homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Just curious: Narcissism Strikes Back partIV - the babbling (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Just curious: Narcissism Strikes Back partIV - the babbling
ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

- Posted      Profile for ThomasDF   Author's homepage   Email ThomasDF   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've really been enjoying the discussions in Purgatory, but I've noticed all those sweet and kind people who were so concerned about my etiquette (aka, demanding a lot of ass kissing) aren't over there having a nice civil and tactful discussion.

I wouldn't want to get the wrong impression that these people (with a couple exceptions) only hang out in Hell to ambush newbies. And BTW, I have my over 51 posts, so I ain't no newbie no more.

I do have a question though. Is "crash and burn" a reference to being banned or some delusional belief that a person can be somehow destroyed by a few insults?

Am I trying to pick a fight? No. Could it be interpreted that way? Yes. So why am I here? Because I was expecting all those lecturers to actually participate in discussions and not just talk about it. How disappointing.

And don't call me a Troll. I am a fully accredited Ogre now, damnit!

Thomas

[ 11. June 2004, 17:41: Message edited by: RooK ]

Posts: 267 | From: Denver, Colorado USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Crash and burn refers to getting banned, yes.

You certainly have attention-seeking down to a science. [Disappointed]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

- Posted      Profile for ThomasDF   Author's homepage   Email ThomasDF   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mousethief:
Crash and burn refers to getting banned, yes.

You certainly have attention-seeking down to a science. [Disappointed]

Don't you think it might be helpful for a newbie to know that means being banned? I'm sure I'm not alone in not having experience with a lot of message boards who may commonly use that term. It's the first time I've heard it anyway.

About this attention-seeking thing, you're jealous aren't you? It's okay, don't be so shy, you can admit it and I'll understand. Ah heck, I'll give you all the attention you want, just to help you out. I understand your situation. When you move out of your mother's house at 47 and you are so use to getting that attention, it must be difficult. [Killing me]

Why is it you feel a need to steal mice anyway? Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging. I just hope you don't use them for stew.

Thomas

Goldfish Stew
Shipmate
# 5512

- Posted      Profile for Goldfish Stew   Email Goldfish Stew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Snore] [Snore] [Snore]

--------------------

Posts: 2405 | From: Aotearoa/New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now look what you've done! You've put Kiwi to sleep!

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by ThomasDF:
Don't you think it might be helpful for a newbie to know that means being banned? I'm sure I'm not alone in not having experience with a lot of message boards who may commonly use that term. It's the first time I've heard it anyway.

It's a fairly common expression in American culture; its application to this particular website might be slightly unusual but it's hardly opaque.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is there anyway I can disable the post count? I suddenly feel the urge to remain a noob.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
Now look what you've done! You've put Kiwi to sleep!

Was he every awake?

Thomas

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Was he every awake?

No just one of them.

--------------------

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
quote:

It's a fairly common expression in American culture; its application to this particular website might be slightly unusual but it's hardly opaque.
I happen to be American and I've never heard it in this context. Where in America culture is "crash and burn" referred to being banned?

Thomas

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

I don't recall saying it did.

--------------------

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
American Heritage Dictionary says:
crash and burn
slang
1. To fail utterly.
2. To fall asleep from exhaustion.
3. To wipe out, as in skateboarding.

quote:
Sheepy's Lexicon says:
Total Asshat
slang
See ThomasDF.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Puppycat
Ship's Toast and Vegemite
# 4941

- Posted      Profile for Puppycat   Email Puppycat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I've really been enjoying the discussions in Purgatory, but I've noticed all those sweet and kind people who were so concerned about my etiquette (aka, demanding a lot of ass kissing) aren't over there having a nice civil and tactful discussion.

Here's a thought, maybe they're not interested in participating in the discussion. I don't believe anyone is obliged to.

quote:
I wouldn't want to get the wrong impression that these people (with a couple exceptions) only hang out in Hell to ambush newbies.
Hard to ambush someone if they keep walking in to hell and opening threads. I think this one is number three....?
And funnily enough I don't think they particularly care what impression you have of them.

quote:
And BTW, I have my over 51 posts, so I ain't no newbie no more.
Well bully for you. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Am I trying to pick a fight? No. Could it be interpreted that way? Yes. So why am I here? Because I was expecting all those lecturers to actually participate in discussions and not just talk about it. How disappointing.
You're still here... How disappointing.

--------------------
“The Angels stole my phone box.” Doctor Who ~ Blink

Pics of my trip to Israel and Paris

Posts: 1905 | From: Picnicking at Hanging Rock | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
I don't recall saying it did.

Short term memory loss, you have my sympathy.

Thomas

Goldfish Stew
Shipmate
# 5512

- Posted      Profile for Goldfish Stew   Email Goldfish Stew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Woken up now. Sorry, must be my medication...

Interesting Mousethief - I wouldn't have restricted "Crash and burn" to getting banned. A few cases lately have involved people who just got plain pissed off whan they arrived in hell and didn't get the rapturous round of applause they hoped to get. After a few flames and realising that noone seemed to be on their side they went.

Either way, the effect is the same.
1. Poster turns up and has a go without getting to know the culture.
2. Poster goes round in circles getting incensed.
3. Poster leaves, either voluntarily or enforced.
4. Hell waits for the next victim.

And TDF - some people prefer to hang out in hell. Others won't necessarily be involved in the same purg. discussions as you, personally I tend to post where I'm interested. Shit, if everyone here was like you there'd be no problem, would there.

--------------------

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy da WonderSheep:
quote:
American Heritage Dictionary says:
crash and burn
slang
1. To fail utterly.
2. To fall asleep from exhaustion.
3. To wipe out, as in skateboarding.

quote:
Sheepy's Lexicon says:
Total Asshat
slang
See ThomasDF.

It's a wonderful thing being able to use the dictionary and I appalud you. Where did it mention banning now?

Asshat? Is that what you put on your asshead? No, Sir I will not be your hat.

Thomas

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by kiwigoldfish:
And TDF - some people prefer to hang out in hell. Others won't necessarily be involved in the same purg. discussions as you, personally I tend to post where I'm interested. Shit, if everyone here was like you there'd be no problem, would there.

No problem for whom?

--------------------

Goldfish Stew
Shipmate
# 5512

No problems for the ship: such as keen newbies signing up and wreaking havoc. Why the fuck would anyone want to?

--------------------

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
Originally posted by Puppycat:

Here's a thought, maybe they're not interested in participating in the discussion. I don't believe anyone is obliged to.

Damnit! Why didn't I think of that? Silly me, I figured they talked about it so that they actually did it. How stupid can I be?

Go ahead, anwser that. You need all the help you can get.

quote:
Hard to ambush someone if they keep walking in to hell and opening threads. I think this one is number three....?
And funnily enough I don't think they particularly care what impression you have of them.

Hey, you cheated me out of one! This is my fourth, now keep track.

You lost me with "funnily". You're not very bright are you? Now don't let anyone make fun of you though because it's O-kay.

quote:
Well bully for you.
Thank you. It's pretty cool isn't it?

quote:
You're still here... How disappointing.
I know love when I see it, but I won't tell anyone.

Thomas

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:

Interesting Mousethief - I wouldn't have restricted "Crash and burn" to getting banned. A few cases lately have involved people who just got plain pissed off whan they arrived in hell and didn't get the rapturous round of applause they hoped to get. After a few flames and realising that noone seemed to be on their side they went.

1. Poster turns up and has a go without getting to know the culture.
2. Poster goes round in circles getting incensed.
3. Poster leaves, either voluntarily or enforced.
4. Hell waits for the next victim.

Thank goodness that didn't happen to me, huh? I rather like this place and particularly enjoy the other forums. And I am catching on to Hell. Instead of finding another victim, the folks here have bitten off more than they can chew. I'm at my best when I stand alone and I LOVE words.

quote:
Yes, I've noticed and hanging out is quite contrary to what so many people were telling me that this is a place people bring their arguments from other forums, they don't start fights here.

I look forward to a good discussion with you. I don't know about everyone being like me, but I will never get into insults in the other forums. I suppose it's that civility and tact thing.

Thomas

Goldfish Stew
Shipmate
# 5512

quote:
I'm at my best when I stand alone and I LOVE words.

This is you "at your best?" Well fuck me with a garden rake. I was making allowances for you thinking there has to be something more.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Instead of finding another victim, the folks here have bitten off more than they can chew.

Do you never give the self-congratulatory thing a rest? You're going to hurt your arm patting your own back like that. And it makes you look ever the twat. But hey, it's your reputation.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Well fuck me with a garden rake.

Gingerly takes rake away and burns it.

Kiwi, dear, we did ask you to stop hurting yourself, remember? Why don't you just toddle off to bed and forget about the mean old newbie.
[Biased]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
quote:

This is you "at your best?" Well fuck me with a garden rake. I was making allowances for you thinking there has to be something more.
Hold on to your broom stick or garden rake or whatever your preference, and.... wait a minute! Do you realize you are one sick kiwi and your preference for lovers is on a level of desperation I've never seen before? They don't trust you in hardware stores do they?

My bad. I need to be more tolerant of alternative lifestyles. Kiwi, my friend, I have this absolutely beautiful mop who I think you would really like. She's shy, but I have the feeling she's repressed just like you and, well, I think she'd mop the floor with you.

I get all tears when I'm being the match-maker.

Thomas

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
I get all tears when I'm being the match-maker.

What did you say your native language was?

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Do you never give the self-congratulatory thing a rest?
It's back-patting MT..it's flagellation

--------------------

Puppycat
Ship's Toast and Vegemite
# 4941

- Posted      Profile for Puppycat   Email Puppycat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Damnit! Why didn't I think of that? Silly me, I figured they talked about it so that they actually did it. How stupid can I be?

Go ahead, anwser that. You need all the help you can get.

You want me to tell you how stupid you could be or was there another question you wanted me to "anwser"? If it is the former, I think the evidence has already been laid out before us all to see.

quote:
You lost me with "funnily". You're not very bright are you? Now don't let anyone make fun of you though because it's O-kay.

I don't know how I lost you with "funnily" it's in the dictionary. As you've told us all repeatedly you're a screenwriter with Hollywood connections, used to the rough and tumble of of mixing it with the big boys.... Look it up. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
“The Angels stole my phone box.” Doctor Who ~ Blink

Pics of my trip to Israel and Paris

Posts: 1905 | From: Picnicking at Hanging Rock | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:
Originally posted by Mousetheif:

Do you never give the self-congratulatory thing a rest? You're going to hurt your arm patting your own back like that. And it makes you look ever the twat. But hey, it's your reputation.

If you congratulated me once in awhile I wouldn't have to do that, now would I? See, it's all your fault. I forgive you though, just pass the Ben Gay.

I'm not the twat. It's kiwi who has a thing for garden tools.

Thomas

ThomasDF
Shipmate
# 6760

quote:

I don't know how I lost you with "funnily" it's in the dictionary. As you've told us all repeatedly you're a screenwriter with Hollywood connections, used to the rough and tumble of of mixing it with the big boys.... Look it up

You're right. I don't mind admitting when I wrong. But I'm not sure what being a screenwriter has to do with it. I never claimed to have memorized the dictionary.

The Hollywood thing is a bit lame. Try something with a little more bite.

Thomas

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[aside to Mousethief: remeber my old friend Honeybunch? This is exactly how he argued]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

I like this commandment from the Hell Apprentice guide:

6. Accountability – by posting in Hell, you agree that you are accountable for what you write. There is no comeback from here – no whining, no complaining, no appeals to lower authority. You've reached the end of the road.

The "...end of the road" part is a little disconcerting though.

--------------------

IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

- Posted      Profile for IntellectByProxy   Author's homepage   Email IntellectByProxy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zeck:
Is there anyway I can disable the post count? I suddenly feel the urge to remain a noob.

If you continue in the vein which you have started you won't need to remain a noob, as you seem to be doing very well.

--------------------
www.zambiadiaries.blogspot.com

Posts: 3482 | From: The opposite | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Goldfish Stew
Shipmate
# 5512

quote:
Originally posted by IntellectByProxy:
quote:
Originally posted by Zeck:

If you continue in the vein which you have started you won't need to remain a noob, as you seem to be doing very well.
Besides which, likening this to a war movie ThomasDF has done the equivalent of shouting "You newbies sneak around the wall and consolidate your positions, and I'll draw their fire." He then raised his gun above his head, yelled "Motherfuckers!" and is currently running around the battlefield screaming at anyone who will listen and mooning anyone who will watch.

Zeck, you've never been safer.

--------------------

IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

- Posted      Profile for IntellectByProxy   Author's homepage   Email IntellectByProxy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me]

--------------------

Peronel

The typo slayer
# 569

- Posted      Profile for Peronel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
How stupid can I be?

Extremely.

quote:
I'm at my best when I stand alone

Can't get a girlfriend, huh?

Peronel

--------------------
Lord, I have sinned, and mine iniquity.
Deserves this hell; yet Lord deliver me.

Posts: 2367 | From: A self-inflicted exile | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

quote:
I am catching on to Hell. Instead of finding another victim, the folks here have bitten off more than they can chew. I'm at my best when I stand alone and I LOVE words.

You are just breathtakingly arrogant.

There are people here whose intellect and wit could eat you for breakfast without you even touching the sides. Seriously, don't fuck with them.

You are not catching on in hell: you think you are, but really you're not.

Believe me. You just look like a little fat kid with tear stained cheeks trying to salvage some shred of credibility by snivelling "yes...hhh...but...hhh...you eat...hhh...dog crap...hhh...you...you...you...hhh...brown shitty a-hole...hhh"

Quit before you're qut*

*it's a good word that, I just made it up. It's a new past tense of 'quit'

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He really needn't have told us that he LUVS words. Have you had a gander at his posts in Purgatory?

[Do screenwriters get paid by the word? Just curious.]

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Disappointed]

its to early in the morning to deal with crap like this.

thomasdf, what the hell is your problem anyway?

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Riv
Shipmate
# 3553

- Posted      Profile for The Riv   Email The Riv   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rationalized by ThomasDF:
quote:
Did you mean, "...and I LOVE the sound of my own words?" That's how you read to me, and that'd also probably go a long way toward explaining your proud solitude.

--------------------
"I don't know whether I like it, but it's what I meant." Ralph Vaughan Williams

"Riv, you've done a much better job communicating your passion than your point. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about." Tom Clune

Posts: 2749 | From: Too far South, USA. I really want to move. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Off Centre View
Shipmate
# 4254

- Posted      Profile for Off Centre View   Author's homepage   Email Off Centre View   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
why the flux didn't ThomasDF post a similar query on the Styx board?

He seems to enjoy people attacking him, over and over again. And he says hes not a newbie anymore because he has posted over 51 posts. Crap, hes a new person who seems to have spent most of his posts so far in Hell pissing people off and claiming he is some sort of higher authority on internet chat boards.

Well, good for him. [Disappointed]

If I were ThomasDF, I would chill out for a time and not start threads in Hell over fuckwit subjects like this. Give it a few weeks to learn how things work here and don't go on the Hell board looking for tea, fluffy bunnies and sympathies [Mad]

--------------------
Looking for Authenticity in the Corporate Abyss? Change Your Self, Change Your Workplace, Change Your World: www.corporateabyss.com

Posts: 1685 | From: wherever I may wander | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Riv
Shipmate
# 3553

- Posted      Profile for The Riv   Email The Riv   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So Sine, can we assume you've already added him to your Buddy List?

--------------------
"I don't know whether I like it, but it's what I meant." Ralph Vaughan Williams

"Riv, you've done a much better job communicating your passion than your point. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about." Tom Clune

Posts: 2749 | From: Too far South, USA. I really want to move. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peronel:
quote:
I'm at my best when I stand alone

Can't get a girlfriend, huh?

I bet his highest compliment is "She's a good listener."
Ratwoman
Shipmate
# 5427

- Posted      Profile for Ratwoman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't worry, he'll probably have to leave in a minute to either promote his screenplay or clock on for his shift at KFC.

(Ah bollocks, I was supposed to be going to Styx but have got diverted down this blind alley).

Posts: 101 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
NO
Shipmate
# 5477

- Posted      Profile for NO     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, reality check time.

Loads of people have repeatedly given ThomasDF some very good advice about how to not make a twat of himself. They have even done it in a very nice way, in Hell.

ThomasDF is either a troll or a twat. I suspect he is probably both. He is certainly arrogant beyond belief, and only seems capable of interacting on these boards on threads that he has started himself, or in the case of the Styx thread (briefly), threads about him.

This thread, when viewed alongside "So we got off on the wrong foot then" and "Time for a serious discussion with Josephine", is blatantly another bid for attention. He has still misunderstood what this board is about, either deliberately or because he is as thick as two short planks.

But, to be honest, I think he is just trolling now. Whether or not that was his intention at the beginning, he is just posting to piss people off.

ThomasDF, shut the fuck up. You are a moronic twat, you have gained the respect of precisely nobody, and you are cluttering the place up with crappy threads that only exist for attention-seeking.

To paraphrase the wise words of a certain bald Canadian, I would like to suggest that you remove yourself from this place, avail yourself of a rotary tool and carry out a variety of debauched actions on yourself with it that require the use of stiff-bristled cleaning implements to expunge the evidence afterwards.

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally Posted by An Arrogant Fuckwit

Could that possibly be because Hell and Purgatory are two different boards, and we know that the rules for each board are beneficial to the ship (hence to us) and therefore, in the main, stick to them?

Could it also be because the general subject matter being discussed on each of the two boards is different? Therefore, while ranting and swearing may be appropriate in Hell, it is much less often appropriate in Purgatory if it ever is?

Is there ever such a faint possibility that you are one of these?

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

How many do you eat a day?

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Peronel

The typo slayer
# 569

- Posted      Profile for Peronel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bessie rosebride:
quote:

How many do you eat a day?
Not half as many as he spits out.

--------------------
Lord, I have sinned, and mine iniquity.
Deserves this hell; yet Lord deliver me.

Posts: 2367 | From: A self-inflicted exile | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

ThomasDF, buddy, tell us if they ever make a movie from one of your screenplays so I can avoid it like a rabid dog, eh? There's a pal.

--------------------

Amazing Grace*

Shipmate
# 4754

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace*   Email Amazing Grace*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
[aside to Mousethief: remember my old friend Honeybunch? This is exactly how he argued]

[asides to Kelly: this reminds me of certain people in my online life that we have talked about.]

Charlotte (who was asleep before kiwi [Big Grin] )

--------------------
.sig on vacation

Posts: 2594 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Yes, I've noticed and hanging out is quite contrary to what so many people were telling me that this is a place people bring their arguments from other forums, they don't start fights here.

Impressive. Where did you learn to write like that, Tom?

--------------------
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posts: 2732 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016