homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » I like this, but clearly not everybody does (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: I like this, but clearly not everybody does
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is for agingjb who likes the concept of the 'unpopular opinions' thread but would rather just read about things people LIKE and not things they DON'T LIKE. And it's hard to argue with him. That thread seems to have descended into "this thing that everybody likes really sucks." So let's keep it positive! What are some apparently unpopular things that you like? What about them appeals to you (if applicable)?

I'll start. I like "Never Gonna Give You Up." I think it has a nice message, decent singing, and excellent instrumentation/production. It's a solid 1980's pop song.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like eggnog.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I really like sprouts [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nick Tamen

Ship's Wayfaring Fool
# 15164

- Posted      Profile for Nick Tamen     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like—no, I love—liver.

--------------------
The first thing God says to Moses is, "Take off your shoes." We are on holy ground. Hard to believe, but the truest thing I know. — Anne Lamott

Posts: 2833 | From: On heaven-crammed earth | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eggnog, sprouts and liver (fried, with bacon and onions) -- [Axe murder]

And a ham sandwich with mayonnaise, not mustard.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like both haggis and black pudding.

I am a medium to hot curry person (I do not enjoy mild ones)

100% chocolate in small doses.

Oh and I like both Marmite and Vegemite but have been known to draw the line at low salt yeast extract (actually I do not know anyone who hasn't).

Jengie

[ 22. November 2017, 20:10: Message edited by: Jengie jon ]

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another member of Club Sprout here.

On another note, I rather like Danny Boyle's Sunshine, in spite of it being regarded as one of his lessgood films.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am in complete agreement, for once, with our dear old Miz Amanda (although I am now vegetarian).

I do object about ham sammiches. Real mayonnaise on one side, hot English mustard on the other.

And Jengie: Marry me and take me away from my miserable existence. [Biased]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
GreyFace
Shipmate
# 4682

- Posted      Profile for GreyFace   Email GreyFace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
I'll start. I like "Never Gonna Give You Up."

Just sayin' ...
Posts: 5748 | From: North East England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GreyFace:
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
I'll start. I like "Never Gonna Give You Up."

Just sayin' ...
That's fabulous.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, I like 1960's bubblegum. Some of it anyway, like "Quick Joey Small" and "Na Na, Hey Hey, Kiss Him Goodbye".
Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I believe that a cricket tea is not complete without egg sandwiches.

Mostly because the after-effects are the only thing that gives me enough velocity to get the ball to the other end...

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Takes a deep breath - I like playing the banjo.

--------------------
Distrust simple answers to complicated questions

Posts: 129 | From: Essex England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I loved Assassins Creed Unity, the environments were beautiful, especially the sunsets.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another lover of sprouts here! Yum. Roasted. Yum. Buttered.

I love okra! I love it boiled and slimy better than fried!

And grits! Yummy!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, I love brussels sprouts too. We should probably all post our recipes on the Recipes topic.
I am a hopeless fan of Breaking Cat News, which is an entirely silly comic strip about, yes you guessed it, cats.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like -- no, I adore -- fruitcake.

Sprouts are OK. Properly cooked.

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Posts: 374 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ohher:
Sprouts are OK. Properly cooked.

So are cats. Oops, wrong thread.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ohher:
I like -- no, I adore -- fruitcake.

Doesn't everybody?

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Agree with Sipech about Sunshine, especially the 2001esque denoument(not a spoiler, since the allusion is mostly visual, not plot related). Though having seen it twice, I'm not in a hurry to see it again.

As I mentioned on the other thread, I preferred Three's Company with Furley as the landlord rather than the Ropers, and Terri as the blonde rather than Chrissy. I was a teenager when the show was in its heyday, and the Ropers seemed aimed at an older audience(what with all the sexless marriage jokes), and Chrissy, by contrast, seemed aimed at people with a juvenile sense of humour. Neither had much appeal to me.

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm incredibly delighted that we have someone around these parts who cares so deeply about "Three's Company" that it gets two posts.

On the bad old sitcom front, I'm a 36 year old man, and I enjoy watching "Full House." There, I said it.

My wife owned two seasons when we got married, and I always made fun of her. But then the daughter came along, and one day, my wife put it on for her, and she was hooked (she likes seeing other little girls on TV). It wasn't long before I was watching here and there.

And you know what? You will get a good, sincere laugh at least once during any episode. Yeah, it's still totally cheesy, and I still cringe every time Dave Coulier launches into one of his impressions. But especially given some stuff that the girl wants to watch, I'm always down for Full House.

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I enjoy fall and winter. Rain, Snow bring it on.
Love fruitcake, sprouts, and dark chocolate.

Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nick Tamen

Ship's Wayfaring Fool
# 15164

- Posted      Profile for Nick Tamen     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Necco wafers are my favorite candy. Really.

--------------------
The first thing God says to Moses is, "Take off your shoes." We are on holy ground. Hard to believe, but the truest thing I know. — Anne Lamott

Posts: 2833 | From: On heaven-crammed earth | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Tamen:
Necco wafers are my favorite candy. Really.

When as kids we "played church," we always used the white ones as communion wafers.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love Necco wafers, too! The wintergreen ones are my favorite!

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nick Tamen

Ship's Wayfaring Fool
# 15164

I like the clove ones best.

And Miss Amanda, I’ve known of Catholic parishes that use them to practice for First Communion. I’ve always figured that the “taste” of actual communion wafers must be a real let- down after that.

--------------------

Kaplan Corday
Shipmate
# 16119

- Posted      Profile for Kaplan Corday         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Diomedes:
Takes a deep breath - I like playing the banjo.

Isn't the definition of a gentleman someone who could play the banjo, but doesn't?

Or is that the saxophone?

When I was a child I loved brains and cod liver oil.

I haven't been game to try either since.

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like broad (fava) beans. My neighbour kindly passed on some that she had been given [Yipee] She had been planning to compost them if I didn't like them.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like every song from David Cassidy and the Partridge Family and learned the (undemanding) lyrics off by heart in the '70s. As a teenager I was less keen on David Cassidy himself, because he was so much prettier than me.

I Think I Love You

Daydreamer

[ 23. November 2017, 03:54: Message edited by: MaryLouise ]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like candy corn, especially the good stuff that's made with honey.

I like some fruitcake, if it's moist, and I love egg nog.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No. 1 sprout fan here.

Christmas cake with Wensleydale cheese is traditional, but it's much better with Stilton.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Ćbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Absolutely (my wife doesn't like blue cheeses though).
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nicole--

quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemr:
I like candy corn, especially the good stuff that's made with honey.

I like it, too. Do you eat it piece by piece, or section by section? I prefer the latter.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
And Miss Amanda, I’ve known of Catholic parishes that use them to practice for First Communion. I’ve always figured that the “taste” of actual communion wafers must be a real let- down after that.

Just about anything would be better than those styrofoam-like wafers some churches use.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Higgs Bosun
Shipmate
# 16582

- Posted      Profile for Higgs Bosun   Email Higgs Bosun   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kaplan Corday:

When I was a child I loved brains and cod liver oil.

I haven't been game to try either since.

When I was a child we had halibut liver oil capsules - loved them. Now I have to make do with cod liver oil capsules. I like to bite into them - lovely.

Oh, and I like to munch on uncooked dried pasta.

Posts: 313 | From: Near the Tidal Thames | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I actually really like durian......providing I remember not to breath in through my nose.

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ditto, durian is delicious even if you feel as if you're eating ambrosia with your head stuck down an unflushed toilet.

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I really like horseradish. And Shelley Duvall's performance in The Shining.

--------------------

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
{tangent alert}

Many years ago I knew an elderly man who was one of the engineers that designed the machinery to make Necco wafers.

{/tangent alert}

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

quote:
Originally posted by fletcher christian:
I actually really like durian......providing I remember not to breath in through my nose.

Had to Google it -- never heard of it. From what Wikipedia says about it, I don't think I'd like it.

I was especially intrigued by this quote:

quote:
This strong odour can be detected half a mile away by animals, thus luring them. In addition, the fruit is extremely appetising to a variety of animals, including squirrels, mouse deer, pigs, orangutan, elephants, and even carnivorous tigers.
Not anyone I'd care to invite to my table. Well, maybe an orangutan or two might be interesting.

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like fish and everything about fishiness. I want stinky and messy fish. Oysters are my favourite. Straight up chew 'em up savour it all. Sardines for breakfast as I write this.
Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I eat apples core and all, always have done [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You and me both Boogie, the pips, cyanide and all, have a nice almondy taste.

I had wondered about adding sardines as something I like, also whitebait, most fish and shellfish, but I don't like oysters raw.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Graven Image:
I enjoy fall and winter. Rain, Snow bring it on.
Love fruitcake, sprouts, and dark chocolate.

Me too. In fact seeing this I might try them together.

Fruitcake and cheese together is great, especially Wensleydale.

{Spel chekk thinks there's a Wesleyan cheese. Silly spel chekk.}

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I like—no, I love—liver.

Yes. LRP's liver bacon and pea risotto is to die from...

Cough cough... I did not mean that ...cough cough.

I mean to die FOR.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

I actually think The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran is a nice little piece of writing. And no, this is not because of some general weakness for inspirational literature, as I really hate The Little Prince.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Golden Key, I eat it whole piece at a time, sometimes multiple pieces. Yum!

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bergkaese, or Mountain Cheese, from Southern Germany, or Austria (I think that's what it's called).

It smells like freshly-dumped dog-poo, but tastes wonderful, and goes down well with PORT. It can, IIRC, be obtained in Ukland sometimes, by those with strong constitutions, from specialist cheese shops.

(I recall travelling on a rush-hour bus into Innsbruck with Mrs. BF. We wondered where on earth the vile smell was coming from, until we realised that it was from the freshly-filled cheese rolls in our bags on the luggage rack. The entire bus-load of locals ignored the smell completely, AFAIK).

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Enoch
Shipmate
# 14322

- Posted      Profile for Enoch   Email Enoch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I agree. I like sprouts. And liver, especially pigs liver fried with onions. I also think quite a lot of soups are improved by adding a bit of yoghurt, and some by adding marmite. Toasted cheese is particularly nice toasted with marmite and pickle.

Porridge is the best thing to have for breakfast, but it's best eaten with milk and some form of brown sugar - I prefer Demerara. Nothing arcane and spartan. But it really sets you up for the day.

I also like quite a lot of folk and folk-crossover, particularly our more indigenous sorts, and particularly if the instruments used aren't guitars. Some of it tries to sing about more complex issues than ordinary pop.

I also like Kate Bush, partly for the same reason and partly because she's got a good voice. I also think Karen Carpenter had a good voice.

Are those embarrassing enough admissions for this thread?

--------------------
Brexit wrexit - Sir Graham Watson

Posts: 7610 | From: Bristol UK(was European Green Capital 2015, now Ljubljana) | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

quote:
I also think Karen Carpenter had a good voice.

I'm take-it-or-leave-it on Karen's voice, but I think the Carpenters had some pretty good songs, eg. Yesterday Once More and Top Of The World. Granted, this might owe at least as much to the writers as to the performers.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016