homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Glory   » Fields of Gold (Page 13)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  18  19  20 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Fields of Gold
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My dear, not goodbye but au revoir. It will be like being born, but in reverse. You will be able to shed all the pain and discomfort and stand straight and tall, be young and strong, and with a glorious singing voice, and you will have nothing to worry about any more. May you go on to know more and more joy. I will be thinking of you often.
Bronwyn
Shipmate
# 52

- Posted      Profile for Bronwyn   Email Bronwyn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No Words Miss Molly just love [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love]

--------------------
Fragile X syndrome is part of our lives. Someone I love makes me proud who has this syndrome. I love you Miriam.

Posts: 1221 | From: Melbourne (Australia) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
more love.
and tears
and prayers

Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Love and prayers, Miss Molly.

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly, dearest- God is holding you in His arms of love. Can you hear His heartbeat? He hears yours- and His compassion is endless, and His grace enfolds you.
Rowena

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another first time poster on this thread. Praying hard.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly, I am praying that you have a pleasant journey.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Porter-Miller

Tiocfaidh Separabit
# 1459

- Posted      Profile for Robert Porter-Miller   Author's homepage   Email Robert Porter-Miller   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly, don't know how this will find you - just to say I'll be in the US next week in Baltimore with Melissa.

I hope and pray for you to have the strength to see you through this time and although you may be leaving us now we'll see you later for the biggest and best ship-meet ever.

[Love] [Waterworks]

--------------------
It's a beautiful day - don't let it get away - Bono and the boys

Let's all "Release Some Tension"

Posts: 1231 | From: Washington, D.C. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
flev
Shipmate
# 3187

- Posted      Profile for flev   Author's homepage   Email flev   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly, neither words nor smilies can adequately convey our [Love] for you.

Praying more than ever for you and your family.

All my love,

flev

Posts: 402 | From: Right in the middle | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's 7 a.m. & I'm trying to find some interesting thing to post. I look out the back window (over the computer's shoulder, you might say...), having heard a blue jay... nothing of special interest... the sun has not gloried its way through the silver-grey overcast yet.

The brave, still-summer-green St. Augustine grass fools the eye... the 63 degrees Farenheit fools the skin... the glossy green oak outside waves gently in a balmy breeze.

Recent rains lifted the water levels in the bayou a bit, but the flock of little buff ibises out there will have none of it. They'd rather forage with their downward-curving bills among my faux-summer grass.

Why, it looks like a spring dawn, rather than a dull, dormant, "ending" out there.

You know, that's how it always is. Just when we think we've purchased ourselves a deck chair on the Titanic, the sun comes out and we find it was a Love Boat after all.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly, may I pass on to you this anonymous poem which I discovered just the other day.

I am standing on the seashore
A ship in the bay hits anchor
Spreads her white sails to the morning breeze
And starts out upon the ocean.

She is an object of beauty and strength
And I stand and watch until she hangs
Like a speck of white cloud
Just where the sea and sky mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says,
"There, she's gone!"
Gone where?
Gone from sight, that is all.

Just at theat moment there are other eyes
Watching her coming
And other souls taking up the glad shout,
"There, she's coming!"

And that is dying.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wandering with Hope
Shipmate
# 3431

- Posted      Profile for Wandering with Hope   Email Wandering with Hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly -

Still praying for you - Spudz appears to be a little down today - she appears to wish she could send you a message of her own - perhaps she will succeed.

Am going to see Bessie now (we are expecting our first winter weather of the year & she needs back up heat for her & Fearless in case the power goes out) but will post more later. Please know that we are all thinking of you - and you stay in our prayers.

Much love & many prayers -

Wandering w/ hope

Posts: 113 | From: between the ocean and the mountains | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Clíona
Shipmate
# 2035

- Posted      Profile for Clíona   Email Clíona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Molly,

An Irish Blessing

May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And the rains fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand

Corny, coming from an Irish person. But it expresses very much how I feel.

Cliona

--------------------
Starting (yet) again...

Posts: 1262 | From: Back in Dublin | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Miss Molly, the cats are still looking anxious about you, but I've told them not to worry, as you're on your way to somewhere much more amazing and wonderful that they (or I) can imagine.

I'm joining in all the prayers that are going on for you, and your mother, and St Seb, and Marian, and all your family and friends.

Much, much love from Margaret and cats.

Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My darling 'Dame Molly'
Although I have sent you an email via St. Seb, I wanted to keep on posting here too. I have just come back from having a rather wonderful lunch with my parents (forgive me, I have garlic breath!); they send you their love and prayers and hope that you will have a bottle of wine open for them when they eventually join you at the Banquet in Heaven (I quote their words). I want to thank you for the joy you have brought into my life and my thanks for trusting me with your secrets and you accepting mine. I also that you for the writing you did for me - it will be included in my PhD and I'll save you a seat at graduation three years from now - I expect you to wear your hat with gold ribbons as you promised!! [Wink] And thank you for all your support during the beginnings of my long court case, I expect you there for the final hearing!!! I will continue to post here but for now I leave you with the song 'You and Me against the world' playing in my study... God bless you Molly as you begin another journey. Brandy and Jessie are with you as always, as am I and Jack. With all our love and hugs, Dolphy. Our love too to your family and friends and to echo Smudgie's sentiments, the two very special men in your life. You will be forever my Guardian Angel...and I thank you for that. So, as the final curtain begins to fall, Act 2 begins. xxx

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Love and hugs, Molly. Always.

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was telling my little cub that Molly was going to die. She was wondering if she had a hole in the heart, but I explained that Molly is having problems breathing.

My little cub said that she knew the reason: the doctor didn't hold her upside down and smack her bottom when she was a baby. I asked if it might work if someone was to smack her bottom now. The cub wasn't too sure, but thought it might be worth a try.

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe St. Seb could give that one a try Babybear!!

Darling Molly,
I have just come off the 'phone after a long chat with Jack - we have decided that tonight would be a good night to watch The Muppet's Christmas Carol in your honour [Wink]

Dolphy xxx

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
no words, just prayers and love.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just spoke on the phone with Molly's mother and VERY briefly with Molly herself -- she was a little better last night and today (!), because they brought a new oxygen tank and a hospital bed. She is still not expected to last until Christmas, however -- but I believe she has a few days left, at least. She was very very grateful for the prayers and for everyone's love, and asked me to tell everyone "to give them my hugs and kisses" and her love for you all.

And, well... I suppose that's all that needed to be said. I told her of our love for her, the inspiration she has been for us all, and she was very pleased.

Off to the post office to mail one last package to her as quickly as it can get there.

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

- Posted      Profile for TonyK   Email TonyK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly my dear ... I've not posted here much but you've always been in my prayers and thoughts.

Thanks for all you've done - you have been an inspiration to so many of us.

'Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace: according to thy word.
For mine eyes have seen thy salvation: which thou hast prepared before the face of all people.
To be a light to lighten the gentiles: and to be the glory of thy people Israel.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen'

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

Posts: 2717 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dolphy:
...I'll save you a seat at graduation three years from now - I expect you to wear your hat with gold ribbons as you promised!! [Wink] ...

a-hem *clears throat* I'm of the understanding that Molly will be in the seat next to me, so that we can lead the applause, whistling, foot stamping, and cheering as you accept your bit of paper, much as a certain Dolphin and gracious Lady did for a young baby's welcome to the Christian faith recently! [Wink]

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miss Molly, walk with the Lord when the time is right. We will all miss you but rejoice in the joy you will experience...and we will meet you when the time is right to the biggest shipmeet in the sky.

I know your dog will meet you...and loved ones.
I hope Gordon Russell meets you up there, a lovely man who just passed away in my church. I called him "banana man" since he brought bananas for fellowship many Sundays to my church. He was in his 80s but I bet he doesn't look a day over 30 now, God be praised.

Miss Molly, it is hard to let you go so I must consentrate on the wonderment you will have when you leave and join loved ones in heaven.

God be praise and bless you.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

"Say goodnight not goodbye
you will never leave my heart behind
Like the path of a star
I'll be anywhere you are.
In the spark that lies beneath the coals
In the secret place inside your soul
Keep the light in your eyes
Say goodnight not goodbye..."

(Beth Nielsen Chapman)

--------------------

Astro
Shipmate
# 84

- Posted      Profile for Astro   Email Astro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miss Molly

I don't think that I have posted on this thread before but you have been in my prayers and still are. God Bless You.

--------------------
if you look around the world today – whether you're an atheist or a believer – and think that the greatest problem facing us is other people's theologies, you are yourself part of the problem. - Andrew Brown (The Guardian)

Posts: 2723 | From: Chiltern Hills | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly, words are so hard at such a time. Please know that my prayers have been with you from the start, even if I cannot find the words.

Another Auld Oirish blessing - "May you be in heaven two hours before the divil knows you're dead." - not that you'll need to take advantage of the head start!

God bless you on your next "awfully big adventure".

Love and Prayers.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hadn't looked at this thread till I was prompted to last night.

It's been a compelling read, and I'd just like to add a "me too" to the thoughts and prayers of everyone else...

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Molly (who will always be 'Iron Mary Kidd' to me!)
One of my favourite poems, a shipmate kind of poem, special to me because of connections with my seafaring father. You probably know it.

'Sunset and evening star, and one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar when I put out to sea,
But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell, and after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell when I embark;
For tho' from out our bourne of time and place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crost the bar.'

Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

All my love and prayers to you, Molly.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another first time poster here,

Love and prayers for you Molly. God bless you!

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Miss Molly,
Another first (or maybe 2nd?) time poster here, but I wanted to let you know how inspiring your journey has been to me and that I'm sending yet more love and prayers your way...
Looking forward to meeting you to tell you this in person.
Jackie x

St Patrick's Breastplate

Christ be with me, Christ within me,
Christ behind me, Christ before me,
Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me.
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,
Christ in hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dearest Molly, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

The Egglets enjoyed the photos of the quilt, and send their love!

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers ascending again and again ... God holds you in his heart.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
More prayers ascending, and a round on the Anglican rosary for you, dear Molly.
Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bronwyn
Shipmate
# 52

- Posted      Profile for Bronwyn   Email Bronwyn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Not worthy!] for you. No words. [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love]

--------------------
Fragile X syndrome is part of our lives. Someone I love makes me proud who has this syndrome. I love you Miriam.

Posts: 1221 | From: Melbourne (Australia) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
splosh
Shipmate
# 2743

- Posted      Profile for splosh   Email splosh   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miss Molly

as the card on the front of my computer says

Sending you love with a smile across the miles [Love]

Thinking of you. I also just want to say thank you for the support you gave me in the early summer, it has meant a lot to me.

--------------------
Just remember you are one of God's special people

Posts: 1371 | From: Slightly less north than before | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good morning blessings from Australia, Dear Heart... for I am well and truly home again, jet-lagged, finding it hard to cope with the heat- but loving being home with family and friends.
And back to work. Yesterday was my first proper day back on the wards with meaningful interaction, marvelling that so many people are walking soooo close to God, as they walk dark vallies with courage and hope in the Resurrection to enternal life.

I thought of you often...

I saw the dearest babe in our chapel- I assume the parents were in giving thanks. And I remembered again that image we once spoke of- how glad parents are when the infant is born, and her mummy holds her tight in her arms. First hold, full of love. Then death... God -Mummy and Daddy- holds us close as we are born therin, with arms of welcome and love... for the first time we see each other face to face, and God welcomes us into new life with great joy. The angels stand around and murmur "Ah, isn't she cute!"

Have a marvellous birthing , my dear...

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shoehorn with Teeth

Laughing Vulcan
# 2420

- Posted      Profile for Shoehorn with Teeth   Email Shoehorn with Teeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Still praying, sending love. [Love]
It's an honor to share this time with you, Molly. I know that God is with you.

Posts: 483 | From: crowded house | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thinking of you Molly and praying.

I found this by Joyce Grenfell which we had read when my father died and which had brought me great comfort.

If I should go before the rest of you
Break not a flower nor inscribe a stone
Nor when I'm gone speak in a Sunday voice
But be the usual selves that I have known.
Weep if you must,
Parting is hell.
But life goes on,
So sing as well.

I know I'll weep but I'll sing in your honour [Angel] [Not worthy!] [Love]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Michèle

Bunny sister
# 1401

- Posted      Profile for Michèle   Email Michèle   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ma Chère et Belle Molly

Did I ever tell you the funny story of staying in the Holiday Inn in SLC, when I was 15 with my parents? They had lived in Toronto for 10 yrs before I was born, and promised me the "big" tour, after my exams.

I didn't like SLC at all. I felt it was a very prickly place, it made the hairs on my arms stand on end. It has been so strange talking to you over all these months thinking back to that time. Well, we went out for ice creams. It was so hot, I went out without a bra (are you amused J?? [Wink] ) It WAS August after all! When we got back a maid had pinched it!! (It was a good one, Sports make!)

I know that is frivolous, but I thought I'd tell you know rather than later.

Thank you so much for the prayers re: Maths. When you see Dad, who went last year, (Bert) tell him about the Maths for me? He would be very proud.

I really want to tell you about the tiny ickle babies. I am getting a great deal of support from the midwives at the "Birthing Centre" as it is now known. A cottage hospital is usually an outlying, district (not big town/city hosp), where probably no ops are performed, but various cares/wards. This one is part of a Victorian building. We have the only Victorian bathroom in the area - beautiful tiny black and white tiles! They installed a shower since I was there.

Well, you have been a huge inspiration for me, and I want to thank you for that. The tiny babies today were lovely, although we had one today who would NOT put her tongue down to latch on to feed. The Mum was getting upset about it all. I love speaking to those mothers.

Em and Tobes have a very busy few days, but are so very happy in their school. He is a monkey and a rat in "Captain Christmas", and she plays a solo on her flute in the Abbey for the school Carol Service on Friday. Do you remember hearing her practise? I shall light a candle for you whilst there.

au revoir sweetheart,
Your friend who loves you with all the other brothers and sisters
Michèle
xxxxxx

I want to send my love to Jeff too, because he is truly blessed.

Posts: 944 | From: Dissertation Hell | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miss Molly,

You have given so much to everyone here, and your being among us makes me feel like we have touched eternity somehow. I only hope I have the peace to take things as you have, when my time comes.

Love and peace, and a swift passing to joy when the time comes,

Laura

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Inanna

Ship's redhead
# 538

- Posted      Profile for Inanna   Email Inanna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've lost count of the times I've started to hit the "reply" button, and then never posted because I felt like I couldn't find the right words.

I still don't have the right words, but didn't want to miss adding my own expression of love and prayers going out to you and for you.

I look forward to continuing to share stories with you once we make it through this dark glass, and to rejoice in God's presence with you again one day.

For now, may the pain be little, and may you be able to let yourself go into God's loving embrace.

Much love

Kirsti

--------------------
All shall be well
And all shall be well
And all manner of things shall be well.

Posts: 1495 | From: Royal Oak, MI | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Molly,

Very late - and here are the two ladies of the house still at the computer. (Shame on us!). The great work of art is due in tomorrow. Poor Ms M will be burning the midnight oil, I'm afraid. As is Mr M (still at work, unfortunately). Mephi is snoozing by my side, as usual.

I'll be at my weekly lunchtime prayer 'space' tomorrow and with each candle lit, will be offering up a prayer for you and yours.

love
Miffy

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

- Posted      Profile for chukovsky   Author's homepage   Email chukovsky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi Molly,

Like Kirsti I don't really know what to say but I thought I should just say I'm thinking of you. I still have your prayer card by my bed and in case I didn't say earlier, it says "In my music I try to represent who I am. It's very difficult because I'm always changing" (a loose paraphrase).

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank. Do not write on both sides of the paper at once.

Posts: 6842 | From: somewhere else | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clyde
Shipmate
# 752

- Posted      Profile for Clyde     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Miss Molly,

May you be filled with joy in the knowledge that you have fought the good fight, you have finished the race, you have kept the faith.

For you, the best is yet to come, through the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen.

--------------------
I've not been on the ship for a long time. I'm very old now and don't like it when the sea gets rough.

Posts: 1279 | From: England. | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Sister Molly,

Can't think of much to say tonight, but "God bless you" and "sweet dreams".

I'll still be thinking of you tomorrow, particularly when I make the journey on the grubby trains! Bit of envy there- it's the Gospel train you're travelling on. "Get on board, little children, there's room for many more."

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
splosh
Shipmate
# 2743

- Posted      Profile for splosh   Email splosh   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miss Molly

Sitting here in the lab, I felt I should write a poem for you. As my supervisor, and others will state english is by far my worse subject, but I still wanted to write this for you.

In a bleak world a smile brings sunshine in
In a cold world a hug brings warmth in
In a dull world a laugh brings brightness in
In a harsh world love breaks down all barriers.

You brought all of them into our lives on the ship.

love
NIk

--------------------
Just remember you are one of God's special people

Posts: 1371 | From: Slightly less north than before | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Death be not proud, though some have called thee
"Mighty and dreadfull, for thou art not soe,
"For, those whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
"Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill mee:
"From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee,
"Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,
"And soonest our best men with thee doe goe,
"Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.
"Thou art slave to Fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
"And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwel,
"And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,
"And better than thy stroake; why swell'st thou then?
"One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,
"And death shall be no more: Death thou shalt die."

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lady A

Narnian Lady
# 3126

- Posted      Profile for Lady A   Author's homepage   Email Lady A   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Miss Molly,
My thoughts and prayers are with you in every moment that is quiet. My heart and mind turn to prayers for you and all those close. I want to thank you so much for wanting to meet with me. I truly am honored. In the midst of all this to also offer some tourist activities (!) in the area gave me a squeeze all around my tears. Your giving heart is still beating strong. St Seb, how kind of him offering me his car. (I had drawn up some wonderful plans for him when he took the car back over, just a few tinkerings here and there that we could've done together [Snigger] . I figured that if you couldn't help with the actual work, I would just shove you behind the tires to keep the car from rolling whilst I 'fixed' a few things....!)
We will meet again some time, and I will expect a great tour from you when we meet in heaven. Could you scope out and see if there is a place called the Lion's Mane? I would love to sit there with you and Toolie sometime. We will invite all the shipmates there and have a great dance surrounded by the light of the Great Lion himself.
My empty moments are filled with you till the end.
My prayers are filled with you and your family, close and of the heart,
My life has been richer for your laughter on the keyboards, your gallant insights, and the life that you have shared for all of us here. I have been blessed by you.
Love always,
Lady A

Posts: 2545 | From: The Lion's Mane, Narnia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Molly, this weekend I will go back to Shaw's Garden for you. It is snowing here, and it will have a bleak beauty in its blanket of white.

Rossweisse // thinking of you

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dave the Bass
Shipmate
# 155

- Posted      Profile for Dave the Bass   Email Dave the Bass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly, it's been a privilege to share in your life over the last few months - I hope our prayers are as great a source of strength for you as your words and example are to us. I'm sure that God is holding you close in his arms now, and is drawing you closer to him with each hour that passes.
Posts: 2162 | From: In a forest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  18  19  20 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016