homepage
  ship of fools rowers  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » Erin   » Funeral (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Funeral
Viola
Administrator
# 20

- Posted      Profile for Viola   Email Viola   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If either of the others going to represent the ship could use any assistance for their travel or accommodation expenses, they're more than welcome to my donation. Otherwise, add it to the rest of the Erin fund.

Sorry you won't be able to get there Simon, but it was a heck of a journey to make at short notice just as people expect you to start working for your living again.

--------------------
"If ye love me, keep my commandments" John 14:15

"Commandment number one: shut the hell up." Erin Etheredge 1971-2010

Posts: 4345 | From: West of England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Simon, we all fully appreciate your reasons - it's not an easy journey to make at short notice and thank you for trying. Don't worry about refunding the money, it was given freely so use it as you see fit.
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please also use my donation to defray others' costs or for the Erin Fund.

[ 05. January 2011, 20:21: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is anyone going to arrange flowers or something from the Ship community?

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
Is anyone going to arrange flowers or something from the Ship community?

Auntie Doris x

I thought I read on one of these threads that we're asked to make donations to a charity of our choice instead? Can't find the post at the mo though, sorry.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, donations to charity instead of flowers are requested, in the OP of this thread.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
First post of this very thread.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On my way to the funeral tomorrow. Thank you Lord for the air-miles and hotel and car discounts. Will be with JediJudy and AmandaBReckondwythe.

(nothing like last minute decisions) [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

- Posted      Profile for Viola   Email Viola   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's great MB - As one of the 'originals' and a founder member of the BCB (I used to love reading what you'd all been up to overnight), you'll be another great ambassador for the ship along with Judy & Miss Amanda.

--------------------

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Always intended to say that the money should either be used for the Ship or the Erin fund if not used for travelling.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Simon, I'm so sorry that you can't make it to Erin's funeral. I know that had to be a gut-wrenching decision, but it is certainly a logical one. We do not want you to get sick or exhausted. (Please stay healthy.)

It will be wonderful seeing Motherboard again, and meeting Miss Amanda for the first time. And we will have every other Shipmate with us in our hearts and thoughts.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Louise
Shipmate
# 30

- Posted      Profile for Louise   Email Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please apply my donation to whoever's travel expenses or Erin fund as needed!
cheers,
L

--------------------
Now you need never click a Daily Mail link again! Kittenblock replaces Mail links with calming pics of tea and kittens! http://www.teaandkittens.co.uk/ Click under 'other stuff' to find it.

Posts: 6918 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
MB: glad you found a way to get there since we spoke today. Godspeed and bring back a *most detailed* Mystery Worshipper report. I expect reports on the building, the liturgy, the speakers, and the music. Get JJ to help you with the latter.

BTW: is what we spoke of today the sort of thing I can tell others?

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tomb:
Godspeed and bring back a *most detailed* Mystery Worshipper report. I expect reports on the building, the liturgy, the speakers, and the music.

All four of us will collaborate on the report.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
9-hour trip; 600 miles.

What time is the service? Any visitation/wake/viewing, anything like that, before the service?

I'm plotting. It might be do-able.

I always swore I'd keep an ear to the ground in case Erin ever slipped and said she'd attend a meet within my reach. Florida's not all that far away.

Oh, Lord.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If possible, can any of you take a picture of a picture? I'd love to see her face

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We'll do our best within the bounds of respecting the dignity of the occasion and the privacy of her family.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I will be attending another funeral on Friday - that of a retired priest who was a good friend - and so my prayers and grief will be for two lost friends at once.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Airfare for me is not bad at all, given no advance reservation. I'd need to rent if I drive it, and that looks really, really affordable. Toss in a hotel for the night, unless I want to just drive without enough sleep. Naaah, hotel is necessary...

A couple meals... fuel... It looks more and more possible; will work on it and decide soon.

--------------------

Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm amazed that Simon would even contemplate a weekend trip across the Atlantic - it shows the esteem in which Erin was held and, I am sure, the strength of his friendship with her that Simon considered it possible. The 'local' contingent (if anywhere between New York and Arizona can be considered local to Florida!) will provide a good Ship presence for the rest of us.

On that basis, will people be marking the time of the funeral? 1100 in Florida is, I think, 1600 GMT/UTC and 1700 CET - for our Australasian Shipmates it could be anywhere between 0000 and 0500 Saturday morning? Unfortunately, I'll be driving at 1600 Friday but will take the first opportunity for a quiet prayer.

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
If you've made a donation towards the air fare and would like it returned, please just PM me and I'll arrange a refund. It's very easy to do and absolutely fine to ask for since the need for the donations no longer exists. Thanks again.

No way I want it back -- keep it for Her fund.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

Sometimes things just, against all odds, work out.

My work at the clinic is covered. I've got PTO and vacation time if I want to use it for missing time today and tomorrow. The car rental will be taken care of in a few minutes (grateful for my little-credit-that-could card).

The FG will never come with me to Shipmeets, but this, he'll join me for.

Lord agreeing, we'll be in JAX late tonight, hopefully to stay at the same hotel at the others, and we'll be at the funeral in the morning.

I only wish it were a Meet including Erin, not about her. [Frown]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

That's fabulous, Janine! [Axe murder]

[Votive]

--------------------

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hope you squeeze in a little time for a birthday drink for yourself (after the driving!)

It's great that you can go.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Janine:
Sometimes things just, against all odds, work out.

My work at the clinic is covered. I've got PTO and vacation time if I want to use it for missing time today and tomorrow. The car rental will be taken care of in a few minutes (grateful for my little-credit-that-could card).

The FG will never come with me to Shipmeets, but this, he'll join me for.

Lord agreeing, we'll be in JAX late tonight, hopefully to stay at the same hotel at the others, and we'll be at the funeral in the morning.

I only wish it were a Meet including Erin, not about her. [Frown]

Janine, I'm so glad that you can go and be with the others. You all be sure to take good care of each other while you're there. It'll be intense.

[ 06. January 2011, 19:32: Message edited by: marmot ]

Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Janine, that's great. It's good to know that the Ship is being represented by a few who can support one another too. [Axe murder]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Janine, so pleased to hear you'll be there with the others. Thanks for going the extra miles. Traveling mercies.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So I'm in Daytona Beach getting a new tire. There's always something, isn't there? I'm glad we didn't wait until tomorrow to travel.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Janine, it's fantastic that you can go (and the FG too - wow!) - I'm so glad.

jedijudy, wise of you to drive Thursday and not Friday - sorry about the tire but grateful you can mend or replace it.

Travel mercies on all of you making the journey to pay Ship's respects to Erin as she makes her journey -- *blessings*

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
maleveque
Shipmate
# 132

- Posted      Profile for maleveque   Email maleveque   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ebeth and I are planning a DC-area wake for Friday evening. Should I post details here or in AS?
- Anne L.

--------------------
Life isn't all fricasseed frogs and eel pie.

Posts: 1496 | From: Washington, DC or thereabouts | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
We'll do our best within the bounds of respecting the dignity of the occasion and the privacy of her family.

Thank you and a bunch of \0/s to those who will be representing The Ship at Erin's funeral. I wish you safe travels and a surprisingly small repair bill for jedijudy.

Would it be undignified to carry something small that indicates that each of you represents around 4000 (or 3000 if FG wants to be in on it) mourners of diverse faiths from around the world? OliviaG

Posts: 5430 | From: Caprica City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

The good news is, the new tire price wasn't horrible! [Smile] The other good news is, the tire didn't explode, or cause the car to go out of control.

Many thanks to everyone for the traveling prayers. They were very effective!

Motherboard, Miss Amanda, Daughter-Unit and I had a wonderful time visiting over a meal, sharing stories and good memories.

[ETA necessary word]

[ 07. January 2011, 02:19: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God bless you, Judy!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's Friday January 7, and the last day of Christmas. My orthodoxen friends will be celebrating Christmas today.

It feels good that Erin is being farewelled from this earthly life on a day when the oldest tribe of Christians is celebrating the birth of her Saviour. Dunno why, but it just seems...right.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry I won't be able to join those attending tomorrow - I'm on the right coast but the wrong end of it. I'll be thinking of you all throughout the day.

quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
the church website

Eee, pseudo-Rwandans! Erin never struck me as the type: one last joke from beyond the grave?
Posts: 6806 | From: Tio'tia:ke | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
tomb
Shipmate
# 174

- Posted      Profile for tomb   Author's homepage   Email tomb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
The good news is, the new tire price wasn't horrible! [Smile] The other good news is, the tire didn't explode, or cause the car to go out of control.

Many thanks to everyone for the traveling prayers. They were very effective!

Motherboard, Miss Amanda, Daughter-Unit and I had a wonderful time visiting over a meal, sharing stories and good memories.

[ETA necessary word]

I am so glad you guys are together and will be attending the memorial service.

If it's anything like Miss Molly's funeral that Marmot & I attended, you will actually be conscious of the Shipmates who couldn't attend but are there most powerfully in spirit.

An unexpected death is a bitter thing. However, I have absolutely no doubt that Erin will arrive at that great Ship in the Sky and immediately begin working to set it to rights. Lazy angels will be put to work arranging the deck chairs properly, and the rest of the Host of Angels will be instructed in the proper way to praise God.

Those of us who paddle and bail in the leaky scows below will take hope and comfort that our heavenly reward with be shipshape and Bristol fashion when we finally arrive, thanks to Erin.

Posts: 5039 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our Erin.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
you will actually be conscious of the Shipmates who couldn't attend but are there most powerfully in spirit.
That is a very powerful feeling too. Downunder, we held an Australia/NZ service over the net the night before the ordination of Mad Tea Woman and Nunc. This was obviously not an ordination but prayers and songs which we each read on our own computers.

I found it extremely moving and it made me weep. I could feel the prayers of the others as I said them myself.

Next day we all reported similar experiences.

So be prepared for the solidarity we will express in spirit while you are there. Thank you all for being there for all of us.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maleveque:
ebeth and I are planning a DC-area wake for Friday evening. Should I post details here or in AS?
- Anne L.

Anne L

either will do.

Cafe wake is on here but other meets in All Saints.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jengie Jon:
quote:
Originally posted by maleveque:
- Anne L.

Anne L

either will do.

Cafe wake is on here but other meets in All Saints.

Jengie

All Saints is the best place. It's where most people will look for meets.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Campbellite and I will have a mini-meet in Roanoke today to remember Erin.

We plan to meet at eleven.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
Campbellite and I will have a mini-meet in Roanoke today to remember Erin.

We plan to meet at eleven.

Moo

Unfortunately for those of us in Eastern Australia, the funeral is at 3:00 am.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tomb:
MB: glad you found a way to get there since we spoke today. Godspeed and bring back a *most detailed* Mystery Worshipper report. I expect reports on the building, the liturgy, the speakers, and the music. Get JJ to help you with the latter.

BTW: is what we spoke of today the sort of thing I can tell others?

Post away, Tomb!
[Biased]

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So glad people can make it there, I hope her family and friends realise how many of us would have loved to be there if we could.

(I would have been the one at the back trying frantically to quieten a 2 year old while juggling a hefty baby.)

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

We are in the church.
Sitting left to right:
Motherboard, FG, Janine, Miss Amanda, me, Daughter-Unit. [Votive]

You are with us in our hearts.

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Surprise! Preslyterian is here!
She walked up to me when the service ended!

[ 07. January 2011, 16:33: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Say hi to her for me!
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Surprise! Preslyterian is here!
She walked up to me when the service ended!

How fantastic!

Tell us all about the whole thing when you can.

You were all (well - all the ones we knew about) remembered and appreciated in the Ship Cafe wake.

--------------------

Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Magnificent Seven. Thanks all of you for making the journey. Looking forward to hearing about the service.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016