homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Glory   » Vigil for Molly (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Vigil for Molly
Scot
Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am here to keep watch and pray for the next hour.

scot

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9513 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May God be with you on your coming in and your going out. I will continue to pray.

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Online again, praying throughout the day.

Lord, bless and strengthen Molly, her parents, and all those who care for her. Enfold her in your arms of love, and give her your peace.

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

------------------------

Praying again, Molly....

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4442 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scot
Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God, when one we love slips finally from our grasp, grant us the mercy of knowing that she will never – can never – escape your loving grasp. We ask for your comforting touch on Molly, both for her physical pains and for her fears. We thank you for her family and friends who can be with her when we cannot. Please give them strength and peace in these hard hours and days.

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.

But, Lord, ‘tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh trump of the angel! Oh voice of the Lord!
Blessèd hope, blessèd rest of my soul!

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember you.

May you sing with the angels and dance among the stars.

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scot
Deck hand
# 2095

May you sing with a thousand voices, and dance with the One you love most.

We will remember in anticipation.

--------------------

Sean D
Cheery barman
# 2271

- Posted      Profile for Sean D   Author's homepage   Email Sean D   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I woke up very early this morning with Miss Molly in my thoughts, and those beautiful prayers from Evensong in the Prayer Book running through my head. I pray them for Molly.

O God, from whom all holy desires, all good counsels, and all just works do proceed,
Give unto thy servants that peace which the world cannot give
That both our hearts may be set to obey thy commandments,
And also, by thee, we being defended from the fear of our enemies,
May pass our time in rest and quietness.
Through the merits of Jesus Christ, our Saviour. Amen.

Lighten our darkness we beseech thee O Lord,
And by thy great mercy, defend us from all dangers and perils of this night,
For the love of thy only Son, our Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen.

(From memory, so feel free to correct mistakes.)

Posts: 2126 | From: North and South Kensington | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*Peaceful Sunset* Author Unknown

Slowly the light begins to fade
Unveiling a vast sky of darkness
Night beins to settle in
Shadowing the world in gray,
Except for a few lone stars
That twinkle with delight.

Descent into darkness
Reality fades away,
Everlasting peacefulness
All fears washed away.

--------------------

Clíona
Shipmate
# 2035

- Posted      Profile for Clíona   Email Clíona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stay here and keep watch with me
Watch and pray
Watch and pray

Molly, you're wonderful. Thankyou.

--------------------
Starting (yet) again...

Posts: 1262 | From: Back in Dublin | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Genie
Shipmate
# 3282

- Posted      Profile for Genie   Email Genie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Father God, your children throng around the foot of your eternal throne, dazzled by your glory and awed by your splendour, and trusting in your love and grace to tenderly hold us and keep us safe. Without you we are lost; without you we are as blind men stumbling in the dark. I pray that you gather your beloved child, Molly, into your arms and hold her safe. Wash away her pain, dry her tears, and enfold her within your mercy in eternal peace.

Father God, I pray that you grace Molly with your love, and fit her for heaven, to take her place with your children in eternal bliss. Let her feel your presence, Father, and let her know that she is loved. Fill her days with sunshine and her nights with peaceful rest.

Father God, I pray that you gift Molly and all your children with strength and joy, that we may strive towards your kingdom in all hope; in all expectation. Guide our steps to walk in your presence. Comfort us when the path is difficult, and celebrate with us when the path becomes easy and joyful. Walk with us, eat with us, dance with us and mourn with us. Fill our hearts and minds with your glory, that we may delight in following wherever you lead us. I pray that you fill Molly, and all those tending to her or praying for her, with strength, determination and peace that her days with us may be joyful, until your accept her home to rest with you. Keep her safe until that blessed day when you return in glory to accept all your children home, and we may be reunited once more.

Father God, trusting in your precious love, and in the promise of Jesus' name, I ask that you accept these prayers for our sister Molly, and welcome her into your heaven with tenderness and joy.

--------------------
Alleluia, Christ is risen!

Posts: 762 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I will be happy to do 9-10pm tonight if anyone is making a rota that far ahead(there is a Taize prayer at Magdalen College chapel, so I'll be offline...)
Posts: 5349 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Checking in for my hour (good Lord it's dark outside).

Extra special thanks to Scot for this: [Tear]

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scot
Deck hand
# 2095

Almighty God, look on this your servant, lying in great weakness, and comfort her with the promise of life everlasting, given in the resurrection of your Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

--------------------

dolphy

# 862

The Musician by R.S. Thomas

At some recital in this same city,
The seats all taken, I found myself pushed
On to the stage with a few others,
So near that I could see the toil
Of his face muscles, a pulse like a moth
Fluttering under the fine skin
And the indelible veins of his smooth brow.
I could see, too, the twitching of the fingers,
Caught temporarily in art's neurosis,
As we sat there or warmly applauded
This player who so beautifully suffered
For each of us upon his instrument.
So it must have been on Calvary
In the fiercer light of the thorns' halo:
The men standing by and that one figure,
The hands bleeding, the mind bruised but calm,
Making such music as lives still.
And no-one daring to interrupt
Because it was himself that he played
And closer than all of them the God listened.
[Tear]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"If you love me, do not weep. If you only knew the gift of God and what heaven is! If only you could hear the angels’ song from where you are, and see me among them! If only you could see before your eyes the eternal fields with their horizons, and the new paths in which I walk! If only you could contemplate for one moment the beauty that I see, beauty before which all others fall and fade!

Why do you who saw me and loved me in the land of shadows, why do you think you will not see me and love me again in the land of unchanging realities?

Believe me when death breaks your chains as it has broken mine, when, on that day, chosen by God, your soul reaches heaven where I have preceded you, then you will see Him who loved and still loves you. You will find His heart the same, His tenderness even purer than before.

God forbid that entering a happier life, I should become less loving, unfaithful to the memories and real joys of my other life. You will see me again transfigured in esctasy and happiness, no longer waiting for death, but ever hand in hand with you, walking in the new paths of light and life, my thirst to the fullest at the feet of God from a fountain of which one never tires, and which you will come to shape with me.

Wipe away the tears, and if you love me truly, weep no more."

(St Augustine)

dolphy

# 862

Merciful Father hear our prayers.

--------------------

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God the Father,
Have mercy on your servant.
God the Son,
God the Holy Spirit,
Holy Trinity, one God,

From all evil, from all sin, from all tribulation,
Good Lord, deliver her.
By your holy Incarnation, by your Cross and Passion, by your precious Death and Burial,
Good Lord, deliver her.
By your glorious Resurrection and Ascension, and by the Coming of the Holy Spirit,
Good Lord, deliver her.

We sinners beseech you to hear us, Lord Christ: That it may please you to deliver the soul of your sevant from the power of evil, and from eternal death,
We beseech you to hear us, good Lord.
That it may please you mercifully to pardon all her sins,
That it may please you to grant her a place of refreshment and everlasting blessedness,
That it may please you to give her joy and gladness in your kingdom, with your saints in light,

Jesus, Lamb of God:
Have mercy on her.
Jeasus, bearer of our sins:
Have mercy on her.
Jesus, redeemer of the world,
Give her your peace.

Kyrie eleison,
Christe eleison,
Kyrie eleison.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Deliver your servant, Molly, O Sovereign Lord Christ, from all evil, and set her free from every bond; that she may rest with all your saints in the ethereal habitations; where with the Father and the Holy Spirit, you live and reign, one God, forever and ever. Amen.

[ 05. December 2002, 10:35: Message edited by: Erin ]

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

Father hear the prayers we offer,
Father, be thou at our side.

--------------------

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

The splendor falls on castle walls
And snowy summits old in story;
The long light shakes across the lakes,
And the wild cataract leaps in glory.

Blow, bugle, blow, set the wild echoes flying,
Blow, bugles; answer, echoes, dying, dying, dying.

O, hark, O, hear! How thin and clear,
And thinner, clearer, farther going!
O, sweet and far from cliff and scar
The horns of Elfland faintly blowing!

Blow, bugles; answer, echoes, dying, dying, dying.

O love, they die in yon rich sky,
They faint on hill or field or river;
Our echoes roll from soul to soul,
And grow for ever and for ever.

And answer, echoes, answer, dying, dying, dying.

~Tennyson

[ 05. December 2002, 10:45: Message edited by: Erin ]

Scot
Deck hand
# 2095

I'm going to get some sleep, but I'll check back in a few hours. The peace of the Lord be always with you all.

scot

God our Father,
You have been our guide and our help
Throughout this day:
Stay with us now throughout the night.
May your light enlighten and purify our hearts,
And keep them vigilant in faith,
Through Jesus, the Christ, our Lord.

May the Lord grant us a quiet night and a perfect end.

--------------------

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

And another by Tennyson (sorry, he's my favorite poet, I know he inspires an impressive loathing amongst others).

Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;

For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crost the bar.

[ 05. December 2002, 14:36: Message edited by: Erin ]

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Let saints on earth in concert sing
with those whose work is done;
for all the servants of our King
in heav'n and earth are one.

One family, we dwell in him,
one church, above, beneath;
though now divided by the stream,
the narrow stream of death.

The people of the living God,
to his command we bow;
part of the host have crossed the flood,
and part are crossing now.

E'en now to their eternal home
there pass some spirits blest;
while others to the margin come,
waiting their call to rest.

Jesu, be thou our constant guide;
then, when the word is giv'n,
bid Jordan's narrow stream divide,
and bring us safe to heav'n.

Today I think I'll just have to pray when I can, but if anyone's doing the rota yet, tomorrow morning (GMT) I can manage any hour between nine and twelve.

Posts: 2449 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

Cometh sunshine after rain,
After sorrow joy again;
After storms of bitter grief
Dawneth God's own sure relief.
And my soul, who from her height
Sank to the realms of darkest night,
Wingeth up to Heaven her flight.

So the passing years employ,
Greeting life and death with joy,
Till at last ou meet the grave
With a heart still glad and brave.
Whom the Almighty doth defend,
Whom the Heighest counts His friend,
Cannot perish in the end.

--------------------

dolphy

# 862

Hold thou thy cross before my closing eyes;
Shine through the gloom, and point me to the skies;
Heaven's morning breaks, and earth's vain shadows flee;
In life, in death, O Lord, abide with me.

--------------------

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

"Sadie Eleanor Baxter died peacefully in her sleep on June 30, in the early hours of the morning...

Louella Baxter Marshall had not been asleep when she heard the bells toll; she had been praying on and off throughout the night, and weeping and talking aloud to Miss Sadie and the Lord. When the tolling came, she sat up, and without meaning to, exactly, exclaimed, 'Thank you, Jesus! Thank you for takin' her home!'"

~Jan Karon, These High, Green Hills

Thank you, Jesus. Thank you for taking Miss Molly home.

[ 05. December 2002, 10:59: Message edited by: Erin ]

dolphy

# 862

I strove with none, for none was worth my strife;
Nature I loved, and, next to nature, Art:
I warm'd both hands before the fire of Life;
It sinks; and I am ready to depart.

(Walter S Landor)

--------------------

dolphy

# 862

When I am dead, my dearest,
sing no sad songs for me;
Plant thou no roses at my head,
Nor shady cypress tree:
Be the green grass above me
With showers and dewdrops wet;
And if tho wilt, remember,
And if thou wilt, forget.

I shall not see the shadows,
I shall not feel the rain;
I shall not hear the nightingale
Sing on, as if in pain:
And dreaming through the twilight
That doth not rise nor set,
Haply I may remember,
And haply may forget.

(Christina Rossetti)

--------------------

shoewoman
Shipmate
# 1618

- Posted      Profile for shoewoman   Email shoewoman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miss Molly, I don't know anything at all about you - I've read your name before, but I somehow missed to read the threads on which you posted - but this thread has deeply touched me since I discovered it. We will get friends in eternal life, and I'm looking forward to it!

I've been praying last night, and today, whenever I could, and I will go on with it.

The Lord bless you and keep you, and let his face shine upon you, and give you peace.

Posts: 652 | From: Germany | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

The Reassurance by Thom Gunn

About ten days or so
After we saw you dead
You came nack in a dream
I'm alright now you said.

And it was you, although
You were fleshed out again:
You hugged us all round then,
and gave your welcoming beam.

How like you to be kind,
Seeking to reassure.
And, yes, like my mind
To make itself secure.

--------------------

Jonm
Shipmate
# 1246

- Posted      Profile for Jonm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Trottting of soon to find a church near here (I think st Bartholomew the Great must be quite near) to do my hour.
If I get lost I'll pray as I walk [Smile]

Jonathan

Posts: 264 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Will pop into my local at lunchtime for a few minutes to light a candle for you.
Inanna

Ship's redhead
# 538

- Posted      Profile for Inanna   Email Inanna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight, and give your angels charge over those who sleep.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ.
Rest your weary ones.
Bless your dying ones.
Soothe your suffering ones.
Pity your afflicted ones.
Shield your joyous ones.
And for all your love's sake. Amen.

(Saint Augustine)

--------------------
All shall be well
And all shall be well
And all manner of things shall be well.

Posts: 1495 | From: Royal Oak, MI | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord
Who abide by his shadow for life
Say to the Lord, "My refuge, my rock in whom I trust!"

And he will raise you up on eagles wings
Bear you on the breath of dawn
Make you to shine like the sun
And hold you in the palm of his hand.

The snare of the fowler will never capture you
And famine will bring you no fear
Under his wings your refuge
His faithfulness your shield.

You need not fear the terror of the night
Nor the arrow that flies by day
Though thousands fall about you
Near you it shall not come.

For to his angels he's given a command
To guard you in all of your ways
Upon their hands they will bear you up
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

Stephen Dean (I think. Based on Ps 91)

Lord, hold Molly, and all those close to her in the palm of your hand, and cradle them in your love.

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4442 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
John 14, 27

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

L.

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Posts: 6891 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Psalm 122 here

'For the sake of my brothers and companions I will pray that peace be with you'

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have lit a candle again for Molly while I do a bit of work before going to Mass. Lord please be with her and with her family and friends.

When peace, like river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll --
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say
It is well, it is well with my soul.

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend,
"Even so" -- it is well with my soul.

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spong

Ship's coffee grinder
# 1518

- Posted      Profile for Spong     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know people are in and out of here all the time, but we don't seem to have anyone rota-ed from after jlg at 2pm until Welsh Dragon at 9pm - 10pm. I can take 2 - 3, although I'll only be online for a part of the time. Apologies if this has all been sorted out in the Cafe chapel, I'm not cafe denizen.

--------------------
Spong

The needs of our neighbours are the needs of the whole human family. Let's respond just as we do when our immediate family is in need or trouble. Rowan Williams

Posts: 2173 | From: South-East UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jesu, dulcis memoria,
dans vera cordis gaudia,
sed super mel et omnia,
eius dulcis praesentia.

Nil canitur suavius,
nil auditur iucundius,
nil cogitatur dulcius
quam Jesus, Dei Filius.

Jesu, the very thought of Thee
With sweetness fills the breast;
But sweeter far Thy face to see,
And in Thy presence rest.

Nor voice can sing, nor heart can frame,
Nor can the memory find
A sweeter sound than Thy blessed Name,
O Saviour of mankind!

O hope of every contrite heart,
O joy of all the meek,
To those who fall, how kind Thou art!
How good to those who seek!

But what to those who find? Ah, this
Nor tongue nor pen can show;
The love of Jesu, what it is,
None but His loved ones know.

Jesu, our only joy be Thou,
As Thou our prize will be;
Jesus be Thou our glory now,
And through eternity.

O Jesu, King most wonderful
Thou Conqueror renowned,
Thou sweetness most ineffable
In Whom all joys are found!

When once Thou visitest the heart,
Then truth begins to shine,
Then earthly vanities depart,
Then kindles love divine.

O Jesu, light of all below,
Thou fount of living fire,
Surpassing all the joys we know,
And all we can desire.

Jesu, may all confess Thy name,
Thy wondrous love adore,
And, seeking Thee, themselves inflame
To seek Thee more and more.

Thee, Jesu, may our voices bless,
Thee may we love alone,
And ever in our lives express
The image of Thine own.

O Jesu, Thou the beauty art
Of angel worlds above;
Thy Name is music to the heart,
Inflaming it with love.

O most sweet Jesu, hear the sighs
Which unto Thee we send;
To Thee our inmost spirit cries;
To Thee our prayers ascend.

Abide with us, and let Thy light
Shine, Lord, on every heart;
Dispel the darkness of our night;
And joy to all impart.

Jesu, our love and joy to Thee,
The virgin’s holy Son,
All might and praise and glory be,
While endless ages run.

(St Bernard of Clairvaux)

I have been singing this for you all day Molly.

Posts: 9513 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Off to church now, so I won't be on-line during my time slot.

Be with Molly, Lord.

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hils
Shipmate
# 2251

- Posted      Profile for Hils     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dearest Molly,
Though we have never met in real life, you are a good friend and have been a great help in times of trouble.
I pray that you will know the Lord close to you at this time and also with all your family. I thank him that you had a great Thanksgiving and only wish you could have many more.
May you be free from too much pain and be able to be at peace in the knowledge that the Lord is waiting from you with open arms.
I will never forget what you said about a virtual hug and will share it with others now so they can have your hugs too: put your left arm on your right shoulder and squeeze, put your right hand on your left shoulder and squeeze. YOu have just had a hug from Molly.
God bless you Molly, You are a wonderful person and I am honoured to be able say I knew you.

Posts: 470 | From: Surrey | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief

Ship's pirate
# 2049

- Posted      Profile for JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Psalm 150
1 Praise the LORD.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
2 Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
4 praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,
5 praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.

6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD .

Praise the LORD .

--------------------
Written from my alternative universe.

Posts: 1100 | From: East Anglia in the UK | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged

Ship's pirate
# 2049

- Posted      Profile for JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
# When I survey the wondrous cross
where the young Prince of Glory died,
my richest gain I count but loss,
and pour contempt on all my pride.

# Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
save in the cross of Christ, my God:
all the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to his blood.

# See, from his head, his hands, his feet,
sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
or thorns compose so rich a crown?

# Were the whole realm of nature mine,
that were an offering far too small;
love so amazing, so divine,
demands my soul, my life, my all.

--------------------
Written from my alternative universe.

Ship's pirate
# 2049

To you I lift up my soul, O Lord. Psalm 25:1

Give comfort and rest to Molly oh Lord God.
Amen

GordonThePenguin
Shipmate
# 2106

- Posted      Profile for GordonThePenguin   Email GordonThePenguin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ach Herr, lass dein lieb Engelein
Am letzten End die Seele mein
In Abrahams Schoss tragen,
Den Leib in sein'm Schlafkämmerlein
Gar sanft ohn ein'ge Qual und Pein,
Ruhn bis am jüngsten Tage!
Alsdenn vom Tod erwecke mich,
Daß meine Augen sehen dich
In aller Freud, o Gottes Sohn,
Mein Heiland und Genadenthron!
Herr Jesu Christ, erhöre mich,
Ich will dich preisen ewiglich!

O Lord, at my end send your angel
To carry me to Abraham's bosom.
Let my body sleep until the Last Day
Free from torment und pain.
Then awaken me from death
And let my eyes behold you with joy,
Son of God, throne of grace!
Lord Jesus Christ hear my prayer
I will praise you for eternity!

Posts: 400 | From: Heidelberg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

- Posted      Profile for clare   Email clare   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I prayed in darkness and now it is another day. But I add my night prayer...

O living God, in Jesus Christ you were laid in the tomb at this evening hour, and so sanctified the grave to be a bed of hope to your people. Give us courage and faith to die daily to our sin and pride, that even as this flesh and blood decays, our lives may still grow in you, that at our last day our dying may be done so well that we live in you for ever. Amen.

And the additional prayer for the 4th day of the month...

Watch between us, dear God, when we are absent from one another.

Posts: 2317 | From: edge of the peak district | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness.

"The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in Him."

The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

Lamentations 3:22-26

sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thy will be done...
Lord,
In my heart i selfishly want Molly to live so much
But i guess You have other plans and i (we) just have to trust you...
I pray you grant your blessed peace to Molly and all her friends,
Until you come to take her home.
Amen
[Tear] [Tear]

(I'm praying at a computer from now til i go home)

Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

Another verse from "the song of mehitabel":

i have had my ups and downs
but wotthehell wotthehell
yesterday sceptres and crowns
fried oysters and velvet gowns
and today i herd with bums
i wake the world from sleep
as i caper and sing and leap
when i sing my wild free tune
wotthehell wotthehell
under the blear eyed moon
i am pelted with cast off shoon

Molly, I pray that the Lord in his mercy will keep your soul free to caper and sing and leap and sing a wild free tune, even as you go through the great transition that is death.

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

from the Song of Solomon:

I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016