homepage
  click here for gadget for god  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Rusted Farm Implement   » Who has it easier, asshats or Orthodox?

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Who has it easier, asshats or Orthodox?
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd say there's a bunch of both on the ship; perhaps we could do some quick data collection. Start with people who think stupid and misogynist things about rape. People who ask questions like the title of this thread.

Of course teasing apart which is which could be difficult. I'm sure I'm at least one of those, but I couldn't swear which.

[ 09. May 2011, 14:58: Message edited by: mousethief ]

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You have to be the latter. I would never tolerate you on my head.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
New category for you, mousethief. Using a phrase invented in my local church, I reckon you're a weirdie-beardie-man.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barnabas62:
New category for you, mousethief. Using a phrase invented in my local church, I reckon you're a weirdie-beardie-man.

*like*

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
molopata

The Ship's jack
# 9933

- Posted      Profile for molopata     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I always imagined MT as this little rodent-sized guy sitting in a darkened room with this huge bank of monitors automatically updating SoF threads so he could roll out the latest quip within seconds of the last post.

In **** , it appears he's this hunk of a guy whipping all his coolers off an iphone while on the move.

--------------------
... The Respectable

Posts: 1718 | From: the abode of my w@ndering mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
molopata

The Ship's jack
# 9933

- Posted      Profile for molopata     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ye Hosts (blessed-be-their-Names) have_been screwing with_my_post.

"****" obviously means_they don't know_the difference between *fuck* and ***** *!

[Mad]

--------------------
... The Respectable

Posts: 1718 | From: the abode of my w@ndering mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's because they are orthodox asshats.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Asshats have it far easier - they don't have to fast twice a year.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Molopata The Rebel:
In **** , it appears he's this hunk of a guy whipping all his coolers off

I read this as hunk of a gay.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Freud would have a field day...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I read that as field gay.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
molopata

The Ship's jack
# 9933

I read that as real gay.

--------------------
... The Respectable

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You wicked tempters. Whose post should I mangle first?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here I thought "asshat" and "Orthodox" were synonyms. Who'd a thunk?

[ 09. May 2011, 14:58: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

If it's meant to be a proper insult of me, it needs to be Orthodox with a capital "O". I have fixed the thread title and Sharkshit's post.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would never blaspheme The One True Church, hence the lowercase "o".
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Orthos have an easier time looking Fabulous Cool Orthohat

Asshats have an easier time looking like asses wearing hats

Asshat #1

Asshat #2

Probly doesn't advance the debate greatly [Big Grin]

[ 09. May 2011, 19:07: Message edited by: Jahlove ]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I heard that Mel Gibson is going to do a movie about the Flintstones and their religious leanings, and call it "St. Yabbadabbadoo Russian OrthoRocks Church".

And I think you should audition for the lead. If you have time, that is. I know you're busy.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Don't blaspheme St. Iabadabadu of Antioch.

--------------------

Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jahlove:
Orthos have an easier time looking Fabulous Cool Orthohat

Asshats have an easier time looking like asses wearing hats

Asshat #1

Asshat #2

Probly doesn't advance the debate greatly [Big Grin]

Jah,
[Overused]

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016