homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: All about leo (he loves it!) (used to be Here, mousy mousy) (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: All about leo (he loves it!) (used to be Here, mousy mousy)
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rather than having you clutter up any nice Purgatory thread with your facile sniping, here’s yet another Hell thread especially for you, mousethief. No doubt, after your tenth anniversary here on the Ship (congratulations, by the way) you’ve seen it all before, so it’s quite understandable that you should be a little bored with the same old discussions coming up again and again, but, well, this is supposed to be a discussion board, you know, for discussion, and all that. Maybe, after having outputted nearly fifty thousand posts here, at the phenomenal rate of about fourteen per every single freaking day during that entire decade, you’ve expended your every useful thought, so here’s a more suitable place for you to dump your totally and utterly useless ones. An entire decade. Wow. God the Almighty must be so proud of you for having devoted such a large portion of your brief and infinitely precious life to such a repeatedly tiresome place, when you could otherwise have been out there expending it more devotedly to useful causes. Facile sniping for Jesus. Yay.

[ 05. January 2015, 23:49: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One does have to wonder why he feels so compelled to read and post on threads that he so clearly finds to be dull and repetitive. Most sane people, on thinking "FFS this is just the same old crap", would go and read something else instead...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yorick, you had to go back to 2005 to find an example to whinge about? Get a life.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
Yorick, you had to go back to 2005 to find an example to whinge about? Get a life.

What on earth are you on about?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My thoughts exactly, Marvin (I was just behind you in checking the link)

Oh, hi Yorkie. Still yapping, I see.

[Snore]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There have been a lot of new posters over the years. many of whom will not have taken part in the said discussions.

If the thread in question had been started by a n00b, you Yorick, would have my support.

But it wasn't that, was it. It was a thread started by someone who regularly starts such threads, or pastes comments to the same effect on other threads.

And that is boring.

Then the same poster has the audacity to complain that someone has called them on restarting something that they knew was here before.

Yorick, you are a one trick pony. To complain when that is pointed out looks like twattery to me.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So what would you have me do, then, Steven? I’m interested today in starting a discussion that I was interested enough to take part in last year, and also a year before that (hypothetically speaking). Should I therefore shut the fuck up just in case you or mousethief happen to find my taking part repetitive or boring? Should I stop taking part in said discussion, so that you can have your discussion board undisturbed by, er, discussion? Or should I just stop being interested? Why don't you tell me what you want, so I can tell you to go and fuck yourself with it?

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Haven't seen anybody call him/herself to Hell since, oh, probably mine last week (it was allegedly to IngoB, but you know what these things are like).

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

Well, since you've kindly (though completely irrelevantly) turned up here instead, fuck you, twatface.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Well, since you've kindly (though completely irrelevantly) turned up here instead, fuck you, twatface.
Next time you feel inspired to start a Hell thread, Yorick, I advise you to first go on a nice walk in the park, throw some bread crumbs to the duckies, and maybe have some coffee and cake at a cafe while watching the clouds sail by. Perhaps even buy a glossy magazine to read in your garden. I recommend Monocle, which has a little something for everyone, nothing to raise the blood pressure, and lots of ads for very nice watches.

Zach

--------------------
Don't give up yet, no, don't ever quit/ There's always a chance of a critical hit. Ghost Mice

Posts: 9148 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's mousethief's birthday?

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm intriegued* as to why he picked on MT - at least 3 other posters said the same thing. As would I, if I could have been bothered to read the thread. Now I have read the thread, but only cos it was linked. So any comment is a bit redundant.

I liked Leaf's fix.

*I wish the ship had spell check.

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

- Posted      Profile for alienfromzog   Email alienfromzog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Taliesin:
I'm intriegued* as to why he picked on MT - at least 3 other posters said the same thing. As would I, if I could have been bothered to read the thread. Now I have read the thread, but only cos it was linked. So any comment is a bit redundant.

I liked Leaf's fix.

*I wish the ship had spell check.

Spell Checker...

--------------------
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

An Alien's View of Earth - my blog (or vanity exercise...)

Posts: 2150 | From: Zog, obviously! Straight past Alpha Centauri, 2nd planet on the left... | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
rugasaw
Shipmate
# 7315

- Posted      Profile for rugasaw   Email rugasaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sober Preacher's Kid:
It's mousethief's birthday?

Actually Yorick said anniversary, although a month late.

--------------------
Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. -Unknown

Posts: 2716 | From: Houston | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Boo hoo hoo, now you're all picking on me, when all I wanted to do was contribute to a discussion and honestly learn more about christianity from you fucking deluded idiots. Boo hoo hoo. (sobs into handkerchief)

- Intermission - Act III

I'm a great person, really. You shouldn't judge me by my posts, you should judge my motivations which are pure as the driven snow, I assure you. I'm a hero in real life, and if you only took the time to know the real me, you'd admire me as much as I admire myself. (sighs longingly into mirror)

- Intermission - Act IV

I hate all you bastards, and I'm quitting this tiresome place. That is, until I come back because I crave attention almost as much as I admire my own principled contempt for you all. (curtain)

Thank you, thank you very much. Next show's at 11. Don't forget to buy my CD on the way out!

Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Leaf:
...Thank you, thank you very much. Next show's at 11. Don't forget to buy my CD on the way out!

Only if it has that great old stand-up routine about how no one can really know the real you simply by your posts. It's one of my favorites. *sniff*
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

I'm a great person, really. You shouldn't judge me by my posts, you should judge my motivations which are pure as the driven snow, I assure you.

Don't piss in my lunchbox, thank you very much.

Patdys (Pure as the Driven Yellow Snow)

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's hard being boring and predictable isn't it Yorick? Makes one feel quite small.

Luddites unite!

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

It seems mousethief intends not to make an appearance, and, although some of your posts are quite alluring, I think the better part of valour might be discretion. If there is sufficiently popular demand for another thread all about me, I might reconsider, but, as far as my whinge about mousethief goes, I think I’m done here.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
but, as far as my whinge about mousethief goes, I think I’m done here.

I don't know what has happened to Hell.....

Ain't like the old days.

Way too much niceness going on.

Just aint fun anymore.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

So fuck off, then. Ain't like we'd miss you.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
but, as far as my whinge about mousethief goes, I think I’m done here.

I don't know what has happened to Hell.....

Ain't like the old days.

Way too much niceness going on.

Just aint fun anymore.

You've been here less than eighteen months and talking like a bitter and twisted ol' timer.

What is it you call whingers from Australia now? Ah yes, Australians.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We could start roasting random members on a monthly basis just to whip up the embers.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:

Yikes! Marvin "Napalm" Martian lays down some cleansing fire!

Where's my asbestos tighty-whiteys?

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Oh, there they are! *stretch*struggle*yank*squeeze*pull*

Say - do these make my arse look big?

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes. Do you care?
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well if MouseT is not going to post on this thread (and he told me so!)perhaps we could leave this open as a generic thread for Yappie Yorkie to tell us how wonderful he is, and how much people like him in real life (whatever that is).

Spill the bile til I get bored then.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Well if MouseT is not going to post on this thread (and he told me so!)perhaps we could leave this open as a generic thread for Yappie Yorkie to tell us how wonderful he is, and how much people like him in real life (whatever that is).

Spill the bile til I get bored then.

Why should he? I never have when called to Hell - it's a statement of contempt not to do so.

What is wrong with him anyway? I like him.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I said nothing about Mousethief's non-posting - read for context.

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
Why should he? I never have when called to Hell - it's a statement of contempt not to do so.

I always saw it as cowardice myself.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
leo is admitting to being contemptuous?

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:

In fact I had your original name in mind, and let the readers understand. The prop for this point in the play would not have been white. I'm sure it would have gotten big laughs.
Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Imaginary Friend:

Was that the cause of cold blast I just felt then?

--------------------

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

In fact I had your original name in mind, and let the readers understand. The prop for this point in the play would not have been white. I'm sure it would have gotten big laughs.
I'm surely not the only one who has the Frank Zappa/Mothers of Invention tune now on auto-play inside my head. I suspect the Stealer of Small Rodents does.
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Silent Acolyte

Shipmate
# 1158

- Posted      Profile for The Silent Acolyte     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Give meeeee....
...your dirty looove

Posts: 7462 | From: The New World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
art dunce
Shipmate
# 9258

- Posted      Profile for art dunce     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
jlg posted: I'm surely not the only one who has the Frank Zappa/Mothers of Invention tune now on auto-play inside my head. I suspect the Stealer of Small Rodents does.
Must have something to do with him since the other day his tangent about incense had me humming " Camarillo Brillo" all day.

--------------------
Ego is not your amigo.

Posts: 1283 | From: in the studio | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Unlike some we'd like to miss.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

quote:
Originally posted by The Silent Acolyte:
Give meeeee....
...your dirty looove

I'll have you know I showered today.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:

If I ever get called to Hell that would be my reason for suddenly being scarce. I won't stand on my dignity.

[Eek!] [Help]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Latchkey Kid:
quote:

Unlike some we'd like to miss.
Not if you aim carefully.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

A dear old Foaming friend once texted me a photo he took that reminded him of me... [Big Grin] .

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

quote:
Originally posted by Niteowl2:
We could start roasting random members on a monthly basis just to whip up the embers.

Fantastic idea!

Should we start with Lyda*Rose?

She's just so good.

Yet personally I was hoping Alfred would go for Sioni Sais.

I don't like his beard.

[ 11. August 2011, 11:27: Message edited by: Evensong ]

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:

No. True, I don't like the mud-slinging but when I have been called to hell it has been:

a) because I champion Islam
b) I think some evangelical theology is shallow.

I don't think I need further to justify my views, having already done so in Purgatory or whatever.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

quote:
Originally posted by Imaginary Friend:

Indeed, and why not? Just because I am not a snob, doesn't mean that some people are not worth arguing with because they do not/will not understand a issue.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Boy, did someone die in here? The self satisfied smog is overwhelming.

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
when I have been called to hell it has been:

a) because I champion Islam
b) I think some evangelical theology is shallow.

The call for causing the book thread to sink under pretension overload - which was that? Islam or evangelical theology?
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Shhh, even mentioning that would be beneath him. He has more important things to do, like copying Amazon customer reviews and posting them in the book thread.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

My bet is dust jackets.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just wish I recognised one of the books I've read and leo's review as the bearing some relation to one another.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Just because I am not a snob [snip]

I instinctively leaned out of the way of the metaphorical lightning strike for that assertion.

leo, if we charged you for the amount of throbbing snobbery you convulsively inflict upon these bulletin boards, we'd be fucking rich. Please, just stop deluding yourself.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016