homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Glory   » Erin: Jason breaks the news (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Erin: Jason breaks the news
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

So sad...

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Knew something bad had happened when I saw the graphics all in black.
Didn't come across Erin much in my use of SoF, but was very aware of her presence and her importance to The Ship
Very shocked, and sorry.

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Depressing news. Would love to have met her. Erin's Top 100 Put-Downs would be a delight to read. A razor-sharp, over-creative quart in a dull pint pot called the church. Unrest in peace.

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's hard to know what to say. I can't imagine this place without her. The best thing we can do is to keep the torch lit.

Breen

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've only just stopped thinking that someone is playing a very strange joke on us. [Frown]

[Votive]

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] shocked and deeply saddened. may those who mourn be comforted.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Matrix
Shipmate
# 3452

- Posted      Profile for Matrix     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, this just sucks.
[Votive]

We'll miss you croc

Mx

--------------------
Maybe that's all a family really is; a group of people who miss the same imaginary place. - Garden State

Posts: 3847 | From: The courts of the King | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pancho
Shipmate
# 13533

- Posted      Profile for Pancho   Author's homepage   Email Pancho   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eternal rest, grant unto her, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon her.
May she rest in peace.
Amen.

[Votive]

--------------------
“But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the market places and calling to their playmates, ‘We piped to you, and you did not dance;
we wailed, and you did not mourn.’"

Posts: 1988 | From: Alta California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is very sad news. Erin made the Ship what it was, and we will all miss her very much. Prayers for her family and loved ones in this time of great loss. [Votive]

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
Sorry, double posting to add something

At the formal opening of the Ship's Café on April Fool's Day 2008, Erin was one of the people who came in to chat, That's partly why we got that name change amnesty - a late night conversation from this side of the Pond with begging from a few people. And she was amazing. She was also pretty horrified to be the only living person to have a room named after her.

For those who don't know, the café's rooms include The Bridge, the 'Gator Lounge, the Gambit Bar and the Miss Molly Chapel.

I was part of the discussion that night. I can not believe this news- so hard to take in.
Prayers for all her family and friends, and for we Ship Mates, who will feel her loss so personally.
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gracious rebel

Rainbow warrior
# 3523

- Posted      Profile for Gracious rebel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What a hard act to follow! The Ship will never be quite the same again.
[Votive]

--------------------
Fancy a break beside the sea in Suffolk? Visit my website

Posts: 4413 | From: Suffolk UK | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
rufiki

Ship's 'shroom
# 11165

- Posted      Profile for rufiki   Email rufiki   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Deepest respect.
moron
Shipmate
# 206

- Posted      Profile for moron   Email moron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Words fail.

Except perhaps to say I'm struggling to hitch up my big girl panties and deal... [Tear]

RIP

Posts: 4236 | From: Bentonville | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's nothing unsaid that I can add. This is so sad. I am so sad.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Like a punch in the gut. I'd noticed she'd been less active lately and wondered what was going on, but never thought of this.... I can't get my mind around the idea of the Ship without her.

Rest in the Light, Erin. [Votive]

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shocked beyond words.

Sympathies to friends and family.

Reading this thread is a little like seeing all your old friends and family you haven't seen in a long time because you were away and are now drawn together because of.....this. Ugggh.

So sad.

--------------------
Diax's Rake - "Never believe a thing simply because you want it to be true"

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes having just read this thread. I had very little interaction with Erin but she will be missed here as well.
[Votive] for all who mourn

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erin, may she rest in peace and rise in glory.

My deepest sympathy to Jason and the rest of the Erin's family and friends.

And for all who sail this Ship.

[Votive]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Darllenwr
Shipmate
# 14520

- Posted      Profile for Darllenwr   Email Darllenwr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Does. Not. Compute.

How can Erin be gone?

I consider myself fortunate that I never crossed swords with her, but I saw the results of a number of crossings and was suitably impressed.

Erin, your departure leaves a great chasm; we will not see your like again.

[Votive]

John

--------------------
If I've told you once, I've told you a million times: I do not exaggerate!

Posts: 1101 | From: The catbox | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Protozoan
Shipmate
# 15583

- Posted      Profile for Protozoan   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Even for someone who only discovered the ship less than a year ago this has come as a shock and a great sadness. It didn’t take long to realise that Erin was an amazing force to be reckoned with. She will be sorely missed. .....sorry.....

--------------------
I would rather use pictures than words...

Posts: 92 | From: Exeter | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Otter
Shipmate
# 12020

- Posted      Profile for Otter   Author's homepage   Email Otter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just want to put my head down on my desk and cry - for a woman I've never met or exchanged words with in any way. Right now I even envy her snacks and chew-toys, if that makes any kind of sense...

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data", YMMV, limited-time offer, IANAL, no purchase required, and the state of CA has found this substance to cause cancer in laboratory aminals

Posts: 1429 | From: Chicago, IL 'burbs | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ferdzy
Shipmate
# 8702

- Posted      Profile for Ferdzy   Author's homepage   Email Ferdzy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 252 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have just been in tears on my bed reading this. I read far more than I post so I'm pretty sure Erin had no idea I existed. But I knew she did. And she made this place a place I wanted to come to. And I loved the her I saw here.

May light perpetual shine upon her.

I'll most definitely join in the raising of a glass to her at the upcoming Gambit meet.

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Squibs
Shipmate
# 14408

- Posted      Profile for Squibs   Email Squibs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I first encountered the phrase "rest in peace and rise in glory" on The Ship, and it seems to me to be a very beautiful and wholly (holy?) appropriate prayer to offer at such times.

So, Erin, do just that!

My sympathies to all those who knew and loved her.

Posts: 1124 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lord Pontivillian
Shipmate
# 14308

- Posted      Profile for Lord Pontivillian   Author's homepage   Email Lord Pontivillian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I really don't know what to say. Such an awful shock I think sums it up.
[Votive]

--------------------
The Church in Wales is Ancient, Catholic and Deformed - Typo found in old catechism.

Posts: 665 | From: Horsham | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ricardus
Shipmate
# 8757

- Posted      Profile for Ricardus   Author's homepage   Email Ricardus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erin was someone I respected enormously. Would have loved to meet her in real life.

Rest in peace.

--------------------
Then the dog ran before, and coming as if he had brought the news, shewed his joy by his fawning and wagging his tail. -- Tobit 11:9 (Douai-Rheims)

Posts: 7247 | From: Liverpool, UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Otter:
I just want to put my head down on my desk and cry - for a woman I've never met or exchanged words with in any way.

Yes [Frown] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
soggy_amphibian
Shipmate
# 2487

- Posted      Profile for soggy_amphibian   Author's homepage   Email soggy_amphibian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shoehorn With Teeth and I send sympathies and respect.

Thanks for your part in holding the Ship together, Erin! No Ship, no us.

May you be a Sheep and not a Goat, and may you still remain an Alligator. [Votive]

Posts: 712 | From: Back at home | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bagpuss

Magical saggy cloth cat
# 2925

- Posted      Profile for Bagpuss     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't post very often since the ship became so big and successful - too hard to follow too many threads, but I've been around since the very start and often pop by for a read. I have fond memories of Erin from the beginning.I'm sure her and Miss Molly will be doing their thing together.

My condolences and prayers to Jason and all of her family and friends x

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Mariner:
Depressing news. Would love to have met her. Erin's Top 100 Put-Downs would be a delight to read. A razor-sharp, over-creative quart in a dull pint pot called the church. Unrest in peace.

Well if that isn't the outline of a fitting memorial room!

I just logged on to the ship's gallery to see if there was actually a photo of Erin. I feel satisfyingly cheated - but I'd still like to see the real person behind the teeth. Please?

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:

I just logged on to the ship's gallery to see if there was actually a photo of Erin. I feel satisfyingly cheated - but I'd still like to see the real person behind the teeth. Please?

She guarded her real life identity very closely. This I think was in part due to death threats she received from some nutter in the early days of the boards. None of us know what she looked like - not even Simon.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All I can do is: [Votive]

John

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
claudine
Shipmate
# 12441

- Posted      Profile for claudine   Email claudine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 355 | From: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
None of us know what she looked like - not even Simon.

She let a few things drop. She was tall and she colored her hair red, if memory serves.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
maleveque
Shipmate
# 132

- Posted      Profile for maleveque   Email maleveque   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There have been rumors in the deep, dark past that the masked person on the Mystery Worshipper page is Erin. I have no idea whether that's true.
- Anne L.

--------------------
Life isn't all fricasseed frogs and eel pie.

Posts: 1496 | From: Washington, DC or thereabouts | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maleveque:
There have been rumors in the deep, dark past that the masked person on the Mystery Worshipper page is Erin. I have no idea whether that's true.
- Anne L.

No, I'm pretty sure that's shipmate Wigwam Revivus.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And now I know why the Ship is drained of colour.

Hail to Erin.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jack the Lass:
quote:
Originally posted by maleveque:
- Anne L.

No, I'm pretty sure that's shipmate Wigwam Revivus.
Correct

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
maleveque
Shipmate
# 132

- Posted      Profile for maleveque   Email maleveque   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I stand corrected - I'm not sure where I heard that in the first place. Probably at some boozy Shipmeet.
- Anne L.

[edited to add likely source of misinformation]

[ 04. January 2011, 20:20: Message edited by: maleveque ]

--------------------
Life isn't all fricasseed frogs and eel pie.

Posts: 1496 | From: Washington, DC or thereabouts | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
QuakerCub
Shipmate
# 4728

- Posted      Profile for QuakerCub   Email QuakerCub   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This doesn't seem possible....that that wonderful spirit is gone. Safe journey home, Erin. Save us a place at the table.

--------------------
Be still and know that I am God

Posts: 141 | From: Clearwater, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Gambit once told me she'd sent him a picture of her (something to do with them sharing a birthday I think - they were both born 8th May). I guess only the two of them could tell us if that's true.

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cubby and I just heard the news.

I think "rest in peace and rise in glory" sums up my thoughts.

God bless you and keep you, Erin, and I trust we will meet in person, face to face, someday.

[Votive]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubifex Maximus
Shipmate
# 4874

- Posted      Profile for Tubifex Maximus   Email Tubifex Maximus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There’s nothing I can add, nothing I can say that hasn’t already been said, but that isn’t the point, is it? It’s the sheer number of different posts, the weight of grief expressed in everything from long sentences to single words. Reading this thread strikes me as the virtual equivalent of the sea of flowers outside the scene of a disaster.

Many people exercise great leadership, embrace causes, spend themselves to get to the top of something. A few people are able to exercise leadership and spend themselves for organizations and causes where there is no financial reward. Erin went further even that that. She never did any of this for the money, not even for renown because we never knew what she looked like or met her. She did what she did anonymously for this community of anonymous people and she shaped it in a profound way right down to the rules and protocols that make this place run.

There are few people like that

--------------------
Sit down, Oh sit down, sit down next to me.

Posts: 400 | From: Manchester | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can only add my voice to those expresssing shock and sadness, and offering [Votive] for her family.

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I did not know Erin like some of the other Shipmates, but but I recognized the name, along with her delightful avatar, as indicating as being one of the select group of posters whose posts i tended especially like and find interesting. Reading this thread has made me realize how special and important she was for the Ship. What an utter sudden shock!

Rest in peace, Erin. When i think of you i'll always remember the smiling alligator. (I'm assuming alligator and not crocodile since she was from Florida.)

Healing and strength for Jason and for all who mourn her passing.

[ 04. January 2011, 20:50: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I always pictured her in a dazzling package to match her mind.
She will be so missed.
[Votive]

FCB

Hillbilly Thomist
# 1495

- Posted      Profile for FCB   Author's homepage   Email FCB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was an argument with Erin that first drew me into the Ship. Rest in peace.

--------------------
Agent of the Inquisition since 1982.

Posts: 2928 | From: that city in "The Wire" | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Never Conforming

Aspiring to Something
# 4054

- Posted      Profile for Never Conforming   Author's homepage   Email Never Conforming   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another one not knowing what to say but feeling deeply saddened by the news.

--------------------
I used to poison Student Minds™ and am proud to have done so
Never Conforming in the Surreal World

Posts: 1419 | From: Oop Norf | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stephen
Shipmate
# 40

- Posted      Profile for Stephen   Email Stephen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh,God,no.....I just can't believe this
Jason - thank you very much indeed for letting us know at a very difficult time for you - my prayers for you and your family [Votive]
May Erin rest in peace and rise in glory [Votive]
This is one of the very,very few discussion boards I visit even if I don't post as much as I used to, and I think the reason for it is her strength in making the Ship work. I think the Ship could have gone in two ways in its early days - that of being a cosy little club and the more risky way of making people think seriously about their faith or lack of one, and encouraging new people to join. That it worked is a testament to her strength of character I suspect.....
Prayer too for the Hosts and Administrators who must be in some considerable shock at the news,and that they may be given the grace and strength to carry on the work that she was so much a part of [Votive]

--------------------
Best Wishes
Stephen

'Be still,then, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations and I will be exalted in the earth' Ps46 v10

Posts: 3954 | From: Alto C Clef Country | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Orlando098
Shipmate
# 14930

- Posted      Profile for Orlando098   Email Orlando098   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry to hear the news. My thoughts to her friends and family.
Posts: 1019 | From: Nice, France | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016