homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Glory   » Leetle Masha RIP (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Leetle Masha RIP
goperryrevs
Shipmtae
# 13504

- Posted      Profile for goperryrevs   Author's homepage   Email goperryrevs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll never forget her kind words of comfort and wisdom. Thank you, Mary, your are truly one of God's own.

[Votive]

--------------------
"Keep your eye on the donut, not on the hole." - David Lynch

Posts: 2098 | From: Midlands | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shame on me. My selfish pained thoughts of how I'll miss her should show up 'way down the list after all the gratitude that she's been with us and the joy over her being in the hands of God.

I hope I find others to love a capella music and shaped-note singing and similar, to enjoy them with me...

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Goodness, I'll miss sharing this stuff with her.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Leetle Masha once invited me to visit her, and even went so far as to find the most historic Quaker Meetinghouse in her area (full of historic Quaker Meetinghouses) where we could attend worship.

Unfortunately, life intervened, and I wasn't able to take her up on that invitation. I wish I had been able to.

But I enjoyed her presence on the Ship and know that she will be missed.

sabine

--------------------
"Hunger looks like the man that hunger is killing." Eduardo Galeano

Posts: 5887 | From: the US Heartland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
RIP and rise in glory [Votive]

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been away for a few days so have only just seen this - I'm so sorry, and pray for all those who mourn Mary.

RIP, Leetle Masha, and rise in glory [Votive] .

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pancho
Shipmate
# 13533

- Posted      Profile for Pancho   Author's homepage   Email Pancho   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been as shocked and saddened as others on reading this news. I believe she was a truly good-hearted woman. She was kind, generous, and noble with a remarkable breadth of knowledge and a droll sense of humor. We shared some lovely PMs together and for that I am grateful. I pray the suffering she experienced in this life, on and off the Ship, has prepared her for joy and greater glory in the the next.

Si por Tu sangre preciosa, Señor, la habéis redimido,
que la perdonas, Señor, por tu pasión dolorosa.
Dale, Señor, el descanso eterno
y luzca para ella la luz perpetua.
Que descanse en paz.
Amen

If by your Precious Blood, O Lord, you have redeemed her,
Forgive her, Lord, by your Sorrowful Passion.
Grant her Lord, eternal rest
and let perpetual light shine upon her.
May she rest in peace.
Amen.
[Votive]

--------------------
“But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the market places and calling to their playmates, ‘We piped to you, and you did not dance;
we wailed, and you did not mourn.’"

Posts: 1988 | From: Alta California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Shoehorn with Teeth

Laughing Vulcan
# 2420

- Posted      Profile for Shoehorn with Teeth   Email Shoehorn with Teeth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 483 | From: crowded house | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm envious.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mousethief notified me when Leetle Masha's time was near. I was saddened by the news, but encouraged by the sure and certain hope of her resurrection.

May her memory be eternal!

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

- Posted      Profile for The Scrumpmeister   Author's homepage   Email The Scrumpmeister   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have only now seen this. May her memory be eternal.

I am truly saddened. Mary looked after me when I began exploring Orthodoxy, always being on hand to offer support and guidance, and stories of her own conversion experiences, not to mention some of the colourful beardy-weirdies that she encountered, with assurances that I would find the same. We kept in touch, on and off, and she was always incredibly kind and supportive. I only wish I could have done more for her.

Lord, have mercy.

--------------------
If Christ is not fully human, humankind is not fully saved. - St John of Saint-Denis

Posts: 14741 | From: Greater Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I seem to recall that "Leetle Masha" was the nickname given to her by one of the priests who taught her during her conversion to Orthodoxy. So just seeing her name always made me smile, thinking of the affection behind it.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I will certainly come close to cracking up laughing when we sing "Immortal, Invisible" to "St. Denio", remembering her excellent parody.

Give rest, O Christ, to your servant with your saints!

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Only just seen this (internet very intermittent right now). God Bless Leetle Masha [Votive]

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oh, dear. so sorry to hear this news. [Frown]

--------------------
The fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist.
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

- Posted      Profile for East Price Road   Email East Price Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] RIP

--------------------
"Fishes stop and ask me where I'm bound." (Incredible String Band)

Posts: 739 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016