homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Random House

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Random House
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It doesn't look like we currently have a functioning thread for making random observations or comments that are unworthy of their own thread, or of any further discussion. But I have a bit of randomness that needs such a thread.

So, last night, the Phillies beat the Washington Nationals 17-3. You don't often see 17 runs scored in a baseball game. But while I was watching the TV just now they showed a shot of the scoreboard. The Phillies were the home team, so they were listed second. That meant the score was listed like this on the scoreboard:

And that made me think that it looked liked a Biblical citation (3:17). And that made me curious as to what the associated Gospel verse would be for each Gospel.

Matthew 3:17: And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Mark 3:17: James son of Zebedee and his brother John (to them he gave the name Boanerges, which means “sons of thunder”),...

Luke 3:17: His winnowing fork is in his hand to clear his threshing floor and to gather the wheat into his barn, but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

John 3:17: For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's one. I've been listening to little else but Verdi's LaTraviata for about 2 months due to being in it at Haddo House. Today I've left the PC playing my random music and so far it's been Kirsty McColl, Lady Antebellum, the Levellers and Lady Gaga.

Cattyish, opera come-down.

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jay-Emm
Shipmate
# 11411

- Posted      Profile for Jay-Emm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog:
John 3:17: For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

It looked wrong for a second as I think of that whole section being 3:16 (I sometimes start 3:15 but not later).
3:15/16 does seem to hit a lot of the interesting passages. I don't know if that's an illusion.

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
According to the BBC:

Fox News drops 'fair and balanced' slogan

It's always nice when the Truth-in-Advertising laws finally kick in.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, but their new slogan, "Most watched, most trusted" is equally frightening. I wouldn't trust Faux News even if they were reporting on how many American kitchens have cockroaches.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
Yeah, but their new slogan, "Most watched, most trusted" is equally frightening. I wouldn't trust Faux News even if they were reporting on how many American kitchens have cockroaches.

That's awfully Trumpian - prioritizing ratings over anything else. "Most watched" - so what? "Most trusted" - by whom?

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fits right in with the so-called "movie reviews" in my local paper, which disclose little or nothing about plots, directing, acting, stars, etc., but instead reveal how much the film grossed at the box office on opening weekend. Such "reviews" belong on the finance page, IMO.

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Posts: 374 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged
The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by churchgeek:
quote:

That's awfully Trumpian - prioritizing ratings over anything else. "Most watched" - so what? "Most trusted" - by whom?
Like those adverts where they tell us that they have been voted* "Product of the year".

*by 66 respondents on an online survey.

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's an ad in which a healthy-looking man says how much lower his cholesterol is since he changed to *product*.
Changed from what? Butter? Olive oil spread? margarine?
(Come to think of it, I don't think margarine is sold these days.)
I should make a note of his product and see how it's labelled in the store.

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know the ad because I don't watch TV, but butter substitutes usually come under the category of table spreads in the supermarket, which always seems weird because they are in the dairy aisle, rather than with the peanut butter, honey, jam, and,vegemite which are labelled just as spreads.

I have been told that in the 1950s customers in NZ needed some kind of special medical dispensation to buy margarine - because everyone knows NZ butter is good for you and the best in the world [Roll Eyes] (and the farmers needed trade protection).

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
cattyish:
quote:
I've been listening to little else but Verdi's LaTraviata for about 2 months due to being in it at Haddo House.
*high-five* I've just been in a different production of Traviata down here in Jorvik. Now faced with the challenge of forgetting all the Traviata words so I have enough memory for the songs I've been learning for my Grade 6 singing exam... (I know all the words, I just can't be relied on to sing them in the right order) Maybe after that I will get to the random musical selections.

[ 27. June 2017, 11:39: Message edited by: Jane R ]

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jane R:
I've just been in a different production of Traviata down here in Jorvik. Now faced with the challenge of forgetting all the Traviata words.

You will -- but every now and then they'll come streaming back at unlikely moments. The brain is interesting that way.

I've decided to audition for a musical at a local amateur theater company. They're doing Frankenstein and Christmas Carol among others. I really don't expect to get a part, but I think I'd make a good Scrooge.

I have to prepare one song and one dramatic monolog. I've chosen "Send In The Clowns" from A Little Night Music and one of the Marquis de Sade's monologues from Peter Weiss' Marat/Sade. Talk about strange bedfellows!

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I have to prepare one song and one dramatic monolog. I've chosen "Send In The Clowns" from A Little Night Music and one of the Marquis de Sade's monologues from Peter Weiss' Marat/Sade. Talk about strange bedfellows!

Do you have to bring your own bathtub for the Marat/Sade?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

No. Marat is in the bathtub. I'm reading a Sade monologue.

I always wanted to play the role. When I was at college, I was active in the Theater Guild and on the committee that selected plays. I suggested Marat/Sade but was poo-pooed: too difficult, involves musicians, etc. Wouldn't you know, the very year after I graduated, they did it! [Mad]

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I've decided to audition for a musical at a local amateur theater company. They're doing Frankenstein and Christmas Carol among others. I really don't expect to get a part, but I think I'd make a good Scrooge.

You know your fellow Arizona Shipmates will want to hear more about this!

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just stumbled across this and thought you all might enjoy it.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
I just stumbled across this and thought you all might enjoy it.

Moo

[Overused]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jane R:
cattyish:
quote:
I've been listening to little else but Verdi's LaTraviata for about 2 months due to being in it at Haddo House.
*high-five* I've just been in a different production of Traviata down here in Jorvik. Now faced with the challenge of forgetting all the Traviata words so I have enough memory for the songs I've been learning for my Grade 6 singing exam... (I know all the words, I just can't be relied on to sing them in the right order) Maybe after that I will get to the random musical selections.
Ooh! How did it go?

Cattyish, sans singing teacher for the past fortnight.

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

I just want to post in praise of AAA (I believe it stands for American Automobile Association--but everybody just calls it "Triple A"). I have been a member for years. It provides (among other things) "roadside" assistance for vehicles in emergencies.

Today, my car was struggling to start with a number of symptoms that convinced me that there was either (a) a major malfunction of the electrical system or (b) a dying battery. The battery sounded cheaper, so I was hoping that was it. I made it in to work (because the car did start eventually) but I was worried because I am going on a trip tomorrow and I had no desire to have a dead battery while away from home.

Solution? I called AAA. They have a battery service where they can drive out to where your car is, test your current battery (if you want) and then (if needed) replace it right then and there. So I called. At first, the AAA rep estimated that the truck would be with me in "no more than 61 minutes" (which struck me as ludicrously precise). Only 5 or 10 minutes later, the guy in the truck called to state that he would arrive in about 15 minutes. He came, tested my battery (it came back "bad cell") and replaced it with a new battery, checking with his technical equipment to make sure he had a proper battery for my make/model of car.

Everything went so smoothly (including the member discount on the battery) and quickly. I told him (and I absolutely believe it) that if I had driven to a dealership to have this taken care of I would still be cooling my heels in the waiting room by the time AAA had everything done.

Excellent service. Very satisfied.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

AAA membership is one thing I buy every year in the hope that I will never use it. On the occasions that I've needed them, they've been wonderful -- and I literally don't know what I would have done without them.

--------------------
~Tortuf

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Swear by AAA. I joined because we were going to be taking a long road trip, and then a few weeks later couldn't start the car to go to the store. AAA to the rescue! We are of course still members.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.

The Runes of the Earth.

Chapter 'I am content' p. 126

The COMMUNITY of RETRIBUTION

You are worthless. Broken. Empty of faith. Without value to God or man or Satan. Unworthy even of damnation.

Spellbinding, compelling horror just repeating it.

Lord Foul to Linden Avery.

Enthroned just now I got to the end of the chapter 'The Will of the Ranyhyn', p. 485. Just remembering my eyes are hot. Upstairs I burst in to tears.

Enlightenment: 'Then she surged upright and began to run with the Ranyhyn, run and run frantically, flinging herself like ecstasy or abjection around the dell as if she had gone out of her mind.'.

Dark.

And light.

Then back to cleaning the toilet.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
anoesis
Shipmate
# 14189

- Posted      Profile for anoesis   Email anoesis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So - yesterday afternoon, when the kids were (as per usual) driving me bonkers with endless requests for food and equally endless refusals to eat apples, bananas, or toast, I sent the following text to my absent other half:

"Help! Am being assaulted by angry, entitled, children who think snacks are a fundamental human right."

I had typed in, "Help! Am being assaulted by-" and looked down at the three suggested words underneath the message. In centre space, I kid you not, was the word "priests". [Ultra confused] My phone sure didn't learn that from any previous messaging of mine...

--------------------
The history of humanity give one little hope that strength left to its own devices won't be abused. Indeed, it gives one little ground to think that strength would continue to exist if it were not abused. -- Dafyd --

Posts: 993 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
wild haggis
Shipmate
# 15555

- Posted      Profile for wild haggis         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Watching a very fat wood pigeon, through the window, trying to get onto a thin branch beside my wee bird-feeder, and it keeps falling off. But keeps trying. Hilarious.

He'll have to go hungry but it has given me amusement on a blowy, cold, cloudy day. We have somehow lost summer in Britain. Has anyone found it? Can you return it to us please?

Maybe the pigeon has flown off with summer and we now have autumn!

--------------------
wild haggis

Posts: 166 | From: Cardiff | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Courtesy of a friend, we now have a new family saying when something goes wrong and it's NOTHING TO DO WITH US- "Not my circus, not my monkeys". Sums things up pretty well.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
anoesis
Shipmate
# 14189

- Posted      Profile for anoesis   Email anoesis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I promise I won't turn this thread into 'Kids Say the Darnedest Things' - but there's a couple of doozys from this week.

Had my daughter with me when out shopping, and I tried on a jumper and pair of jeans. She came into the changing room with me, and looked on. As I was turning this way and that, she said, "Mummy, I really like that jumper, you should buy it. But I don't think you should get those jeans." "Oh, why not?" say I. "Well, they're a bit tight already, aren't they - so they probably won't fit you for very long." "Do you think I might be getting fatter, then?" "Oh, definitely." Great, just great...

Then this one. A bit of background. There's not heaps I like about the way I look, but I do like my eyes. I have green eyes, and green is my favourite colour. They're not really brilliant green, like redheads have, more grey-green, wet river rocks, sort of thing. But I like them. So, I'm towelling off my son, after a bath, crouching down - so my eyes are about level with his. "Mummy", he says, "you know what?" 'What, then?" I ask. "Your eyes are the colour of snot, Mummy..."

--------------------
The history of humanity give one little hope that strength left to its own devices won't be abused. Indeed, it gives one little ground to think that strength would continue to exist if it were not abused. -- Dafyd --

Posts: 993 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I knew there was a reason I decided to have cats, rather than kids. [Biased]

Huia

[ 20. August 2017, 20:23: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At most this life is conception.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
Courtesy of a friend, we now have a new family saying when something goes wrong and it's NOTHING TO DO WITH US- "Not my circus, not my monkeys". Sums things up pretty well.

In the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" books, by Douglas Adams, there's something called an "SEP field". Idea is that most people will ignore something, if they think it's Somebody Else's Problem. That's the basis of a spaceship invisibility cloak.
[Cool]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wild haggis:
Watching a very fat wood pigeon, through the window, trying to get onto a thin branch beside my wee bird-feeder, and it keeps falling off. But keeps trying. Hilarious.

He'll have to go hungry but it has given me amusement on a blowy, cold, cloudy day. We have somehow lost summer in Britain. Has anyone found it? Can you return it to us please?

Maybe the pigeon has flown off with summer and we now have autumn!

Our wood pigeons are notoriously stupid; there's a bird sanctuary that has a special rehabilitation cage where they're brought if they've flown into a pane of glass. And they do break the smaller twigs off a favourite shrub whose fruit they like, by trying to perch on them.

And a word for the New Zealand AA. Turned the key and the car wouldn't start, I had an appointment so had to get a taxi. When I got home I called the AA. The man sat down and switched on the engine, no trouble. The explanation: Automatic car, you cannot take the key out of its slot unless the gear is in the Park position. But the key had become worn and I had withdrawn it on my previous outing when it was in Drive. So it wouldn't start when I put it back in. The man had simply moved it to Park and started the engine. Answer: Using the spare key which hadn't had much use – and remembering to put it in Park before trying to take the key out.
GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
In the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" books, by Douglas Adams, there's something called an "SEP field". Idea is that most people will ignore something, if they think it's Somebody Else's Problem. That's the basis of a spaceship invisibility cloak.
[Cool]

I love that bit and "Somebody else's problem."

"The best kind to have really".

GG I saw some kereru (wood pigeons) absolutely strip the seeds off a kowhai when I was in Wellington recently - they may not be bright, but then can be efficient. The one piece of ornithological advice I remember from High school science was, " Never walk under any berry tree where there is a kereru eating". The warning was to avoid the copious amounts of poo pigeons excrete.

Huia

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

Huia's advice:
quote:
The one piece of ornithological advice I remember from High school science was, " Never walk under any berry tree where there is a kereru eating". The warning was to avoid the copious amounts of poo pigeons excrete.
And if you drive to a convenient bus stop, don't park your car under any tree covered with berries.

GG

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Putting in a plug for new TV show: "The Orville", on Fox broadcast.

It's sci-fi. Partly a shout-out to "Star Trek", especially the movies. (I think bits of the music were...borrowed.) A *little bit* of a spoof. There's humor and wit--BUT serious stuff, too.

I've seen two episodes so far. I'm already a fan of a particular character.

Anyway, it's worth seeing. Will be interesting to watch how it grows.
[Yipee]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

quote:
The more frequently a household attends worship services, the more likely its members donate to religious institution...
A new report has concluded that those who go to Church tend to donate to Church more than those who don't go to Church. Thank God for research! I don't think I'd have ever figured that out without paying somebody to research it!

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow. My brain explodes.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK a bit late but as some on the book of Face know, one guy (probably a student) for Halloween dressed up as Jesus. Not just that he must have been fairly high church as he was carrying a bottle of wine and a ciabatta.

I am still trying to work this out as whether he was really clueless, trying to take the piss or subvert Halloween.

Jengie

[ 07. November 2017, 12:30: Message edited by: Jengie jon ]

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A Ciabatta? Should have been Pitta Bread!
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The wine was white as far as I can tell too!

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016