liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
1. All submissions for an experimental run in On the Eighth Day must be sponsored by at least two shipmates who have been posting regularly on the Ship of Fools forums for at least six months. Sponsors will serve as Eighth Day hosts for the run of their topic.
2. Submissions for Eighth Day topics must include a name for the board, a brief description that will function as the board introduction (admins reserve the right to edit for style and brevity), and a discussion of no more than 500 words of what the shipmates hope to see happen on the board. Optional: a listing of posting guidelines, if that seems like it would be helpful. Submit all of these items together via a PM to RuthW.
3. Topics for the Eighth Day should be clearly differentiated from existing boards. If the topic is already discussed on the Ship, you should say why it deserves its own board, even if only temporarily.
4. Admins will consider submissions on an ongoing basis. Approved topics will be launched in the Eighth Day in the order they are received.
5. Barring unforeseen circumstances, each topic will run in the Eighth Day for one to three months. If a topic has not seen regular traffic after one month, the admins reserve the right to pull the topic, and will do so if there is a queue of approved topics waiting. At the end of three months, if the temporary Eighth Day hosts wish to continue, they may either get a private board or petition the admins to make their topic a permanent board. A new experiment in Eighth Day will start every three months, as long as there are approved topics in the queue.
6. Eighth Day hosts must commit to reading their board every day. A private board to discuss issues that arise and a brief edition of the regular hosting manual will be available. They will also be supported by the admins, who will monitor both the Eighth Day and the private hosts board.
7. In the extreme and, we trust, rare case of an Eighth Day host abusing hosting privileges, the admins will terminate that person's ability to act as a host before the experiment has concluded. If there is only one remaining host, that person will have the choice to recruit a new co-host or end the experiment.
[ 01. September 2014, 16:26: Message edited by: RuthW ]
Posts: 24164 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001
| IP: Logged