homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Glory   » Erin: Jason breaks the news (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Erin: Jason breaks the news
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm glad so many of you we haven't seen for a while are back--it's going to take all of you to pull us back together while Erin's away handling bigger issues.

[Tear]

Did you have to, Lord?!

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

Erin was obviously a woman of enormous wit and intelligence and her passion for SOF made it what it is. Everyone who enjoys the ship owes her a debt of gratitude.

May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
LC--

Perhaps God needs a little break, and wants to shake things up a bit, and thought, "Now, who would be the perfect substitute...oh, I know!"
[Biased]

(Inspired by the movie "Two of a Kind", the one with Olivia N-J. and John T.)

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's clear that she has earned an incredible degree of well-deserved respect, like no one else I know of. My sympathies to those close to her.

--------------------
A new church and a new earth, with Spiritual Insights for Everyday Life.

Posts: 1565 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
quote:
Originally posted by St. Punk the Pious:
Forgive me if this has been suggested already, but Erin's gator icon MUST be retired.

Who would dare use it?
I used a modified version of her avatar once, when I thought she was away on vacation. It did not go well for me.
Who the hell will make you strawberry shortcake again or my little pony? I am actually tearing up now. Goodnight.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The ship is like a family.
Erin was one of those uncomfortable annoying family members whose irascibility was only outweighed by her obvious love and involvement in the ship. I will miss her and her snark more than words can express. But more, I will miss her passion for this rickety barge.

For our loss, [Votive]
For those who knew Erin in real life, [Votive]
For Erin, you are grieved, [Votive]
And for the Trinity, good luck...

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not really frequenting the parts of the board where Erin was at her finest, I don't really feel I knew her, but the amount of work she put into this place is undoubtable. It will be a genuine loss to the Ship.

My condolences to Jason and other family and friends.

Posts: 4266 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Genuinely shocked and so sad to hear this news. I read far, far more than I post on here and Erin's posts are threaded throughout the ship's fabric like fine gold. I am going to miss that sparkling wit.

Peace to all her family and friends as you mourn.

Looking forward to meeting you at the Ultimate Shipmeet Erin [Votive]

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Divine Outlaw
Gin-soaked boy
# 2252

- Posted      Profile for Divine Outlaw   Author's homepage   Email Divine Outlaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May she rest in peace and rise in glory. [Votive]

--------------------
insert amusing sig. here

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear God! I noticed that we'd gone monochrome, now I understand why.

[Votive]

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holy crap! Absolutely gobsmacked by this.

[Votive] For her family, her friends, and all those whose lives she touched.

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pure Sunshine
Shipmate
# 11904

- Posted      Profile for Pure Sunshine     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great things like the Ship don't come about without those who work hard to keep them going. Erin did a lot to make the Ship the special place it is.

--------------------
Pure Sunshine by name, and sometimes by nature.

Posts: 472 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
hereweare
Shipmate
# 15567

- Posted      Profile for hereweare   Email hereweare   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sometimes it is easy to forget that behind every 'name' there is a real person. RIP Erin [Votive]

--------------------
Come home to Rome this Christmas!

Posts: 206 | From: here | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just walked downstairs to realise we bought this yesterday.

[Frown]

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malin:
Just walked downstairs to realise we bought this yesterday.

[Frown]

When the kids have finished with it, you can enshrine this portrait of Erin in her finest moments - eating trolls.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erin. This is absolutely not the way to start the longest thread in the ship's history. Come back FFS - you hadn't even started on me yet.

And yet you haven't gone from us, quite. Tell me I'm wrong about heaven. A thunderbolt would be fine.

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Weatherwax
Shipmate
# 11920

- Posted      Profile for Weatherwax   Email Weatherwax   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gobsmacked. Like others, I have lurked and read almost from the beginning, and have followed the development of the ship's community with great interest, even though I didn't join for a long time. Although I never had any contact with her, it was Erin, with her passion and ferocious devotion to the Ship who made it safe to join. She recognized rude, boorish, childish and trollish behavior for what it is, and never confused it with what it is to be a Christian. The ship is a stronger community because of her. She felt to me like its pastor.

RIP Erin.

TEB

--------------------
If thou couldst empty all thyself of self, Like to a shell dishabited, Then might He find thee on the Ocean shelf, And say—" This is not dead,"— And fill thee with Himself instead.
(formerly TE Brown)

Yerevan
Shipmate
# 10383

- Posted      Profile for Yerevan   Email Yerevan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just spotted this. What a shame. May she rest in peace [Votive]
Posts: 3758 | From: In the middle | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw this thread yesterday, and have read it over and over again, as well as the Erin Board. I was waiting to post until I could find the right words. It obviously isn't going to happen, so

To Jason and the rest of Erin's family; to Erin's real life friends; to her Ship Family; to those who barely knew her and to those who knew her well both in person and in persona, I offer my deepest condolences. At times like this, we turn to each other for comfort, and remember her fondly as a powerful personality, yet a kind one.

Erin was, to this community, mother (sorry MotherBoard), grandmother, sister, friend, School Principal, and Chief of Police, depending on what was needed. She was all these things, to several thousand souls she never met.

No one will replace her on the Ship or in our hearts.

I went through the loss of Miss Molly on the Ship, in the Cafe, and and with some personal messages. It was difficult, to be sure, but we all knew it was coming, so the grieving started early, and lasted long. Others slipped away without me becoming aware until long afterwards, like Gambit and kenwritez, and I felt I had missed out in the closing of those chapters in the book of life. For Erin, it would have been nice to have been there for her at the end, but it seems she felt otherwise, and I respect her decision. I'm not sure how long it will take, but when we get over this monumental loss (or at least come to terms with it) we will be stronger for having endured it together.

If the apostle Paul were around, he might say something like:

quote:
To the Ship of Fools, Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

Erin, RIP.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Penelope
Apprentice
# 14992

- Posted      Profile for Penelope     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Has someone let Sarkycow know? I lost all rl contact with her several years ago but I know she'd want to know.
Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Matrix
Shipmate
# 3452

- Posted      Profile for Matrix     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Emma Louise:
Has someone let Sarkycow know? I lost all rl contact with her several years ago but I know she'd want to know.

Likewise IbP

--------------------
Maybe that's all a family really is; a group of people who miss the same imaginary place. - Garden State

Posts: 3847 | From: The courts of the King | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've emailed IBP.
Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is this stupid to say? I feel like it's a tribute to Erin the number of ways people have heard about her death:

Ship, Facebook, Twitter, text message, phone call, and during the open intercessions at a church in Wales.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
MrsM
Apprentice
# 14940

- Posted      Profile for MrsM   Email MrsM   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
she'd never have noticed my pitiful few postings, but she was one of the posters I loved to read most, I occasionally went through her old posts to see how she ticked. She will be sadly missed by all connected with the ship, I'm sure.
Posts: 14 | From: the dining room, normally | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Eliab
Shipmate
# 9153

- Posted      Profile for Eliab   Email Eliab   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been on the Ship for nearly six years, and I stay here because I've found a culture of integrity and honest engagement that has helped me more than I can say. Thank you, Erin.

Erin wasn't the only person here who exemplifies that approach, but she was one of the most important, not just by what she said but by how she ran this place. She was always fair, even to people she passionately disagreed with or personally disliked. She made this place feel both safe and demanding. I like it here, and I hope her influence here lasts as long as her memory.

I can't begin to think what a loss Erin's family must be feeling, or what a gap she will have left in their lives.

[Votive]

--------------------
"Perhaps there is poetic beauty in the abstract ideas of justice or fairness, but I doubt if many lawyers are moved by it"

Richard Dawkins

Posts: 4619 | From: Hampton, Middlesex, UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Has someone let Sarkycow know?

I had an old e-mail of hers sent a message.

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rex Monday:
LECTOR, SI MONUMENTUM REQUIRIS, CIRCUMSPICE

Twice I've heard this in 24 hours - once in St Paul's, of which it was written of Christopher Wren, and now here. Very appropriate, with all respect to Simon and the rest, that we see the Ship as Erin's legacy to us (though I'm sure Erin would have demanded a translation - 'Reader, if you need (to see)a monument, look around you').

[Votive]

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Ship is Simon's. And everyone else who helped set it up. The Boards are Erin's and everyone who helped.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nenuphar
Shipmate
# 16057

- Posted      Profile for Nenuphar   Email Nenuphar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So sorry to hear the sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with Jason and all those who mourn Erin's passing. May she rest in peace and rise in glory.
Posts: 161 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

- Posted      Profile for Viola   Email Viola   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nightlamp:
quote:

And I've tracked down her husband on facebook and sent him a message, so hopefully one of those will get through.

--------------------
"If ye love me, keep my commandments" John 14:15

"Commandment number one: shut the hell up." Erin Etheredge 1971-2010

Posts: 4345 | From: West of England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ecclesiastical Flip-flop
Shipmate
# 10745

- Posted      Profile for Ecclesiastical Flip-flop   Email Ecclesiastical Flip-flop   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I knew of Erin, but I do not frequent the parts of the board where she was most active. But I feel I must add my condolences to Jason, family and friends. Jesu mercy, Mary pray. Rest eternal grant unto her O Lord and let light perpetual shine on her.

--------------------
Joyeuses Pâques! Frohe Ostern! Buona Pasqua! ¡Felices Pascuas! Happy Easter!

Posts: 1946 | From: Surrey UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A former Shipmate writes:

quote:
I don't think I was Erin's favourite character, but I did always respect Erin and she will be remembered in my daily prayers.

Eternal Rest grant unto her O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her.
May she rest in peace.
Amen.

Q.
Posted with Simon's consent

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It has taken me 24 hours to accept that this is a) not a joke and b)real. I am in shock. The boards are what they are today very significantly because of the work that Erin put in here.

I crossed swords with her, I engaged her in discussion, and, most of all, I saw that underneath her "fuck you, bitches" exterior, she was a soft hearted and lovely person, with real passion and intensity.

To say that she will be missed is such an understatement. To all of those who knew her IRL, and especially her family, my heartfelt sympathy and prayers.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quinine
Shipmate
# 1668

- Posted      Profile for Quinine   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] What sad, shocking news.
Posts: 252 | From: In a fen | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I sure am slow!!! I'm just now hearing of Erin. [Frown] [Votive] ... what... what happened? (or is that not our business). In any case, prayers for her family and for our Ship. I'm not much of a hell denizen, but when I visited down there, she was a real spark. [Tear]
Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So this is why the black and white (and possibly why the board shut down for maintenance yesterday afternoon?). I haven't had much time to browse my fun on-line stuff in the past few days, so I just (selfishly) posted my time on the fitness thread. This is such sad news.

--------------------
The fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist.
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
dorothea
Goodwife and low church mystic
# 4398

- Posted      Profile for dorothea   Author's homepage   Email dorothea   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A total shock. Erin scared the pants of me half the time and had me down as a wishy-washy liberal, when I disagreed with her hardline stance on freedom of speech but she had such presence and was such an integral part of the ship.

This is so very sad.

[Votive]

J

--------------------
Protestant head? Catholic Heart?

http://joansbitsandpieces.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1581 | From: Notlob City Limits | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My deepest sympathy to the Etheredge family.

Erin was a blessing and one of a kind. I have always seen her as something of an evangel with colourfully choiced languages. Her way of distilling noisy issues raised on the Ship down to a simple core and dealing with it straightforwardly used to make me smile at the much ado about nothing nature of so many arguments. Genius!

Thank you so much Erin, for what you have done for us here on the Ship.

Viola
Administrator
# 20

- Posted      Profile for Viola   Email Viola   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Viola:
quote:
quote:

And I've tracked down her husband on facebook and sent him a message, so hopefully one of those will get through.
The facebook stalking worked. She'll probably be along when she's processed the news a bit.

--------------------
"If ye love me, keep my commandments" John 14:15

"Commandment number one: shut the hell up." Erin Etheredge 1971-2010

Posts: 4345 | From: West of England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
hatless

Shipmate
# 3365

- Posted      Profile for hatless   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She was so clever, so sharp, so articulate, so reliably right.

Poor Erin. Poor Ship.

[Votive]

--------------------
My crazy theology in novel form

Posts: 4531 | From: Stinkers | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've only just seen this - can't believe it. Awful, awful, awful. So young - this really sucks.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] for her family and everyone else who loved her.

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
cor ad cor loquitur
Shipmate
# 11816

- Posted      Profile for cor ad cor loquitur   Email cor ad cor loquitur   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just saw this; how very sad. I will pray for Erin and her family at Mass tomorrow morning. May she rest in peace.

--------------------
Quam vos veritatem interpretationis, hanc eruditi κακοζηλίαν nuncupant … si ad verbum interpretor, absurde resonant. (St Jerome, Ep. 57 to Pammachius)

Posts: 1332 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
cor ad cor loquitur
Shipmate
# 11816

- Posted      Profile for cor ad cor loquitur   Email cor ad cor loquitur   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just saw this; how very sad. I will pray for Erin and her family at Mass tomorrow morning. May she rest in peace.

--------------------
Quam vos veritatem interpretationis, hanc eruditi κακοζηλίαν nuncupant … si ad verbum interpretor, absurde resonant. (St Jerome, Ep. 57 to Pammachius)

Posts: 1332 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

had a response on the old e-mail address.

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stumbling Pilgrim
Shipmate
# 7637

- Posted      Profile for Stumbling Pilgrim   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't posted on the Ship for ages, though I've been reading avidly, and I never had any direct dealings with Erin, but I have to come tonight to say how shocked and saddened I am. I'm deeply grateful to Erin for her part in providing a place where I've learned so much, gained so many insights into other points of view and ways of believing, and had so much fun.
[Votive] for Jason and the rest of her family and friends.
[Votive] for those of you who were close to her and have worked with her to keep the Ship afloat.
And [Votive] for the Ship and all who sail in her.

--------------------
Stumbling in the Master's footsteps as best I can.

Posts: 492 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raspberry Rabbit

Will preach for food
# 3080

- Posted      Profile for Raspberry Rabbit   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Obit in a Florida newspaper

OBIT

--------------------
...naked pirates not respecting boundaries...
(((BLOG)))

Posts: 2215 | From: In the middle of France | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for that RR. I took the opportunity to sign the guest book.

Erin Melissa Etheredge, eh?

Soooo appropos that she shares a name with one of my favorite rock chicks.

Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin] I need a fearless love...

Thanks RR. And great to see you.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, thanks for the link. I signed too - I hope Erin would appreciate the irony that I had to sign with my name, the name of my city, and "US Outlying minor islands"

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016