homepage
  ship of fools rowers  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home

This thread has been moved to Glory.    
 - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » Erin   » Erin: Jason breaks the news (Page 7)

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Erin: Jason breaks the news
Caz...
Shipmate
# 3026

- Posted      Profile for Caz...   Email Caz...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I haven’t been here in nearly 3 years I don’t think, and I haven’t been here regularly in more like 5 or 6. It's just taken me ages to work out what my login used to be!

I never knew Erin personally, but she always made me smile.

Jason, the reason I’m posting is this: last night, before I knew any of this, I had a dream about Erin. In it she and I shared a bar of Maya Gold chocolate. I woke up this morning feeling like it was a significant dream, but didn’t really have time to dwell on it. In my dream she was relaxed; happy; at peace. Not at all the Alligator she often had to be here!

Then a few hours later someone emailed me to tell me to check the Ship and I just knew, instantly, what the news would be. I had no idea about her health problems, and like I say, I’ve not been around here in a long time. I don’t know why I dreamt what I did. But I’ve pondered it quite a bit today and here’s what I think it means: that she’s through the other side, and it’s full of good things.

I realise you don’t know me from Adam and all that might make me sound quite odd! But I hope that it is of some comfort to you, and I wish you and your family comfort in the coming days, weeks, months and years.

God bless.

[Votive]

--------------------
"What have you been reading? The Gospel according to St. Bastard?" - Eddie Izzard

Posts: 1888 | From: here to there | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Funny the effect loss has on us. As I was looking through the gallery, I saw so many posts by the inimitable KenWrtiz, it made me want to find his pic too. Then I looked for Gambit, and Miss Molly - alas they are not there. I have been around SoF for half its life, but never got to appreciate Gambit & Molly as I appreciated Ken & Erin (ie: firsthand - which is actually a strange thing to say when I never met either of them in person).

But it made me realize that in six years I have never bothered to post a pic of myself, and that if I shuffled off my mortal coil tomorrow, I would like others to know there was a very real person behind all the words I jettisoned into cyberspace. So I have amended that oversight, and I hope others will too.

It's probably too late to ask for pics of Gambit & Molly. Others here may have better suggestions, but FWIW, that's mine.

And Caz...beautiful post, thank you.

[ 04. January 2011, 21:06: Message edited by: Banner Lady ]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Landlubber
Shipmate
# 11055

- Posted      Profile for Landlubber   Email Landlubber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all who mourn

--------------------
They that go down to the sea in ships … reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man

Posts: 383 | From: On dry land | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All afternoon I've kept expecting to see her avatar pop up and have her post that we don't need to know everything that's going on but that she's on top of it and it's going to be ok.

This just really sucks big time.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hooker's Trick

Admin Emeritus and Guardian of the Gin
# 89

- Posted      Profile for Hooker's Trick   Author's homepage   Email Hooker's Trick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Erin once asked me to marry her on one of the public boards. I still regard that as my personal zenith of 10 years on the Ship.
Posts: 6735 | From: Gin Lane | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
koshatnik
Shipmate
# 11938

- Posted      Profile for koshatnik   Email koshatnik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What terrible news. She was a force of nature and one of the Ship's great servants. Prayers and condolences for all who knew her.
Posts: 467 | From: top of the pops to drawing the dole | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Caz...:
last night, before I knew any of this, I had a dream about Erin. In it she and I shared a bar of Maya Gold chocolate. I woke up this morning feeling like it was a significant dream, but didn’t really have time to dwell on it. In my dream she was relaxed; happy; at peace.

Caz, have you seen Erin's last extant post outside Oblivion?

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Edward Green
Review Editor
# 46

- Posted      Profile for Edward Green   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
blog//twitter//
linkedin

Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So this is what it feels like to be pleasured with a rusty farm implement.

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by malik3000:
Rest in peace, Erin. When i think of you i'll always remember the smiling alligator. (I'm assuming alligator and not crocodile since she was from Florida.)

Florida has both. There was a running joke about her exact reptilian nature many years ago. I think it started when someone called her a crocodile.

Erin's teeth marks on the forming of this community are both evident and invisible. This could have been another site filled with like-minded individuals. Instead, she formed it into a place that is challenging, gritty, joyous, rough and tumble, uplifting, and altogether unique.

ITTWACW indeed.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jigsaw
Shipmate
# 11433

- Posted      Profile for Jigsaw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jason, I'm so sorry for your loss. You can see how much she meant to all of us.

--------------------
You are not alone in this.

Posts: 743 | From: Snorbens, UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Honest Ron Bacardi
Shipmate
# 38

- Posted      Profile for Honest Ron Bacardi   Email Honest Ron Bacardi   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Others have already been more eloquent than I could be. But very sad, and shocking news. Erin was unique, and this community itself is witness to her hard work over many years.

R.I.P.

--------------------
Anglo-Cthulhic

Posts: 4857 | From: the corridors of Pah! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
Wow, this just sucks.
[Votive]

We'll miss you croc

Mx

Don't think she can't zap you from Heaven for calling her a croc....

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How terribly sad. [Votive] May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No words. [Votive]

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fuuuuuuuuuck

[Votive]

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
Wow, this just sucks.
[Votive]

We'll miss you croc

Mx

Don't think she can't zap you from Heaven for calling her a croc....
Heh. I keep expecting her to turn up and make it very clear to Jason just how much she doesn't like people borrowing someone else's account. [Tear]

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That was one of my thoughts when I started reading the Thread, Gumby .

[Tear]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
and mine

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
matthew_dixon
Shipmate
# 12278

- Posted      Profile for matthew_dixon   Author's homepage   Email matthew_dixon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Without people like Erin, places like this simply couldn't exist. I might not have encountered her on here much, but it still came as a shock finding out through open intercessions in a service that she had died!

[Votive] to the family, and to all who knew her better than I did. (I don't think we've quite got so many candles lit in this thread to risk burning down the ship)

Posts: 321 | From: Cardiff | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
That was one of my thoughts when I started reading the Thread, Gumby .

[Tear]

I think that's the case for many of us. Part of me is still hoping it's all a sick prank.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear lord. No.
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by matthew_dixon:
Without people like Erin, places like this simply couldn't exist. I might not have encountered her on here much, but it still came as a shock finding out through open intercessions in a service that she had died!

really? In Cardiff? Wow.
quote:

[Votive] to the family, and to all who knew her better than I did. (I don't think we've quite got so many candles lit in this thread to risk burning down the ship)

it's all the tears that offset the risk.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We shared a love of all things Buffy

But I don't understand! I don't understand how this all happens. How we go through this. I knew her, and then she's -- there's just a body, and I don't understand why she just can't get back in it and not be dead anymore! It's stupid! It's mortal and stupid! - Anya

[Votive]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No just no.

I just can't think of anything trenchant enough to honour her memory.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Having got fed up with the thoroughly mimsy Christians in the media (largely, it seems, the rentaquote brigade), the utter difference in he attitude on board the Ship was one of things that appealed to me here, and Erin - preferably at her most acerbic - was the antithesis of what I hated. With time I realised just how much she had to do with how the Ship ended up... well, as the Ship.

If there is any justice, she is waiting right now for Stephen Green, rusty farm implement at the ready.

Rossweisse said what I wanted to, except I didn't realise until I read it that I'd wanted to say it.
quote:
I rejoice that she is now free of pain, and in God's nearer presence - but I sure wish she could have put it off a little longer.
And she was my age... Why? Why?

Bless you. great 'gator, and bless your friends and family.

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is horrible news. My condolences to Jason & all of Erin's family and to everyone here, everyone who loved her. May light perpetual shine upon her.

quote:
Originally posted by Leaf:
What will she do in heaven? There's no bullshit to cut through there.

Incoming prayers, perhaps? [Two face]

Question is, what the hell are we going to do?

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raspberry Rabbit

Will preach for food
# 3080

- Posted      Profile for Raspberry Rabbit   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We had a number of very funny exchanges years ago. I haven't been around for a while. Feel really crap when young people die. Is there an obit online somewhere?

RR

Posts: 2215 | From: In the middle of France | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

I'm not sure I can...

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Geo:
Shocked beyond words.

Sympathies to friends and family.

Reading this thread is a little like seeing all your old friends and family you haven't seen in a long time because you were away and are now drawn together because of.....this. Ugggh.

So sad.

Just so. I got swept away by all sorts of things, and then ... this news. So I'm afraid everyone's stuck with some of us again. We are drawn in the Spirit's tether by our sister Erin.

[Frown]

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rex Monday

None but a blockhead
# 2569

- Posted      Profile for Rex Monday   Email Rex Monday   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What everyone said. I didn't have much direct contact with Erin, but that is entirely beside the point. She inspired me to the sin of schadenfreude - there may be no joy in heaven as that when one sinner repents, but seeing those jaws clamp on the privy parts of the insufferable, the idiotic and the irksome is as good as it gets down here.

There is nowhere online or off like the Ship, and it is bound in pure gatorskin. If one is driven to despair by the manifold madness of Christianity in all its human foolishness, and one is, oh Lord, one is, then this place is a glorious reminder that while feckless nonsense is optional, so is putting up with it.

Erin, I shall miss you, more than is seemly.

LECTOR, SI MONUMENTUM REQUIRIS, CIRCUMSPICE

R

--------------------
I am largely against organised religion, which is why I am so fond of the C of E.

Posts: 514 | From: Gin Lane | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jason, I pray that you and your family will be comforted by the knowledge that she meant so much to all of us on the Ship. God bless you.

[ 04. January 2011, 23:44: Message edited by: The Weeder ]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
Heh. I keep expecting her to turn up and make it very clear to Jason just how much she doesn't like people borrowing someone else's account. [Tear]

quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
I think that's the case for many of us. Part of me is still hoping it's all a sick prank.

Same here.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amorya

Ship's tame galoot
# 2652

- Posted      Profile for Amorya   Email Amorya   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll miss her.

Not sure I've used this smiley before but I think I need to now: [Votive]

Posts: 2383 | From: Coventry | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
So I'm afraid everyone's stuck with some of us again.

Even such horribly black clouds have silver linings, it seems. [Tear]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
ByHisBlood
Shipmate
# 16018

- Posted      Profile for ByHisBlood   Email ByHisBlood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jason,

I sadly never knew Erin but the tributes to her here must be a great blessing to you and her friends and the rest of the family, may the Lord grant you the peace that only He can give.

"Throw the whole of your anxiety upon Him, because He Himself cares for you"

--------------------
"Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him" - Romans 5:9

Dogwalker
Shipmate
# 14135

- Posted      Profile for Dogwalker   Email Dogwalker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There's nothing I can add to what others have said. I've never had an interaction with Erin.

Even so, I've felt like there was a rock in my stomach all day.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
If God had meant for us to fly, he wouldn't have given us the railways. - Unknown

Posts: 155 | From: Milford, MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
SHIT

My faith is different because of her influence on this board. Better, and different.

CRAP

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
molopata

The Ship's jack
# 9933

- Posted      Profile for molopata     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Erin has been absolutely formative to SoF - one of the very best sites on the internet. My sincere condolences to her family. May God rest her soul.
[Votive]
Hell will never be quite the same without her.

Posts: 1718 | From: the abode of my w@ndering mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Forgive me if this has been suggested already, but Erin's gator icon MUST be retired.

--------------------
The Society of St. Pius *
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Posts: 4161 | From: Choral Evensong | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Very sorry to hear this.
We who love this place owe her a great deal.
[Votive]

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
QuietMBR
Shipmate
# 8845

- Posted      Profile for QuietMBR   Email QuietMBR   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Shit.
[Waterworks]

--------------------
"My Jesus would never be accepted in my church...the blood and dirt on His feet might stain the carpets." Todd Agnew

Posts: 298 | From: Middle Atlantic, USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by St. Punk the Pious:
Forgive me if this has been suggested already, but Erin's gator icon MUST be retired.

Who would dare use it? [Eek!]

Well, maybe totally green newbies, I guess.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
quote:

Who would dare use it?
I used a modified version of her avatar once, when I thought she was away on vacation. It did not go well for me.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When I was watching late night news last night (World News Now, I think), I found myself waiting for them to announce her passing.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh my Gawd......the troll being eaten by the crocodile avatar.

[Tear]

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lady A

Narnian Lady
# 3126

- Posted      Profile for Lady A   Author's homepage   Email Lady A   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Like most of us, I came onto the Ship and saw the monotones and immediately knew someone special to us all was gone. When I first came on the Ship, someone started to stalk me and Erin was there, all teeth and ferociousness, and from that moment, I never feared posting here because I knew I had a gator at my back. I was probably too much of a fluffy bunny, but she knew it and threw her tough skinned self to protect me and I will never forget it.

[Votive] Thank you Erin. Comfort to her family and those who grieve her leaving of this life.

Posts: 2545 | From: The Lion's Mane, Narnia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
quote:

Who would dare use it?
I used a modified version of her avatar once, when I thought she was away on vacation. It did not go well for me.
Shoulda guessed. On both counts. [Tear]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mechtilde
Shipmate
# 12563

- Posted      Profile for Mechtilde   Email Mechtilde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Erin and I never crossed swords or even paths, but I still feel like I've had a kick in the gut. I lurked here for years before I registered, and the Ship is pretty much the only online forum I've ever taken an interest in. I was struck from the first by how authentic people here were, how free they were to be honest. At the same time, things didn't just fly out of control; there seemed to be a guiding wisdom behind it.

I now understand how much Erin had to do with all of that. And I can only add my "God have mercy" -- the prayer for when there are no words.

--------------------
"Once one has seen God, what is the remedy?"
Sylvia Plath, "Mystic"

Posts: 517 | From: The cloud of unknowing | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Dave W.
Shipmate
# 8765

- Posted      Profile for Dave W.   Email Dave W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry to hear the sad news - my condolences to you and your family, Jason.
Posts: 2059 | From: the hub of the solar system | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016