homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Let's just not discuss it (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Let's just not discuss it
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's a lie about me and Lord - well, you know who. Not that I'm naming names, mind you. Because that just wouldn't be right. And I’m not the kind to 'snort and tell' anyway. Not even for £50,000.

But it's not TRUE.

No matter what they say in Australia.

[ 21. March 2008, 18:11: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh God, not another one.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I always say if you're giving an aide coke, make sure it's in a plain envelope and not one with your name on it. Not that it's true. It's a lie.

--------------------

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please tell us the rumours about videos of oral sex are also fallacious. Enquiring minds want to know...

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

Damn cells phones!

I mean...ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE!

(As far as I know. I was a bit distracted at the time. Sniffle. Gag.)

--------------------

Rat
Ship's Rat
# 3373

- Posted      Profile for Rat   Email Rat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So long as you're not a senior member of the Royal Family, we don't mind.

--------------------
It's a matter of food and available blood. If motherhood is sacred, put your money where your mouth is. Only then can you expect the coming down to the wrecked & shimmering earth of that miracle you sing about. [Margaret Atwood]

Posts: 5285 | From: A dour region for dour folk | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

Just call me 'Junior'. [Smile]

--------------------

Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know what all the fuss is about. I mean, twelfth in line? Some of my friends are higher than that. In fact, isn't Sine?

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Organ Builder:
Please tell us the rumours about videos of oral sex are also fallacious.

No, they're fellacious.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

quote:
Originally posted by dogwonderer:
I mean, twelfth in line?

There you go. Spreading rumors. Anybody can tell who you mean now.

I like the good old days when the censors could cut offending articles out of the Canadian and American papers before letting them into the country. King to marry Mrs. Simpson indeed. What hogwash!

--------------------

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
quote:
Please tell us the rumours about videos of oral sex are also fallacious.

No, they're fellacious.
(Or phallacious...)

But back to my questions for SN...with this new scandal in The Firm, will you still be welcome at Windsor this Christmas?

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

quote:
with this new scandal in The Firm, will you still be welcome at Windsor this Christmas?

Of course. Through the trademan's entrance as always though.

(Oh God! I'm sorry. [Killing me] I just couldn't resist.)

--------------------

Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
I just couldn't resist.

Yeah. I think that needs some work.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

Scotland Yard and the British Courts seem to be sympathetic to your desire for privacy.

I understand how embarassing this must be for you, but do you think it would matter to your public at large?

After all, we didn't hold it against HRH Prince Charles when his fondest ambition was to become an hygenic aid...

Have you thought that it might be best to face the Current Uproar and beat it down?

--------------------

J Whitgift

Pro ecclesia dei!
# 1981

- Posted      Profile for J Whitgift   Email J Whitgift   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
After all, we didn't hold it against HRH Prince Charles when his fondest ambition was to become an hygenic aid...

And just when I'd thought I'd escaped that mental image once and for all!!! [Disappointed] (Do you think those ears can double up as wings? [Biased] )

--------------------
On the issue of homosexuality the Liberals have spent their time thinking, considering and listening (in the spirit of the Windsor process), whereas Conservative Anglicans have used the time to further dig their feet in and become more intransigent.

Posts: 2838 | From: Gone shoreside | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

quote:
Originally posted by J Whitgift:
(Do you think those ears can double up as wings? [Biased] )

In the world of mental images, you have trumped my ace.

--------------------

J Whitgift

Pro ecclesia dei!
# 1981

- Posted      Profile for J Whitgift   Email J Whitgift   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
In the world of mental images, you have trumped my ace.

Or took it to a new level of low, depending on your perspective. [Snigger]

--------------------
On the issue of homosexuality the Liberals have spent their time thinking, considering and listening (in the spirit of the Windsor process), whereas Conservative Anglicans have used the time to further dig their feet in and become more intransigent.

Posts: 2838 | From: Gone shoreside | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OrganBuilder, If he would only beat it down we might not have the exact same current problem.

[ 31. October 2007, 17:45: Message edited by: Janine ]

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

Can we just not discuss it?

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not discuss it?!?

What shall we discuss instead?

Or, would you rather we all sat around in a great harmonic convergence of party-chat faux-pas-ing, ignoring each other?

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

Well, if the British press can't name names...

--------------------

The Bede's American Successor

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sometimes naming names can be a bit of a bother, though.

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

Who needs names? We could make up a name.
  • Arawracknort, Duke of Sneedle
  • Burpumdrake Bumthistle, Lord Burlap
  • Nancy

See? No problem.

--------------------

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

But the whole point of Sine Nomine is not to name names...

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you sure this isn't just a smokescreen to take our attention away from this little hobby?

'I want to ride my bicycle' - Queen.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

I must say though...it sort of gives new, uh, depth of meaning to the term 'aide'. Obviously good help is NOT hard to find in certain circles.

But then of course these are people who hire other people to put toothpaste on their toothbrushes for them...

--------------------

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

I suppose a minor royal was as close as he could get to the Head of State.

--------------------

John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sine

Were there rug burns as well? Or was that only in your past?

John

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

Sheesh...you get a little carried away one friggin' time and they never let you forget it.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Bede's American Successor:

Red pantyhose? The man's a tart.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
ebeth

Shipmate
# 4474

- Posted      Profile for ebeth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I knew when I saw the baby cuddling photo op that something was again amiss...

--------------------
"To eat bread without hope is still, slowly to starve to death." --Pearl S. Buck

Posts: 1486 | From: Here | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
ozowen
Shipmate
# 8935

- Posted      Profile for ozowen   Author's homepage   Email ozowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
There you go. Spreading rumors. Anybody can tell who you mean now.
Or legs?

--------------------
Without stupid people we would have no one to laugh at, so take time to thank a creationist for their contribution.

Posts: 2933 | From: The Never Never, Australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Bede's American Successor:

St. James West, pray for us now and in the hour of our need.

Maybe the Royals need to buy a castle near Spokane? My partner earned his undergraduate degree in the Inland Empire.* From some of the stories he has told me, it would be a good place for the Royal Family to set up shop. That city even seems to cater to "straight" men having sex with other men.

*Spokane, Washington, metro area.

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Avalon
Shipmate
# 8094

- Posted      Profile for Avalon         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm still hoping that the preacher who promised me that God was more interested in what happened in our boardrooms than what happened in out bedrooms was right. So, completely incurious except... Except, now that this relationship has been announced via a backdoor, are the two of you planning to produce the thirteenth in line by adoption?

...Or does asking that question take this out of Hell and into Dead Horses?

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

That's dangerous territory y'all are tiptoeing into...

--------------------

Liopleurodon

Mighty sea creature
# 4836

- Posted      Profile for Liopleurodon   Email Liopleurodon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Are you sure this isn't just a smokescreen to take our attention away from this little hobby?

'I want to ride my bicycle' - Queen.

But... HOW? There's no orifice, surely?
Posts: 1921 | From: Lurking under the ship | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

quote:
Originally posted by Liopleurodon:
But... HOW? There's no orifice, surely?

More than you wanted to know about non-penetrative sex...

It's only Wikipedia, but you still may need to be careful at work...

--------------------

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

quote:
Originally posted by John Holding:
Were there rug burns as well?

If there were, one trusts it was a priceless Oriental. "Slumming it" with the servants is no excuse for letting one's standards slip.

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

I admit I AM curious as to why You Know Who can't be identified in the British press when everybody in the world with internet access and the least bit of salacious curiosity know who we're (not) talking about.

(The rugs in question were not Orientals and I was slumming.)

--------------------

Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I admit I AM curious as to why You Know Who can't be identified in the British press when everybody in the world with internet access and the least bit of salacious curiosity know who we're (not) talking about.

I believe the 'logic' is that people who are being blackmailed need not fear that their identities - and their alleged misdemeanours - will be splashed all over the tabloids if they go to the police and to court. Stopping the courts doing the blackmailers' jobs for them, so to say.

And one should not confuse a mere Lord with, say, a Viscount - an error that I would not have expected of you, in particular, Sine...

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

quote:
Originally posted by Rev per Minute:
And one should not confuse a mere Lord with, say, a Viscount - an error that I would not have expected of you, in particular, Sine...

The error is yours, RpM.

A Viscount should be addressed as 'Lord X'. I imagine Sine knows precisely how to address gentlemen.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

The error is yours, RpM.

A Viscount should be addressed as 'Lord X'. I imagine Sine knows precisely how to address gentlemen.

I believe Sine was referring to a Viscount, not addressing one. In any event, Sine would probably be on first name terms.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Maybe because the law recognises that if you want to catch blackmailers it doesn't help to gain the co-operation of the victim if you start by spreading the allegation around.

I just checked the first three US newspaper web sites I could think of (not counting NYT which hates my browser) and also CNN, and none of them names the alleged victim in their main-page news story.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
quote:

The error is yours, RpM.

I believe Sine was referring to a Viscount, not addressing one. In any event, Sine would probably be on first name terms.
As a matter of fact, a Viscount should properly be referred to as 'Lord X' as well as addressed as such. [Razz]

I have every confidence in Sine's superior understanding of such matters of etiquette.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

quote:

Does this remind anyone else of the scene at the beginning of The Ruling Class where the old Lord accidently does himself in?

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He was NOT artistic!

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

- Posted      Profile for Josephine   Author's homepage   Email Josephine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ken:
I just checked the first three US newspaper web sites I could think of (not counting NYT which hates my browser) and also CNN, and none of them names the alleged victim in their main-page news story.

I have as much curiosity as the next person, and I've got Internet access, but I don't have a clue what this is about. I couldn't find anything on cnn.com that sounded like it. Even if the British press isn't discussing it, might someone be able to post a link?

--------------------
I've written a book! Catherine's Pascha: A celebration of Easter in the Orthodox Church. It's a lovely book for children. Take a look!

Posts: 10273 | From: Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

quote:
quote:

Does this remind anyone else of the scene at the beginning of The Ruling Class where the old Lord accidently does himself in?
He may be a tart, but he is also a has been. Idaho should take a lesson (or at least Larry Craig).

This is what happens when you go to the police saying someone is trying to blackmail you, but the facts don't add up.

--------------------

—Ezekiel 16.49

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

quote:
Originally posted by Josephine:
quote:
Originally posted by ken:

I have as much curiosity as the next person, and I've got Internet access, but I don't have a clue what this is about. I couldn't find anything on cnn.com that sounded like it. Even if the British press isn't discussing it, might someone be able to post a link?
Google is your friend.

--------------------

—Ezekiel 16.49

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

TBAS has linked to the sideshow, but the main event can be digested in all its tawdry splendor at Wikipedia.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016