homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Glory   » Fields of Gold (Page 17)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Fields of Gold
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My dad's father, whom I call my Rev. Grandpa, was very excited that he was going to pass soon. He had esp in some ways, according to my dad. He kept trying to talk to me about his upcoming leave of the mother ship but I would have NONE OF THAT (I was only 8 and unable to process death). What I never talk about (since people always want to judge but I am putting it out there for you) is that I dreamed of a star going up to heaven and the date NOV. 1!!! very prominently the eve of his death (my birthday, Halloween). He died on ALL SAINT'S DAY and I KNEW when he died since I dreamed it! It was glorious but hard to follow and remember all of it. I only remember that bit of the dream. I woke up to my mom telling me he had passed.

I think I got the gift too since I get hunches and stuff but I never can always make sense of them...nor do they come when I want them to at will.

I felt the little girl I dreamed about with the dog was you...perhaps sine you mentioned that in this thread. But then that guy at work, Fred, coming up to me and telling me he "dreamed I gave his family [he has little children] a puppy" made me think my other hunch should be told to St. Seb. so I did a pm to him for you to know that particular hunch.

All I know is my massage therapist, whom I have known for years and trust really was in a coma for 5 days from a car accident and describes passing over as a "wonderful experience" and that "God is love! He is so wonderful!" she is unable to express things in detail though but glows whenever she discusses that experience. It changed her life...she quit working for some computer company and took clases to be a massage therapist...and now has her own thriving practice here in the Silicon Valley. She told me this "everything the bible says is TRUE! All of it!" Now, since we see through a glass darkly...it means something bigger and better than any of us can imagine awaits you.

Rest in His soverignty, my sweet one. He who created a great work in you will be faithful to complete it.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi!

I'm just posting to say that you are thought of often here in cold Pennsylvania. The beautiful snow of the other day is not just a mess, but it sure gives you the Christmas spirit. I'm doing a flannel quilt and full of other Christmas projects. The cards are sent and some presents to the far away friends and relatives.

Sending love to you and Mother and Marian, also to San Sebastian and Timothy. [Angel]

One day we will meet and what a party that will be!

Mother [Love]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My, there's a whole world of interesting tidbits to catch up on when I stay off the Ship for a couple of days...

Lesliebeans? Half-M's? "Interview With An Hallucination" by Morphia Nice?

Oh, what my husband misses, insisting upon all his friendships being face-to-face...

Everything is blessedly normal here today, Molly.

Hubby Mike is over on the next street sharing some websites useful in Bible study with a friend. After an 11-hour day welding, and before he even sits down to eat supper. Either he's very dedicated to sharing the Lord, or he doesn't like what I've cooked. [Razz]

Eldest Jessamyn is almost done with this semester's college finals; she had her last concert of the season a few days ago, where the Chamber Choir dressed in dazzling Renaissance finery and served their dining audience as well as performing for them.

Typical Middle Child Mike III, at 17, is enjoying his first "real" job (i.e., with a timeclock and paycheck and taxes) at the Christmas tree lot. He turns on the charm and carries home the most amazing large tips. The proprietress doesn't bother to go to the bank any more for small-bill change; she supplies her cash register from Mike's wallet, and he gets the big bills that look so impressive. [Eek!]

Little Joe, at 10, is a mish-mosh of kid and teen. He simply had to have his hair 'just so' when he left for school this morning, yet here he sits behind me fascinated by Disney's "Alice in Wonderland" on the TV.

We haven't started using the central heat yet, so each day is an adventure where Ginger the pit bulldog is concerned. What new and irritating way will she find to stay warm? What clean warm laundry will she nestle her doggy-smelling self into? Which child will she choose to sleep with tonight, winding herself up into the blankets like a burrito and leaving my poor babies uncovered?

As for Mr. Kitty, massive silver-cream-and-Siamese-seal-pointed Tom... he is what he is. The only real change I've noticed with the onset of cool weather is that he comes home with fewer battle scars. Maybe the marauding trespassing Toms stick closer to their own homes when it's cold.

Well, I did see him charging madly back & forth over the lawn for no apparent reason the day the heat first broke and the humidity dropped. I guess he's not the cool, unaffected Iron Tom after all.

Feels a bit plain, telling you about my evening here when everyone else's posts are so interesting... but, then, I think "normal" can be soothing. And I think you could use something soothing from time to time, considering the wild time you're having with your hallucinatory friends all night long.

Hey, you know what? Try explaining about all the Ship friends who are keeping watch for you. Tell new people you meet. Tell those angelic hospice folks. Tell them about Dragons and Dolphies and Sophs, oh my! See what they think... They'll probably humor you, poor opium-drenched Molly, and wink at each other over your head. Nanny Ogs indeed. [Wink]

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
DMarie

Ship's stray
# 2267

- Posted      Profile for DMarie   Email DMarie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly, I've been talking to my cats about you. My youngest is a little boy cat who holds my hand when I'm troubled. Sometimes if I wake up in the middle of the night feeling anxious I swear he squeezes my hand comfortingly. All of our prayers are with you, your mother, St. Seb, Marion, TimothyL and everyone who loves you so dearly. I was so glad to see your post but even when you don't post I take comfort in the fact that you are in good hands and are hearing the thoughts sent out to you. I hope your chair arrives soon.

Love and blessings to you all
DM

Posts: 163 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy*

Jedi defender of ship's cats
# 1059

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy*   Email jedijudy*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi Molly! After some good laughs and quite a lot of tears from reading everyone's posts, I'll just tell you "Sweet dreams, tonight!"

I finished all my decorating today. Well, all but putting lights on the bushes in front of the house. It's only taken two weeks [Eek!] to decorate the tree! Between D-U and myself throwing five or six ornaments on between running hither and yon, it's been almost forever. [Disappointed]

Goodnight dear heart! I'll check in on you in the morning!

Lots of love, and a deep Jedi bow to my honored sister!

(((Molly)))

Judy

--------------------
ENFP...do you see a "T" anywhere??? I don't think so.

Posts: 3248 | From: Soon to be inhabiting identity # 333!!! | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
busyknitter
Shipmate
# 2501

- Posted      Profile for busyknitter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good morning Molly

I'm having an extreme bout of larkiness as I've been up since 4.30 am GMT. I love the early morning before anyone else is awake. It's the best time to pray (which is what I will go and do in a minute) and to think. Mr. BK is a total owl of course. We have been known to pass one another as I get up and he goes to bed!

Haven't much to say right now, but just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and will be in my prayers in just a mo

BK

Posts: 903 | From: The Wool Basket | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My darling Dame Molly,
Greetings from a block of iced Dolphy! My boiler has packed up and I have no central heating or hot water! It is minus three outside and much much colder inside - so I am wearing layers and layers of clothing to attempt to keep warm! The plumber promised me he'd be here first thing this morning... 5 hours later, I am still waiting! Anyway, I thought I'd update you on the love birds! - Brandy and Jessie are getting worse by the day! Last night, Brandy decided that he wanted to come and cuddle up to Jessie on 'your' chair. So he walked through to the living room and proceeded to rub himself on the sofa, the chair, the table, roll in front of the gas fire, lick Jessie's nose and then jump up onto the coffee table knocking over a bottle of red wine and two glasses full!!! He then lay there looking pleased as pleased could be!!! Jack was not too happy - as you can imagine - and between us we managed to clear up the mess while Jessie and Brandy looked on. After we had sat down again they decided to chase each other round the house for an hour, then suddenly everything went quiet...about half an hour later we went up to bed - there they were... lying together on the bed looking like [Angel] ...what shall we do with them?!!
Love from us all,
Dolphy. xxx

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello Molly, sorry about the crossed eyes. I've been told my posts have that effect on people so I'll keep it short.

Spent half of Saturday afternoon in the wardrobe. Not as you might think a stress reaction for the seriously neurotic, but because that's where the fuse box is. You would think I had mastered the art of changing a lightbulb, but no, somehow I managed to blow up the hot water boiler and have been without since the weekend. The wardrobe is quite nice, tall, roomy and freshly painted an appealing pale spring yellow inside, but it wasn't really where I wanted to spend my Saturday afternoon. All the best wardrobes also come with a panel inside that leads on to a magical, mysterious land full of talking animals and wonderful adventures, but I suppose for the rent I pay I shouldn't really be surprised the flat doesn't have one.

Ah well. Weather remains bitingly cold but today is overcast - none of the turquoise, gold and pearl that began and ended yesterday. There's ice on the edge of the wind, but at last it actually feels like winter instead of this unseasonal mild weather we've been having. A good excuse to cook warming winter food, pull out chunky sweaters and enjoy being in on cold nights. Winter has its merits. Take care and keep warm, hope to hear of you again soon.

St. Sebastian

Staggering ever onward
# 312

- Posted      Profile for St. Sebastian   Email St. Sebastian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello, Shipdates, Here's the Morning Molly update from WSEB news:

Molly "took to her bed" last night, as we say in the South, but according to her mother had second thoughts after I left and rose from her sick-bed like Peter's mother-in-law, though instead of cooking and carrying on she opted for more Ship reading and music provided by her Shipmates. I went over for dinner last night, two of Molly's favourites, a potato dish (the name of which I forget, but I believe it has a "c" in it. Or a "g") and very tasty sausage. I sat with Molly and gave her a hand massage and arm tickle while we chatted a bit. Then I read the most recent posts to her. Scot, your lovely story pleased her muchly. She's thrilled Mr. B got the job. She loves hearing about all of your lives. Mrs. Dillon says Molly slept very well this morning and even insisted upon walking to the table for a cup of cocoa and some toast. Her breathing was much less labored last night. I took over a passle of new drugs last night and I guess they made her more comfortable because she's feeling better today (of course, it's all relative; her "feeling better" is my "calling into work sick and cursing the dark". Her father and sister are coming in tonight. Molly told me she thinks the time is very near. Her poor mother is being so brave and is so scared. She said it is like watching a tidal wave bearing down on you and there's nowhere to run. It breaks my heart.

I'm going over tonight, and depending on what all is going on, may try to post an update from Molly's computer. If not, tomorrow morning!

Bless and Keep you all.

--------------------
St. Seb

In Spite of Everything: Yes.

Posts: 962 | From: Burlington, North Carolina | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
thanks for the update St. Seb...
bless you for all you are doing...

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly:

Do you think there will come a day when my family is tired of turkey? I put another turkey in the oven this morning, after I'd shoved everyone out of the door to work and school. I seasoned him and stuffed his various cavities with apples and carrots and things (oh, my!).

We are five, and we are big eaters. (That is, we eat a lot. Only some of us are large big eaters.)

So, the low prices on fresh and frozen turkeys right now cannot be beaten. Since I finally have an oven worthy of the name, I'm on my fourth big bird of the season.

Well, the second simple turkey. Eighth bird, if you count all the birds-within-birds from the two TurDucHens so far.

Speaking of birds... you know what I reeeeeally want to eat right now? A file ('fee-lay') gumbo. (File=sassafras.)

Made with these little duck-like birds from the swamps... poule-d'eau is how you'd spell it, I guess, pronounced 'pool-doux'? They aren't quite ducks... perhaps they're loons. (Hmmn... we eat loons... that could explain a lot about my family...)

My uncle Charles, "Brother", he who inherited the Indian-red sunburned skin, Paul Newman eyes and white-as-snow hair from Pappa Charles Sr., is the master maker of poule-d'eau file gumbo.

One thing about Cajun men, they don't starve and whine if the women-folk aren't around to cook, they just whip up a cauldron of gumbo, corn soup with shrimp, whatever they can lay their hands on & put in the freezer. My Daddy's the Corn Soup King. You'd eat it until you felt like a pate-de-foie-gras goose.

My Mike is a wonderful man, but he ain't no Cajun, cher. He's a Scot, mostly. He has the terrific Cajun work ethic, but he don't play like a Cajun. "Pauvre 'tit Michel, il pleus pas dancer..."

I'm not one of those spooky people who see a demon under every doily, and who credit God with telling them which sock to put on... but I felt driven to sit down and talk to you about food this morning. Perhaps you don't want to eat?

Are you eating, dear? Have you any appetite? Can your mother tempt you with her special dishes, such as all Moms have? Please eat, honey, even if you don't plan on being here forever, ya gotta eat while ya hee-ah!

Please it God, blessings will be slathered all over you [Love] and yours today, Amen?

Janine

--------------------

Hils
Shipmate
# 2251

- Posted      Profile for Hils     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dearest Molly,

I have finally returned to work after my little op only to find the school as mad as ever with loads of play rehearsals and party preperations going on. At least I can shut the door of the computer suite and hide from it all.
Joseph is getting excited as he is in the school play for the first time. He has to play a little Swedish boy called 'Sven'.
Sophie dog, is loving this cold snap and while the rest of us huddle round the nearest radiator she loves going out and sitting in the garden! I guess that is what comes of having a snow dog for a pet!
My devishly handsome hubby is as lovely as ever and often asks after you. We are both thinking and praying for you and all you family and friends over there.
I hope I don't cause offence to anyone, but I know you would want to know that John's mum is doing really well and her treatment is working and she is feeling better.
I won't go on as I know it is hard to read too much.
I miss talking to you so much Molly, everytime I log onto my pc and see you name there it reminds me of you.
Loads of love from me and my men not to mention the dog! [Wink]
[Love] [Love] [Tear] [Tear] [Love]

Posts: 470 | From: Surrey | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

Heh, St. Sebastian's update hit while I was composing my post above. Looks like you are eating! Praise Him.

What in the world was the Lord up to? I really felt pushed by someone to the keyboard...

You don't suppose the Prince of This World (no, not Michael Jackson, I mean Beelzebub [Devil] ) wants me to tell you about food? [Paranoid]

--------------------

welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello Molly,

Thank you for posting, St. Seb, it is so great to know what has been happening. Thank you also for the printing and reading of posts exercise.

I am glad, Molly, you'll have your family around you tonight.

It is already dark here, the twilight falls so soon, and we are within 2 weeks of the longest day of the year, a rather dramatic idea. A pleasing one to associate with Christmas I guess, light coming into the literal darkness. I always like it when at Mass everyone has candles and lights them one from another till the whole church fills with light. But then again, I have a thing about candles...and real fires...

I did light not just one but 7 candles for you a few weeks back as promised, to St. Anthony, the patron saint of Lost Things. There was a little novena beside the candles and I prayed through it, something I haven't done since I was a child, which made me smile. I have a soft spot for St. Anthony, because I'm always losing things, though he isn't a terribly effective method of getting them back again. Anyhow, I think you have 5 spare wishes not dedicated to anything - we could hope for Ariel to find her umbrella perhaps.

And on that note I will venture out myself umbrella-less into the cold dark night back to another hospital, but I will be thinking of you in the car and playing Janine's choir's very rousing rendition of Amazing Grace again...

lots of love WDxxx

Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Brent
Shipmate
# 3498

- Posted      Profile for Brent   Email Brent   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good Morning Dear Molly,
I trust that God's tender hands have you embraced in his loving comfort. I have not been on the boards in a few days as I made my travel back home, which is now completed, YEAH!, however, you were in my prayers through the many miles home, and I see it is going to take me a few days to catch up on all the posts since my last visit.
My send-off from So. California was grand! My landlady, Nanette (who I might add is an eccentric Brit) went way over the top in her goodbye. She started 3 days prior to my departure by planning a farewell dinner and inviting some of my closest friends over, decorated the whole house for Christmas which included 2 trees (18' and 12') 11 wreaths, 20 pots of Pointsietta's 50+ Christmas bears and at least as many Christmas Angels, and various other decorations that would put a Chritmas store to shame! A woman after my daughters heart, lol. On top of that, she spent 2 days re-polishing all of her silver, as if my golfing buddies would ever notice. We had a few moments prior to their arrival to sit and reminisce about the year spent at her place, with many laughs and tears over a bottle of Johannisberg Reisling Wine (my favorite). We shared about the many nights we spent discussing life, jobs, relationships, joys and disappointments we both have experienced and after the discussion, we exchanged gifts and hurriedly attended to the kitchen for the upcoming feast.

Stephan and John, my 2 best friends while down in Temecula, came over for the feast and we enjoyed a lovely dinner of Turkey and all the fixin's. I darn near ate myself to sleep, which wasn't a good thing since I was planning on driving all night to avoid the boredom of Central California.
I left Temecula with many mixed emotions and it will take a while for my readjustment to occur. God has a unique way of placing you in areas where you may least expect yourself to be, and our discipline in being obedient to those directions can be difficult to deal with or even understand. In retrospect, I see that God needed to me to be at this school for the past year, even though it was very difficult to be without my family for that time. I struggled with the fear that they would interpret it as an easy departure from them and I found myself on edge many a nite, however, a deep change in heart occured and I was moved by God to change my focus, restore my family, and fall in love with my wife again. Doors of opportunity that seemed as though they were shut forever, opened and I find myself back in Oregon and looking forward to a wonderful future. I truly believe that all of this is in God's hands.

I left for home around 8pm on Friday night with a strong prayer that God would see my car make it home. By 2:00am, I knew I had had it and needed to stop for a rest and found a quaint Motel 6 with a room available with no heat, lol. I asked her if I would survive with no heat and she responded by saying that $15.00 off for the trouble warms many a heart. I agreed and gave her the money, with the understanding that warm hearts need extra blankets. We had resolution and off to bed I went. By 7:30 am that morning, I was raring to hit the road again since I still had approximately 600 miles yet to go. With very few stops planned except for gas and natural callings, I was on my way and arrived through a bank of fog to my northern nesting den of Meriweather Court at 7:00pm Saturday evening.

A huge, and I mean huge, hug from my youngest son spoke clearly to me that I was home. The most precious heart a young son could have was there to meet me at the door, which I knew would happen. What more could a father ask for, it brought me to tears.
I spent the better part of that evening just holding my family in my arms, except for my oldest son, who had a friend over and did little to acknowledge my presence except for a hi dad, and then back to the computer. Ahhhh, teens!

So, now it's time for unpacking, and finding out where I fit in. Many things have changed this year, but with God's strength, I will find my place, and trust in him to help me through the fears I have in this return.

This ship has been a big boost in helping my focus and I cherish the friendship we have made this past month and a half. I shall continue to pray for you and all of the extended family of support you have. I thank God every day for those that are caring for you. Continue to rest in God's gentle peace.

Your friend,
Brent

--------------------
In His Grip...

Posts: 127 | From: On the links | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, it's been a mad busy week here on the ship with the best media coverage we have ever had today (see 12 Days of Kitschmas thread on The Styx). December will be our best month by far, statistically.

But through all the laughter we are thinking of you, Molly, and hoping that it all brings a smile to you, and yours, as well.

[Wink]

--------------------
'Now if you'll excuse me, I have to appear on a tortilla in Mexico...'
Jesus to Homer Simpson

Posts: 1087 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Anyhow, I think you have 5 spare wishes not dedicated to anything - we could hope for Ariel to find her umbrella perhaps.

And on that note I will venture out myself umbrella-less into the cold dark night back to another hospital...

Pay no attention to this woman's shameless bid for sympathy. She doesn't need an umbrella, it isn't likely to rain. What she needs is a woolly hat and a torch.

Also, please don't spend your 5 wishes on reuniting me with my lost umbrella. There are much better uses for them than that, and anyway I have a new one which is much nicer. I don't care about the old one, and wouldn't take it back if it knocked on the door demanding to be let in, the faithless creature. If it wants to go and have a good time in Bournemouth on its own that's its problem. I don't care. I'm not upset.

Not even so much as a postcard from it.

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As to umbrellas, Ariel, it may have eloped with mine. It's a rainbow striped one, very big and sturdy.

If they come knocking at your door, send them both off to make a life for themselves; they're grown up now.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wandering with Hope
Shipmate
# 3431

- Posted      Profile for Wandering with Hope   Email Wandering with Hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly-

At last I am fully up and running after our ice storm. My power & water were out for two days, phones were in and out, internet service just came back today (which is 6 days with none) - I'm sure you can imagine which luxury I missed the most. [Smile]

As Bessie said this was quite a storm! Trees crashing all around - transformers blowing up everywhere - all from ice! We didn't sleep much that first night at all. You can only imagine how bad things turned here at the house after only 24 hours of no power (which = no tv or radio), a 11 year old son-unit, and 15 year old daughter-unit (and their friends - of course). None of us could go outside due to the tree limbs still falling and my hubby was at work. At one point I was going to GIVE the kids the house. [Big Grin] Fortunately life is getting back to normal - the kids have even gone back to school (surpressing the urge to jump on the bed with joy).

Please know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Hugs -
Wandering w/ hope

Posts: 113 | From: between the ocean and the mountains | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

This came to me today from a friend on the Grace Centered Magazine discussion boards... it makes a yearly round, and has been so altered and adapted and beloved on so many bulletin boards, I doubt there's any copyright to worry about.

I about fell on the floor laughing. If you need me to call you because no one in South Salt Lake City can do a Cajun accent, let me know, I'll read it to you.

Cajun 12 Days of Christmas According to Boudreaux

Day 1: Dear Boudreaux,
Thanks for de bird in de Pear tree. I fix it las' night with dirty rice. I don tink de pear tree will grow wid all da heat in the summa.
--Marie

Day 2: Dear Boudreaux,
You letter say you sent two turtle doves, but all I got was two scrawny pigeons. Anyway, I mixed dem with andouille and made some gumbo out of dem.
--Marie

Day 3: Dear Boudreaux,
Why couldn't you a sent me crawfish? I'm tired of eating dem darn birds. I gave two of dose prissy French chickens to Marie Trahan over by Grand Terrebonne an fed the t'ird one to my dog Phydeaux. Marie needed her some sparring partner for her fighting rooster.
--Marie

Day 4: Dear Boudreau,
Mon Dieux! I tol' you no more (%44#*!@) birds! Deez four, what you call dem, "callin' birds" were so noisy you could hear dem all de way to Napoleonville. I used dere necks for my crab traps, an fed de rest of dem to de gators.
--Marie

Day 5: Dear Boudreaux,
You finally sen' somethin useful! I like dem golden rings, me. I hocked dem at da pawn shop in Thibodaux and got enuf money to fix da shaft on my shrimp boat an buy a round for da boys at de Patin's in Labadieville! Merci beaucoup!
--Marie

Day 6: Dear Boudreaux,
Couchon! Back to da birds, you Cajun turkey! Poor egg suckin' Phydeaux is scared to death at dem six geeses. He tried to eat dems eggs and dey peck de heck out ah his snout. Dey good at eating cockroaches, though. I may stuff one of dem wit oyrster dressing on Christmas day.
--Marie

Day 7: Dear Boudreaux,
I'm gonna wring your fool neck next time I see you. Thibeau, da mailman, is ready to kill ya. The merde from all dem birds is stinkin' up his mailboat. He afraid someone will slip on dat stuff and sue him but good. I let those seven swans loose to swim on de bayou and some duck hunters from Mississippi blasted dem out of de water. Talk to you tomorrow.
--Marie

Day 8: Dear Boudreaux,
Poor ole Thibeau, he had to make t'ree trips on his mailboat to deliver dem 8 Maids-a-Milkin' and dere cows. One of dem cows got spook by da 'gators and almost flip da boat. I doan like dem shiftless maids, me, non. I told dem to get to work guttin' fish and sweepin' the shack, but dey say it wasn't in dair contract. Dey probably think dey too good ta skin dem nutrias I caught last night.
--Marie

Day 9: Dear Boudreaux,
What you trying to do huh? Thibeau had to borrow the Lutcher Ferry to carry dem jumpin twits you call 'Lords-a-Leaping' across the bayou. As soon as dey gots here dey wanted a tea break with crumpets. I doan know what dat means but I says, "Well La Di Da. You get Chicory coffee or nuttin." Mon Dieu, Emile. What I'm gonna feed all dese bozos? Dey too snooty for fried nutria, and de cows done et my turnip greens. Marie

Day 10: Dear Boudreaux,
You gots to be outta you mind! If de mailman don't kill you, I will fo sure. Today he deliver 10 half-nikkid floozies from Bourbon Street. Dey said dey waz "Ladies Dancin" but dey doan act like ladies in front doze Limey twits. Dey almos' left after one of dem got bit by a water moccasin over by da out-house. I had to butcher 2 cows to feed toute le monde an had to get toilet paper; the Sears catalog warn't good enuf fer dose hoity-toity Lords' royal behin's.
--Marie

Day 11: Dear Boudreaux,
Where y'at? Cheerio an' pip pip. Your 11 pipers piping arrive today from da House of Blues, "second linin'" as dey got off de boat. We fixed stuffed goose and beef jambalaya an' made a fais-do-do. Da new mailman he having a good time, yeah, dancing with de floozies. Thibeau he jump off de Sunshine Bridge today, screaming you name. If you get a mysterious, tickin' package in da mail, doan open it.
--Marie

Day 12: Dear Boudreaux,
I sorry to tell ya but I not your true love no more, no. After da fais-do-do, I spent de night with Jacque, de head piper. We decide to open a restaurant and gentleman's club on de bayou. The floozies, pardon me, Ladies Dancin', can make $20 for a table and de Lords can be waiters an valet park de boats. Since de maids doan have no more cows ta milk, I trained dem ta set my crab traps, watch my trotlines, an run my shrimping business. We will probably gross a million nex year.

Marry Crissmas ta all and ta all, a gud naht!

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello, dear- tis early dawn here on a bright summer's day... typical Xmas weather.

Yesterday, a small group of girls toured the hospital where I work, singing carols. A patient told me they sounded like angels in heaven.

I bet the real angels are preparing a right royal welcome home party for some-one they love dearly... God makes such a fabulous host.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy*

# 1059

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy*   Email jedijudy*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly, Sweetie, it was so good to hear your voice just now. Please just rest, and enjoy the good care of your dear mother. (Thank you so very much Mrs. Dillon.)

For those who are reading this thread, Molly wants you all to know how very happy you've made her. I told her that she's the one who has made us all happy.

I love you, Molly.

[Tear] jj

--------------------

Posts: 3248 | From: Soon to be inhabiting identity # 333!!! | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good afternoon Molly,

Or good evening. It's early to be sitting here in my pyjamas. However, I've an early start tomorrow, as I have to take the 7.54 am into sunny Surrey to play Father Christmas to my aunt, uncle and brothers.

It'll be a strange feeling as I walk up the road from the station, within view of the Cathedral, As you know, we lost 'Big Grannie,' the little Miffy's Great Grandmother back in May. Tomorrow will be the first time I've been in town and not been able to visit her home. It's now sadly been passed on to a new family. I hear they have a little boy. I hope he enjoys playing in that huge garden as much as have three generations of our family's offspring; somewhere among the family archives are photos of children at play in the 1930's 60's and 90's.

You'll be glad to know I'm working away at the back with the help of a good physio. The aim is to get the spine moving properly by Christmas, (you should hear those deafening clicks, eek!), then later on start to build up the muscles. I've special insoles for my shoes - yes, I'm afraid I'm a slightly knock-kneed Miffy. Mephi is the only member of the family who doesn't burst out laughing at the sight of me exercising. He treats the whole thing as an opportunity to have a quick nap, and curls up quite happily beside me on the bed.

Must go now, Molly, and see what havoc Scz has unleashed in the Nativity Play thread in my absence.

Much love
Miffy

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi Molly;

You don't know me and we've never corresponded, but I've learned a bit about you and your situation from the other Shipmates here.

I don't really know what to say, so I wish you much peace and grace in your journey, both for you and for your friends and family. I've read that your mom's helping out, so from what I experienced from my late dad's situation (similar to yours), I wish her an extra portion of rest and joy.

FWIW, I'd love to send you a jar of my homemade bbq sauce if your diet will allow it. Please PM me a mailing address if this would work for you.

Peace to you.

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly, I sing praise songs in my car as I drive to work for you, the ones I memorized. God is so wonderful. I am glad you are able to read everyone's thoughts on the thread.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Duo Seraphim*
Sea lawyer
# 3251

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim*   Email Duo Seraphim*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Molly,

As I came in to work this morning, I saw the following sign on the lift:

"SPIRITUALITY - go directly to level 1 by the stairs"

Underneath a wag had written:

"Or elevate yourself."

It made me laugh anyway. [Big Grin]

I am having increasing difficulty keeping my sock puppet, Angel 3, under some sort of control. Unlike myself, she has proved to be a shameless media trollop and upstaging ham of the worst type. Mind you - the rest of the Angelic Host on the SOF Nativity Play have nothing to snicker about...

I shall go and see my sister and my new nephew tommorrow night - wonder whether the 3 hourly feeds have fattened him up.

I'm a little more able to write about Allan's funeral on the 4th December now - thank you for your kind words about the music. It was, as multipara said, a splendid send off. We managed a schola of 8 from the Paddington Cacophonic Society to do the plainchant, even though it was a weekday. Allan used to chant with the Gregorian Schola of St Mary's Cathedral. Their director and five of them came and chanted with us. It meant a great deal. Among other things we sang "Ubi caritas" - the antiphon of which appears below in my signature. It means "Where there is true charity and love, God is present."

Blessings and prayers for you, Molly and for your mother,St Seb, Marian and TimothyL.

--------------------
2^8, eight bits to a byte

Posts: 3967 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
multipara
Shipmate
# 2918

- Posted      Profile for multipara   Author's homepage   Email multipara   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Miss Molly, St Seb et al,

The Seraphic one is not wrong about her alter ego-trollop ain't the word! I refer you to her rendition of "Away with a stranger"-giving scandal to the rest of the cast!!! Oh well, at least she isn't promoting the foetal alcohol syndrome...

As for her own modest, retiring persona-hah!!! What I wouldn't give to see her bewigged and begowned in court, doing her most Rumpole-ish.

The fires are now out in Sydney, and I am told that out in the blackened bush little sprigs of green are already pushing their way through the ground.

Allan's Requiem was beautiful, as DS has mentioned, and it was a great honour to be there to help sing him to Heaven.

The Antipodean Christmas (or the approaches thereto) are a great excuse for marrymaking and drunkenness, amongst believers and unbelievers alike. Last Friday the combined medical facilities of Victoria (where I am one of the MOs) and Randwick Barracks ( a few km away) had their annual Xmas bash-guess where!!-chez multipara. We all knocked off work at 12-30, I scooted home (a couple of streets away)and the others turned up laden with beer a short time later. Much merriment , food and drink, and free entertainment when the hostess with the mostest (not!!) cut her (luckily) left hand on the sharp top edge of the dishwasher and subsequently required 2 stitches-put in by my ever-so-slightly tipsy boss at the dining-room table while the rest of the crew looked on, commended my bravery and ( constructively)criticised his efforts. One of the nurses ran up to Vic Barracks , unlocked the medical centre and returned with suture gear-then exclaimed "Oh God, I forgot the gloves!!" We proceeded nonetheless after both my boss and I declared (in fron tof witnesses) that our recent Hep B, Hep C and HIV tests had all come back negative. He did a great job and the hand is healing nicely...however I had forgotten about all the things one does with the left hand that the right hand does not know about! One such was a pathetic request to Sponsa Amabilis to wash and dry the right armpit, much to his amusement. He was rather tartly reminded that he wasn't being asked to perform any other ablutory functions!! Just think, if I were in the US of A I might have scored a Purple Heart for that little effort; ah well, can't be helped.

Thinking of you all in cold Utah, prayers to be taken as read.

love and cheers to you all,

m

Posts: 4985 | From: new south wales | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by multipara:
The Seraphic one is not wrong about her alter ego-trollop ain't the word! I refer you to her rendition of "Away with a stranger"-giving scandal to the rest of the cast!!! Oh well, at least she isn't promoting the foetal alcohol syndrome...

Hey, hey! I assume that's a reference to Angel 6? Please bear in mind that angels are unaffected by alcohol, and one must assume that Deities ditto. And if the booze gets to the Evil Twin, well, them's the breaks. I'm just doing the Lord's work.

Okay, if Molly wasn't already having strange dreams from the morphine, this ought to do it. Sorree! (And we wish you could be in there with us, Molly!)

Rossweisse // playing against type as Angel 6
[Angel] [Two face] [Angel] [Two face] [Angel] [Two face] [Angel]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lady A

Narnian Lady
# 3126

- Posted      Profile for Lady A   Author's homepage   Email Lady A   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Miss Molly,
The moon is veiled by fabrics of cloud, and I am out on the street. I love the view of our Christmas tree from out here. Our house sits back on the lot, along the creek, and our living room has two windows on the corners. The tree shines out across the lawn. If I walk a bit further just right, I can see the Christmas tree lights out both windows and sparkling on the creek. My Brent has strung all the lights. He is home now, and he brought down Christmas presents, snuggled up under the tree. There is a special present there for Lady A and I hope that maybe the bunnies will nibble a corner! I of course would never think of secretly unwrapping it by myself, but if the bunnies do get out into the living room..... I think about faith, and what that means. Jesus told us we just needed faith. Not in his power to heal, but just in Him. 'Molly has faith in you, I have heard it in her words, I have seen it in her stories of how she has lived. If faith is all you need, then she has it.' So I live in faith. The faith that is wrapped under the tree, the faith that sparkles across the creek. The faith to believe, not just in what it can do, but faith to believe in spite of all.
Love to you,
Lady A

Posts: 2545 | From: The Lion's Mane, Narnia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sean
Shipmate
# 51

- Posted      Profile for Sean   Author's homepage   Email Sean   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We are thinking of you Miss Molly, please rest and remember we love you, Sean and Bronwyn [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love] [Love]

--------------------
"So far as the theories of mathematics are about reality, they are not certain; so far as they are certain, they are not about reality" - Einstein

Posts: 1085 | From: A very long way away | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Molly,
This is my first time posting to this thread, in fact, I am new to this whole business. But during this past week, I stumbled upon this thread late one night -- I was lurking about the Boards and picked "Fields of Gold" because I like the song and wondered why there were hundreds of messages posted to it. Well, I sat up 'way past my bedtime reading your wonderful stories and feeling the warmth of this amazing community that has gathered around you. I have been thinking of you and praying for you ever since. I would love to have long conversations with you someday about the things we seem to have in common -- farmer grandparents (my grandma also canned pickles and strawberry jam, which she called "putting up strawb'ry purserves"), our tastes in music (BTW, the Dylan album you mentioned, with "Lay, Lady, Lay" is titled "Nashville Skyline" -- I climbed over a large piece of furniture to find our crate of old albums to check that out for you), the 70s (we are of the same vintage [Wink] ) -- but perhaps those conversations will have to wait for another time and place. For now, I just want to send my love and admiration for your great faith, your generosity in sharing this chapter of your life with a stranger like me, and your graciousness and good humor. May God hold you gently in his arms as he brings you home to eternal life. I will continue to pray for you, your family, St Seb, Marion and TimL.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly, my dear friend.
Just sending you another chunk of cross-Atlantic love. Not that I need to mention that here, you know it's such an everlasting flow between you and me and those Smudgelets of mine that the poor high-speed-seagulls must be quite worn out carrying across the ocean.
Just wondering whether you heard Tiddles' tantrum last night. It should have been loud enough for you. I'm afraid he's mislaid that brain of his again, you know what he's like!
The Nativity Play is proving to be great fun - in fact, the best fun I've had on the boards in a long time, probably since the shore leave thread. Wish you were in it with us - I miss your wicked sense of humour, my friend. And besides, to whom can I turn for advice on hussydom if not to you?
Well, I must go and take my little one to school, seeing as Dad has gone over to the mainland for a few days and left me with all the chores to do for myself.
My love and prayers to you and yours, as always.
~o~

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Miss Molly, I'm doing my hour of vigil now, and thinking of you a continent and an ocean away, though no distance at all as God sees these things. I pray you're peacefully asleep as I sit here, and getting some rest from the interesting hallucinations! May God bless you, and those who are caring for you, and those who are worrying about you.
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy*

# 1059

Good morning sister Molly! I was doing my morning things, and heard (of all things) a train whistle at 6:00AM!! Now I've lived in this house since Daughter-Unit turned two, and this is the first time I've heard the train, which is across the river and way to the west. [Eek!] So, of course I thought of you and your train! (I think it was God's cue to me..."It's time to pray for Molly"!)

I am at w*rk, but you remain very, very close to my heart. I will think of you as I practice the Christmas music for the festivities to come. We'll be having a wonderful "Lessons and Carols" service with a small orchestra. (I'll get to play the harp part..on the new organ!) Then two days later we have Christmas Eve services! My favorite services of the Church Year.

Well, dear heart, rest today. If you have hallucinations, I hope they are pleasant and restful ones of your Shipmates sitting with you, drinking tea, and telling funny stories.

God's best blessings on you, your family and friends.

Judy

--------------------

tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Molly,

You have been on my heart and in my prayers so much recently.

Last Sunday, the choir I sing in sang Messiah (the whole thing). During so many of the choruses, I thought of you and prayed for you as I sang. "But thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

tomb

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tomb:
You have been on my heart and in my prayers so much recently.

What he said. I want to say again how much I hope when my time comes I will be like you, Molly. *HUG* and give Jesus one for me too -- I know He will be joyous to see you when you come Home.

Love

David

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lots of love and prayers to and for you, Molly.

Mrrrrooow and pprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from George & Alice respectively, and big whiffles from the bunnies. It's a bit odd, really (or maybe not!) - after I cleaned the hutch out on Saturday, I spent a while brushing each of them in turn, as their long bits were getting a bit tangled, and I thought some 'quality time' together could be nice. Since then, Clover has been even friendlier than she was before, even though I'm sure I must have caused her a few not-too-nice moments as I was trying to tackle some of the worst tangles round her hind legs. Comfrey, by contrast, has been even more reluctant for fussing - although she didn't have any nasty tangles or snags! Ah well, I shall persevere. The scratches which Comfs treated me to have nearly cleared up now [Roll Eyes] - just in time to get more this weekend, I'm sure!

Lots and lots of love & hugs to you Molly, dearest.

Beets

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chimakwa
Shipmate
# 3413

- Posted      Profile for Chimakwa   Author's homepage   Email Chimakwa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly -- I'm another of the new people here on the Ship; I've been reading this thread for a week or two but haven't said anything before because my words always just seem to fail. I've been praying for you though, and will keep doing so. I'm always glad to read an update about how you're doing.

It's cold and wintry out here in Philadelphia, actually quite a bit like the only time I was ever in Salt Lake, probably six or seven years ago. Our rector called me just before lunch and had me go to the church (which I work across the road from) to read noonday prayers if anyone should come for the usual Eucharist today; he said he tried to come but got a block and discovered it was too icy to stop, and went back home. I take the subway to work and back so I don't have to worry about it so much, thank God!

I'm frantically finishing up this semester of school -- the first finals I've had in five years! -- and just finished up the paper I have been sweating bullets over. What a relief!

After all the school business is over with, I get to fly back home to Northern Arizona to visit with my family, also for the first time at Christmas in five years. I'm so excited to see them and "my homeland" again!

Take care, Miss Molly, and I'll keep praying for you and yours!

Christopher

--------------------
athanasia (n): to induce death by means of Quicunque Vult
(Shipmate Formerly Known as Anglicub)

Posts: 249 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

A kind friend has lent me some computer space so that you can look at a picture of me.

If you are particularly brave today.

If your loved ones and hospice helpers say a good laugh will help you.

See here: Janine

--------------------

Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
((((miss_molly))))

Don't forget to wave across cyber-whatsit! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quinine
Shipmate
# 1668

- Posted      Profile for Quinine   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello again Molly - just wanted to say you remain in my thoughts and prayers.

It's been an honour to know you on this Ship.

love
Elaine

Posts: 252 | From: In a fen | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

Sorry, my friend made some changes (for ease of use on a discussion board).

Try Thing One

or Thing Two

But only if you can stand a belly laugh today. Otherwise, save it for later.

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

Everyone run off for a cup of tea now, I'm gonna try one last time to get it right... maybe a moderator will save us all from seeing my messes & delete my previous post(s).

Trying Pretty Hard

Desperate

--------------------

ej
Shipmate
# 2259

- Posted      Profile for ej   Author's homepage   Email ej   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly,

It's my hour on the vigil - And since, as a relatively quiet person on the ship, I have never had the blessing of talking with you directly, I wanted to say something, so there is at least some idea of who's praying for you and why..

I may not have posted much, but I have read much... And I fail to find words for the situation and also the amazing thing that is happening here. It was amazing to walk to work today, preparing for my vigil, and knowing that someone on the other side of the planet was praying for the same thing and thinking of you, your family and your friends. You've made this a stronger place... and that will continue, I'm sure.

Also, I just want to add that several years ago, my closest friend passed away at the age of 26 - no prizes for guessing what of. She was more special to me than I could begin to explain, and the love was to deep for even me to comprehend. However, for reasons of insecurity and stupidity, I let the friendship go strange and she passed away before I could really begin to show her how I felt and let that be known. I've never forgiven myself for that and it haunts me always... So as I pray for you, I hope you'll grant me the liberty to use that as my own act of repentance, and continue to pray that you will always know how much you are loved by those around you, and them by you...

--------------------
For my next trick I shall turn this water into funk...
...a little breathing-space...

Posts: 426 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Janine
That was so worth the wait and the suspense!
[Yipee]

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lady A

Narnian Lady
# 3126

- Posted      Profile for Lady A   Author's homepage   Email Lady A   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Took Brennen in to church tonight, then went off to the library to work on my writing. I somehow managed to throw my notebook into the bin with the returned books, had to get a librarian in to fish it out from the bin inside the sorting room - I think I made her laugh because she had the funniest grin on her face when she brought out my spiral notebook. On the front of it I had stuck a notice I used to have taped to my locker at work that says "Debbie - Hero-worship limited to 15 seconds". I went by the raffle bin where they put different stuff in each month, and this month is cats! They had in a 365 cats in a year calendar, some neat little cat pins, and a sign that says, "Cats are just little friends in fur coats". I could see you dropping in your $1. Looked up some donkey lore for the nativity play. Shush, don't tell anyone, but donkeys are not at all mentioned in the nativity story, but that's O.K. since I am writing The Book of Donkey. Just worked on chapter 1, verses 1-52 or so. Joseph and I had a great working relationship! Well, it's up early for me again in the morning. Prayers for you and your attendants (Has St. Seb got down how to polish your crown correctly yet?). Rich peace to all,
Lady A

Posts: 2545 | From: The Lion's Mane, Narnia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Duo Seraphim*
Sea lawyer
# 3251

- Posted      Profile for Duo Seraphim*   Email Duo Seraphim*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Molly,

I have no idea what time it is is SLC, but here it is 11pm AEST. I am still at work, having had a sucessful morning in court followed by 2 and half hour conference with one client and 6 hours drafting his statement. I go through the same thing tomorrow with his business partner.

What made it worse was that my chambers' Christmas aprty was going on around me as I struggled to concentrate over the DIN [Disappointed]

Now I am actually too tired to think. I think I ought to write another song or maybe just go to sleep where I sit. [Snore] [Snore] [Snore]

--------------------
2^8, eight bits to a byte

Posts: 3967 | From: Sydney Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
dear miss molly, i suddenly realized that although i have told you a bit about my own cats, fafhrd, fluffy and spyder, i have never told you about the cat who bears your name, molly. molly is my cousins cat. but, although i haven't actually seen her in quite some time, i feel a rather special tie to her, because she first made her appearence in all our lives when my cousin john, and his wife and daughter were living in an apartment in the same building as my husband, daughter and i. we spent a lot of time in the back yard, and molly showed up as a stray cat, but one who had obviously lived inside at some point, far to friendly to be feral. she was then a thin little grey tabby, and i started calling her "the little grey", and then "grymalkin". i would have loved to take her as my own, but we then had two cats, and the apartment was far to small to add another along with three humans. then came the horrible day when, startled by something, she either bit or scratched my cousin's wife. of course, around here the first thing you think of with a stray animal bite is rabies, and i was in terror that they would think it neccessary to test to see if the cat was infected... because a rabies test requires killing the animal. fortunatly, my cousins decided that it was not that likely, and settled for keeping her under observation in the basement. which, when she obviously wasn't infected, turned into her becoming a pampered (and i am told, rather fat) house cat. they gave her the name of molly b, or molly for short. so thatsthe other molly in my life...

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My dearest Molly,

It's been grey and miserable here all day, overcast and damp - basically a typical English winter day. I would content myself with the thought of lighting the fire tonight and spending the evening with it roaring merrily, but alas! I shall be out having a good time with some colleagues at our team's Christmas meal. I'm intrigued to find out what we'll have, as we're going Chinese for it!

Mr B and I have been shown afresh the perils of thinking how well Baby B is doing. Just as we were beginning to feel very pleased that she'd been off antibiotics for a whole week, even though she's still rather snuffly, she's come down with another ear infection, so off we go to the Doctor's again tomorrow morning. The ENT appointment cannot come through soon enough! (Not to mention the warmer weather! We're suspecting that a couple of Morning Prayers in a very cold church might not be helping things, as the last few infections have come to light on a Thursday or Friday after she's been to church on 2 consecutive mornings. Poor Mr B will have to cancel his Morning Prayer for a while to see if there is any connection...)

Ah well, not much to report chez Beethovens, so I shall leave you in peace. All the usual meows, purrs, and whiffles from all and sundry [Wink]

God bless,

Beets

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi Molly,

I was thinking of you and your train again on Wednesday as I travelled down the line into Surrey.

(SpO-on-n-ing we could well have rushed past each other on platform 4B as I left home earlier than I intended, and ended up in Reading in time to catch the 8.16 am, which I guess you would have just vacated!) So, Molly, there would have been two shipmates' prayers touching in the wee small hours of your morning for you. I wonder if you noticed anything?

Anyway on down the line, over the Berks/Surrey border. I remembered seeing a magnificent display of outdoor Christmas lights festooning some of the houses alongside the track last year . I'm a nosey so- and- so you know, and am never happier than when staring out the window of the train, peering into gardens and homes from my vantage point.

Sadly, there were few lights to be seen on Wednesday. The wrong time of day maybe, for I spotted a good few on the return journey.

But to get back to your train. At one point our locomotive stopped some small distance from the next station along as you do, to await the signal that indicates that it's now safe to finally move on in. I'd been praying off and on for you, Molly, but during that short time waiting between stations, God's presence seemed particularly strong. Time seemed to stop for an instant. I thought of you far away, (sleeping, I hope?)held by the prayers of many, waiting on the platform for the signal that will announce the arrival of your 'train.'

After 5 minutes my train moved on (by now it was nearly 8.55 am here), and the spell was broken. Still, I'm sure that this is God holding you safely during this waiting , and I pray that what time you have left will be as peaceful as possible.

I need to hop off now, and see what those reprobates on the Nativity boards have been getting up to. We miss having you there, Molly. There'd be no nonsense from the Wise Men if you were among their number, I know! [Wink]

My prayers are with you, your parents and sister, St Seb, Marian and Timothy T.

Catch you later
love
Miffy

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016