homepage
  ship of fools rowers  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » The Simmies 2009   » VOTE! Hell Denizen of the Year

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: VOTE! Hell Denizen of the Year
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here are the nominations for Hell Denizen of the Year. Please remind yourself of why each person was nominated by reading the post below... and then vote for your choice.

Poll information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 138 user(s) have voted.
Voting started at board time.
Voting stopped at board time.

Vote now     View poll results

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here are the nominations, in alphabetical order, for Hell Denizen of the Year.

1. DoS

Nominated by Patrick the less saintly: "My justification for this is clearly written out here in Black and White and in all other posts.

I know that this
is encouraging him, but he
clearly deserves it for
his amusing
bigotry and creative
veracity.
Not to
mention
his
ec
cen
tric f
ormating."

2. Gort

Nominated by Doublethink: "See this properly hellish prophecy of doom. For his 204 posts currently in Hell. He is a true denizen, as you know he will always be in the pit, like the house robots on Robotwars - stray into his territory and you'll know about it. He does wit, scathing and bizarre anecdotiness, he's our very own Bender."

3. RooK

Nominated by Chorister: "See this example. 'I'll tell you why; because most of you are tedious lemmings who insist on trying to weigh him down by throwing yourselves into his vapid maw and dogpiling on his tonsils. You're a fucking useleless lot, and I wish you would all spontaneously combust (in a controlled manner, so as to provide useful power generation)' is so much more creative than 'Do not feed the Troll' which is what most posters would have said. RooK is so comfortable in Hell it makes you wonder whether he would be at home anywhere else."

4. Sine Nomine

Nominated by Josephine: "For posts such as this one or, another, from the same thread. While other Denizens choose a rusty farm implement or a sledge hammer or machete to hack and bludgeon trollish and unpleasant shipmates, Sine uses a laser scalpel. He can see the exact spot where the unpleasantness needs to be lanced in order to allow the bloated ego or the festering self-justifications drain and heal.

His posts in Hell are consistent examples of the fine art of disemboweling with courtesy, grace, and apparent humility. My maternal grandmother was a practitioner of the art. I never thought I'd ever meet her like -- but that was before I encountered Sine."

--------------------
Eternal memory

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A lonely silver figure stares at an empty stage choking back a lump in his throat whilst wiping away a tear...

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<... Janine slips a cute little antique oilcan into Gort's sporrrrrran and disappears with a ting-ting-ting of tiny bells back into the darkness of the wings...>

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wanders on stage.

Baaaa?

Notices evil-looking robot, sitting alone in empty auditorium, oozing some vile substance and bolts off.

*jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle, jingle*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Janine:
<... Janine slips a cute little antique oilcan into Gort's sporrrrrran and disappears with a ting-ting-ting of tiny bells back into the darkness of the wings...>

ooOOOooh! That feels much better, thanks!

[ 01. February 2009, 17:29: Message edited by: Gort ]

--------------------

Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Flausa dons appropriate sheep-catching attire .

I've got to do something before it leaves droppings all over the stage. It's bad enough there appears to have been someone here already with a leaf blower.

Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Doublethink, changes her attire to fit in with the ambience at this stage.

[ 01. February 2009, 18:22: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

- Posted      Profile for Jack o' the Green   Email Jack o' the Green   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Am I the only one attending this ceremony to look at Angelina?
Posts: 3121 | From: Lancashire, England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This sheep - it wouldn't by any chance be a sock-muppet, would it? [Paranoid]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
Doublethink, changes her attire to fit in with the ambience at this stage.

mmMMmm...black leather. You're not a member of that private board, are you?

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Angus McDangley:
Am I the only one attending this ceremony to look at Angelina?

nope, me too.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Snore]

[under the table]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Simon

Editor
# 1

*The house lights dim one final time and the glittering stage lights come up for tonight's final award...*

It's Hell Denizen of the Year!

--------------------
Eternal memory

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post 
Ladies and gentlemen, I am so honored to be here to present the real prize of the night, the highly coveted and totally awesome Hell Denizen of the Year award. Not that pussy little Shipmate of the Year award that nobody wanted anyway, especially not me, you ungrateful bastards...

*sniff*

Anyway. Hell is, as one or two of you might have surmised, near and dear to my cold black heart. So it is with great pleasure that I present this award, knowing that the Twin Spirits of Bitchiness and Assholishness continue to thrive to this very day.

*opens envelope*

This is so exciting!

*removes card from envelope; stares for a full thirty seconds*

Well.

*more incredulous staring, then a look of fury at the audience*

What the hell, man? Is this for real?

*tears up card and throws it in the air*

Aren't all y'all just a bunch of ass-kissing little sycophants. Suck up to the new admin, but no love on the shipmate vote for the editor who put him there? You suck. You over there, you suck too. And you hiding behind the column, like that's going to save you, you suck even worse. I'll be banning the shit out of whomever I don't actually kill.

*screams in fury, morphs into her real self, launches into the crowd*

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

*The Simmies theme music swells and then abruptly ceases*[/i]

Ah... we have a... er... technical hitch...

*Sounds of screaming from the auditorium's cheaper seats*

Can someone control that Gator?

*Chomping noises are heard*

Security, there seems to be an enraged Gator chomping its way through the nominees for Shipmate of the Year... Yes, yes... some kind of grudge, apparently. Is Zoo Control here yet? Can you... can you... GET THEM HERE!

--------------------
Eternal memory

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

I loves me my WooKie!

*runs away from Stage Diving Harpie*

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

[wakes and peeps out cautiously] ...Rook?

--------------------

Simon

Editor
# 1

And... ok.

Wipes brow

The tranquilliser darts have brought her down. Security has now surrounded her... and... and... she's being carried out of the auditorium in a *disturbingly* happy mood.

Wearing a lovely damask-coloured, diamond-studded straitjacket... as they whisk her out of the building and off to the loony bin.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Simon

Editor
# 1

Which leaves me, ladies and gentlemen, shipmates one and all, to announce the winner of our final award of the night, Hell Denizen of the Year. Out of all the sound and fury of the past 12 months, emerging from th'infernal smoke, are just four nominations... DoS, Gort, RooK and Sine Nomine. Which one is worthy? Which one has the sulphurous qualities needed to reign over Hell?

Well... I have here a golden envelope...

*Rip!*

--------------------
Eternal memory

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
... as they whisk her out of the building and off to the loony bin.

dont get comfortable, she barely had time for a snack.

--------------------

Simon

Editor
# 1

Please go wild as the Simmy goes to...

RooK!

--------------------
Eternal memory

Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Flausa goes wild!
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
eeGAD

Wandering Stowaway
# 4675

- Posted      Profile for eeGAD   Email eeGAD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
raising her last glass of champagne, "Congrats RooK!"

. . . and finally passes out for good . . .

--------------------
You don't fix faith. It fixes you. - Shepherd Book

Posts: 976 | From: The Land of Mary | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

Yaaaaayyyyyyyy!

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations RooK! A more worthy winner cannot be imagined [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
KooR!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay RooK!

I voted for you... I think. The sulfur fumes were a little thick ...

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

**sobs bitterly into his tin-kerchief**

Congratulations, Rook! <sniff>

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

You still got that oil?

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Yes...yes, it's here somewhere...< dribble-sniff>...

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

You'll hate yourself tomorrow morning, J.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

**squirts oil on his rusting ego**

I will treasure the nomination forever! <sniff> Thank you!

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well done, RooK. Now for the acceptance speech.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

Excellent!

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

So, how do you feel now you simpering sycophants? Your Golden Boy, RooK, can't even be bothered to recognize your groveling admiration. He HATES the lot of you. His bile overfloweth upon your supplications. In his heart, you are lower than the krill withwhich you breed - and still you whimper for his attention and wander in the wasteland.

I brought you the common man - the Hell Denizen from your midst, who labors and goes unrecognized except for the chosen few - those exalted 19 who refused to sacrifice their self-respect in the name of political sycophancy and voted their hearts. I thank you all - my chocolate runneth over (PM me).

And so, the greatest injustice in SoF history has been realized. No, no - I harbor no animosity. I journey on towards a future when all will recognize my humble efforts to bring you forth into the Hellish promised land.

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

If we're gonna wander thru the desert following you, you'd better bring more oil.

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Saunters onto the stage, stepping over the drying gore, and addresses the emptied hall:)

I cheated.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
lying bitch.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
(Saunters onto the stage, stepping over the drying gore, and addresses the emptied hall:)

I cheated.

If you hadn't, you wouldn't have been eligible! [Razz]

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
he won fair and square and needs to make a speech.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
I cheated.

Copycat.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post 
Yes, if anyone knows about cheating, it's Sine.

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You said you'd forgiven me and moved on.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  New poll   Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016