homepage
  ship of fools rowers  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » The Simmies 2009   » Introduction and questions (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Introduction and questions
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll ban anybody/everybody who votes against me.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Razz]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Let him ban you. I'll send chocolate - lots and lots of chocolate.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
Let him ban you. I'll send chocolate - lots and lots of chocolate.

To whom? Lyda*Rose or RooK?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All of you that support me in the quest for ultimate recognition, of course.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

- Posted      Profile for East Price Road   Email East Price Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A second link to a post in a nominations list seems to have gone missing. Can anyone please find the first of the two links for wheelie_racer in the list of nominations for Newbie of the Year? The thread was entitled ""Need for a theology of disability" dated 05 July 2008 in Purgatory.

--------------------
"Fishes stop and ask me where I'm bound." (Incredible String Band)

Posts: 739 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

- Posted      Profile for East Price Road   Email East Price Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just to add to the above: I've done searches in Oblivion, Dead Horses, and Limbo, but haven't found the thread. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

--------------------
"Fishes stop and ask me where I'm bound." (Incredible String Band)

Posts: 739 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
East Price Road, the link is now fixed.

Flausa
In Today's Red Carpet Gown

Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dang. I imagined you in a slinky gown made of some sort of red tapestry... a real red carpet gown.

That one's nice, tho.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, I'm not wearing that dress again today. In fact, I really must get ready soon. The festivities are to begin in just about an hour and a half. So much to do ...
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
... vote for Gort, Hell Denizen of the Year... I promise to restore animosity and discord to the Nether Regions no matter how liturgically lame...

Blink.

I have got to stop trying to read posts before I've awakened properly. I didn't quite get that you were talking about the Nether Regions of the Ship's Boards.

I suppose you could acquire tons of previously undecided votes by promising to stir up some excitement in voters' nether regions.

--------------------

Lord Pontivillian
Shipmate
# 14308

- Posted      Profile for Lord Pontivillian   Author's homepage   Email Lord Pontivillian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
15 mins to go and counting

--------------------
The Church in Wales is Ancient, Catholic and Deformed - Typo found in old catechism.

Posts: 665 | From: Horsham | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been away and only now see the Simmie results.
Can someone explain to me the meaning(s) of the Sig of the Year, please:

"Anglo-cthulhic"

I can only see it pronounces as a slurry Anglo-Catholic but surely there must be some hidden depth in it? (I am a non-native speaker, so this is a genuine question not me playing daft).

--------------------
A martyr is someone living with a saint.

Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cthulhu

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

Cthulhu for President

Wiki says

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know this my sound a bit like I'm creeping, but I'd like to say how much I've enjoyed the Simmies.

When it (they?) first hit the boards I was dubious but, having not spent much time on board ship in 2008 (or 2007 for that matter), I've found it/them a really handy way of catching up. And it/they provoked one good spat as well - classic Ship! Same next year, please (?)

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If you really did enjoy them then you are perfectly entitled to say so - that's not creeping at all. It would only be creeping if you only pretended to enjoy them in order to suck up.

I'd like to see an award for the Fluffiest Bunny next year. Would that start another spat, I wonder?

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If the Fluffy Bunny spat proves to be as much fun as the Golden Asshat spats, then I hope it does.

I thought the Simmies were just tons of fun. It gave us a chance to show appreciation for our fellow shipmates without embarrassing ourselves too much.

Now, I'm going to be thinking about next years awards all year long. We'll be like the movie reviewers -- "If this performance doesn't earn her a long deserved ..."

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Next year, Doublethink would like her Simmie to be this big.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Twilight has decided to be satisfied with the award she already has.
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
comet has a plan to win over all the judges for next year.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

- Posted      Profile for Joyeux   Email Joyeux   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
comet - only if you also whisper "I can kill you with my mind"

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

Posts: 4318 | From: over th... no, there! | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Standing closer behind Comet than Comet realised.

"Ahem"

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

Oh, so you want to get ugly!
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Doublethink is never ugly.

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

No, but she does have some pretty impressive lip-pucker lines.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  New poll   Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016