homepage
  ship of fools rowers  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » The Simmies 2009   » The Simmies... the results

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: The Simmies... the results
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Shipmate of the Year
Ken

Newbie of the Year
Leaf

Host of the Year
PeteC

Best Thread
"The Political junkie POTUS prediction thread"

Best Post
KenWritez, on the thread "Let's offend"

Best Opening Post
Spiffy, on the thread "Mystery in the Cathedral!"

Best Quote
KenWritez

Best Sig
Honest Ron Bacardi

Best Avatar
Smudgie

Theologian of the Year
Angloid

Wit of the Year
Sine Nomine

Hell Denizen of the Year
RooK

Lamest Hell Thread
"If you aren't guilty, why call your lawyer?"

Best Putdown
Spiffy, on the thread "This is science?"

The Golden Asshat Award
"You're all Asshats, the lot of you"

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So where does one display an award that proudly declares, "You're all asshats, the lot of you"? By the front door as a welcome to all visitors?
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Flausa:
So where does one display an award that proudly declares, "You're all asshats, the lot of you"? By the front door as a welcome to all visitors?

In the forum banner, perhaps? Sort of set the tone?
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It would make a good avatar ... for the right person ... [Ultra confused]

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I received my Simmies yesterday, arrived in perfect shape! Lovely! Thank you, Simon, and my thanks to everyone who voted. [Overused]

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pictures!! I think each honored recipient should have a lovely picture taken of said recipient holding the esteemed Simmie and then post it. Yay!

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I received mine yesterday. Thanks so much.

(I feel under pressure to say something witty but I just can't think of a thing beyond....'thanks'. It's terrible to feel obligated to live up to one's publicity. I suspect there are days when RooK wants to say something nice but doesn't because it wouldn't be in character.)

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sine, whatever you choose to say, I have every confidence it will be said with panache and in in good taste. You are my Noël Coward, even yea verily my Alexander Woollcott (albeit after a lengthy association with a case of Slim-Fast and a gym.)

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I put my award on the bureau in my bedroom because quite frankly I've got 2 rather large oil portraits and a 10 x 12 framed photograph of myself in the living room and giving myself an award there too just seemed like a little too much of me, even by my generous standards.

However when the BF comes over this weekend I 'specs I'll have some 'splaining to do: What is this 'ship'? Who is this 'Sine Nomine' person? Why is he witty?...and is this one of those internet chat room places?

(I’m sure he'll be staring at me like I'm loony-tunes while I'm explaining. Because if you don't know, you just can’t understand.)

--------------------

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I got mine! Oh boy oh boy oh boy! (newbie enthusiasm)

Sine Nomine is correct:
quote:
I’m sure he'll be staring at me like I'm loony-tunes while I'm explaining. Because if you don't know, you just can’t understand.
because this is precisely what happened to me when I tried to explain this award to my sister.

OTOH, when I informed my spouse of the award -- mocking my own excitement ("Wow! A bunch of anonymous strangers voted for me!") -- I was solemnly informed that I should indeed be honoured by it, as the members of this forum are Persons of Quality.

Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
I put my award on the bureau in my bedroom because quite frankly I've got 2 rather large oil portraits and a 10 x 12 framed photograph of myself in the living room

Keep going. You've got a few more rooms to enhance yet. Then they'll be able to turn your house into the Sine Nomine Museum after you've gone.

I suggest a bust on a marble pedestal, in the hallway.

Sine Nomine

# 66

quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
I suggest a bust on a marble pedestal, in the hallway.

Rather like the late Prince Consort at Osborne House.

I like it.

--------------------

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think the sculptor should use the pose from your picture in the Ship's Gallery.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
 -

Bask, peons.

And, for the record, my general lack kind comments is not due to some farcical persona that I play. It's because I suffer from a pathological fear and dislike for humans. Really, you should all feel sorry for me. Though, I understand how difficult that must be, considering how much better than you I am otherwise.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thus spake the Hairy Hand.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
I suffer from a pathological fear and dislike for humans. Really, you should all feel sorry for me.

I feel sorry for you. The dark shadow of your 'pathological fear' (seen clearly in the lower right hand corner of your picture) which cometh from the immense ghastly blackness to accompany your every living moment, haunting your every day and slowly drowning your mind in an a evil bottomless chasm of slick dread that seeps through your dreams during those endless, endless nights of absolute aloneness as it hunts your soul for its food, must be a real bummer. You poor thing.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

- Posted      Profile for Jack o' the Green   Email Jack o' the Green   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Am I the only saddo who REALLY wants one of those?
Posts: 3121 | From: Lancashire, England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
 -

Here are all the awards, just before they were sent out. Winners, do feel free to follow the sulphurous example of RooK and post some creative pics of you and your Simmy on this thread.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
 -

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aaaargh, RooK's hand and Yorick's hand are identical. [Help]

--------------------

Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think Yorick is trying for a nomination again this year. [Razz]
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll certainly give you that much. He is trying.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Golden Asshat, no. Tin Asshat, yes. In time he might even qualify for a Bronze Asshat, provided he put a little less effort into it.
Revelle

Ship's Bassist for Hire
# 8554

- Posted      Profile for Revelle   Author's homepage   Email Revelle   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I feel you need a hug Yorick.

/hug

--------------------
"We need our Bible Belt to hold up our Truth Trousers." -Grits

Posts: 350 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Leaf:
I got mine! Oh boy oh boy oh boy! (newbie enthusiasm)

Sine Nomine is correct:
quote:
I’m sure he'll be staring at me like I'm loony-tunes while I'm explaining. Because if you don't know, you just can’t understand.
because this is precisely what happened to me when I tried to explain this award to my sister.

OTOH, when I informed my spouse of the award -- mocking my own excitement ("Wow! A bunch of anonymous strangers voted for me!") -- I was solemnly informed that I should indeed be honoured by it, as the members of this forum are Persons of Quality.

I like you (I voted for you [Hot and Hormonal] ) and I like your spouse too.

Congratulations to all the winners, especially the ten of you for whom I voted.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Angus McDangley:
Am I the only saddo who REALLY wants one of those?

No .. my therapist is still trying to help me overcome the pain. So close and yet so far. [Waterworks]

Personally I blame Simon.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Aaaargh, RooK's hand and Yorick's hand are identical.

Translation: SOCKPUPPETS!
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I share your pain, Zappa. It wasn't enough that RooK was promoted to Admin, he had to hack the poll in order to get his greasy claws on MY Simmie. He even admitted cheating.

Oh, the humanity!

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

RooK, even a black hole wouldn't have the time to operate all the sockpuppets you claim to have. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

(I posted the above comment quite independently, you know.)

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Eek!] what are you doing to that bear ... I don't think I want to be your friend any more [Paranoid]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
moron
Shipmate
# 206

- Posted      Profile for moron   Email moron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here it is [Yipee]

-

This thing is something approaching a half a pound of glass: very weighty and substantive and nice and the light does inexplicable things to it.

WAY cool - thanks again to all!

Bowing to popular demand here's a photo of me holding it... [Razz]

-

Posts: 4236 | From: Bentonville | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Perhaps we could get The Simmies '10 sponsored next year, to add buoyancy to the floating fund ?

[ 14. March 2009, 17:39: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  New poll   Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016