homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Glory   » Fields of Gold (Page 14)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Fields of Gold
Stephen
Shipmate
# 40

- Posted      Profile for Stephen   Email Stephen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly - you're very much in my thoughts and prayers at this time......

--------------------
Best Wishes
Stephen

'Be still,then, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations and I will be exalted in the earth' Ps46 v10

Posts: 3954 | From: Alto C Clef Country | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eanswyth

Ship's raven
# 3363

- Posted      Profile for Eanswyth   Email Eanswyth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God bless you, Molly, and your family and Sebastian. Wrap that quilt around you and feel the love.
Posts: 1323 | From: San Diego | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
da_musicman
Shipmate
# 1018

- Posted      Profile for da_musicman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly,Its only now that I'm realiseing how much I've missed out on not knowing you better.I've read your posts but never actually talked to you.
God bless and I look forward to seeing you one day.We'll have a ball then I'm sure.

Posts: 3202 | From: The Dreaming | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
da_musicman
Shipmate
# 1018

- Posted      Profile for da_musicman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And I'm going to swallow my machoness and say I was close to tears when I read St Seb's post on your condition. You touched so many lives you never even knew about Molly.God bless you.
Posts: 3202 | From: The Dreaming | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly

May God the Father wrap His arms around you as His child

May Jesus the Son welcome you into His house

And may the Holy Spirit fly with yours to heaven

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sing for me Molly, when you get there... And for Aviva.

It is true we take nothing out of the world. But we do take our memories, our loves. For those left behind: those who have gone never fully leave us, because we have shared life together.

[ 05. December 2002, 01:01: Message edited by: Nunc Dimittis ]

Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
zephirine of the roses

Soul of the rose
# 3323

- Posted      Profile for zephirine of the roses   Author's homepage   Email zephirine of the roses   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
think of-
stepping on shore, and finding it heaven!

of taking holdof a hand, and finding it God's hand.

of breathing new air, and finding it celestial air.

of feeling invigorated, and finding it immortality.

of passing from storm to tempest to an unbroken calm.

of waking up, and finding it HOME!

-author unknown

--------------------
We are, each of us, angels with only one wing. And we can only fly embracing each other."

*~ Luciano De Crescenzo

Posts: 1756 | From: middle of an apple orchard in ny | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At the risk of too little too late, I will also add my condolences to you, Molly, at this time. I'm not in your situation so I can't say I know what you're going through, but I will offer what I have: The assurance that God is God.

I wish you much peace, joy, grace and patience, Molly. <insert tearfully smiling smiley>. I wish the same good things for your friends and family, as well; I know this is hard for them.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning
is now and ever shall be
world without end. Amen.

May the Lord cause His face to shine upon you, His will to guide your feet, His hands to hold your heart, His love to hold your soul.

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gracious God,
nothing in death or life,
nothing in the world as it is,
nothing in the world as it shall be,
nothing in all creation
can separate us from your love.
Jesus commended his spirit into your hands at his last hour. Into those same hands we now commend your servant, that dying to the world and cleansed from sin, death may be for her the gate to life and to eternal fellowship with you;
through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you growing tired, yet, of hearing how wonderful you are? [Embarrassed]

If it were me, I'd [Paranoid] wonder about just how sane the complimenters were...

Then I'd crack up [Killing me] ...

But I don't know if I'd really believe them. [Razz]

But, well, it's your lot at this time to gather mounds of well-wishing and compliments and lovings. Try to accept them as your due. [Not worthy!] They are, you know.

God bless you tonight.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was making my lunch, and this came into my head:

Jesu, the very thought of thee
With sweetness fills my breast;
But sweeter far thy face to see
And in thy presence rest.

I think it's for you, Molly...

Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A similar-ish hymn about the name of Jesus
'How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
in a believer's ear..'

Final two verses:

Weak is the effort of my heart,
and cold my warmest thought;
but when I see thee as thou art,
I'll praise thee as I ought.

Till then I would thy love proclaim
with every fleeting breath;
and may the music of thy name
refresh my soul in death.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly,
Wandering with Hope came over today to bring me a kerosene heater to keep the splendid Fearless and me warm if the ice storm knocked out our power tonight.

Fearless actually sat on Wandering's lap, nuzzled up and purred. That is an absolute miracle! I'm very proud of her.

She was so feral when I rescued her, she only learned to trust me over time. Til today, she barely tolerated company. She'd take one look, give a little growl and run for cover. With Wandering, for some reason, she'd add a horrible hateful hiss... [Eek!]

I know you must have been counseling her in some of your intimate chats. [Wink] Even our pets have been transformed by knowing you.

Heaven is just a blink away, Molly. You'll be healed and at peace and you'll see Jesus...

"Hope, as an anchor so steadfast,
Rends the dark veil for the soul,
Whither the Master has entered,
Robbing the grave of its goal.
Come then, O come, glad fruition,
Come to my sad weary heart;
Come, O Thou blest hope of glory,
Never, O never depart." (Whispering Hope)

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Duo Seraphim*
Sea lawyer
# 3251

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim*   Email Duo Seraphim*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Molly,

Yesteday was a day of bushfires and bronze skies in Sydney. I can't get used to heat in Advent and at Christmas. At this time of the year I miss dark nights and Christmas lights with windows shining like stained glass in the dark.

Sometimes I like to assemble in my mind a picture of God's country and what might be there:

North Yorkshire
I remember walking on Ilkley Moor in early August on a bright summer's day, with the heather in bloom, its honey scent rising in the air.

I remember Harrogate, a Victorian spa town as neat and serene as Toytown.

I remember the Nidderdale way that runs through Ripley and up the valley tracing the course of the Nidd. It was created as a pack trail by the Cistercian monks to connect their farms and abbeys.

I remember Fountains Abbey in February and walking beside the Skell in biting cold - but everywhere were snowdrops, planted by the monks as a symbol of purity.

I remember Robin Hood's Bay, a beautiful sweep of white sand and dunes, and Ravenscar where I actually got a little nip of frostbite in one finger at some silly corporate bonding weekend.

I remember York and the beautiful York Minster there, with its Rose window.

I remember Ripon Cathedral and the day they let us into the very base of the Cathedral. Down there is the oratory of St Wilfred, a simple rough stone building little more than a hut. It dates back to the original conversion of Northern England by the Irish monks who came with St Columba and St Aidan. It is in places like these that we touch the wellsprings, the origins of our faith.

There is a lot more of God's country, you know. It includes Tasmania, Sri Lanka, Brittany, Victoria Falls and La Fournaise...

But all of this is a shadow of God's Home. I am reminded of the line in "The Last Battle" by CS Lewis, when the children finally realise that they will stay forever in the new Narnia after the end of the old one and not return to the Shadowlands. "The term is over, the holidays have begun."

--------------------
2^8, eight bits to a byte

Posts: 3967 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fair Maiden Molly,

I look out into my yard here in California and see two rose bushes. One just bloomed white roses all over the place. The walnut tree is dropping walnuts and a little squirrel is eating them all, bringing them out into the front yard, sitting on the fence between us and the apartment complex next to us.

I keep picturing you like a bird when you fly up to heaven, flying up, soaring like an eagle. Your soul will rejoice and you will sing with all creation.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy*

Jedi defender of ship's cats
# 1059

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy*   Email jedijudy*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My dear Molly, I don't know what to say. The main thing that pops in my head is this: I love you dear sister! I look forward to seeing you in Heaven!

It's just that right now, I selfishly want a huge miracle of healing for you. You are one of a kind, a miracle in my life. I will miss you so very much, dear beloved friend. I hope now you can feel God's loving arms around you, and He's so glad you're going to be with Him. Please remember us, Molly. I really believe that all of us Shipmates are better people just because of you.

It dawns on my puny brain that the miracle of healing is going to happen for you in Heaven! I think Christmas with a closely following birthday spent in Heaven would be so wonderful! (Maybe not for those of us who love you, but the idea of you being completely free of suffering will help to slow the tears, a bit.)

Do you remember our "When the Ship was in Drydock" adventure? The whalebone corset? Olorin and Sophie? The illigitimate child? You have given me such a gift of laughter and fun! Thank you dear sister!

<Deep bows and Honors to my beloved Sister Molly, her parents, her family and to our own Saint-straight from God-St. Sebastian.>

Judy, Melissa, Jasmine, Belle and Snuffy

--------------------
ENFP...do you see a "T" anywhere??? I don't think so.

Posts: 3248 | From: Soon to be inhabiting identity # 333!!! | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clay_Pigeon

Mathematics
# 2516

- Posted      Profile for Clay_Pigeon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly, I don't think we ever interacted directly.. but you have been in my prayers (admittedly on and off) ever since this whole affair began. You remain in my thoughts and prayers -- especially at this time...and I pray that no matter we the next days hold for you, that you and your family will intimately know the close companionship of Christ.

Thinking and praying for you and yours in this time,
-Troy

PS. I struggled with whether or not to post this, out of fear that someone would view it as being in bad taste....and if anyone does, you have my most sincere apologies....but I think I speak for all of us when I say that once you've passed through the Gates, and you get to look back on the Earth and see each and every one of us...for real...just remember to try not to look back while any of us are in the shower...because while we love you, that's just a little too familiar...

ok, at the very least, try not to giggle. :-)

Much love
-Troy

--------------------
THAT'S IT! NOW I'M PISSED!. You're so off my prayer list.
-Was Once Troy

Posts: 599 | From: Northeast Ohio | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My love and prayers, Molly. It is very late at night and we are waiting at the station--it looks rather like the old CPR station in Winnipeg which I remember from my early childhood. It's huge and Victorian, and there's a big Christmas tree with lights. The Salvation Army Band is taking a break; drinking tea from styrofoam cups with their instruments propped around them on the floor. There are other people waiting, with their cases and shopping bags around their feet, and a faint smell of pine tree and tobacco smoke is in the air. Your friends are arriving to see you off; we are the big bunch quietly chattering under the chandelier.( How did those cats get in here?) If you step to the door, there is the beginning of a rose-grey glow in the east.

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi Molly...

I just got home from a local coffee shop where some friends and I meet each Wednesday night. The staff was decorating a tree, and there was Christmas music playing. I've just settled in with a mug of mulled cider, and am looking through some CDs for some nice reflective music. Have you ever heard anything by Loreena McKennett? She has a very lovely voice, and often sings with just a harp of some strings and wind as accompaniment. She has one particular song, "For those who are to mirth inclined", which was recorded in an old abbey. She sings it solo, accompanied only by the abbey bell. The accoustics and echoes are beautiful. I think I'll play that.

All my prayers,
Siegfried

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ptarmigan
Shipmate
# 138

- Posted      Profile for ptarmigan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Molly,

let me add my voice and prayers to those of this wonderful community. The Ship is a better place for you havnig been with us, and especially for your sharing in this way. I'm sure other places are also the better for having been graced with your presence. For me at least, hospital and illness and mortality are somewhat less horrific thanks to your accounts.

As I write, just before leaving for work in the UK, I am listening to Hymnus Paradis by Herbert Howells:

Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus,
Dominus Deus Sabaoth.
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills:
from whence cometh ny help.
My help cometh even from the Lord:
Who hath mnade heaven and earth.
Sanctus Dominus Deus.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved:
And He that keepeth thee will not sleep.
Behold, He that keepeth Israel:
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord Himself is they keeper:
He is thy defence upon thy right hand;
So that the sun shall not burn thee by day:
Neither the moon by night.
Sanctus, Sanctus, Dominus Deus Sabaoth.
Pleni sunt ceoli et terra gloria tua.
The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil
Yea, it is even He that shall keep thy soul.
The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in:
From this time forth and for evermore.

Holy is the true light, and passing wonderful.
Alleluia.
Lending radiance to them that endured in the heat of the conflict:
From Christ they inherit a home of unfading splendour,
Wherein they rejoice with gladness for evermore.

With love,

Rob ("Ptarmigan")

--------------------
All shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be well. (Julian of Norwich)

Posts: 1080 | From: UK - Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My darling Molly, my true friend,
Thank you for finding the energy to talk to me on the phone last night, and for your everlasting sense of humour [Wink] I phoned Beethoven afterwards and told her that you sent your love, as indeed you do to all Shipmates.
God bless you my darling 'Dame' Molly.

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you Molly, for bringing this community together, and for showing us all the courage and strength we should have when faced with our mortality.

Sieg

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly my dear,

Reading through the Vigil thread, I've been reminded of a funny moment that I think I forgot to tell you from B's baptism.

Mr B had provided pitta breads to be used for the Mass in place of the normal wafers, and although he'd been fairly sure that one would be enough, he'd provided a second just in case the revival started in our village that day! [Wink] Well, as you may know (if you received the order of service), the final hymn was 'Guide me O thou Great Redeemer' - one of my all-time favourites. All was fine until Mr B and I happened to look at the priests while we were singing: Martin (the celebrant) had apparently felt for some reason that one bread would not have been enough for the small number of people present, so had consecrated both. This meant that as we were singing 'Bread of heaven, feed me til I want no more' the clergy were busy consuming the 1 1/2 spare consecrated breads! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly - I have avoided this thread because I don't know what to say. Just thank you for being here among us these last few months. It has meant more than you know to me.

Thank you.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oops - hit reply by mistake! [Roll Eyes]

It made us smile anyway, and I just know I'm going to remember that every time I sing that hymn from now on! [Big Grin]

Anyway, w*rk calls, so I should feign some interest in what I should be doing.

Lots of love from George, Alice, Comfrey & Clover. And from Mr B, Baby B and me, of course!

Beets

[Love]

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi Molly,
It's a bright cold day in Edinburgh and I should be at work. I'm late already!

Hugs, blessings and prayers be with you.

Much love,
Louise

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Posts: 6918 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Annie P

Ship's galley maid
# 3453

- Posted      Profile for Annie P   Email Annie P   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Miss Molly,

I'm afraid that I am one of those who really didn't get chance to know you, but reading this thread it's plain to see the good effect you've had on this community. I haven't posted here before but all I wanted to say was you are in my prayers and I will continue to pray for you until the end. I'm reminded of psalm 73 (the end bit):

Who have I in Heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but the Lord is my strength and my portion for ever.

God bless you Molly, thanks for visiting "the Haven" . Sleep easy now.

regards
Anne

--------------------
Older now, but not necessarily wiser.

Posts: 3248 | From: stockton-on-tees | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Old Hundredth
Shipmate
# 112

- Posted      Profile for Old Hundredth   Email Old Hundredth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You are in my prayers, Molly, as you face your final journey with a courage, dignity and humour which it has seldom been my privilege to encounter. God bless you always.

--------------------
If I'm not in the Chapel, I'll be in the bar (Reno Sweeney, 'Anything Goes')

Posts: 976 | From: The land of the barm cake | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulC

Ship's Lego nut
# 2256

- Posted      Profile for PaulC   Author's homepage   Email PaulC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(((((Molly))))) [Tear]
If only Thunderbird One could rescue you from this! But I know One who is so much greater has already saved you. [Smile]

Posts: 511 | From: deepest darkest Essex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
RiverRat-5
Apprentice
# 3605

- Posted      Profile for RiverRat-5   Email RiverRat-5   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly, I am very new to SoF but I stopped in here at the urging of Nicole with whom I've been friends nearly since the the cyber-age started. By all these messages and the hearfelt wishes, I can only surmise that you must be one super lady with an influence far beyond this humble board. I wish we could have met in RL, and apprently, a lot of people here, share the same sentiment. Just wanted to add my thoughts and heartfelt prayers.

Vio Con Dios Dear Lady.

--------------------
Peace...or a reasonable facsimile thereof...

Posts: 16 | From: 3 blocks from the Shenandoah | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello, Dear Heart....
Brisbane is hot and sultry tonight... yes, it is Christmas weather.

We have had a homecoming week in my family- me from the overseas trip, nephew from job up in the northern rainforests (tourism), and brother from Army service in Tasmania (pre-Antartic training- he goes next week for a year)... So we sat outside under the stars and told stories of far-off, magical places, and ate watermelon, and drank cold champagne. My 5 year old twin nieces ran around excitedly, proclaiming to all and sundry that Santa will come soon. My oldest nephew turned 26 today and formally announced his engagement over dinner. Quite a night! Families are important, aren't they!

We visited my father- still so ill, but now in a palliative care nursing home... Loved ones matter much, whether they be family or friends...

Thankyou for being part of my extended family- the family of God. I sat under the night skies, looked up to heaven, and thought of you. The famous constellation, the Southern Cross shone in the sky. I missed that when I was away; it anchors us psychologically, down here in Australia, up in the endless skies... God placed it there, and gave the stars their form. How incredible it is that the God of such artistry and power cares enough to make us also- exquisite, loved and loving folk, made in the image of the Divine.

He shines in you, my dear. Always has. Always will.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
birdie

fowl
# 2173

- Posted      Profile for birdie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly, I just have to tell you - it's a perfect day here! The sky is a fragile pale blue and the trees are criss-crossed black against it. The sun is shining and the bark of the birch trees is gleaming white. I am looking out of my office window and thinking of you. [Love]

birdie

--------------------
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Posts: 1290 | From: the edge | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was good to speak to you in real life may you know that God is with you.

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
lots of love from my lunchbreak ...but my bleep has just gone off...hope you are snoozing peacefully...xxxWD
Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gambit

London Shipmeet King
# 766

- Posted      Profile for Gambit   Author's homepage         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm another one of these people who can't find the words.

But, as I go to the most beautiful Advent service in the world tomorrow, at my old university, and listen to the anthem 'Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence' to the music of Edward Bairstow, I will think of you Molly. The icon in chapel, bought in memory of a friend of ours (my uni friends) who died, will also, forever, be in memory of you as well.

All love,

Gambit and Holly

--------------------
There is a little bit of my mitral regurgitation that is forever yours.

Wiblog: Now being updated less than regularly (again).

Posts: 1105 | From: the best bar in Heaven | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Posting on this thread seems like both the most important thing to do and the least important - the most so as to offer my prayers for you at this time of hope and fear, the least because, after all that others have said, what can I add that is even 10% as original and touching as what has already been said?

We offer you to the Lord of Hosts, the Lord who has suffered with us in our weakness, the Lord who defeated death and rose again. We have been blessed with faith in him and the 'sure and certain hope of the Resurrection'. May the Lord bless you and keep you in his heart, and comfort all those who will mourn when you move on.

May you rest in peace and rise in glory

Amen

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief

Ship's pirate
# 2049

- Posted      Profile for JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey Molly,

Me again. Remember what seems like years ago, but infact was only in March, you and I made a pact to walk 15 minutes each day. Neither of us kept going very long - but every time I do get walking now, always think of you, adding my prayers to the many that are already being sent.

Today, after I finnished the morning shift at work, I headed off down the swimming pool - I was the only customer most of the time. 64 lengths is a mile, on Monday I managed 22 lengths, today I proudly managed 32, ½ a mile. Some what exhausticated now, and aches where I had forgotten my body existed. The Life Gaurd was pleased when I had finished, think he was slightly concerned [Smile] .

Yesterday my bus brokedown - flat battery, whilst I had 7 of the elderly folk aboard. Was teaming down with rain outside, so as we sat waiting to be rescued (my boss with his jump leads) talk turned to Noahs Ark. We each decided what animal we would be on the ark, the first elderly wanted to be an elephant, another a lion. They all wanted me to be a Hippopotamus. At that point we were rescued - so I never did find out why I would be a hippapotamus!

Once more, loads of Hugs and another bunch of Roses.

Love & God Bless
JoyfulNoise xxx

--------------------
Written from my alternative universe.

Posts: 1101 | From: East Anglia in the UK | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lady A

Narnian Lady
# 3126

- Posted      Profile for Lady A   Author's homepage   Email Lady A   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Miss Molly,
I was awoken this morning by bunnies. You see, they are in a field, and there sits a sledge. I see a team of your favorites patiently waiting in the traces. They know that the battle is nearly over, but there is one last service they can do. They are patiently waiting, not even nibbling the leather of the harness though it smells so good and bunnies know how wonderful it would taste to nibble through. There are more bunnies around, some have ears up to catch every muttered thought of prayer for you, others whiffle at your hands and feet. Others still fight on while some begin to tear at the wall between our worlds, it grows thinner and thinner as they chew knowing that this release will beat the disease as nothing else can. Bunnies come across the plain, bunnies snuggle to keep you warm, bunnies check your breath and eyes, and tickle you with their whiskers. The valley is covered with bunnies, and as the wall thins, we hear mighty chews from the angel warrior bunnies on the other side. Other angel bunnies triumphantly sing and we catch the briefest hint of the song they raise. The bunnies know what to do, they point towards the place where you will walk, in fields of gold, with bunnies capering about your feet in joy that their Linda has come home...

Posts: 2545 | From: The Lion's Mane, Narnia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
frin

Drinking coffee for Jesus
# 9

- Posted      Profile for frin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly,

your love has enriched this board. And I thank you for that. You have been in my prayers, in my songs and in my thoughts all day today.

May the peace of the Lord be always with you.

'frin

--------------------
"Even the crocodile looks after her young" - Lamentations 4, remembering Erin.

Posts: 4496 | From: a library | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Molly, what a send off you will have! With all the prayers and hymns swirling round you, you will be propelled up to Heaven like a rocket!
Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have been thinking.... one of the last things that Molly wanted to organise was the entombment of St Seb. I feel that it is our duty to help her achive her wish.

Someone mentioned that St Seb's blood should be bottled.

I feel that we should take St Seb to a kosher butcher and have his blood drained. This can then be bottled and sent all over the world; to shipmates, to the sick or oppressed. (Wonder how much we could charge for it?)

We would of course replace the blood with Ruby Port. I suspect that he would be a happy little soul with 10 pints of Ruby Port swilling around his insides. So happy in fact that he wouldn't mind being entombed.

I know that his blood has powerful stuff in it, but is it powerful enough to pay for all the black marble that Miss M has her heart set on? We may have to call on some shipmated to do the internal decoration of St Seb's tomb (I don't know if his blood will be able to pay for all of the costs.)

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by babybear:
We may have to call on some shipmated to do the internal decoration of St Seb's tomb (I don't know if his blood will be able to pay for all of the costs.)

Fear not babybear, my parter used to run a decorating service before the DIY shop - we can get everything free of charge. [Wink]

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh Molly, Molly! In your honour, and thanks to you, the Boards now have a smilie with eyebrows! [Tear]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Porter-Miller

Tiocfaidh Separabit
# 1459

- Posted      Profile for Robert Porter-Miller   Author's homepage   Email Robert Porter-Miller   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oiche maith agus codladh samh mo cara - Dia Duit

Roibeard

--------------------
It's a beautiful day - don't let it get away - Bono and the boys

Let's all "Release Some Tension"

Posts: 1231 | From: Washington, D.C. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly,

We are having the first serious snow of the season, here in DC. It's been snowing since midnight, we've got at least seven inches now, and it's covered everything with its glittering perfection. All except in the back garden where the boys have made a messy hash of it.

Thinking of you.
Laura

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Sebastian

Staggering ever onward
# 312

- Posted      Profile for St. Sebastian   Email St. Sebastian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
BabyBear, don't make me get out of this chair and come over there!

My dears, it is unlikely that Molly will be posting again. She can't read, but her mother is reading the thread to her, and all your emails. Molly told me last night to thank you all and tell you she "loves, loves loves!" you.

She had a decent night and ate a little toast this morning. The morphine is making her hallucinate, but she says they are fun hallucinations, not scary, and that she can tell what's real and what isn't. It occurred to me that ya'll might want to send cards to Mr. and Mrs. Dillon after Molly is gone. I'm not sure it's proper to post their address. I'm going to ask Mrs. Dillon today if she minds it being posted. If she does, then by all means email me and I'll add you to my address list as the SOF group and do a mass mailing with it.

I saw Molly last night. She was flushed, dozy,but her breathing was less labored than it has been. Her spirit and humour still shine through (she'll love that shower remark!). Her mother and Marion were very teary, but to me Molly seems very peaceful and even a little detached (which I know is partly Morphine, but I also believe she is letting go now).

I will continue to print out the thread daily to be read to her, and any private emails you send. Just put "Molly" in the header and I wont' read them (unless I have to read them to her; but I will not remember them).

The Ship sent a stunning flower arrangement, which was a pleasure to her and her mother. I'll get a picture and post it somewhere.

Thank you all for your continued prayers. The coming together of this community, with all our disagreements and tifs, in support of one of our own, and, indeed, one of our own that many of us haven't met, is truly a witness of Christ. You will never know the blessing it has been for Molly, and the joy you've all brought her.

[Not worthy!]

--------------------
St. Seb

In Spite of Everything: Yes.

Posts: 962 | From: Burlington, North Carolina | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Helo Amty Moly
This is the nise and the hamson one .
I am getting on well and my fravret is Histery .
Ihave a mirkell for you - A COMMENDASHEN from
scool for working hard. Mum is plessed with ME.
I'm sorry that I will miss torking to you!

Love N (Tiddles)
xxxxx

helo i am the litl hamsoom boy,
i am sad i will mis you [Frown] .but it will be good wif jeesoos. [Killing me]

luv from n (Smudgelet)

Thank you Simon for letting my boys say goodbye to their friend Molly. Molly, they and I send you all our love. Of course they are sad, and it's a learning experience for them too, but they're struck on the sunflower idea that you shared with them and know that, while they won't be able to talk to you, you'll be watching out for them, and partying with Jesus!!!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So who wants to be the shipmate who precedes St Sebastian through all the threads he posts on and festoons his path with rose petals?

I wish I had a pretty day to describe, but, well, it's crap. Getting colder by the minute and raining, which would be good if I could be at home and sleeping, but alas I am working (or so they think -- I've actually been posting, praying and even ducked out to the local church hahahahahahaha). I've been listening to the new Christmas CD from Mannheim Steamroller, particularly the last track -- an arrangement of Auld Lang Syne that is Chip Davis at his finest. Rather fitting, I think... we'll drink a cup of kindness yet for times gone by...

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
:kisses her hand with a low gentlemanly bow so Miss Molly can't see the tears:

"Always the lady in spite of Hell, always toujours gai"

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It is snowing. Been home sick with a cold the last two days, but the snow outside is beautiful.

*HUGS* Molly!

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016