homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Dirty little secrets (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Dirty little secrets
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When candidating for my present Pastorate, I was asked, "Do you like children?" This was important as the church seeks to be very child-friendly.

I didn't have the wit to reply, "It depends: do you mean roast, boiled or fried?" [Devil] What I actually said (truthfully) was that I like most children, most of the time.

[ 14. September 2017, 10:48: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jane R:
wild haggis:
quote:
All those folk who don't like children! I can guess what they were like as kids from their descriptions. It takes one to know one. We were all once kids Or were they born fully formed adults - poor mothers if they were!
Well, I think that's a bit unfair. I can see where these people are coming from; I don't like all children. I like some people who happen to be children at the moment.

I like chip butties, but this is not really a secret as part of the pleasure of eating them is due to Other Half and Daughter pretending to be embarrassed when I have one...

Why would this cause embarrassment?

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They think I am being Common. Or at least, that's what they *say*. I think they just like pretending to be embarrassed. Having dinner in a fish and chip shop is Common anyway, to those who worry about such things.

[ 14. September 2017, 13:46: Message edited by: Jane R ]

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Baptist Trainfan:
When candidating for my present Pastorate, I was asked, "Do you like children?" This was important as the church seeks to be very child-friendly.

I didn't have the wit to reply, "It depends: do you mean roast, boiled or fried?" [Devil] What I actually said (truthfully) was that I like most children, most of the time.

In an interview, if you want the job, you should be yourself, but if this isn't what the people hiring are looking for, then be someone else, rather quickly!
Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
posted by JaneR
quote:
They think I am being Common. Or at least, that's what they *say*. I think they just like pretending to be embarrassed. Having dinner in a fish and chip shop is Common anyway, to those who worry about such things.
The only people who worry about things, situations, or people, being "common" are the nouveau middle-class [Two face]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, that's why I think they're just pretending to be embarrassed. We're not nouveau anything.
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LutheranChik:
I lied to my Fitbit albout what I ate today.

[Killing me]

It's hard to be honest when it's only a machine!

I tried Slimming World online, it didn't help me at all - I need a human to be answerable to.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Clarence
Shipmate
# 9491

- Posted      Profile for Clarence   Email Clarence   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
DLSs?

I'm not particularly fond of country music, but I love the banjo (and relate to Billy Connolly suggesting that it should be played on a porch in close proximity to a chicken).

I adore bagpipe music and go weak at the knees at a solitary piper or a full pipe band.

I knit wild tea cosies and silly hats.

--------------------
I scraped my knees while I was praying - Paramore

Posts: 793 | From: Over the rainbow | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
anoesis
Shipmate
# 14189

- Posted      Profile for anoesis   Email anoesis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clarence:
DLSs?

... I love the banjo (and relate to Billy Connolly suggesting that it should be played on a porch in close proximity to a chicken).

Tick!

quote:
I adore bagpipe music and go weak at the knees at a solitary piper or a full pipe band.

Absolutely, tick! The more the merrier.

quote:
I knit wild tea cosies and silly hats.

While not a dirty little secret, exactly, it is kind of shameful that I can't co-ordinate a pair of knitting needles any more than I can bring something successfully to my mouth with a pair of chopsticks...

--------------------
The history of humanity give one little hope that strength left to its own devices won't be abused. Indeed, it gives one little ground to think that strength would continue to exist if it were not abused. -- Dafyd --

Posts: 993 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Baptist Trainfan:

Here is a list you could have given them [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Smile]
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like long hair on a man and find male ponytails and man-buns quite attractive

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not long hair in the man-buns, Miss Amanda should hope. [Ultra confused]

(She'll get her wrap.)

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another DLS

I'm a popaholic - I love to watch Dr Pimplepopper videos on Youtube

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kitten, I once watched a YouTube video about someone pulling out a loo-oo-ong black hair embedded and coiled up in a swollen pus-headed pimple under their chin. It was ghoulish, revolting and utterly fascinating.

Never again, that way lies madness.

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dirty Little Secret?

Our cat poops in ornamental jars, preferably when they are on window sills.........

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When asked about a meal I use "subtle" as a euphemism for "utterly bloody tasteless." But then I prefer traditional chips and pies, meat and veg to the arty farty gumph that most cafes favoured by my friends and family tend to serve. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stercus Tauri:

... back in grammar school, I had been a hooker.

Which is a sentence to be used only in certain contexts [Razz]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Such as this one.
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
But then I prefer traditional chips and pies, meat and veg to the arty farty gumph that most cafes favoured by my friends and family tend to serve.

We had fish and chips (from the chippie) tonight, as we were too lazy to cook.
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

I love watching ‘Gogglebox’ [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MaryLouise:
Kitten, I once watched a YouTube video about someone pulling out a loo-oo-ong black hair embedded and coiled up in a swollen pus-headed pimple under their chin. It was ghoulish, revolting and utterly fascinating.

Now I understand all those people who are angling for a "like" button.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MaryLouise:

Even the imagined recreation of this is a fantastic dietary aid. One cannot intake food if one is simultaneously expelling it.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It is a work of art. A finer specimen of descriptive narrative I have rarely seen.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
It is a work of art. A finer specimen of descriptive narrative I have rarely seen.

No one said art need be pretty, I suppose.

[ 01. October 2017, 18:54: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Revulsion in modern art is a big thing.

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
True confession: A friend of ours says she hates onion and garlic and asks us to not put them in food we bring to her dinners and parties. But we know that she only hates the onion and garlic when she can see the pieces in the food, so we chop everything as finely as possible, and she loves our food. [Devil]

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We used to know a couple like that, LutheranChik, but they loved my kipper pâté, which is probably more garlic than kippers.

As you say, as long as you don't tell them ... [Devil]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That sort of subterfuge is OK if it's only a matter of liking/disliking, but a bit tough if the guest is allergic to the food.
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I say the same thing about garlic, but really it's the smell: no garlic bread, no aioli, no Italian kitchens (cue churning stomach [Projectile] ) If it's in food with no obvious garlicky smell, however, then there's no problem. Maybe it's the same with your friends?

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

I used to serve up wobbly servings of vanilla pannacotta to a vegetarian friend without realising the gelatin had animal products in it. A confession of ignorance, not deliberate deception. Now I use agar-agar. And before inviting vegan friends around, I double-check all my condiments.

I don't mind deceiving friends who are only fussy about disliking certain ingredients and who eat them in disguise (garlic-haters). I wouldn't secretly serve volatilised alcohol in dishes to a recovering alcoholic because I understand that even the smell or a faint winey taste can trigger cravings. When I know people have strongly held objections on ethical grounds to animal products, I respect that. One friend is a vegetarian who occasionally eats bacon and likes fish and chicken without specifying why or when. I don't know I'd bother to tell her I've put chicken stock not root-vegetable stock in a casserole.

A tricky slope.

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Cathscats
Shipmate
# 17827

- Posted      Profile for Cathscats   Email Cathscats   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was an undergrad, a long long time ago, one year I lived in a house with four others. One of the others declared that she didn't like tuna. But we were poor students, we more or less lived on tuna, so the rest of us conspired to hide the cans and tell her that what was in the sauce poured over the pasta was chicken. She never did twig. I expect she wonders now why her chicken never tastes quite like those delicious things we ate as students!

--------------------
"...damp hands and theological doubts - the two always seem to go together..." (O. Douglas, "The Setons")

Posts: 176 | From: Central Highlands | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I also had a student flatmate with a habit of declaring she didn’t like things without trying them. One of the things she refused to eat in any shape or form was eggs. I served her a soufflé without telling her how it’s made and she liked it. Only afterwards did I say “so you do like eggs after all”.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Polly Plummer:
That sort of subterfuge is OK if it's only a matter of liking/disliking, but a bit tough if the guest is allergic to the food.

I avoid foods with onion and garlic also, which can make it difficult to find a suitable dish at potlucks and at some of our favorite restaurants. I love the taste, but it gives me industrial-strength dragon breath for several days afterwards.
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
I also had a student flatmate with a habit of declaring she didn’t like things without trying them. One of the things she refused to eat in any shape or form was eggs. I served her a soufflé without telling her how it’s made and she liked it. Only afterwards did I say “so you do like eggs after all”.

This sort of game is played on me periodically, and makes me feel sorely aggrieved, consider breaking off friendships, salt their coffee and dream of duels at dawn. Wouldst thou also secretly serve meat products to vegetarians, pork to Jews and Muslims, communion to Beelzebub?

Story:

I do not eat yoghourt in any form regardless of the spelling (yogurt, yoghurt, yogourt, yuckgourt), its attested fruitiness, alleged intestinal benefits from patented bacteria, its Greek pudding-like texture, nor the suggested similarity in frozen form to icecream. --My mother was fully incompetent, lazy and uncaring in the kitchen. Liked to open tins of food and stand them directly on stove burners or in a pan of water to heat up the contents. How she loved an electric frying pan filled with an inch of water and the cooking labels of tinned stew, alphagetti, peas and beans.

To the point to the story:

She thought powdered milk was a grand thing, low cost for 50 lbs at a go. She would mix up the milk and turn it into a form of this yuckgourt stuff. Later she figured out how to add tofu to it, and also to make icing for cakes from the yogourt-tofu snot. So I don't eat the glairy substance out of as much conviction as any vegetarian and more than most gluten avoiders, with the addition gustatory trauma (I feel nausea coming even typing about it). So if you decide to slip yoghourt to me, you'd best not tell me and pray to eternal God for forgiveness and the strength to maintain the deception to the grave and beyond!

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Polly Plummer:

I'm not sure it's ok even then. I know parents often do it if a child refuses to eat certain things. Sometimes, kids have a food sensitivity, and the grown-ups don't realize it.

Lots of people have food sensitivities, and/or were forced to eat certain things, and/or have negative emotional baggage associated with particular food, and/or have private religious/ethical dietary practices, **and/or have health problems that you don't know about, like diabetes**, and/or simply don't like a particular food.

Hosts, please be really, really careful.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

Mine is a clean little secret.

I don’t have sweaty feet at all, but I like to change my socks at least three times a day [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:

I do not eat yoghourt in any form regardless of the spelling (yogurt, yoghurt, yogourt, yuckgourt)

My grandma hated it too.

She called it yogmuck.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ArachnidinElmet:
I say the same thing about garlic, but really it's the smell: no garlic bread, no aioli, no Italian kitchens (cue churning stomach [Projectile] ) If it's in food with no obvious garlicky smell, however, then there's no problem. Maybe it's the same with your friends?

Not really: there was one restaurant where they would cheerfully eat the garlic bread. [Ultra confused]

If they'd genuinely been allergic, obviously I wouldn't have given them anything with garlic in it. It was more of an affectation: he was a bit "unreconstructed" and didn't really like anything "foreign" - including the people ... [Eek!]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
ExclamationMark
Shipmate
# 14715

- Posted      Profile for ExclamationMark   Email ExclamationMark   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Breakfast whilst having a bath
Posts: 3845 | From: A new Jerusalem | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My latest secret is so shameful that I can only tell it here where hardly anyone knows me. We now have a car with an automatic transmission.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
My latest secret is so shameful that I can only tell it here where hardly anyone knows me. We now have a car with an automatic transmission.

It's virtually impossible to find a car with standard transmission in the U.S. I've driven nothing but stick shifts for the past 35+ years, and people think I'm strange (which I probably am, but not because I drive a stick shift).

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:

That is not a proper car, but an oversized children's toy. Hang your head in shame.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Re: "smuggling" ingredients past unsuspecting guests

posted by LutheranChik
quote:
True confession: A friend of ours says she hates onion and garlic and asks us to not put them in food we bring to her dinners and parties. But we know that she only hates the onion and garlic when she can see the pieces in the food, so we chop everything as finely as possible, and she loves our food.
posted by Polly Plummer
quote:
Indeed. Which is why I carry an epipen.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I try to carry stuff in case cranberries might have been creatively thrown into the salad/cider/sangria/stuffing/what have you. People don't tell you, because who the hell is allergic to cranberries? Besides me, I mean. And they often have no clue what is in their fruit whatsit.

[ 13. October 2017, 16:03: Message edited by: Lamb Chopped ]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

I’m allergic to melon - same problem.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Mr Clingford
Shipmate
# 7961

- Posted      Profile for Mr Clingford   Email Mr Clingford   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Although I am in my mid-forties, and mildly respectable, I still like eating a kebab now and again, a wonderful relic of my various student days.

--------------------
Ne'er cast a clout till May be out.

If only.

Posts: 1660 | From: A Fleeting moment | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016