homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Glory   » RIP Kenwritez (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: RIP Kenwritez
kentishmaid
Shipmate
# 4767

- Posted      Profile for kentishmaid   Author's homepage   Email kentishmaid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
RIP [Votive]

--------------------
"Who'll be the lady, who'll be the lord, when we are ruled by the love of one another?"

Posts: 2063 | From: Huddersfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
cor ad cor loquitur
Shipmate
# 11816

- Posted      Profile for cor ad cor loquitur   Email cor ad cor loquitur   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Very sad to hear this. RIP. Prayers for Ken and his family. I will miss his posts.

--------------------
Quam vos veritatem interpretationis, hanc eruditi κακοζηλίαν nuncupant … si ad verbum interpretor, absurde resonant. (St Jerome, Ep. 57 to Pammachius)

Posts: 1332 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 3177 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sad news

O Lord, rest eternal grant unto him,
and may light perpetual shine upon him.

[Votive]

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5216 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
art dunce
Shipmate
# 9258

- Posted      Profile for art dunce     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A couple of years ago in the midst of some crazy thread Ken responded in his usual funny/wicked smart way with a Charlie Chan quote of all things: “Death is the black camel that kneels unbidden at every gate.” It immediately popped in to my head when I saw this thread. Sad indeed.

--------------------
Ego is not your amigo.

Posts: 1283 | From: in the studio | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Like many here, I knew Ken from his posts, and admired him greatly:

May he be at rest in the heart of God
where sorrow and pain are no more,
neither signing, but life everlasting.

And for his beloved bride [Votive]

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Farewell, Kenwritez

and [Votive] for Sturdy Wench and family

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9813 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't think I interacted with him much, but I always admired his posts.

[Frown]

The tributes from his friends say it all.

[Votive]

Gamaliel

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15506 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hilda of Whitby
Shipmate
# 7341

- Posted      Profile for Hilda of Whitby   Email Hilda of Whitby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, oh no.

What a great guy he was, so kind and so funny.

[Votive] [Votive] The Sturdy Wench [Votive] [Votive]

May light perpetual shine upon him.

--------------------
"Born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad."

Posts: 410 | From: Nickel City | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
R.I.P.
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just to add my name to the long list of those who enjoyed his posts, without, sadly, knowing the man in person at all.

As someone up the thread posted, seeing his avatar was enough to make me want to look at the thread.

M.

Posts: 2262 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What sad news to log on to.

Ken was indeed a mensch. It is certain that all groups he was involved in will miss him as much as we here on SoF will.

[Votive] Rest in Peace

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
I am so sorry to hear this.

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2372 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3698 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ken's posts were always worth reading and always well written - even in the midst of an argument. It was posters like Ken, even though the width of an ocean and a continent away, that always keep me coming back to the Ship.

Prayers and best wishes to the Sturdy Wench, and to all who knew and loved Ken. Eternal rest, Ken. [Votive]

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
guinness girl

Ship's Barmaid
# 4391

- Posted      Profile for guinness girl   Email guinness girl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erik and I always enjoyed Ken's posts, no matter what the subject. He'll be greatly missed [Frown]

--------------------
supplying people with laughs at my expense since 1982!

Posts: 461 | From: Leeds, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So sad, [Votive]

I will always remember how kind he was to me.

--------------------
What do we want.... Cure for Obesity
When do we want it.... After Dessert.

Posts: 1032 | From: OILOVWOIGHT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
fisher
Shipmate
# 9080

- Posted      Profile for fisher     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
"Down, down, presumptuous human reason!" But somehow they found out I was not a real bishop at all G. K. Chesterton

Posts: 1327 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Tear] [Votive] Sad news indeed, and my thoughts and prayers join countless others for SW and those closest to KenWritez. I too respected and enjoyed his posts: the eschatological banquet will be richer for his presence. [Tear] [Votive]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18781 | From: scarily close to 40° | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That is sad news. [Votive]

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Somehow, Ken, my sig seemed wrong. This one's for you).

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18781 | From: scarily close to 40° | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow - prayers from here.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23073 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Waterworks]

to KenWritez: one of the best sparring partners a cranky bitch like me could ever ask for.

gah.

to the prayers for the SW please add prayers for her teenage son, whom KW loved and fussed over and who will likely be quite lost and sad over losing his step father.

I'm going to miss him so much. this sucks.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17022 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Lord. [Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 19992 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, so sorry to hear the news. Rest in peace with Christ ken, and great peace to the sturdy wench and son [Votive]

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 6376 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With sighs too deep for words.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3505 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Moth

Shipmate
# 2589

- Posted      Profile for Moth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kenwritez was such a big presence on the ship when I first posted here. He was so witty and such fun. He was also kind, explaining numerous cookery tips to me, like how to spin pizza dough. I will miss him.

--------------------
"There are governments that burn books, and then there are those that sell the libraries and shut the universities to anyone who can't pay for a key." Laurie Penny.

Posts: 3445 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, KenWritez: we didn't agree on much, but there are few people I enjoyed disagreeing with more.

You will be missed.

[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2941 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
lapsed heathen

Hurler on the ditch
# 4403

- Posted      Profile for lapsed heathen   Email lapsed heathen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What a strange medium this interweb thing is.
I have never met or spoken to Ken yet I shall miss him as though he were a personal friend. His posts always stood out, his style of writing made them seem personal and immediate somehow.
Saddened by the news. Condolences to his family.

--------------------
"We are the Easter people and our song is Alleluia"

Posts: 1361 | From: Marble county | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
A Feminine Force
Ship's Onager
# 7812

- Posted      Profile for A Feminine Force   Author's homepage   Email A Feminine Force   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Shocked and speechless.

Godspeed, Ken.

Love
LAFF

--------------------
C2C - The Cure for What Ails Ya?

Posts: 2115 | From: Kingdom of Heaven | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
daronmedway
Shipmate
# 3012

- Posted      Profile for daronmedway     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sad news. The Father's blessing on his loved ones.
Posts: 6976 | From: Southampton | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Frown] another fan of his here. Certainly one of the people I got to "know" and love by their posts when I first started here [Frown] x
Posts: 12711 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Frown] [Votive]
Posts: 2451 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; God's mercies never come to an end.
They are new every morning; in quietness and trust shall be your strength.

It seems to me that the face which Kenwritez showed here was always that of the idealist, rather than that of the cynic.
He appeared to believe that all discourse here, whether humour, discussion, or argumentation, could be presented at a level of excellence - and his own postings tended to prove the point.
That strikes me as a truly joyful outlook on life, and I hope I can be excused for attributing it to Kenwritez.

I'm going to miss the happiness and sharpened interest I always felt when I saw his name on a thread, and knew that I would read something worthwhile - probably, something extremely entertaining.

I know that he didn't approve of Shipmates calling other Shipmates to Heaven to be praised for their wonderful postings.
He steadfastly refused to respond to such calls himself.
Now, I am very certain, he has received a call to Heaven that he did respond to.

[Votive] to all who cared for him [Overused] for all the joy which came from him.

[ 01. November 2009, 21:14: Message edited by: Silver Faux ]

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know many of us followed Ken's beautifully written blog. His wife has posted a lovely, heartbreaking message in the comments section.

Such a loss to so many. [Votive] Rest in God's love, my dear.

[ 01. November 2009, 21:15: Message edited by: Meg the Red ]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1123 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
10/25/06
Hey [duchess];

I sympathize, I've had crap days as well, so I'm in your tribe.

Now I'm going to kick you in the butt in true Christian love.

quote:
(my question to KenW_)Question, he is not trying to blow me off right? I mean it does take 6 hours with no traffic to get to [this destination]?

No, I'd say more like 7. It's 3.5 from Fresno to LA. I don't think Ivan's blowing you off, sounds like he simply forgot.

I want you to go get a Post-It note and write the following on it: [duchess], GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD! Stick on your bathroom mirror or your monitor, wherever you'll see it often.

Girl, you are overthinking all of this, over-analyzing things, and you're making yourself crazy by it. Unlax! I used to do the same thing, so I know what it looks like, smells like, feels like, and it blows dead goats. Muchly no fun.

Dr. Ken sez go get a big glass of good wine and sit back in a comfy chair in a quiet environment and let it all go.

Are we clear?

--Dr. Ken

I had to share a memory first of the e-mails/pm's I have traded back and forth with KenWritez. He is a wonderful man, with a big heart and so funny! I am in utter shock right now that God took him up to heaven right now at such a young age. I speak of him in present tense as he's in another place. I really believe that.

I met him in person at Kelly Alves house years ago and he was very real in this life, a very direct communicator. The love between his wife (whom I have met) and him was very evident. I remember hoping I could somehow feel that way someday.

Sturdy Wench, I hope it comforts you to know he touched so many people in his short and blazing life, including me and that I promise to pray for years for you and son...and the rest of his family who miss him. I am so sorry for your loss.

JOHN 14:2 (NIV) "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would
have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you."

[Votive]
[have to fix code in a post where I peak of this precious soul.]

[ 01. November 2009, 21:30: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
speak not peak! But I know somewhere, KenW is laughing at my error. [Smile]

[spelling once again!]

[ 01. November 2009, 21:44: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Tear] [Votive]

Simply lost for words. He'll be greatly missed.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Anglican_Brat
Shipmate
# 12349

- Posted      Profile for Anglican_Brat   Email Anglican_Brat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May our friend rest in peace, and may he rise in glory.
[Votive]

--------------------
It's Reformation Day! Do your part to promote Christian unity and brotherly love and hug a schismatic.

Posts: 4292 | From: Vancouver | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Joyeux

Ship's Lady of Laughter
# 3851

- Posted      Profile for Joyeux   Email Joyeux   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Waterworks] [Votive] [Waterworks] [Votive]

The only place I ever saw Ken cause offense was on the Let's Offend thread. I loved it when he would post after me. There is nothing like having the most mundane part of your post taking apart and lambasted by him.

Prayers heavenward for Sturdy Wench and son.

--------------------
Float?...Do science too

Posts: 4318 | From: over th... no, there! | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
moron
Shipmate
# 206

- Posted      Profile for moron   Email moron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Never met him but I never skipped his posts: the highest compliment I can pay.

RIP.

Posts: 4236 | From: Bentonville | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Neither words nor interpretive dance can express the loss to our community.

I am the richer for reading your posts Ken.
[Votive] Family and friends.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Sir Pellinore
Quester Emeritus
# 12163

- Posted      Profile for Sir Pellinore   Email Sir Pellinore   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May flights of angels sing him to his rest and comfort and console his wife. [Votive]

He was a fine man and a genuine Christian: not an empty windbag.

What little I had to do with him on SOF had a considerably beneficial and uplifting effect on me.

He was a rare species. [Votive]

--------------------
Well...

Posts: 5108 | From: The Deep North, Oz | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so sad. May he rest in peace and rise in glory. And may Sturdy Wench be enfolded in the peace of God and the love of friends.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6352 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Annichka
Shipmate
# 3897

- Posted      Profile for Annichka   Author's homepage   Email Annichka   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Memory eternal. [Votive]

--------------------
The Lord is compassionate and merciful, longsuffering and of great goodness.

More Than You Should Want to Know About Annichka

Posts: 2073 | From: Portland, OR, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh dear. Been offline for a couple of days, this was not news I wanted to come back to. [Frown]

So very, very sorry to hear.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11681 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
So goodnight moon, I want the sun
If it's not here soon, I might be done
No it won't be too soon 'til I say goodnight moon

- A. N. Parsley, D. Mcvinni

Posts: 17087 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Wronger than a drooling idiot on stupid juice - but I understand his argument.
mousethief (paraphrase)
----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2879 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I too will miss his wonderful wit, his gentle spirit and his obvious love for his family. As others have said, that avatar was enough to make me read a hitherto unread thread.

The Heavenly Shipmeet has one more member keeping a table for us at the Everlasting Arms.

[Votive]

--------------------
Searching for a new sig...

Posts: 9158 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016