homepage
  ship of fools rowers  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » Erin   » Funeral (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Funeral
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just heard from Jason Etheredge about the time and place of the funeral. He says...
quote:
The services will be this Friday at the All Souls Anglican Church, 4042 Hartley Road, Orange Park, Florida 32224. My dad is requesting anyone wanting to send flowers to make a donation to a charity of your choice. Can you please pass this on to everyone else on your website. I have received a lot of emails from posters and just don't have enough time to reply to everyone.
Here's the church website

And here's the location on Google maps

If anyone is thinking or planning on attending, can you please post here or PM me? Thanks.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
maleveque
Shipmate
# 132

- Posted      Profile for maleveque   Email maleveque   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wish I could go.
I will make a donation to the All Hallows Guild of the National Cathedral. I know that Erin was on the Altar Guild of her church.
And I will have a bar of Maya Gold in her memory.
- Anne L.

--------------------
Life isn't all fricasseed frogs and eel pie.

Posts: 1496 | From: Washington, DC or thereabouts | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wish I could go, too. I'll make a suitable donation - to the Ship.

[ 05. January 2011, 00:39: Message edited by: Rossweisse ]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Barring any difficulties, I will be there.
Probably crying my eyes out, but then, most of you know my fluffy bunniness.
Daughter-Unit will be with me, too.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, darn, Jedi.I want to go with you! I checked airfare prices and it was kind of off-putting, so JB and I will giving to the organ fund in memory.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
jj, I was thinking you were probably the closeest and hoping you might be able to be there. Thanks for being Ship's representative.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm at the wrong-ass end of the country to contemplate attending, especially with short notice. But the urge claws my insides into miserable shreds, for at least some kind of gesture to appease the tortured idea that I would certainly get to meet Erin some day.

Just imagine if, for whatever twist of reason, Erin had relented at least once in her strict avoidance of shipmeets. Who among us would not have immediately weighed the possibility, even those on far-flung reaches of the globe?

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep wishing for a Facebook-style "Like" button to use on these posts...

Yes, RooK, that would have been a trip worth making.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erin appreciated her privacy.

Why, I have no idea. She was, and is, loved by many.

I suggest we respect that desire.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Like RooK, I'm awfully far away. But the urge to drop everything and fly down is pretty powerful. Unlike my normal modus operendi I actually have money in the bank at the moment. It's quite spoken for; I have four years of pretty stunning abject poverty to clean up after. That and a pretty expensive medical care habit.

Still, I've checked airfare twice today. What keeps me from doing it is the righteous ass chewing I'd get from Erin if I did such a thing.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think Erin would be pleased if her passing generated a little financial boost for the Ship. If you don't have a charity of choice, then I think a donation to the Organ Fund would be very appropriate. It doesn't have to be much, but if a lot of us gave a little, it could make a big difference.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Presleyterian? I know she'd want to know.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll email her.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As the Ship was what Erin fought for so passionately, I agree that a donation to that cause would be most appropriate.
I'll make it snappy.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been thinking that too. Will get my cheque book out.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Traveller
Shipmate
# 1943

- Posted      Profile for Traveller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Barring any difficulties, I will be there.
Probably crying my eyes out, but then, most of you know my fluffy bunniness.
Daughter-Unit will be with me, too.

JJ, there are MW reports of the funerals of both Miss Molly and Gambit, whose passing have been much talked about in the last few hours. If you do manage to get to Erin's funeral, can you keep up the series so Shipmates who can't get there (but would have loved to) get a feel for the service?

--------------------
I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live:
I will praise my God while I have my being.
Psalm 104 v.33

Posts: 1037 | From: Wherever the car has stopped at the moment! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
As the Ship was what Erin fought for so passionately, I agree that a donation to that cause would be most appropriate.
I'll make it snappy.

Donation made - I note that if you donate by paypal you can send a message to the ship with the donation, which allows you to say that it is in memory of Erin.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I heard the news, I had just been making arrangements to attend the funeral of a close friend's mother, which is today. I never met the mother in question, and there's going to be quite a bit of cognitive dissonance for me in attending the funeral of someone I never knew almost simultaneously with the passing of someone I never met but felt I knew quite well.

A report would be really welcome, and I hope the Ship can be suitably represented.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

- Posted      Profile for TonyK   Email TonyK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My second reaction (after the 'Dear God, No!' bit) was to look at the fares to JAX. It would have been a literal flying visit - 48 hours or so there and back, but time wasn't a consideration. But the price was - in excess of £1200!!

A donation to the Organ Fund in her memory will follow in the near future.

jedijudy - if you do get there, and can manage it through the tears, a report on the service would be really welcomed! Perhaps keep a copy of the service sheet if there is one - someone on the Ship should be able to get a version online where we could all see it.

I'll check the time differences and try to spend some quiet time during the funeral itself... [Votive]

Yours aye ... TonyK

Posts: 2717 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:
Erin appreciated her privacy.

Why, I have no idea. She was, and is, loved by many.

I joined the ship about a year after the Hurricane Joanne episode. Shortly after I joined someone suggested to Erin that she post a picture of herself. She replied that Joanne lived not far from her; she was afraid to have Joanne know what she looked like. (I gather that Joanne had made death threats.)

I don't know whether she had any reasons for guarding her privacy besides a desire not to be harassed by people she had irritated.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have encouraged Simon to go to the funeral for all of us.

I remain astonished and humbled that such a flawed genius stumbled into our 'virtual' world all those years ago and... understood...

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Jedi is bringing her light sabre too.

I won't be able to have quiet time during the funeral, as I will be working at the school with my little non-readers. But when I finally get home, I will light a candle and say the Rosary, all the while praying for Erin.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Mariner:

I remain astonished and humbled that such a flawed genius stumbled into our 'virtual' world all those years ago and... understood...

I have just made an extra donation to Ship of Fools via paypal, I have sent the message "for Simon's airfare". That way he knows he can legitimately use it for that. If others do that as well, it means we are sending him as our representative in a tangible way.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What Jengie said, my order number ends 892.
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Will be donating as soon as he with the money is back. Air fare fund or ship fund, it's up to the Captain to decide.
Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jengie Jon:
quote:

I have just made an extra donation to Ship of Fools via paypal, I have sent the message "for Simon's airfare". That way he knows he can legitimately use it for that. If others do that as well, it means we are sending him as our representative in a tangible way.

Jengie

That's a great gesture, Jengie. Thanks to you and others who have done the same thing.

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I donated to the Erin Fund via credit card before reading this thread, but my order ends in 529, and Simon's airfare would be a good way to spend it if he so chooses.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
I'll email her.

I have Presleyterian's work number/email and will contact her as well.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've donated just now to the Erin Fund, and then separately to the Ship. The donation to the Ship is meant for Simon's airfare/expenses, but I was expecting it to give me a place to note that, and it didn't. So here's reporting what it's for. I didn't note down my order number, but my initials are S.P. (I think you guys can see my name on the donation side.) PM me if you need more info to identify it with.

[ETA: oh, wait, look, here's the confirming email. The Floating Fund reference number ends in 728.]

[ 05. January 2011, 14:32: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm contemplating attending the funeral. What airport are those of you who are going intending to fly into? It seems to me that Tallahassee is the closest.

Has anyone booked a hotel in Tallahassee or arranged for a car rental, and would be willing to take in old Miss Amanda?

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have just made a PayPal donation to offset Simon's airfare. I wish I could have given more.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
I'm contemplating attending the funeral.

I'm so glad the Arizona group will be represented. Please send my regards.
[Tear]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a look at fly.com, you can get a return ticket leaving tomorrow from Heathrow to Talihassie from about £400 - but the return flight is not till 20th Jan. If you try to go tomorrow and get a back on Friday or Saturday it looks like it would be cheaper to buy two return tickets than two single tickets. Comes out somewhere in region of £1500.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
I'll email her.

I have Presleyterian's work number/email and will contact her as well.
I've exchanged e-mails with her -- she knew, thanks to Mad Geo.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miss Amanda, JAX is the closest airport to the church. Here is a map.

There is a possibility that I could fetch you there. Do you have any flight times? (I'm starting to wonder if I should try to crash in Jax on Thursday, it would sure make things easier.)

I had hoped to look for my old Mystery Worship outline in order to make a report for the Ship! I'm glad that there are several of us on the same page.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

- Posted      Profile for ecumaniac   Author's homepage   Email ecumaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
I have just made a PayPal donation to offset Simon's airfare.

Me too. But with credit card. Order reference 2029328645

--------------------
it's a secret club for people with a knitting addiction, hiding under the cloak of BDSM - Catrine

Posts: 2901 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

JAX seems to make flights more sane here KLM do flight tomorrow morning returning monday for £400.

[ 05. January 2011, 17:05: Message edited by: Think² ]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm happy for my contribution to be put towards Simon's air fare.
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Think²:
I had a look at fly.com, you can get a return ticket leaving tomorrow from Heathrow to Talihassie from about £400 - but the return flight is not till 20th Jan. If you try to go tomorrow and get a back on Friday or Saturday it looks like it would be cheaper to buy two return tickets than two single tickets. Comes out somewhere in region of £1500.

Please don't do that. Most airlines will automatically cancel your return flight if you don't show up for the outward journey.

eta - please use my donation anyway you see fit

[ 05. January 2011, 17:36: Message edited by: Ags ]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Airfare Donation Reference is 1743079784.

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Miss Amanda, JAX is the closest airport to the church. . . . There is a possibility that I could fetch you there. Do you have any flight times? (I'm starting to wonder if I should try to crash in Jax on Thursday, it would sure make things easier.)

Yes, you're right. Flights from Phoenix are plentiful and reasonably priced. I think I'll book this afternoon.

Arriving Thursday evening makes much better sense, especially considering the time difference.

I see you've PMd me about this. Could you also PM me your phone number and we'll discuss the matter by phone?

I'll e-mail you the link to the MW reporting site.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am sorry (and Erin, please forgive me), but I've tried very hard today to make this fly, but I just won't be able to make it to the funeral on Friday, much as I would dearly love to be there. The main thing is the emotional cost of long and sudden travel, plus the funeral service, which I know would leave me shredded and exhausted for a few days, and I just have to be sharp for work commitments from the word go on Monday. So sadly this is not to be.

Thank you, everyone who so kindly offered to help with my air fare... how thoughtful and humbling is that? Thank you all *so* much. Your gifts made my decision much harder, and in fact turned it into a dilemma. But in the end I've had to decide against. A horrible decision to make.

If you've made a donation towards the air fare and would like it returned, please just PM me and I'll arrange a refund. It's very easy to do and absolutely fine to ask for since the need for the donations no longer exists. Thanks again.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Feel free to stick mine in the Erin fund - its OK Simon, you can only do what you can actually do.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No problem, Simon. My decision was similar. You have to care for yourself first. My donation is for the general Ship expenses.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

quote:
Originally posted by Think²:
Feel free to stick mine in the Erin fund - its OK Simon, you can only do what you can actually do.

Thanks, and I know... but I'll still be kicking myself tomorrow morning at the time when I should have been shooting down a runway.

Thanks too comet. I think in the end the money will be much better used in ongoing Ship projects.

--------------------
Eternal memory

ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

- Posted      Profile for ecumaniac   Author's homepage   Email ecumaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Look after yourself, Simon.

(And my donation can go to the Erin fund, or to help pay the Ship's electricity bill or whatever's needed)

--------------------
it's a secret club for people with a knitting addiction, hiding under the cloak of BDSM - Catrine

Posts: 2901 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Further to my PM, if it is easier, please just put airfare donation in the General Fund

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My airfare donation can go in the Floating Fund, no problem. Or in the Erin Fund, if TPTB prefer.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would be happy for my donation (ID 1743101201) to go towards defraying Judy's expenses in travelling and accommodation.

Otherwise, to the Erin fund.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
I know... but I'll still be kicking myself tomorrow morning at the time when I should have been shooting down a runway.

As my aunt would say, "Don't 'should' on yourself!"

Anyone who thinks you haven't made a realistic assessment of your resources, and the demands on you, can go rusty farm implement themselves.

Not being able to attend in person means that you have solidarity with the rest of this community who aren't able to attend, who must make do with board posts and private thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016