homepage
  ship of fools rowers  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » The Simmies 2009   » VOTE! Best Avatar (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: VOTE! Best Avatar
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Eek!]

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Mariner:
So did plenty of shippies, enough to...

[a hushed silence falls over the crowd]

[ 01. February 2009, 16:41: Message edited by: Gort ]

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
... win a lot of votes but not quite enough.

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"The discreet use of Tarot imagery in Robert Armin's avatar gets my vote for being subtly subversive..." said Ariel.

As a result, Robert...

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post 
Y'all want me to shoot him?

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

... did extremely well...

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:

Yes, please!

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
... but didn't get it, right?

Yes please Erin.

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No! no! Wait till AFTER the announcement!

--------------------

moron
Shipmate
# 206

- Posted      Profile for moron   Email moron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:

Oh boy: another gun thread.
Posts: 4236 | From: Bentonville | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Doublethink loses some of her avid interest in proceedings, and slips into something more comfortable ...

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

...but didn't bag a gong.

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Just so it's, like, not actual nudity, Doublethink, that might slow down the speechifying even more.)

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
GET ON WITH IT!!!

*ducks down in seat, hoping no-one can tell who shouted out*

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

I'm sure I won by write-in vote...

--------------------

Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

Like you, rufiki, I despise award ceremonies that go on and on with the announcers loving the sound of their own qwerty keyboards. So, after I've popped out to relieve myself and phoned my 88-year-old father (which I always try to do on a Sunday, being on his own since my mother died, oh, it must be coming up to four year ago now, though he does remarkably well considering, playing tennis at least twice a week and croquet in the summer - not bad at his age. Some of the youngsters struggle to return his backhands) I'll be back to tell you the identity of this year's avatar gong grabber...

--------------------

eeGAD

Wandering Stowaway
# 4675

- Posted      Profile for eeGAD   Email eeGAD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
reaching for the champagne while muttering, "It's an honor just to be nominated" while looking stunning in her Vera Wang.

--------------------
You don't fix faith. It fixes you. - Shepherd Book

Posts: 976 | From: The Land of Mary | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

The winner of this year's Simmie for Best Avatar is...

--------------------

rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*Sits up straight, while trying to look innocent*
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

... not currently listed in the Recent Visitors to this board.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's been so long now I've forgotten who the other candidates were.
eeGAD

Wandering Stowaway
# 4675

- Posted      Profile for eeGAD   Email eeGAD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Chugging on the champagne, eeGAD shouts to no one in particular "I think one must be present to win!" Then passes out.

--------------------

Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

Marvin the Martian nominated the winning avatar because: "It's just so cute."

--------------------

Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

"I want the Melt inducing penguin to win. Cute cute cutie pie," said duchess.

Yes, please take a bow...

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Doublethink tips the contents of a Champagne ice bucket over her head in an attempt to stay alert.

(You really shouldn't be watching these sort of scenes from work.)

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

SMUDGIE!

[Overused] [Overused] [Overused] [Overused]

[Overused] [Overused] [Overused] [Overused]

--------------------

Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sheep3 enters and begins lapping up Doublethink's champagne...

Baaaaa.

*jingle*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I knew the penguin would get it.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
eeGAD

Wandering Stowaway
# 4675

Through drunken tears I've gotta admit, I love that adorable little penguin!
[Axe murder]

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

**Screeeech!** Clappity-clang! Clappity-clang! Congrats Smudgie!

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Her's jes so cuuuute.

I have to admit I had voted for the Teapot, though.

Told y'all it was terribly hard to choose.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations to my mommy, but Ingrid Third does totally rock the house.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
Doublethink tips the contents of a Champagne ice bucket over her head in an attempt to stay alert.

(You really shouldn't be watching these sort of scenes from work.)

That's what you wear to work, Doublethink? What kind of job do you do anyway?

Anyway, hoooray for Smudgie! Bestest little penguin on the Ship!

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
El Greco
Shipmate
# 9313

- Posted      Profile for El Greco   Email El Greco   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations Smudgie!!! [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
Ξέρω εγώ κάτι που μπορούσε, Καίσαρ, να σας σώσει.

eeGAD

Wandering Stowaway
# 4675

. . . . drunkenly stumbles over to Erin, spilling her full glass of champagne on Erin's shoes . . . ."I love you too man!" . . . and passes out on the floor. again.

--------------------

Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Press have already been covering the award ceremony.

The in-house magazine of the reporters chose to highlight Ancient Mariner's stellar performance and their reactions to it.

Of course, the Vatican press was not at all impressed and thought the Tiara should get it. They expressed their displeasure.

However, the anti-clericalist atheist press cottoned on to the breast imagery and published a rather nasty opinion piece.

The denizens of Hell could not quite understand the lure of the penguin and castigated the voters.

But the fluffy bunnies' own publication "Big Bright Sun" thought their electioneering tactics had secured the victory.

A new fansite has been started.

Whatever the press have had to say, however, the penguin has won.

Congratulations Smudgie!

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Hot and Hormonal]
I'm speechless.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, all you who voted for me. It was an honour even to be nominated by such an august body of people, and to be chosen from such a wide range of amazing avatars shows that you all have incredible good taste too.

I'd like to thank all those who voted for me, my worthy opponents, my loving (if somewhat evil) daughter Erin, my hamsters, the man who delivers the milk every morning (except weekends and Mondays, which is a bit of a nuisance), and, of course, Ancient Mariner for swapping the envelopes at the last minute. (I'll slip you the tenner later, AM).

(Just to be serious for a moment. I really would like to thank all those who make The Ship possible, and all the fantastic shipmates, who have actually kept me .. relatively... sane through the last five rather traumatic years - you are a great crowd of people and I am immensely grateful)

Stately and gracefully, the penguin steps forward to receive her award

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sheep3 noses at the cute penguin, takes a tentative lick, and then wanders off.

Baa.

*jingle*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
While there were some naysayers in the crowd, most everyone else was anxious to offer their congratulations and applause.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Overused] Smudgie

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And the small amount of jealousy from some members of the crowd was easily ignored.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

quote:
Originally posted by Drifting Star:
And the small amount of jealousy from some members of the crowd was easily ignored.

[Overused]

And I look forward to getting my Simmie for Longest Award Ceremony Thread.

--------------------

iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congrats, Smudge. Your avatar reflects the adorableness of you.
Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hell to the yes. [Overused]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  New poll   Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016