homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: SoF Idol (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: SoF Idol
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
<font face=Arial><font size=4>
Advertisement
<font size=6><div align=center>
Parade your posts on SOF IDOL!
<font size=5>
Here is the chance for you and other lowly posters* to show off your board-related talents for the chance to be designated an object of awe and envy!

Just pretend to start a thread here to Audition--it can be on any subject and meant for any Board!**

The Judges will be introduced on Monday, November 15.***</font>
</div>
<font size=4>
* It is announced with regret that employees of SoF (i.e., Editors, Admins, and Hosts) are ineligible to compete.

** The 10 Commandments and Heaven's Guidelines still apply--for example, if your audition post involves calling someone to Hell, please "bleep" anything that would be in the <a href="http://rds.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=%22seven+words+you+can%27t+say+on+television%22/v=2/SID=e/TID=OOP5_5/l=WS1/R=1/H=0/IPC =us/SHE=0/SIG=11quemjvs/*-http%3A//www.erenkrantz.com/Humor/SevenDirtyWords.shtml">Seven-Words-You-Can't-Say-On-Television </a> category and make any personal attacks obviously fake.

*** Posts will be judged on any or all of the following: originality, effectiveness, humor, visual appeal, and correct spelling/punctuation/grammar.
</font></font>

[ 03. May 2005, 18:57: Message edited by: KenWritez ]

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Belisarius:
* It is announced with regret that employees of SoF (i.e., Editors, Admins, and Hosts) are ineligible to compete.

< Coot stops feverishly tapping away on his perfectly tuned keyboard >

NOOOOO! [Waterworks]

< Weeps heart-rendingly and goes off to start a support group thread in All Saints.>

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ha! But it says nothing about "ex-hosts"!

However I suddenly find myself suffering from performance anxiety and can't think of a damn thing to write that seems even remotely humorous.

Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
I can't think of a damn thing to write that seems even remotely humorous.

welcome to my life.

J

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A WORD FROM SOF IDOL, INC.

We, of course, don't want any contestant to feel rushed, but submitting Audition Posts is allowed before Monday and is, in fact, encouraged. Due to Time Zone Issues, delays will decrease if the Judges have a little head start in creating their decisions. Also, as we don't know yet how many contestants there will be, the earlier one auditions, the more likely one will encounter leniency.

Here are two sample auditions:

"Minimalist Purgatory Post"

quote:
The Universe is infinite.

So everything is possible.

So God exists.

Comments?

"Heaven Post Striving to be Edgy"

quote:
Gay Marriage Killed the Dinosaurs

It's in The Onion, so it must be true. [Snigger]

Which dinosaurs do you think were the campiest? Maybe the Velociraptors weren't as butch as all that--paleontologists say they might have gone around in feathers. [Two face] [Biased]

[ 12. November 2004, 19:48: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
PURGATORY THREAD

"And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim."

Discuss!

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wairua

Shipmate
# 3912

- Posted      Profile for Wairua   Email Wairua   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
sounds as if that is more suited to T'n'T . . .
Posts: 709 | From: aotearoa | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Surely Kerygmania.

John

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For kergymania, there'd be a verse cited.

Sieg

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Goldfish Stew
Shipmate
# 5512

- Posted      Profile for Goldfish Stew   Email Goldfish Stew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
12 bar blues in the key of Hell...

Calling "Luvable Fred" to Hell

Okay. I just happen to have here a large mug of my own diarrhoea. Fresh, warm and stinking. And I might just drink it. Because that would be infinititely preferable to having to read another one of your posts. And I'd have a better chance of waching the taste out of my mouth by the end of the week.

What the **** gives you the right to claim that real christians only think like you do? Like we really need a church of morons who couldn't be trusted to remember to remove their trousers when going to the toilet.

****, when I read some of your drivel I literally retch. And no, dipwad, adding smilies to your inherently disrespectful and narrow-minded posts does not somehow make it all okay. It just reinforces how much of a ****muppet you really are.

I don't know what stone you crawled out from underneath, but kindly go and get that stone and whack your head with it until you lose consciousness. Any change in personality such an action could cause can only be an improvement.

****knuckle.

[ETA: PM on the way]

[ 13. November 2004, 05:35: Message edited by: kiwigoldfish ]

--------------------

Posts: 2405 | From: Aotearoa/New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Vikki Pollard
Shipmate
# 5548

- Posted      Profile for Vikki Pollard   Email Vikki Pollard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Heaven:

Your Life - the Edited Version

As I was waiting for 120 seconds after a recent post, I got to thinking about those tales of how people see their lives pass before them as they are dying - a bit like the opening to Green Wing, where the whole of the last week's episode is shown speeded-up.

And as I pressed the Edit button I wondered, which parts of your life would you edit if you could - how and why? Would it be for a rewrite of the script? Would you 'find God' (or He find you) earlier? Or later, so you could have that misspent youth you've always hankered for?

Would you be in a different place in your family? Or in the world? Choose a different career? Have pets? Get rid of that pesky allergy? Call yourself something funky instead of the plain old name which has never really felt like you? Or would you just never have started that thread on diarrhoea which ended up with you getting thrown off the Ship? [Biased]

Ideas please - but no regrets allowed - life's too short!

Edited to make a point. [Big Grin]

[ 13. November 2004, 09:01: Message edited by: Vikki Pollard ]

--------------------
"I don't get all this fuss about global warming, Miss. Why doesn't the Government just knock down all the f**king greenhouses?" (One of my slightly less bright 15 year old pupils)

Posts: 5695 | From: The Far Side | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All Saints:
Hello I am new here

Hello to all on this wonderful Ship. This is my first post and I wanted to let you all know that I am here and that I [Axe murder] you all for making this place so warm, welcoming and fun. I am not sure if this is the right place to make this first post but you all have my [Axe murder] and my [Overused] In fact, I have been waiting for ever to find such a wonderful Christian on-line community such as this. I stumbled across The Ship when I was much younger but decided to lurk here for a while so that I could take time to understand how things work here. I must say how much of a comfort it has been to me reading all your [Axe murder] threads and I am really looking forward to adding my thoughts and dreams to this wonderful community. May I also take this time to thank all my friends who finally convinced me to stop lurking and become a fully fledged member of this loving community, my parents who brought me up to be a good Christian woman, and my dog who has patiently sat by my side while I have read all the threads here and finally I would like to thank all you shipmates for enriching my life with your posts. I hope that you will welcome me with open arms and I am really looking forward to posting more.

God bless you all [Axe murder] [Axe murder]

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All Saints

Announcing a meet at Threadneedle Street, The Needles, 4/12/04 at 7pm.

Bring a sample of your Favourite Thread with you (material and colour of your choice)
and we will weave a beautiful prayer curtain together.

Table will be booked in the name of Fred Bear.

OK, who's up for it? Let's get the arrangements sewn up, asap.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
PURGATORY

Wymyn's Rites Now

Wymin need to throw off the patriarchal shackles of Christianity. It's a man's religion: made by men for men who use it to keep wimmin down. Everything gets blamed on Eve, just because she wouldn't be Adam's doormat. Given a little consciousness-raising, Eve would have seen the light and gone off with Lilith. And maybe she did! After all, it was men who wrote the Bible; there's no way they would admit that two wimin could do without them.

And I'm here to tell you, Ship of Fools is totally complicit. Who are the hosts of Heaven, where all good Christians supposedly go when they die? All men. Who owns the whole enterprise? A man. If I lose this contest, it'll be because a man is running it.

Men will say I should be posting in Hell; they want to write us wymmyn off as ranting hysterics and push us underground. But wymmin have taken too much *bleep* for way too *bleep*-ing long.

Readers check the newbie's profile ...

Screenname: Medusa

Interests: eco-feminism, liberal feminism, third wave feminism, womyn and feminism, raisin cakes

Picture: Click here.

Religion: Goddess worship

Profile/essay/sermon: A womyn without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.

Favorite boards: Click here and scroll down.

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ruth: [Overused] [Overused] [Overused]

(I particularly like the way you ring the changes in spelling The Word Formerly Known As "Women.")

Rossweisse // pass the raisin cakes, wudja?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
STYX THREAD

ARE COMPETITION JUDGES ON THIS SHIP CORRUPT, OR WHAT?

I've entered just about every competition that's been on this ship since I signed up. My entries are really well-thought out and witty and my boyfriend just about wets himself laughing at them, but I never get noticed.

It seems to me that the same people always win, which suggests just a bit of ... favourtism.

I'm not whinging. I just want a straight answer.

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Goldfish Stew
Shipmate
# 5512

- Posted      Profile for Goldfish Stew   Email Goldfish Stew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some irksome questions for the producers:

Is this going to be a knockout competition like all the other idol shows? Should I be planning my round 2 entry on the offchance that I make it through? Or is it more of a free for all and you can enter as many times as you like?

(This is all good considering I didn't even get an audition on New Zealand Idol. I can exorcise some demons here.)

Posts: 2405 | From: Aotearoa/New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Circus Poll: What sort of Alcoholic are You?
12 questions, 36 choices.

Sample 1
: For breakfast my favourite beverage is:
1) Beer
2) Good beer
3) Cider
4) Whisky
5) Whiskey
6) G'n'T
7) Gin
8) Vodka
9) Tequila
10) Rum
11) too drunk to remember
12) Other - please post

Q2:
a)Career
b)Apprentice
c)non-
d)I am not an alco0itjjj1!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by kiwigoldfish:
Is this going to be a knockout competition like all the other idol shows? Should I be planning my round 2 entry on the offchance that I make it through?

Yes to both questions. This will be as close to a real contest as possible, so please only one entry per poster. If the preliminary audition round does not sufficiently narrow down the pool for the Finalist rounds, one more round will take place.

As per the real Idol shows, the Judges will not be able to eliminate anyone once the Finalist rounds start; they will only be able to give opinons. A poll will be set up after each Finalist challenge, with the lowest-ranking contestant being eliminated.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(first posted in Hell...then kicked over to heaven)

Why the English Should rule the Universe

*Please my American friends, don't post on this thread, unless you agree with the OP.
*By all means, subjects from the other former colonies of the Queen, post your thoughts here. unless you are one of the few that don't agree the OP. Thanks for your cooperation in advance. Since I am nice, the hosties will strike down those who oppose my little rules.

-A proper cup of tea is an artform that there is a dearth of, we need to teach it to all, throw out your tea bags!
-Coffee is inferior to tea. Tea-break, not coffee-break!
-Your American Corporations are making everyone fat! Listen to SIR Morgan Spurlock, HONORARY U.K. KNIGHTHOOD has been bestowed on him.
-Other recent American recipients of honorary knighthoods include Bob Hope, Secretary of State designate Colin Powell, Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf and former presidents George Bush and Ronald Reagan, just in case you were wondering.
-Our Church of England has class, dashing vestments, a repatiore of fine knowledge and the nuances in baking, when it comes to baking scones.
-We speak the Queen's English. You should too. Abandon your abaxial accents at once!
-Our royal family has your admiration and your support. Quit printing tabloids about them unless you wish to fiscally support them as well ... tithe 10% of your income.
-Good manners are rapidly going out of style in your countries. We have a stiff upper lip, and subtle put downs. Irony never works in America...we need to bring it back!
-President Blair has a nice ring to it. President of these United States of Britain. Yes.
-the Queen has a secret compartment in her handbag. We will share with you what it is if you let us rule you (you know you are dying to know what she stores in there).
-Prince Charles longs to give you advice on your architecture. Let him help you guide your city plans. Vegas is an eyesore! It needs a make-over.
-Our lagers, our bitters, our ales. You're welcome.
-A good kidney pie never hurt anyone.
-Canadians, you need special training on the proper pronounciation of the following words: about, out, aye (not eh). Also get rid of your forced second language forms.
-Cricket, Candians, not hockey.
-Football is soccer, not quarterback shuffling, Yankees.
-vegemite is no subsitute for marmite. Give it up.
-Our money is really cute and fun. The pound coins feel nice in your hands. You know you want it. It has a greater value too! Use less, buy more!
-Salt Vinegar Crisps for everybody
-Stomp out the hamburger! Eat Bangers!
-Bridget Jones is the female ideal, not Pamela Anderson. Replace at once!
-David Beckham is the male ideal, not Justin Timberlake. Replace at once!
-All men will be forced to listen to tapes of Alan Rickman and learn how more effectively express the Queen's language. Roll your "r"s!
-All women will be forced to listen to tapes of Emma Thompson and learn how to do the same. Splendid.
-Smaller portions please. You will lose weight quickly.
-American, learn to embrace the "U" as your favourite word, love your neighbours.
-Bobby outfits are much more dashing then "cops". Learn also to leave your guns in your trunks. You don't need to carry them around to police the people.
-Free Universal Health Care Now! Abandon your Fee-based-system.
-Hollywood keeps borrowing our ideas and making their own versions of our shows. We want you to cut that out now! To make up for that, we want you to make a British Sex in the City show, based in London. There would be no sex in that (we're English!) but we are natually sexy and don't need to have sex to show that.
-Canterbury Chocolate, not Hershey
-Tim Tams make good penguins
-Please take back Madonna, we don't want her. Instead, give us Joe Jackson. We want him back New York.
-Greenwich Time rules you all. Admit it.
-Metrics you silly Americans. But do start using stones instead of pounds.
-Our London cab drivers have a map of London in their heads. Yours don't even speak English. Come to think of it, ours don't either. Got to work on those ones with the Alan Rickman tapes.
-Irony is lost on the Americans. Let us teach you. Letterman's ironic? How quaint.
-You mustn't think President Bush is smart. How could you? President Blair does have a nice ring to it
-Our passports look cooler and are more user-friendly. You know you want one!
-The White House does not contain royalty, it never has and never will.
-Fox hunting everywhere. Let us destroy all your rabbits in Australia with style.
-Stop eating Kanagroos, Australians.

[Angel]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hell Thread...

I split a nail and I'm so mad I could spit

Really. I could just spit, spit, spit! [Mad] It was those d*rn wrappers they put around CDs. You just can't get them off. What are they thinking? They have no consideration whatsoever. And it was "the Carpenter's Greatest Hits", which I'd wanted for a long time.

I was so excited until I split my nail trying to get the d*rn wrapper off. I mean really. What's my manicurist going to say? [Waterworks]

Don't you just HATE it!!!!

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Celsti
Shipmate
# 4523

- Posted      Profile for Celsti   Email Celsti   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me] duchess, you are the bomb
Posts: 787 | From: the beyonderland | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hell (Translated from the original Trollish; this transcript has been edited for length and coherence.)

This forum is riddled with anti-* feelings. Yes, I'm talking to you, you putrid fetid horrid pile of (bleep) with the sewer-gas breath and the nasty yellow teeth. You hate the *. Admit it. You look for opportunities to trash the *. You keep talking about the English and how they should rule. What is that about except anti-* bigotry, eh? Anti-* bigotry makes me terribly angry. Terribly, terribly, terribly angry. But it is Totally Righteous anger, so I am entitled, whereas you are just a foul stinking dog-(bleep) whose owner refuses to carry a scooper and plastic bag, which also makes me so furious I could easily pop the top off my head while thinking about the whole problem of anti-* dog owners who won't scoop poop. And then there are cats and cat owners; they are just plain evil and tools of Satin. Don't give me any lip about that or I will know for sure that you are anti-* and in Satin's pocket. And don't even get me started on drivers who cut in front of me on the highway, and are conspiring against the *, or they wouldn't cut in front of me, because they're just stinking (bleep)ing bigots. People who are anti-* don't know what they're talking about, and they're all going straight to hell anyway, but slagging them and glowing in the pure fire of my fury sure beats sitting here wondering why I'm slouched all alone at 2 in the morning in my trash-filled room in front of the flickering glare of my terminal, pondering why it is that no one cares about me. The bastards.
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

* = The Ethnic Group or Religious Denomination of Your Choice

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Belisarius
# 32

AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM SOF IDOL, INC.

Due to the unexpected off-line maintenance, the Contest will not officially start until next Monday. To avoid further delays, auditioning will close tonight, so please submit any remaining auditions before then.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

Sorry for the delay.

There are 11 Contestants, but only enough competitions for 10 Finalists. Unfortunately, one Contestant must be eliminated.

Therefore, the first Elimination Poll will be set up after all the judgements have been posted. Contestants who receive more than one positive evaluation will be granted Immunity; viewers will then vote for Two (2) of the remainder to stay.

And now, the moment you've been waiting for...

OUR JUDGES

Standing in for Sharon Osbourne,
The Edgily Fluffy
SARKYCOW

Standing in for Randy Jackson,
Poser Extraordinaire
GRITS

Standing in for Simon Cowell,
Everyone's Favorite Snide Bastard,
STOO

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:
PURGATORY THREAD

"And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim."

Discuss!

SARKYCOW:
quote:
And you tried so hard. It’s just a shame you missed the point of the competition, and are unable to distinguish between the tones required for the different boards. Probably the best thing you can do is go home and spend more time reading the boards and practising those different tones. Maybe compete again in several years time.
GRITS:
quote:
Whoa, dude. You may be too smart for this board. You got to bring it down, baby. Think about who's out there, who your audience is. Your words have got to speak to the masses. Just let it come from your heart next time, bro.
STOO:
quote:
Dear God... X Factor? I've seen more of the X Factor in the first half of the alphabet.

A paltry attempt.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by kiwigoldfish:
12 bar blues in the key of Hell...

Calling "Luvable Fred" to Hell

Okay. I just happen to have here a large mug of my own diarrhoea. Fresh, warm and stinking. And I might just drink it. Because that would be infinititely preferable to having to read another one of your posts. And I'd have a better chance of waching the taste out of my mouth by the end of the week.

What the **** gives you the right to claim that real christians only think like you do? Like we really need a church of morons who couldn't be trusted to remember to remove their trousers when going to the toilet.

****, when I read some of your drivel I literally retch. And no, dipwad, adding smilies to your inherently disrespectful and narrow-minded posts does not somehow make it all okay. It just reinforces how much of a ****muppet you really are.

I don't know what stone you crawled out from underneath, but kindly go and get that stone and whack your head with it until you lose consciousness. Any change in personality such an action could cause can only be an improvement.

****knuckle.

[ETA: PM on the way]

SARKYCOW:
quote:
*stands up and applauds* That was beautiful. You're clearly
confident, at ease with the style for hell, and capable of delivering a
brilliant performance. I can see you winning this competition if you keep
this standard up. The only things I would, or even could, criticise are a
few teensy-weensy spelling and grammar mistakes. But a good style coach
could correct these easily. You were fabulous darling.

GRITS:
quote:
That is a killer post, dude. I thought you was really going to
chug-a-lug your own poo! And I especially love how you offer suggestions
and not just criticism. You rock!

STOO:
quote:
Well, it started badly and just went downhill from there.

The subject matter was completely unoriginal. I've seen it done a hundred
times before, and a hundred times better.

The imagery was crude; both in subject and effect - and - good grief - did
you really rehash the stone and crawling metaphor? Really?

IMMUNITY GRANTED

[ 23. November 2004, 17:53: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by Vikki Pollard:
Heaven:

Your Life - the Edited Version

As I was waiting for 120 seconds after a recent post, I got to thinking about those tales of how people see their lives pass before them as they are dying - a bit like the opening to Green Wing, where the whole of the last week's episode is shown speeded-up.

And as I pressed the Edit button I wondered, which parts of your life would you edit if you could - how and why? Would it be for a rewrite of the script? Would you 'find God' (or He find you) earlier? Or later, so you could have that misspent youth you've always hankered for?

Would you be in a different place in your family? Or in the world? Choose a different career? Have pets? Get rid of that pesky allergy? Call yourself something funky instead of the plain old name which has never really felt like you? Or would you just never have started that thread on diarrhoea which ended up with you getting thrown off the Ship? [Biased]

Ideas please - but no regrets allowed - life's too short!

Edited to make a point. [Big Grin]

SARKYCOW:
quote:
I loved the slightly tongue-in-cheek style of this post. A jokey
beginning, seguing smoothly to a slightly more questioning and serious
middle, and that little cheeky coda. Beautiful. My one caveat is your
uncalled-for mention of diarrhoea ? it's not really heavenly, is it petal?
Tidy up small details like that, and you'll go far.

GRITS:
quote:
Girlfriend, it's time for a wakeup call for you. Your talents just
aren't happening here. You need to throw on some bling and hit the
streets! Get out and experience life, baby. Then you'll be able to really
move us with your posts.

STOO:
quote:
Let me just stop you right there, before I fall into a coma. It's
just plain dull. I am left with keyboard marks on my forehead and drool on
the spacebar.

[ 23. November 2004, 17:53: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by dolphy:
All Saints:
Hello I am new here

Hello to all on this wonderful Ship. This is my first post and I wanted to let you all know that I am here and that I [Axe murder] you all for making this place so warm, welcoming and fun. I am not sure if this is the right place to make this first post but you all have my [Axe murder] and my [Overused] In fact, I have been waiting for ever to find such a wonderful Christian on-line community such as this. I stumbled across The Ship when I was much younger but decided to lurk here for a while so that I could take time to understand how things work here. I must say how much of a comfort it has been to me reading all your [Axe murder] threads and I am really looking forward to adding my thoughts and dreams to this wonderful community. May I also take this time to thank all my friends who finally convinced me to stop lurking and become a fully fledged member of this loving community, my parents who brought me up to be a good Christian woman, and my dog who has patiently sat by my side while I have read all the threads here and finally I would like to thank all you shipmates for enriching my life with your posts. I hope that you will welcome me with open arms and I am really looking forward to posting more.

God bless you all [Axe murder] [Axe murder]

SARKYCOW:
quote:
All Saints isn't one of the styles I enjoy reading regularly;
however, you've carried it off well. The 'love' smilies scattered through
were a nice touch ? not enough to overwhelm the senses, but just enough to
give the air of a keen, eager, joyful and energetic, albeit naïve, newbie.

GRITS:
quote:
Hey, hey, Fishy Lady. I can feel the love, girl. I appreciate all
the good vibes you are sending out, but I gotta be real wit cha -- them
birdies are falling and so is your score.

STOO:
quote:
Stop!

You were supposed to produce an interesting or witty opening post. You've
done yourself no favours whatsoever in creating one that would be shut done
as soon as the AS hostesses read it.

You might get away with that on other sites, but this is about finding
someone with star potential. Go back to Yahoo Chat.

[ 23. November 2004, 17:54: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
All Saints

Announcing a meet at Threadneedle Street, The Needles, 4/12/04 at 7pm.

Bring a sample of your Favourite Thread with you (material and colour of your choice)
and we will weave a beautiful prayer curtain together.

Table will be booked in the name of Fred Bear.

OK, who's up for it? Let's get the arrangements sewn up, asap.

SARKYCOW:
quote:
An original and amusing pastiche of an All Saints thread. Full
marks for creativity, even if the joke felt a little forced by the end of
the post. I'd like to see you producing some more serious work later in the
competition.

GRITS:
quote:
Meetin' and greetin' -- you got that down, awright. But, girl, you
gotta know -- no one is actually still sewing anymore. If you want to get
your mojo working around here, you got to get down with knitting. That's
right, baby! Think big needles and big thread. Big, big, big for a big,
big, big score!

STOO:
quote:
Dear Lord, I think I'm going to be sick.

The imagery is corny and the whole idea is cheesier than stilton.

I have to admit though, it is original. I'll put you through on the
condition that we see something heavier in the next round.

IMMUNITY GRANTED

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
PURGATORY

Wymyn's Rites Now

Wymin need to throw off the patriarchal shackles of Christianity. It's a man's religion: made by men for men who use it to keep wimmin down. Everything gets blamed on Eve, just because she wouldn't be Adam's doormat. Given a little consciousness-raising, Eve would have seen the light and gone off with Lilith. And maybe she did! After all, it was men who wrote the Bible; there's no way they would admit that two wimin could do without them.

And I'm here to tell you, Ship of Fools is totally complicit. Who are the hosts of Heaven, where all good Christians supposedly go when they die? All men. Who owns the whole enterprise? A man. If I lose this contest, it'll be because a man is running it.

Men will say I should be posting in Hell; they want to write us wymmyn off as ranting hysterics and push us underground. But wymmin have taken too much *bleep* for way too *bleep*-ing long.

Readers check the newbie's profile ...

Screenname: Medusa

Interests: eco-feminism, liberal feminism, third wave feminism, womyn and feminism, raisin cakes

Picture: Click here.

Religion: Goddess worship

Profile/essay/sermon: A womyn without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.

Favorite boards: Click here and scroll down.

SARKYCOW:
quote:
You're very angry my dear. And you've produced a post that
doesn't give much room for discussion, as well being perhaps a little too
intemperate for Purgatory. Still, it's certainly an original, solid effort,
and I look forward to seeing you give us your unique interpretations of the
different posting styles required.

GRITS:
quote:
I gotta give your props, Ruthie. You made me think. Dang, you
almost made me cry. Ah feel your pain, woman. I hear you roar,
girlfriend! Let's raise the roof for the lady, ya'll!

STOO:
quote:
Once again, we have a clueless OP, and no doubt a clueless OPer.

You've not produced a suitable post for your chosen board.

Do you think the panel are just here because we have nothing better to do?
Grits in particular has an extremely busy lunching schedule.

We're not here for time wasters.

IMMUNITY GRANTED

[ 23. November 2004, 17:55: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:
STYX THREAD

ARE COMPETITION JUDGES ON THIS SHIP CORRUPT, OR WHAT?

I've entered just about every competition that's been on this ship since I signed up. My entries are really well-thought out and witty and my boyfriend just about wets himself laughing at them, but I never get noticed.

It seems to me that the same people always win, which suggests just a bit of ... favourtism.

I'm not whinging. I just want a straight answer.

SARKYCOW:
quote:
An interesting approach for a Styx thread, and not one usually
thought of. You approached the subject with verve, hitting it full on, and
leaving no room for doubts. You also made an unusual choice of board, also,
showing your own confidence in tackling the difficult styles first. I
eagerly anticipate seeing what else you can do.

GRITS:
quote:
You know what they say, sweetie: You always hurt the one you love.
Your man loves you, and it's hard to be honest when the truth is filled
with pain. But I'm gonna take the fall for him, girl, and lay it on the
line: Your posts are just, well... lame.

STOO:
quote:
I suggest you get your boyfriend checked out for incontinence. It
surely isn't the humour in your posts that have him wetting his pants if
this is anything to go by. It's just shoddy! A pitiful excuse for an OP.

[ 23. November 2004, 17:55: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Belisarius:
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

(pops head round the door)
erm [Hot and Hormonal]
if this is a game, why isn't in the Circus ?

(runs away again)

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by STOO:
Once again, we have a clueless OP, and no doubt a clueless OPer.

You've not produced a suitable post for your chosen board.

Do you think the panel are just here because we have nothing better to do?
Grits in particular has an extremely busy lunching schedule.

We're not here for time wasters.

Humph! The wimmin liked it.

Would toss hair here if I had any.

welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, you'd better vote for Ruth guys.

Else she'll stomp on yer feet in those Doc Martens [Razz] .

[brings back memories of the feminist/Marxist/radical etcetc Eng Lit students I used to drink coffee with late into the night when I was an undergrad. All my friends were either Christians or Marxists. I was pretty happy flitting between the 2 camps, wearing clothes with a lot of redundant zips. And black. A lot of black. And a whole collection of crucifixes. I Just Said No to the Marxists' hash brownies...)

[ 23. November 2004, 17:01: Message edited by: welsh dragon ]

Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
Circus Poll: What sort of Alcoholic are You?
12 questions, 36 choices.

Sample 1
: For breakfast my favourite beverage is:
1) Beer
2) Good beer
3) Cider
4) Whisky
5) Whiskey
6) G'n'T
7) Gin
8) Vodka
9) Tequila
10) Rum
11) too drunk to remember
12) Other - please post

Q2:
a)Career
b)Apprentice
c)non-
d)I am not an alco0itjjj1!

SARKYCOW:
quote:
It was a valiant effort petal, but I really feel that perhaps
you're playing in the wrong league? I think that the Circus hosts would
probably close that poll, for falling too far outside the remit of the
boards. I think that if you carry on in the competition, you'll only upset
and embarrass yourself, which we would all hate to see happen.

GRITS:
quote:
Hey, I am all over this one. I checked 'em all, dude. What's say
you and me hook up after this contest is history, knock back a few, and hit
the highway i my brand new Lamborghini Diablo. w00t!!!

STOO:
quote:
No.

I'm stopping you there. To be frank, I really don't care. Especially not
when there are 12 threatened questions.

[aside]
I told you we should have banned polls.

[ 23. November 2004, 18:02: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by duchess:
(first posted in Hell...then kicked over to heaven)

Why the English Should rule the Universe

*Please my American friends, don't post on this thread, unless you agree with the OP.
*By all means, subjects from the other former colonies of the Queen, post your thoughts here. unless you are one of the few that don't agree the OP. Thanks for your cooperation in advance. Since I am nice, the hosties will strike down those who oppose my little rules.

-A proper cup of tea is an artform that there is a dearth of, we need to teach it to all, throw out your tea bags!
-Coffee is inferior to tea. Tea-break, not coffee-break!
-Your American Corporations are making everyone fat! Listen to SIR Morgan Spurlock, HONORARY U.K. KNIGHTHOOD has been bestowed on him.
-Other recent American recipients of honorary knighthoods include Bob Hope, Secretary of State designate Colin Powell, Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf and former presidents George Bush and Ronald Reagan, just in case you were wondering.
-Our Church of England has class, dashing vestments, a repatiore of fine knowledge and the nuances in baking, when it comes to baking scones.
-We speak the Queen's English. You should too. Abandon your abaxial accents at once!
-Our royal family has your admiration and your support. Quit printing tabloids about them unless you wish to fiscally support them as well ... tithe 10% of your income.
-Good manners are rapidly going out of style in your countries. We have a stiff upper lip, and subtle put downs. Irony never works in America...we need to bring it back!
-President Blair has a nice ring to it. President of these United States of Britain. Yes.
-the Queen has a secret compartment in her handbag. We will share with you what it is if you let us rule you (you know you are dying to know what she stores in there).
-Prince Charles longs to give you advice on your architecture. Let him help you guide your city plans. Vegas is an eyesore! It needs a make-over.
-Our lagers, our bitters, our ales. You're welcome.
-A good kidney pie never hurt anyone.
-Canadians, you need special training on the proper pronounciation of the following words: about, out, aye (not eh). Also get rid of your forced second language forms.
-Cricket, Candians, not hockey.
-Football is soccer, not quarterback shuffling, Yankees.
-vegemite is no subsitute for marmite. Give it up.
-Our money is really cute and fun. The pound coins feel nice in your hands. You know you want it. It has a greater value too! Use less, buy more!
-Salt Vinegar Crisps for everybody
-Stomp out the hamburger! Eat Bangers!
-Bridget Jones is the female ideal, not Pamela Anderson. Replace at once!
-David Beckham is the male ideal, not Justin Timberlake. Replace at once!
-All men will be forced to listen to tapes of Alan Rickman and learn how more effectively express the Queen's language. Roll your "r"s!
-All women will be forced to listen to tapes of Emma Thompson and learn how to do the same. Splendid.
-Smaller portions please. You will lose weight quickly.
-American, learn to embrace the "U" as your favourite word, love your neighbours.
-Bobby outfits are much more dashing then "cops". Learn also to leave your guns in your trunks. You don't need to carry them around to police the people.
-Free Universal Health Care Now! Abandon your Fee-based-system.
-Hollywood keeps borrowing our ideas and making their own versions of our shows. We want you to cut that out now! To make up for that, we want you to make a British Sex in the City show, based in London. There would be no sex in that (we're English!) but we are natually sexy and don't need to have sex to show that.
-Canterbury Chocolate, not Hershey
-Tim Tams make good penguins
-Please take back Madonna, we don't want her. Instead, give us Joe Jackson. We want him back New York.
-Greenwich Time rules you all. Admit it.
-Metrics you silly Americans. But do start using stones instead of pounds.
-Our London cab drivers have a map of London in their heads. Yours don't even speak English. Come to think of it, ours don't either. Got to work on those ones with the Alan Rickman tapes.
-Irony is lost on the Americans. Let us teach you. Letterman's ironic? How quaint.
-You mustn't think President Bush is smart. How could you? President Blair does have a nice ring to it
-Our passports look cooler and are more user-friendly. You know you want one!
-The White House does not contain royalty, it never has and never will.
-Fox hunting everywhere. Let us destroy all your rabbits in Australia with style.
-Stop eating Kanagroos, Australians.

[Angel]

SARKYCOW:
quote:
I just didn't get this one, darling. You seemed to work yourself
up, but into such a frenzy, that I couldn't understand what you were
shouting about. And you then carried on and on, not really noticing that
the audience was left behind in bewilderment and some boredom. It's great
that you're so enthusiastic, and that you found an issue on which to create
a Hellish rant, but you need to temper your ranting, watching for
indications of how it is being received. The best hellish rants are pithy
and leave the reader in no doubt about their point. I felt you were trying
to take too broad a subject perhaps. Sharpen your focus, and remember to
keep your posts concise and comprehensible, and I can see your enthusiasm
carrying you far in this competition.

GRITS:
quote:
Girl, I am so down wit you. Life is full of mystery, but, ba-bee,
you have nailed it in one succinct post! You da bomb!

STOO:
quote:
I had to check my pulse midway through reading that.

After that, I had to get Sarky to pinch me.

It was too long, too dreary, and too inaccurate.

Before posting in an English style, it's normally a good idea to understand
exactly what an English style is.

No-one in the UK wants Blair for a President. Unless it's POTUS.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
Hell Thread...

I split a nail and I'm so mad I could spit

Really. I could just spit, spit, spit! [Mad] It was those d*rn wrappers they put around CDs. You just can't get them off. What are they thinking? They have no consideration whatsoever. And it was "the Carpenter's Greatest Hits", which I'd wanted for a long time.

I was so excited until I split my nail trying to get the d*rn wrapper off. I mean really. What's my manicurist going to say? [Waterworks]

Don't you just HATE it!!!!

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

SARKYCOW:
quote:
You just seemed to be trying a little too hard here, as if you were attempting to act being yourself. However, your acting of yourself, particularly with the studied pose you struck at the beginning, made this post live. I could really see you strutting the stage, and pouting ridiculously, as you struggled to come to terms with a world which doesn’t revolve around you. Have a little more confidence in who you are sweetie, because you’re great, and we want to see the real you.
GRITS:
quote:
Life is tuff, dude. T-U-F-F, tuff. But you can't let that color the tone of your posts. You gotta suck it up before you can spit it out. Wait until you've lived a little longer. Then you'll have the stuff it takes to really sing the blues.
STOO:
quote:
Had you put in a link to a thread this was parodying, I may have given you a ticket to the next round. As it is, I can only assume you believe this would pass as a genuine hell thread.

How wrong you are.

By the way; your last sentence needed a question mark.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to technical difficulties, Rossweisse's evaluation is not yet complete. Sorry for any incovenience; we hope the show will go on soon.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Thank you, Belisarius. I was afraid I wasn't even going to have the opportunity to get publicly dissed.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

- Posted      Profile for Stoo   Email Stoo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
Hell (Translated from the original Trollish; this transcript has been edited for length and coherence.)

This forum is riddled with anti-* feelings. Yes, I'm talking to you, you putrid fetid horrid pile of (bleep) with the sewer-gas breath and the nasty yellow teeth. You hate the *. Admit it. You look for opportunities to trash the *. You keep talking about the English and how they should rule. What is that about except anti-* bigotry, eh? Anti-* bigotry makes me terribly angry. Terribly, terribly, terribly angry. But it is Totally Righteous anger, so I am entitled, whereas you are just a foul stinking dog-(bleep) whose owner refuses to carry a scooper and plastic bag, which also makes me so furious I could easily pop the top off my head while thinking about the whole problem of anti-* dog owners who won't scoop poop. And then there are cats and cat owners; they are just plain evil and tools of Satin. Don't give me any lip about that or I will know for sure that you are anti-* and in Satin's pocket. And don't even get me started on drivers who cut in front of me on the highway, and are conspiring against the *, or they wouldn't cut in front of me, because they're just stinking (bleep)ing bigots. People who are anti-* don't know what they're talking about, and they're all going straight to hell anyway, but slagging them and glowing in the pure fire of my fury sure beats sitting here wondering why I'm slouched all alone at 2 in the morning in my trash-filled room in front of the flickering glare of my terminal, pondering why it is that no one cares about me. The bastards.
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

* = The Ethnic Group or Religious Denomination of Your Choice

SARKYCOW:
quote:
You started superbly, with a wonderful mixture of enthusiasm, invective and lucidity, which carried the audience along with you. However, this strong start faltered slightly towards the end, as you slipped in a derogatory comment towards yourself. I think the beginning style was a little too strong and bile-filled, to sustain this comment; instead of coming across as tongue-in-cheek, or “equal opportunities attacking”, it read as if your confidence in the post dissipated, and you needed to mock the character in order to distance yourself. This simply doesn’t work in a hell thread, and I think you felt that even as you said it. Still, everyone makes mistakes, and it was an otherwise lovely exemplar post of a Hellish rant. Remember to hold firm to whatever line you choose to take in each round, and you shouldn’t go far wrong.
GRITS:
quote:
I'm sorry to be so cold, little sister, but you got "wannabe" written all over you. You better dry dock it until you can come out here and really make us feel the wrath of Satin.

STOO:
quote:

To be blunt, that was terribly, terribly, terribly bad.

Your topic was vapid, and even then you managed to trail off into mind-numbing oblivion.

You really ought to spend more time studying why it is that no-one cares about you. Especially if that means you won't be posting anything else like this.

Oh, and Grits - I do believe you mean Satan.

--------------------
This space left blank

Posts: 5266 | From: the director of "Bikini Traffic School" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

The First Elimination Poll will be set up shortly.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Originally posted by Stoo:
...Oh, and Grits - I do believe you mean Satan.

Grits was quoting the Troll-in-Hell post, in which I was mocking the tendency of Certain Fundamentalist Online Trolls to invoke someone or something called "Satin." It was a joke, son.

Rossweisse // but Grits got it!

[edited to remove extraneous leftover UBB thingie.]

[ 24. November 2004, 21:12: Message edited by: Rossweisse ]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Way to butter up the judge, Ross baby!

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For those of you who might be curious...

[Faux Hosts Board post]

title=Weekly HellDrone Report

Drone1852 reporting as directed.

Current status of Inflammatory Content Indoctrination and Desensitization Board (Hell) is nominal. Soul Corruption Factor continues at a steady pace of approximately 350 MilliDamnations per hour. This ranks Hell just slightly behind the Impossible Standards Board (Heaven) and the Crushing Reality Board (All Saints), but keeps it safely ahead of the Tedious Mind Decay Board (Purgatory), the Addictive Personality Warping Boards 1 and 2 (Mystery Worship and Circus), and the Abject Futility Board (Styx).

The Artificial Vexation-Inducing bots are functioning correctly, and none of the real posters have given any indications of realizing that they are fake. There have been several moments where posters actually developed an affinity for some bots, but this was easily corrected by remote microwave manipulation of their cerebrums via the standard "banner advertisement" tool.

Standard janitorial duties were performed during this cycle. Code-plunger and UBB-mop are getting smelly.

End of formal report. Drone1852 will smush brain through FAX machine for confirmation, as per usual.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

# 13

About being RuthW/Medusa: Could I get a ruling from the judges and/or management about whether I am stuck with the Medusa character in subsequent rounds of SOF Idol? I have run out of different ways to mangle the words "woman" and "women," so would prefer to invent new characters. Or perhaps even post in propria persona.
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Heck, Ruth, can't you explore your femininity in a series of dramatic re inventions?

You could be Lacanian for one post

and Jungian in another

and sweep in wearing a corset and fishnets and Manolos (Presleyterian would lend you some) making one sort of statement about sexuality

and then enter sedately in a Chanel suit, pearls and red lipstick, making another...

Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Darling, in my opinion, this depends entirely on whether you are Medusa, or whether you were simply throwing yourself heart and soul into making the perfect Purgatory post.

It felt to me that you were creating the character of Medusa, to give your entry that little extra touch of originality. And it worked really well.

As I said in my judgement, I look forward to seeing you giving your own personal take on the subsequent rounds, throwing yourself into new characterisations with such whole-hearted abandonment.

Stoo will recommend that you stay as Medusa the whole way through, but that's only because he's mean to people. Don't listen to him.

Sarkycow, Judge

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

- Posted      Profile for Stoo   Email Stoo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually, Ruth, I would recommend that you just give up and go home.

Perhaps you could take Rossweisse with you. Maybe it would help to calm you both down.

Oh, and Sarky, I am no meaner than I need to be. I for one am not here to molly-coddle those people who couldn't write a good OP if it was e-mailed to them two months in advance.

What is it that makes everyone seem to think they are qualified to do things far beyond their technical capabilities?

Stoo, Judge

--------------------
This space left blank

Posts: 5266 | From: the director of "Bikini Traffic School" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

quote:
Originally posted by Stoo:
What is it that makes everyone seem to think they are qualified to do things far beyond their technical capabilities?

Thank-you, your royal highness. What makes you think you're qualified to be King, I mean judge?

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016