homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Extravagant Living (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Extravagant Living
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
I feel you all aren’t trying hard enough here. How’s about some really obscenely expensive indulgence?

Is this the moment to admit a have a little, ahem… weakness for Michelin-starred restaurants?

Darling, the Guide doesn't even send inspectors to Canada.

[Waterworks]

Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
King Island camembert cheese. Lindt dark chocolate covered almonds or hazelnuts. Frangelico liquer. Sigh. All lovely, but I try to limit the intake now to special occasions.

Fortunately in a large family it is not too long between special occasions!

BL. Not destined to be a skinny old lady any time soon.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I feel you all aren’t trying hard enough here. How’s about some really obscenely expensive indulgence?

Is this the moment to admit a have a little, ahem… weakness for Michelin-starred restaurants?

It may horrify you to learn that in nearly 50 years on the planet the poshest place I've ever eaten is here: http://www.scotsmanspackcountryinn.co.uk/menus

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually, Karl, it looks quite nice. I would rather have an outstanding beef pie and mash than an indifferent bit of wankery garnished with seared foie gras. I still remember a particular venison pie I had in Moulin, Scotland about ten years ago. Perfection. Your post has given me an idea for my next hike in the UK - I must do some research.
Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
chris stiles
Shipmate
# 12641

- Posted      Profile for chris stiles   Email chris stiles   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I could cop to that - and while I don't eat out much any more, I like good ingredients and sometimes spend what must seem like an inordinate amount of time on preparation.

I also like smelling nice - though the expense of a decent cologne can be spread out over quite a long time

Posts: 4035 | From: Berkshire | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Human indicators are rather extravagant.

Japanese PM.

[ 28. October 2017, 21:52: Message edited by: Ian Climacus ]

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ginger Spice flavour Jude's ice cream...yes...

with Maple Syrup...yesyes

and....

half a capful of brandy

YES

Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016