homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Glory   » Vigil for Molly (Page 12)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Vigil for Molly
Spong

Ship's coffee grinder
# 1518

- Posted      Profile for Spong     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Logging in from an Internet cafe in Birmingham, so I won't be online for too long, but am praying for my hour. Lit a candle for Miss Molly in St Philip's Cathedral church.

--------------------
Spong

The needs of our neighbours are the needs of the whole human family. Let's respond just as we do when our immediate family is in need or trouble. Rowan Williams

Posts: 2173 | From: South-East UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
JB*

Horse marine
# 396

- Posted      Profile for JB*         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I will be somewhere between Santa Fe and Albuquerque and offline, but this is what I will be thinking of:

The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Ps 23

--------------------
You live, you learn. You learn, you live.

Posts: 1011 | From: State of Amazement and Delight | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Signing in, and lighting a candle for Miss Molly.
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lord Jesus hold our darling sister Molly
Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's a cold, dark English afternoon here, and I'm sitting beside the candle wondering if Molly's awake yet over there in SLC; I hope she's still peacefully asleep. Going round in my head there's a couple of lines from the end of a poem I can't place, though I think it was written in the seventeenth century:

D come the day when I shall never
Sleep again, but wake for ever.

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

Another thing, too, that I keep thinking about: I used to know an elderly man, a devout Methodist, who had had a near-death experience in the days before people talked much about them. I never heard him talk about exactly what happened to him, but every time he mentioned it he would snap his fingers and say, "I don't fear death that much any more."

Lord, I pray for that same cheerful confidence for Molly, and for all those who are close to her.

Eanswyth

Ship's raven
# 3363

- Posted      Profile for Eanswyth   Email Eanswyth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I woke up in the middle of the night with an immediate need to pray for Molly. The hymn "What Wondrous Love Is This" popped into my head, so I sang it in silence and fell asleep humming the tune.
Posts: 1323 | From: San Diego | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
sakura
Shipmate
# 1449

- Posted      Profile for sakura     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We are rehearsing today for a performance of Birtten's Ceremony of Carols tomorrow afternoon. I will be thinking of and praying for Molly as we sing, especially during these sections:

O my deare hert, young Jesu sweit
Prepare thy credil in my spreit
and I sall rock thee to my hert
and nevermair from thee depart

and

My soul, with Christ join thou in fight
Stick to the tents that he hath pight.
Within his crib is surest ward
this little babe will be thy guard.
If thou wilt foil thy foes with joy
then flit not from this heavenly Boy.

May the God who came as a child hold you close in His arms, Miss Molly so that you never depart from Him.

--------------------
Keep me as the apple of Your eye.
Hide me under the shadow of Your wings.

Posts: 478 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mysticlisa

Ship's seer
# 2867

- Posted      Profile for mysticlisa   Author's homepage   Email mysticlisa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for you Miss Molly, your family, and your dear ones...

Praying you have many opportunities to say the things you want and need to say...

Forgive me.

I forgive you.

I love you.

Goodbye.
--------------------------------------------

Abba, Father, who from heaven above
has told us here to live in love
and with our fellow Christians share
our mutual burdens and our prayer,
teach us no thoughtless word to say
but from our inmost heart to pray.

Father, Your name be hallowed.
Help us, Lord, in purity to keep Your Word
that to the glory of Your name
we walk before You free from blame.
Let no false teaching us pervert;
all poor deluded souls convert.

Father, Your kingdom come.
Guard Your domain
and Your eternal righteous reign.
The Holy Spirit enrich our day
with gifts attendant on our way.
Break Satan’s power,defeat his rage;
preserve Your church from age to age.

Father, Your gracious will on earth be done
as it is done before Your throne,
that patiently we may obey
in good or bad times all You say.
Curb flesh and blood and every ill
that sets itself against your will.

Father, give us this day our daily bread
and let us all be clothed and fed.
From warfare, rioting, and strife,
disease, and famine save our life
that we in honest peace may live,
to care and greed no entrance give.

Father, forgive our sins, let grace outpour
that they may trouble us no more;
we too will gladly those forgive
who harm us by the way they live.
Help us in each community
to serve with love and unity.

Lead not into temptation, Lord,
where our grim foe and all his horde
would vex our souls on every hand.
Help us resist, help us to stand
firm in the faith, armed with Your might;
Your Spirit gives Your children light.

Deliver us from evil days,
from every dark and trying maze.
Redeem us from eternal death,
console us when we yield our breath.
Give us at last a blessed end,
receive our souls, O faithful friend.

Amen, that is, it shall be so.
Make our faith strong that we may know
we need not doubt but shall receive
all that we ask, as we believe.
On Your great promise we lay claim.
Our faith says amen in Your name.

--------------------
"More things are wrought by prayer
than this world dreams of."
-Alfred Lord Tennyson

Posts: 483 | From: my laptop | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Signing on for the next hour.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Precious Lord, grant Molly a peaceful night, and give strength and comfort to those caring for her.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I knew from the day this thread began that we were beginning a journey together. I had no idea how far it would go or where it might take us. But I knew it wouldn't be boring, and you were an excellent companion. It was enough to have kept each other company for a little while, and for a long time to come I will remember you for it.

It has been a journey of unexpected discoveries about each of us, and new turnings brought out different lights in our characters. You gave me, and the other companions on the way, something we hadn't expected to see, and helped us bring out something in us we didn't know we had. And for that I thank you. If we have touched you, made you laugh, helped you through some dark moments, then we are glad, for you brought it out in us.

(First para inspired by a quote from Han Suyin's novel, "The Mountain is Young", although this is not an actual quote, and all the wording here is my own.)

Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Come, thou fount of every blessing,
tune my heart to sing thy grace;
streams of mercy, never ceasing,
call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it,
mount of thy redeeming love.

by Robert Robinson, 1758

Tune my heart, indeed. It is not fit for your presence, let alone to make intercession. Tune my heart, make your will my own desire.

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There are places where the darkness seems like only a veil of gauze,
where the unseen comes as close as a shadow.

There are times when the now and the not yet are nearly one,
when 2,000 years past seems like yesterday.

There are people who we love before we meet,
who we hold close across the many miles.

There are thin places,
and this is one of them.

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all of the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever and ever.

One thing have I asked for and one thing will I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all of the days of my life, to see his beauty and to meditate in his temple.

Amen.

--------------------

splosh
Shipmate
# 2743

- Posted      Profile for splosh   Email splosh   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for you Molly, that God is your rock at this time.

Serenity isn't freedom from the storm
but peace within the storm

--------------------
Just remember you are one of God's special people

Posts: 1371 | From: Slightly less north than before | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Royal Peculiar
Shipmate
# 3159

- Posted      Profile for Royal Peculiar   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know that there is nothing to fear and that dying is the greatest act fo love ; the act that leads me into the eternal embrace of God whose love is everlasting .

Henry Nouwen

( with thanks to Hidman-zero Ninja Blu-Tack Warrior who uses this as his sig.)

God,loving Father
be with Molly;
be with those who care for her;
be with those who pray for her;
and bring us all
into fullness of joy
in Your eternal presence

--------------------
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Oscar Wilde

Posts: 405 | From: Barking, London | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
JB*

Horse marine
# 396

1400-1500 I will be in the office and offline, but I will be thinking about this:

For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones [is] as a storm [against] the wall.

Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; [even] the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.

And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken [it].

And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this [is] our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this [is] the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation

Is 25:4-9

--------------------

Posts: 1011 | From: State of Amazement and Delight | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Constantly praying for you Molly. Am going off line now but am signed in for an off line vigil later...will be praying with my partner Jack.

God bless you Molly.
May your journey to the next world be pain free.
May your family and your friends find strength and comfort at this time.
May you look down upon us as you dance among the stars.
May you find peace and comfort in your final hours.
May you know that forever you will stay here in our hearts.
And may your next journey be wonderful and may you sing with all your heart.
Forgive my poetry - I just want to say what I feel...
God bless you my guardian angel...

May your fields be forever golden.
[Love] [Angel] [Love]

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May the Lord God look down on all who pray.
May the Lord God hear our prayers.
May He look down on Molly's family and friends,
and assure them of His love.
May they all find comfort,
May they all be loved and hugged,
And may each and every one of us find peace at this sad time.
Although we know we have to say goodbye, let us find our comfort in prayer and in each other.
We have been blessed to know Molly in our own different ways and may we learn by her example, her love and her laughter... her amazing humour...
The moments shared alone and together... the times we will never forget...
God bless her tonight... and God bless her forever...
and may the Lord God above look over her nearest and dearest at this time and forever.
Amen.

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I pray for the shipmates who are grieving, that they will know, our beloved sister is safely home and in the arms of the Creator of all things.

I pray for the family to be wrapped up in the love of people who will surround them and give them strength.

I pray for San Sebastian and Marian and the hospice workers and Timothy. I pray for the Hammargens, her friends and associates whose lives she touched.

May they know the love of Jesus Christ and that HE is their Savior, Lord and Father.

In Jesus name.

Motherboard

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
DMarie

Ship's stray
# 2267

- Posted      Profile for DMarie   Email DMarie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today I shout in Victory
To all my troubles past
I shout
I Praise
Jesus holy name!!
I'll be home with him so fast!
I dance and sing with no shame
I know I've been sat free
I know i'll be home soon with him
God's got a mansion for me
I'll sing unto the heavens
and Praise him all night long
I'll sing untill the sun goe's down
and then sing another song
I can not Praise enough you see
I am Joyful as can be
For I know i'll be home soon with him
God's got a mansion for me!

By Tara Simas

Continually praying for Molly, her mother and father, St. Seb, Marian, TimothyL and everyone on these boards. Blessings to everyone!
DM

Posts: 163 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A ne dawns in Brisbane, Australia... the light of the fine Christmas sun reminds me that the light of God illumines all dark vallies, even the one Molly walks down.
Amen.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...In Thy presence is fullness of joy,
At Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Ps. 16:11

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Lord, be with Molly in her time of trial. Wrap her in your loving arms, surround her with your calm, keep her from all pain and fear.
Give her courage and serenity for the last part of her journey.

Give strength to her loved ones, her friends and family as they let her go.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Shepherd will supply my need:
Jehovah is His Name;
in pastures fresh he makes me feed,
beside the living stream.
He brings my wandering spirit back
when I forsake his ways,
and leads me, for his mercy's sake,
in paths of truth and grace.

When I walk through the shades of death
his presence is my stay;
one word of his supporting grace
drives all my fears away.
His hand, in sight of all my foes,
doth still my table spread;
my cup with blessings overflows,
his oil anoints my head.

The sure provisions of my God
attend me all my days;
O may thy house be my abode,
and all my work be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
while others go and come;
no more a stranger, nor a guest,
but like a child at home.

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
zephirine of the roses

Soul of the rose
# 3323

- Posted      Profile for zephirine of the roses   Author's homepage   Email zephirine of the roses   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
a night prayer (in high scot)

'O thou wha keeps the stars alicht, an' oor souls burnin' wi' a licht aboon that o' the stars, grant that they may shine afore thee as the stars for ever and ever. An' as thou hauds the stars burnin' a' the nicht whan there's no man to see, so haud thou the licht burnin' in our souls, whan we see neither thee nor it, but are buried in the grave o' sleep an' forgetfu'ness. Be thou by us, even as a mother sits by the bedside o' her ailin' wean a' the long night; only be thou nearer to us, even in our verra souls, an' watch ower the warl' o' dreams that they mak for themsels. Grant that more an' more thochts o' thy thinkin' may come into our herts day by day, till there shall be at last an open road atween thee an' us, an' thy angels may ascend and descend upon us, so that we may be in thy heaven, e'en while we are upo' thy earth. Amen.'

David Elginbrod

by George MacDonald

--------------------
We are, each of us, angels with only one wing. And we can only fly embracing each other."

*~ Luciano De Crescenzo

Posts: 1756 | From: middle of an apple orchard in ny | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Meike
Shipmate
# 3006

- Posted      Profile for Meike   Email Meike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Saving the Best for Last

Got into a cab in New York City
Was an Oriental man behind the wheel
Started talking about heaven
Like it was real
Said "They got mansions in heaven
Yeah the angels are building one for me right now
And I know...

They're saving the best for last
Look around this town
And tell me that it ain't so
They're saving the best for last
Don't ask me how I know
'Cause it must be
Saving the best for last for me…

And when I finally take this journey
I'm gonna wave goodbye to Earth
Gonna throw this meter in the ocean
And prove what I was worth
And I don't care who tries to flag me down
They're gonna have to find another ride uptown
And I know
They're saving the best for last..."

By Marc Cohn

The first thing I did this morning was lighting a candle and praying for Molly and all her loved ones. May the LORD bless Molly and keep her; may the LORD make His face shine upon her and be gracious to her. May the LORD lift up His countenance upon Molly, and give her peace. Amen

--------------------
“A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Posts: 250 | From: I like this place | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good Morning to Miss Molly. My prayers are with you often, even when I don't manage to post them.

Lord, please be with Molly through this day, and with those who watch over her. Give her the strength she needs to continue on her journey.

Thy will be done.

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
JB*

Horse marine
# 396

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Rev 21:1-4

--------------------

dolphy

# 862

Lord God above, watch over all who pray, whether they pray silently or openly. I pray that those who are closest to Molly will feel the strength of your love and the power of the prayers on this, our vigil. Grant that Molly and her family will feel no pain or anger or sadness but rejoice in her life on this earth and rejoice in her life to come. May we all learn by her example and continue to laugh when we remember her wonderful sense of humour, sing the songs that she shared with us, and continue to hold her in our hearts until we meet again. May she suffer no more, may she meet her maker with a peaceful heart and may all those she leaves in this world find comfort and strength in her memory. In the spirit of this Ship, I pray that Molly will always be an everlasting sentence. When the time comes, may each and everyone of us look up into the night sky and see her star shining brightly...watching over us all.
Amen.

--------------------

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying to offer thanks for the latest update, which reports that Molly seems to be pain-free. Lord be with her, whisper reassurance to her as her mind deals with hallucinations.

I pray especially that God will provide strength to her family and friends who are there with her, watching through the slow minutes.

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying that God will be granting Molly visions of his love and care for her; and gently whispering to her his plans to help and not to harm her.

Praying that the ears of Molly's heart will be open to his kindness and comfort and peace; and that whatever tricks her physical condition plays on her, deep in her soul God's Spirit is soothing and calming Molly, preparing her for the beauty and joy of her new home.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

An old-fashioned child's bedtime prayer. My mother made a cross-stitch sampler of this, which hung in my bedroom while I was young, and now hangs in my daughter's bedroom:

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying, Molly

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Royal Peculiar
Shipmate
# 3159

- Posted      Profile for Royal Peculiar   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lord we thank for the fellowship of the Ship and the blessings we have received through it, and especially through Molly. We thank you that through the earthly marvel of the internet and the stilll greater heavenly marvel of prayer we are bound together with you and Miss Molly . May she know that the love expressed in this vigil,intense though it is, is but a pale reflection of you love for her.

Amen

--------------------

Oscar Wilde

Meike
Shipmate
# 3006

- Posted      Profile for Meike   Email Meike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Father, our soul waits for you; thank you for being our help and our shield. Let Your mercy, dear Father, be upon your daughter Molly, just as she hopes in You. Amen

--------------------
“A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Posts: 250 | From: I like this place | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

- Posted      Profile for blackbird     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, when to the heart of man
Was it ever less than a treason.
To go with the drift of things,
To yield with a grace to reason,
And bow and accept the end
Of a love or a season?

Frost

from North of Boston

Posts: 1236 | From: usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

Two of the verses from this morning's choir anthem:

True love can brook no dull delay:
Thru toils and dangers lies their way
And yet their home, their friends, their all,
They leave at once, at God's high call.

O while the star of heavn'ly grace
Invites us, Lord, to seek Thy face,
May we no more that grace repel,
Or quench that light which shines so well!

by C Coffin (ca. 1749)

zephirine of the roses

Soul of the rose
# 3323

- Posted      Profile for zephirine of the roses   Author's homepage   Email zephirine of the roses   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
watching the snow fall, molly, and praying for you.

i got this in my mail from one of my cyber-moms from the wingfold:

"I salute you! There is nothing I can give you which you have not, but there is much, that, while I cannot give, you can take.

No heaven can come to us unless our hearts find rest in it today . Take Heaven.

No peace lies in the future which is not hidden in this present instant. Take Peace.

The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet, within our reach, is joy. Take Joy.

And so, at this Christmas time, I greet you, with the prayer that for you, now and forever, the day breaks and the shadows flee away."

Fra Giovanni - 1513

--------------------
We are, each of us, angels with only one wing. And we can only fly embracing each other."

*~ Luciano De Crescenzo

Posts: 1756 | From: middle of an apple orchard in ny | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

It's a beautiful new day with cold winter air and a forecast of rain. I'll be praying for Molly in the cracks and corners of my day.

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
still praying...

taking 8-10 PST

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

Constantly praying... but will take 17:00 - 18:00 officially, but off line.

--------------------

dolphy

# 862

Sorry, posted this on wrong thread.
Would a kind host please send my last post to the Vigil sign up thread.
Thank you.

--------------------

sakura
Shipmate
# 1449

- Posted      Profile for sakura     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We have waited in silence on your loving-kindness, O God,
in the midst of your temple.

Your praise, like your Name, O God, reaches to the world's end;
your right hand is full of justice.

This God is our God for ever and ever;
he shall be our guide for evermore.

Lord, hear the prayers of all who watch and wait in this place. We hold Miss Molly, her family and friends before you. May they find security and joy in the knowledge that You are their guide and comforter now and until the word's end.

--------------------
Keep me as the apple of Your eye.
Hide me under the shadow of Your wings.

Posts: 478 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Hundredth
Shipmate
# 112

- Posted      Profile for Old Hundredth   Email Old Hundredth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Several weeks ago at my church we sang 'In Christ alone' which has been posted on this thread a coupe of times, and I felt very close to Molly while singing it (especially the last verse). This Sunday we sang it during Communion (the choir normally sings quiet worship songs during distribution) and it was the final item. By the end of verse 3, everyone had received so the vicar invited the whole congregation to stand and join in the final verse - it felt like a great wave of solidarity for our dear Molly.

--------------------
If I'm not in the Chapel, I'll be in the bar (Reno Sweeney, 'Anything Goes')

Posts: 976 | From: The land of the barm cake | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

I'm praying for you Molly, and for all those watching and waiting with you. May God provide strength and moments of respite for you all. May you be aware of His presence.
DMarie

Ship's stray
# 2267

- Posted      Profile for DMarie   Email DMarie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD ,
make me dwell in safety.

Praying that Molly's nights will improve and God's peace will overcome her hallucinations.

DM

Posts: 163 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Royal Peculiar
Shipmate
# 3159

I lit a candle for Molly in the Crypt Chapel at St. Mary -le-Bow, a place where there are weekly healing services ,today .

--------------------

Oscar Wilde

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As I played at the carol concert practice tonight I prayed for Molly.

Lord, you know how much it hurts to have someone you love taken from you. You willingly sent your Son down here, knowing that he would die. Give us the same strength as we let go of Molly. Surround us with the same love, as you did way back then when you gave the world your Son. Call Molly to be with you, to see you face to face, and make that last journey peaceful and pain-free. Give her rest and hope and light and love.

Amen.

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016