homepage
  ship of fools rowers  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » Erin   » Wake in the Cafe (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Wake in the Cafe
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm about to be offline for a couple of hours but will join you all in spirit.
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, that was amazing. I don't know how many of us were there, but there were so many we managed to crash the cafe at one point. It really was quite something to be united in prayer with people from all over the world.

Go forth on your journey from this world Erin. May God keep you safe.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That was really something. I counted 57 people in the cafe as the most at any one time, but there were folk coming in and leaving all over the place so the total number of those who were there for some of it must be far higher.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you all, especially those who led prayers and hymns.

[Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just leaving work - see you in about half an hour. (I am assuming that some people will be staying a little longer.)

[ 07. January 2011, 16:13: Message edited by: Think² ]

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May the Ship be with you.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

- Posted      Profile for Alicïa   Email Alicïa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
thanks all. [Votive]

Was a fitting send off I thought.

Was lovely to be able to pay my respects along with you all and thanks for those who led prayers and hymns.

[Votive] RIP Erin

[ 07. January 2011, 16:14: Message edited by: Alicïa ]

Posts: 884 | From: Where the Art is. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
ecumaniac

Ship's whipping girl
# 376

- Posted      Profile for ecumaniac   Author's homepage   Email ecumaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Checking in now

--------------------
it's a secret club for people with a knitting addiction, hiding under the cloak of BDSM - Catrine

Posts: 2901 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ophelia's Opera Therapist
Shipmate
# 4081

- Posted      Profile for Ophelia's Opera Therapist   Author's homepage   Email Ophelia's Opera Therapist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good to be part of at least 55 of us. Thanks for the tech support about half way through - a big wave threw many/all of us overboard. Someone blamed a 'gator tail.

[Votive]

OOT

--------------------
Though the bleak sky is burdened I'll pray anyway,
And though irony's drained me I'll now try sincere,
And whoever it was that brought me here
Will have to take me home.
Martyn Joseph

Posts: 979 | From: Birmingham, UK | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know it's for a tragic occasion, but this kind of thing brings out all the best in the Ship. Echoing virtual hymns, serious prayers and votives interspersed with ribald comments and backchat in delightful unrestful chaos with a purpose - and above all, the firm hope of resurrection from the dead to a better place.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Was good to be part of it, in a virtual way.
Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Very good. First time I'd been. All sorts of technical hitches (mostly down to me) didn't get in the way. Many thanks to all. Virtual singing has a lot going for it.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TubaMirum
Shipmate
# 8282

- Posted      Profile for TubaMirum     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just a quick question: should my board login have worked? I tried to get in but could not - perhaps it was at the point when others were having trouble, though, too.

But I'm glad it was good....

Posts: 4719 | From: Right Coast USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lesedi
Shipmate
# 5234

- Posted      Profile for Lesedi   Email Lesedi   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's the first time I've participated in something like this and it was quite wonderful. As a retired UM pastor, I kept thinking about where we would be in our litury at any given point. Especially appreciated praying the Lord's Prayer together and the singing.
Grace and peace to all who remember Erin this day.

Cherie

--------------------
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. Homer Simpson

Posts: 118 | From: slogging in a vineyard | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That was the best hour I've ever spent online. And the saddest.

[Votive]

Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks to everyone who attended, and everyone who tried to attend, and to Pease who helped us all get back on board (I got dunked twice!). It was a very special time, and I do feel just a teensie bit better. OliviaG

--------------------
"You come with me to room 1013 over at the hospital, I'll show you America. Terminal, crazy and mean." -- Tony Kushner, "Angels in America"

Posts: 5430 | From: Caprica City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That was a lovely service in the cafe. So good to see so many Shipmates in the cafe, and I count myself lucky that my PC cooperated (for the most part) so I could join in.

May the memory of Erin be eternal. [Votive]

[ 07. January 2011, 16:34: Message edited by: MrSponge2U ]

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone still in here has said we should have mystery worshipped that. I rolled in part way through, but I have the prayers I was putting up - they were the bits I lost it at when on the sound desk this afternoon for a real life funeral for someone I knew.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was wonderful. So good to be able to spend that time with shipmates.

Thank you, pease!

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nenuphar
Shipmate
# 16057

- Posted      Profile for Nenuphar   Email Nenuphar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was a very moving service. Thank you to all those who made it possible.
Posts: 161 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There are still 20 or so people in the cafe wake.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Missed the service, but managed to spend about 30 minutes there on a lunch break. A bit dizzying for a first-timer, but I'm sure I'll go back when it's slower. It was lovely to see how many were there, and I trust my silence was not interpreted as disinterest.

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That was special. I had TV on to hypnotise the kids and was shovelling food into Malino (7 months) while crying and feeling part of a fantastic online world.

Hit the water hard and took a while to get back onboard again, and then everyone's avatars had gone so mystery voices only.

A chorus of global posts of hope, love and humour.

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, thank you for that ... so moving. Was glad to have been able to make it after all ...

A

Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks to everyone who was there... it was the best service I've been in (online or offline) since the closing service in Church of Fools. Thanks especially to everyone who came with prayers and bits of liturgy to post, but really, it was all pretty wonderful, including the jokes and asides. We're hoping to get the transcript of the vigil/wake from the server, and a tally of how many people in total logged in over the hour.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
Someone still in here has said we should have mystery worshipped that. I rolled in part way through, but I have the prayers I was putting up - they were the bits I lost it at when on the sound desk this afternoon for a real life funeral for someone I knew.

I think Nicolemrw read Kaddish. There were LOTS of readings. Hymns & music:
The Lord is My Shepherd
Thine is the Glory
Abide With Me
You'll Never Walk Alone (Carousel)
Guide me, o thou Great Jehovah
The cafe was evacuated a few times, but we carried on! OliviaG

--------------------
"You come with me to room 1013 over at the hospital, I'll show you America. Terminal, crazy and mean." -- Tony Kushner, "Angels in America"

Posts: 5430 | From: Caprica City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, that was the Mourners Kaddish. Sorry it took so long, I had to type it out by hand, so there may be typos too. But it seemed appropriate.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
We're hoping to get the transcript of the vigil/wake from the server, and a tally of how many people in total logged in over the hour.

I couldn't make it. But look forward to seeing the transcript.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Thanks to everyone who was there... it was the best service I've been in (online or offline) since the closing service in Church of Fools.

Yes, it was good it seemed very much like the Church of Fools again.
Although people had to describe what they were doing as it was held in the dark.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Well, that was amazing. I don't know how many of us were there, but there were so many we managed to crash the cafe at one point.

There were 53 on just before it crashed. There were more than that who took part because some people had already had to leave by then.

__Autenrieth (just call me Count) Road

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had the menu showing the numbers in the rooms up - there were 49-57 for all of the second part after the crash - it varied as people came and went.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My meeting was postponed so I was able to be there, for which I'm very grateful. I was participating in Quaker silence listening to the gifts others were able to offer, (whilst waiting for a software upgrade in the background), and it felt good to be there with you all, seated between Simon and Louise and Smudgie. Very comforting.

[ 07. January 2011, 18:09: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Apologies for absence ... bloody round earth. A retrospective candle with y'all, though. [Votive]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Likewise. I was asleep. But now, early morning, I am thinking of you all.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matrix
Shipmate
# 3452

- Posted      Profile for Matrix     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If the transcript isn't available I can supply the text for the prayers I used if anyone thought that would be helpful.

It was an honour to be a part of it, and to spend time with old acquaintances.

Grace and peace
M

--------------------
Maybe that's all a family really is; a group of people who miss the same imaginary place. - Garden State

Posts: 3847 | From: The courts of the King | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There was a problem with Java on my computer, so I couldn't be there. I'm glad to hear it went well and was well-attended.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My computer's having problems too. I would love a transcript.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So would I- like a transcript, that is. I am so sorry to have missed it. I wish I could have been with you all

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was at the wake for Miss Molly, and I was there today for Erin's.

In each case, I think there has been a sense that the people who can get there represent the thoughts and prayers and intentions of everyone who can't be - in the same way that those who physically attended the funeral embodied the presence of everyone who was there 'in spirit'.

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mother Julian

Ship's librarian
# 11978

- Posted      Profile for Mother Julian   Author's homepage   Email Mother Julian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Had to be at work at the time of the funeral, but popped in the Cafe from 11pm to midnight GMT. Only my second visit to the cafe - the first about 3 years ago ...

Only read this thread after visiting the cafe, or I would have been drinking something other than gin.

--------------------
The corn was orient and immortal wheat which never should be reaped, nor was ever sown.

Posts: 359 | From: the banks of the mighty River Mersey | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
quote:
Thanks to everyone who was there... it was the best service I've been in (online or offline) since the closing service in Church of Fools.

Yes, it was good it seemed very much like the Church of Fools again. [...]
Yep. CoF being why I joined back in 2004. And the spirit (the Spirit) is alive.

Very very moving. Thank you all. Thank you, Eutychus and Spike for leading (as far as I could see) - though I had to leave early on. Thank you.

[ 08. January 2011, 01:01: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No credit due here. I just remembered the Church of Fools form of joining in hymns and prayers in whichever language seemed most natural, and saying "amen" at the appropriate points. I think Spike was mostly responsible for the led prayers and OliviaG chose the right hymns - but it was a truly corporate effort.

As far as I can remember, that 'form' emerged pretty much spontaneously in the earliest days of CoF, I recall being struck with how well it worked then in terms of getting the spirit of community across. As Simon has said on another thread, 'belting out' Guide me, o Thou great Jehovah [Waterworks]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wish I'd been there but my PC wouldn't let me into the Cafe (it never does - and normally that's fine, but yesterday it wasn't). Spent an hour feeling very sad and lonely, and wishing I could have been with rest of you for comfort. If a transcript is avaialble I would very much like one.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
frin

Drinking coffee for Jesus
# 9

- Posted      Profile for frin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At the wake I shared a bit from Lamentations 4.3: 'even the crocodile cares for her young'.

Someone asked if it was really there in the Bible. And, yes, it kind of is. The half line of poetry is an image of an animal caring for its young, and the animal is either a jackal (if you wrestle hard with the Hebrew) or a sea monster. And sea monsters in the ancient near east are quite often crocodiles.

Erin looked after us, collectively and sometimes individually. This will be what I remember.

'frin

[ 10. January 2011, 13:25: Message edited by: frin ]

--------------------
"Even the crocodile looks after her young" - Lamentations 4, remembering Erin.

Posts: 4496 | From: a library | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was lovely to talk to shipmates in the Cafe after I came from the funeral. I was very touched by what you all said and told me about the ship service.

Erin would be so proud. Her family and other friends (did you think we were the only ones?) [Roll Eyes] had no clue about the Ship and the people all over the world that knew and communicated with Erin.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pease has been able to construct a transcript of the second half of the Cafe service... find it here.

Unfortunately, the Cafe logs get wiped after a restart, which is why we only have the second half, after the capsize. But still, this is a good record of what happened then.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matrix
Shipmate
# 3452

- Posted      Profile for Matrix     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Simon

--------------------
Maybe that's all a family really is; a group of people who miss the same imaginary place. - Garden State

Posts: 3847 | From: The courts of the King | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Simon + Pease, that transcript is wonderful. I'm sorry to have missed the service, but I got a real sense of the atmosphere from reading through that.

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for posting that. Reading through, the tears came back all over again.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Simon. A good record of the event.

And, of course, a chance to re-read all the bits I missed while I was typing!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016