homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Glory   » RIP Kenwritez (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: RIP Kenwritez
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ken passed away just before noon today, Saturday, October 31, 2009. Ken was a good friend to many of us here on the Ship. I'm going to deeply miss his big heart and ready wit.

Please keep Ken's wife, the Sturdy Wench, in your thoughts and prayers.

[Votive]

[ 11. May 2011, 16:13: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
uffda
Shipmate
# 14310

- Posted      Profile for uffda   Email uffda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I was new to the Ship, Kenwritez treated me very well. I enjoyed his sense of humor and wit.
I will miss him greatly.

--------------------
Invincibly ignorant and planning to stay that way!

Posts: 1031 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ken was one of the most intelligent and interesting posters - someone who was always interesting and fun to spar with. It's a shock to hear this. My thoughts are with his family. [Votive]

L.

[ 01. November 2009, 00:50: Message edited by: Louise ]

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Posts: 6918 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh dear! Prayers ascending [Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh Lord, may his soul dwell with the blessed, in a place of verdure, a place of repose, where there is no more weeping, nor sighing, nor pain, but life everlasting! Memory eternal!

Prayers for his dear family, especially the Sturdy Wench, of whom he always spoke with the deepest love,

Mary
who watched for his delightful and witty posts, and appreciated his unfailing kindness to everyone on the Ship [Votive]

--------------------
eleison me, tin amartolin: have mercy on me, the sinner

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My prayers too.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I enjoyed his posts and was impressed with his blog. I will definitely miss him. [Tear]

--------------------
A new church and a new earth, with Spiritual Insights for Everyday Life.

Posts: 1565 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am shocked, stunned, and not the slightest bit pleased. (And that tautology stands as evidence.) Rest with the Father, Kenwritez, I know I will be one of many when I say I will remember you with fondness and respect. May God let the Sturdy Wench feel his presence and his comfort.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Foaming Draught
The Low in Low Church
# 9134

- Posted      Profile for Foaming Draught   Email Foaming Draught   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is very sad news indeed. Thank you for letting us know, Scot.

As well as for the Sturdy Wench, [Votive] for our Californian Shipmates who have sailed with Ken for so long and for whom this will be especially painful.

The Salvation Army have a lovely phrase, Promoted to Glory!

--------------------
Australians all let us ring Joyce
For she is young and free

Posts: 8661 | From: Et in Australia Ego | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I always loved his looking at the world through the catflap sig....

[Votive]

sabine

--------------------
"Hunger looks like the man that hunger is killing." Eduardo Galeano

Posts: 5887 | From: the US Heartland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lady A

Narnian Lady
# 3126

- Posted      Profile for Lady A   Author's homepage   Email Lady A   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am at a loss. He was a magnificent sailor here and the Ship is less without him.
Posts: 2545 | From: The Lion's Mane, Narnia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

- Posted      Profile for Athrawes   Email Athrawes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am so saddened to hear this. May he rest in peace and rise in glory. And may his wife know the peace that passes all understanding as a real support at the moment.

--------------------
Explaining why is going to need a moment, since along the way we must take in the Ancient Greeks, the study of birds, witchcraft, 19thC Vaudeville and the history of baseball. Michael Quinion.

Posts: 2966 | From: somewhere with a book shop | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Anna B
Shipmate
# 1439

- Posted      Profile for Anna B     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am shocked and saddened to hear of this loss to the Ship and the world. May he rest in peace and rise in glory, and may God comfort his family.

[Votive]

--------------------
Bad Christian (TM)

Posts: 3069 | From: near a lot of fish | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gwai is far more eloquent than I. I truly appreciated his posting, and it's a shame I never got to meet him in person. May he rest with the saints and rise in glory. [Votive]

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, no, no. Scot, thanks for telling us, but the thought is too sad to even contemplate.

--------------------
Join me in "The Legion of Bad Monkeys"

Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pancho
Shipmate
# 13533

- Posted      Profile for Pancho   Author's homepage   Email Pancho   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers.... [Votive]

--------------------
“But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the market places and calling to their playmates, ‘We piped to you, and you did not dance;
we wailed, and you did not mourn.’"

Posts: 1988 | From: Alta California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am overwhelmed at this sad news. I enjoyed KenWritez' posts so much. The combination of hilarity, insight, deep theological thinking, and amazingly clever writing was unique. I will miss him. May he rest in peace, and may God be with the Sturdy Wench to comfort her in this time of sorrow

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What a shock this news comes as! I didn't always agree with Ken, but he was always a good read, and a great guy, and I shall miss him. May God comfort the Sturdy Wench and all who knew and loved him. And may God pardon all his sins and cleanse all his iniquity.

May his memory be eternal.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holding him and all who loved him in the Light and giving thanks for the grace of God in his life.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In paradisum deducant te angeli.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The poor, dear man. I know I will miss his insight and his wit. God, please comfort the Sturdy Wench and all his family. May light perpetual shine upon him. [Votive]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
JB and I are just overwhelmed with sadness. I've got to compose myself as I write this.

The one thing about Ken was just thinking about him always made me smile. And being at a shipmeet with Ken was like being in such a happy place full of laughter. I remember Estes Park and the house we stayed in (thanks to our Marmot) He was writing his wedding vows on the big table in the dining room (a few days before the event, mind you!) and Welsh Dragon and I found that Ken LOVED to shop. So we all went into town and modeled on all these dresses for Ken because he wanted something special for his bride to be. Shipmates, that shopping trip was a laugh a minute, as the sales clerks thought we had landed from another planet, but we came home with a really nice dress. [Biased]

Ken has now gone on to glory, I know that the angels are laughing and smiling with him around. Yes, "promoted to glory" is just perfect, Foaming Draught. And God Bless You, Ken in your place of glory and sympathies to our California shipmates who knew him so well. [Votive] [Tear]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am so sad to hear this. What a wonderful person he was. May he rest in peace and rise in glory.
Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Goodbye Kenwritez, my friend.

Goodbye to your gigantic wit, and your enormous humour.
Goodbye to your sly re-understanding of what I actually meant.
Goodbye to toasting recipes, and your advice on cooking my enemies (and their pets).
Goodbye to reading your beautifully-crafted prose.
Goodbye to looking forward to meeting you in person, finally, to cement all that we've shared as friends.

Farewell my friend. You will be missed.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is very sad news to hear. I appreciate all the wonderful humor and touching prose he shared on the ship, and it was an honor to meet him at the Colorado meet. Words cannot describe how much he will be missed. Prayers for his wife and family. [Votive]

[ 01. November 2009, 02:28: Message edited by: MrSponge2U ]

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marmot:
No, no, no. Scot, thanks for telling us, but the thought is too sad to even contemplate.

I can only echo this.

And then shed some tears for his beloved Sturdy Wench with the most incredibly beautiful eyes (and when he posted the honeymoon pictures, no one could argue about it).

I hate to think of those eyes crying now.

RIP, Ken.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] Sturdy Wench [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a kitschy magnet on my refrigerator that Ken sent me after his trip to Hawaii. When my son was seriously ill several years ago, Ken sent him a ball cap from a local university. He was a sweet, thoughtful guy who loved life, and if he was your friend, he was a friend for life.

It's not easy sailing on the Ship when you're in the minority -- the conservative minority, that is. Ken was good company, though, and his voice was heard loud and clear on more than one occasion.

His passion -- besides his bride -- was writing. He was a big guy stuffed full of words and ideas, and he loved to turn a phrase. He also loved to cook and shared so many great recipes over the years.

Ken would call Tortuf every so often and threaten a visit to Nashville. I'm really sorry he never made it. A hug from Ken would be something great to remember.

The only thing he lacked was a clean bill of health. It just seemed he couldn't get everything working right at once. I'm sorry he couldn't overcome his problems.

Goodbye, Ken. We hardly knew ye.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sad news indeed.
Holding Ken in the Light... [Votive]

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kenwritez won the Simmie for Best Post on the "Let's Offend" thread, when he voiced his outrage via typed interpretive dance. I laughed so hard I wept - it was one of the funniest things I'd read online. I'm sad to lose a stellar shipmate of great wit, intellect, humour, and moral sense.

Prayers for the Sturdy Wench and for his other family members. It was a privilege to have trod these boards with him.

Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have no words.

[Votive]

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All I can do is offer more of these [Votive] as what I could say has already been said so much better than I could say it.

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Tear] [Votive]

I've been offline a lot so I didn't even know he was unwell... [Tear]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kenwritez's posts were always better than mine. A fact which he couldn't resist letting me know on occasion.
May some of these wonderful posts live on as a living testimony to his larger-than-life character and sense of fun. [Cool]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ken, see you at Aslan's Table!

{{{{{Sturdy Wench}}}}}

[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Never met Ken, and I wish I'd known him better even here. This is horrible, sad news.

So tomorrow we celebrate one more Saint. [Votive]

May God comfort Ken's family and all who mourn.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh No [Tear]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ken, my friend, I shall miss you more than I can possibly say.

You always brought a smile to my face when I saw one of your posts. They were well written. They shone through the morass of mediocrity as the product of a keen mind and a sharp wit. And while you could skewer pomposity and poorly thought out positions better than anyone else here, you ever remained the embodiment of congeniality.

Hearing your voice on the phone meant I was in for a good long chat with a treasured friend.

The Ship is a lesser place without you and a better place for having been graced with your presence.

Save me a rocking chair next to you. We will have a long time to visit in Heaven.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

- Posted      Profile for ecumaniac   Author's homepage   Email ecumaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
it's a secret club for people with a knitting addiction, hiding under the cloak of BDSM - Catrine

Posts: 2901 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] He was a friend.

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I always enjoyed his posts and the manner in which he wrote.

[Votive] for Sturdy Wench and all affected by his passing.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh noooooo!

[Waterworks]

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] no words - everyone's already said it better than me [Votive]

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Waterworks] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I only knew him on the Ship, and even here not well - but I'm shocked. May he rest in peace and rise in glory. [Votive]

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Not

Ship's Quack
# 2166

- Posted      Profile for Not   Email Not   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
shock and sadness.

I read much more than I post, but I am here often, though quietly, and I had great affection for his intelligence, integrity, generosity and humour.

with prayers for him and for all who grieve for him.

Carolyn

--------------------
Was CJ; now Not

Posts: 600 | From: the far, far West | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
RIP Ken and [Votive] for Sturdy Wench

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

- Posted      Profile for Loveheart   Email Loveheart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just wanted to say "Oh no!" and RIP Kenwritez [Frown]

--------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 3638 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016