homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Glory   » Gambit Memorial Shipmeet, January 21 (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Gambit Memorial Shipmeet, January 21
Wairua

Shipmate
# 3912

- Posted      Profile for Wairua   Email Wairua   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm finally awake again after getting home in the wee small hours of the morning. I must have had too much to drink because we stopped for kebabs on the journey home.

It was great to see so many people - sorry I didn't get around to speak to everyone. I figured if everyone moves around we all end up moving together, some people need to stay in one space and let the others move around them. I enjoyed catching up with those I knew and meeting a few new people. Hope to see you all again soon.

I thought the evening was a fitting tribute to Gambit.

Posts: 709 | From: aotearoa | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now how would TonyK forget Spike and Tina? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Also Ags.

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

- Posted      Profile for TonyK   Email TonyK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks guys - that explains it!!

List now:

A Smith
Ags
Aunt Doris
Cusanus
Dafyd
Daisymay
Eyeliner
Ham'n'Eggs
Joan Henrietta Newperson (Not Jane as listed earlier!)
Ken
Lux Mundi
Maddie
Marvin the Martian
Moth
Nanny Ogg
Polly
Rarebit
Rosamundi
Shadok
Spike
The Black Labrador
Tigglet
Tina
TonyK
Tubbs
W
Wairua

Total - 27

and how I could forget such good people is beyond me!

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

Posts: 2709 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glad we made it. It was our first evening out together in London for about 2 1/2 years and it was lovely to meet lots of people face to face. Apologies to those we didn't get to chat to - there's always next time. Hope everyone got home safely.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12618 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cusanus

Ship's Schoolmaster
# 692

- Posted      Profile for Cusanus         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A great meet. Good to put so many names to faces.

--------------------
"You are qualified," sa fotherington-tomas, "becos you can frankly never pass an exam and have 0 branes. Obviously you will be a skoolmaster - there is no other choice."

Posts: 3120 | From: The Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
J Whitgift

Pro ecclesia dei!
# 1981

- Posted      Profile for J Whitgift   Email J Whitgift   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Indeed a great meet. I've still got the hangover [Waterworks] to prove what a great night it was. It was also good to see at least two friends I hadn't seen for a while.

At the suggestion of a couple of South London Shipmates a thread for a Croydon meet will be posted sometime in the near future [Cool] .

Posts: 2838 | From: Gone shoreside | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So everyone's being too polite to mention the unfortunate "eyeliner/tart" comment, are they?

Ah well, trust a Hellhost [Snigger] .

As was said before: a fitting tribute to James. It was good meeting so many new people as well, though it was quite worrying how many people said variations of "you don't look scary enough for a Hellhost" to me over the course of the evening. Note to self: work harder on appearance...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 29840 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
though it was quite worrying how many people said variations of "you don't look scary enough for a Hellhost" to me over the course of the evening. Note to self: work harder on appearance...

I think it was the accent...

It's hard to take a hell host seriously when they speak pure Brummie [Snigger]

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Other planets have a Midlands"?
Posts: 4247 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

- Posted      Profile for TonyK   Email TonyK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
....<snip> it was quite worrying how many people said variations of "you don't look scary enough for a Hellhost" to me over the course of the evening. Note to self: work harder on appearance...

Perhaps you should talk to Eyeliner about her eyeliner - very scary [Big Grin]

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

Photos here - click the Photos text

First 5 up as I write - 8 to follow later today (I'm getting strong hints that somebody else wants to use the phoneline!)

If I have got a name wrong please let me know, and identify the photo in question.

Not all the pictures were usable - my apologies if you are not included.

If anyone has some photos they would like to put on this site, get in touch

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

All pictures now up - see here and click on 'Photos'

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great pictures Tony - Nanny Ogg, you look stunning! Really sorry I couldn't make it - other end of the country and all - but it looked like a great evening.

[reminder edited out as I was posting here while Tony the Tiger posted to Shipmeet Photos thread)

[ 23. January 2006, 11:36: Message edited by: Jack the Lass ]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5750 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
So everyone's being too polite to mention the unfortunate "eyeliner/tart" comment, are they?

It wasn't my fault she wasn't listening!! [Biased]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6015 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gosh. I look like Salman Rushdie.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Niënna

Ship's Lotus Blossom
# 4652

- Posted      Profile for Niënna   Email Niënna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That might explain somethings.

[Snigger]

Posts: 2298 | From: Purgatory | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Black Labrador
Shipmate
# 3098

- Posted      Profile for The Black Labrador   Email The Black Labrador   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A very enjoyable evening. And well done to Tony for the photos.
Posts: 629 | From: London | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dave Walker

Contributing Editor
# 14

- Posted      Profile for Dave Walker   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, great to see so many people.

Thanks Tony for the photos. For some reason I often seem to look odd or asleep in Shipmeet pictures. I don't know why that is.

Dave

--------------------
Cartoon blog / @davewalker

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My, what a good-looking bunch!

[edited to delete smiley above-- don't want my sincerity to be suspect [Biased] ]

[ 23. January 2006, 19:26: Message edited by: Mamacita ]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20699 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
My, what a good-looking bunch!

Tony is a very good photographer [Biased]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 29840 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tony, how do I get in without a password? (I don't see any "photos" to click on.)

[Confused]

--------------------
Don't keep calm. Go change the world.

Posts: 9301 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
Tony, how do I get in without a password? (I don't see any "photos" to click on.)

[Confused]

I got confused too - you need to click on the black word "photos" and then it opens up.
[Smile]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11090 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jack the Lass:
Great pictures Tony - Nanny Ogg, you look stunning!

Thank you Jack [Smile] though credit should go to TonyK and his magic camera.

Unlike the wimps I didn't have a sore head the next day [Big Grin] though I didn't surface until 11.30 the next morning.

Then again I am well practised at quaffing the ale.

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:

[Confused]

Sorry - should have made it a bit clearer!

Not the most obvious of places to click - but it's what the free Zoomshare service sets up and I haven't yet worked out how to change it (or even if it is possible to do so).

Hope all is OK now following Daisymay's advice!

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

Persephone Hazard

Ship's Wench
# 4648

- Posted      Profile for Persephone Hazard   Author's homepage   Email Persephone Hazard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am quite possibly the least photographic person in the universe. [Disappointed] I have never understood why this is, however.

If you think the day-to-day eyeliner is scary, Tony, just be glad that you've never seen me when I'm all ready for a night out! [Devil] , etc.

The tart thing was indeed very funny. No hard feelings Doris darling, I'd have done exactly the same thing if it had been the other way around, as you know full well! [Snigger] And I am, after all, the Ship's Wench (or will be soon, at any rate!)

--------------------
A picture is worth a thousand words, but it's a lot easier to make up a thousand words than one decent picture. - ken.

Posts: 1645 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016