Just trouble..

Thanks for your time spent on this.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

I'm so sorry to hear that, Lothlorien. It's unfortunate that intercontinental parcels do occasionally get lost. You seem to have had particularly bad luck [Frown]

--------------------

ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in.

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I always enjoy this. I am in.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll party

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in.
(And happy to send an extra to Loth)

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Thanks for the thought,but it is all mail, not just overseas. Last yeaar I mde so many complaints I had an incident number which put me thrugh to someone higher iup. Anything I now buy, I send to son's work address.

A parcel fell off the back of a truck and was stolen. An entirely different post office to mine, so no idea what it was doing there. Other sjust don't turn up. Cards are not left. Contract courier does the barest minimum. I now see many complaints, not just in this area.

--------------------

Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'd like to join in again, please. Secret Santa is one of my favourite things about Christmas. [Smile]

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

15 Santas so far, a really good start. Could you make sure you pm me with your details?

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But of course I'm in! [Smile]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in! [Yipee]

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

**bump**

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in
PM being prepared for delivery

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

18 so far - still plenty of time to sign up!

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

**bump**

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May I join in? PM to follow.
Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

So, so far:
St. Gwladys
Cattyish
Pants
Dormouse
Leaf
Elaine C
Zappa
Patdys
ArachnidinElmet

all of whom need to pm their addresses!

Mamacita
Kelly Alves
Motherboard
JB
St. Everild
Graven Image
Cottontail
ent in time for Christmas
Quoheleth
Wet Kipper
North East Quine

all of whom have sent their addresses!

There's plenty of time left to sign up - you have until the beginning of November, which gives plenty of time to chose, wrap and send your gifts so that your Santee will, hopefully, get their present in time for Christmas.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
St Gwladys, don't forget to send yourself your own address!

[Razz]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Address sent.

I was convinced I'd sent it when I signed up but there was nothing in my sent items....

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

**bump**

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm finally getting round to signing up. PM on its way shortly.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Noted Sarasa!

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

3 weeks to go.....

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in. PM about to wing its way to you...
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Receive - and Dormouse.

--------------------

Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would like to sign up please [Smile]
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

So, so far:

Cattyish
Pants
Leaf
Zappa
ArachnidinElmet

who need to pm their addresses

Mamacita
Kelly Alves
Motherboard
JB
St. Everild
Graven Image
Patdys
Cottontail
Quoheleth
Wet Kipper
North East Quine
St. Gwladys
Dormouse
Elaine C
Sarasa
Jane R
Adrienne

all of whom have sent their addresses!

There's just two weeks left to sign up - the deadline is the 5th November - which will give plenty of time to chose, wrap and send your gifts so that your Santee will, hopefully, get their present in time for Christmas.

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Thanks, Cattyish and Zappa

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

And ArachnidinElmet

Any more to sign up?

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Jacobsen has been added to my list.
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Me, me, me....i love ship secret santa...

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Belle Ringer
Shipmate
# 13379

- Posted      Profile for Belle Ringer   Email Belle Ringer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And me!
Posts: 5830 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016