homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: NUKE THE UNBORN GAY WHALES FOR JESUS (Page 0)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: NUKE THE UNBORN GAY WHALES FOR JESUS
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Joyeux:
(psst - Mousethief - where do people in Wisconsin go to escape?)

Chicago. Once it empties out of everybody escaping to Wisconsin, it's not such a bad place.

Reader Alexis

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ken:
quote:
Originally posted by Kyzyl:
I have one that says "My Golden Retriever is smarter than your honor student" [for the non-USA readers: this is a play on the My child is an honor student at XYZ school stickers]

Actually, us non-USA readers get the Golden Retriever joke.

What we don't see is why anyone would be such a prat as to put a sticker saying "My child is an honor student at XYZ school". WTF cares? And what child could ride in such a car without dying of embarrasement, or at the very least total fear that some opther student at XYZ would see them. You'd have to crouch on the floor hiding out of view.

Ken! My point exactly!

I teach a course in the cognitive/social/emotional development of adolescents. You should hear the discussion when I mention "that" bumper sticker. It is one of the more enjoyable classes each semester [Snigger]

Are the "my child" stickers a US phenomenon or does the rest of the world also suffer?

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Are the "my child" stickers a US phenomenon or does the rest of the world also suffer?

I've bever seen one. Nor heard of them until this thread.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Does "My dog is a Rottweiler" count?

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Does "My dog is a Rottweiler" count?
Does to me.

[That was close. You avoided being mocked by a mere two-posts-from-shipmate-status.]

[ 13. May 2003, 19:55: Message edited by: RooK ]

--------------------
I need a quote.

Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

Ack! Damn new computer keyboard. Sorry.

Rotties deserve a bumper sticker, honor students do not. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I need a quote.

TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

- Posted      Profile for TonyK   Email TonyK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... Are the "my child" stickers a US phenomenon or does the rest of the world also suffer?

Not seen anything similar in the UK - where bumper stickers are not quite so common anyway.

But I have seen one that I am waiting to use:

'Retired - and living it up on our children's inheritance!'

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

Posts: 2717 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Slow handclap to Kyzyl, gradually quickening into applause.

And crongratulations to Kyzyl, our longest running apprentice, who has just made it to shipmate status!

Viki, hellhost

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

La Sal
Shipmate
# 4195

- Posted      Profile for La Sal   Email La Sal   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My favorite: Your karma ran over my dogma!
Posts: 175 | From: sonoran desert | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
auntbeast
Shipmate
# 377

- Posted      Profile for auntbeast   Email auntbeast   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah yes MrJuice, the ever popular (in its day) "I found it". I really preferred the run of spoofs it spawned:

"It's mine"
"We never lost it" (with a star of David on it)
"I stepped in it"
"I found it.. now how the hell do I get rid of it"

I also recall a parody I liked of the old "Honk if you love Jesus". It read "If you love Jesus work for Justice, any idiot can honk". It actually caused contenion in some parking lots [Disappointed]

Cheers,
Auntbeast

--------------------
"My vices are the children of a forced solitude that I abhor; and my virtues will necessarily arise when I live in communion with an equal" - Mary Shelley (Frankenstein)

Posts: 820 | From: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Then there's the spoof ones for old people which Victoria Wood coined:

We've seen the toilets at Longleat!
I lost my dentures at Alton Towers!
My other hat's a balaclava!

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
anglicanrascal
Shipmate
# 3412

- Posted      Profile for anglicanrascal   Email anglicanrascal   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I always liked:

My other car is a broomstick.
Today I thought of someone I could give that to. [Two face]

Posts: 3186 | From: Diocese of Litigalia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
auntbeast
Shipmate
# 377

- Posted      Profile for auntbeast   Email auntbeast   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all I was bemoaning the fact that I don't have a big-ass 4X4 on another thread, I really do think that most of the sissy little yuppies who drive SUV's in town only and cry if they get mud on them need to be dealt with. One good idea.....

Guerilla bumper stickering...

Or for a Christian option check out this one...

Jesus and your SUV

Happy hunting,
Auntbeast

--------------------
"My vices are the children of a forced solitude that I abhor; and my virtues will necessarily arise when I live in communion with an equal" - Mary Shelley (Frankenstein)

AB
Shipmate
# 4060

- Posted      Profile for AB   Author's homepage   Email AB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw quite a good one the other day. It said:

"The meek will inherit the earth...
...if you don't mind"

Aaah, it made me smirk anyway.

Changing topic slightly, a friend of mine has a t-shirt with the phrase "Jesus can't skate" written on it, which I actually find, very, very funny.

[Smile]

AB

--------------------
"This is all that I've known for certain, that God is love. Even if I have been mistaken on this or that point: God is nevertheless love."
- Sřren Kierkegaard

Posts: 513 | From: not so sunny Warwickshire | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brendo
Apprentice
# 4512

- Posted      Profile for Brendo   Author's homepage   Email Brendo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Here is Oregon I've seen for the first time, "Earth First--Then We'll Log the Rest of the Planets!"
sounds like the "Caution I speed up for small animals" I had on my old Mazda. [Big Grin]

{why not practice your UBB code?}

[ 14. May 2003, 12:54: Message edited by: Nightlamp ]

--------------------
'cos Sergeant D is coming, and you're on his list" -S.O.D.

Posts: 21 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone sent me this a while back...
quote:
Fish on Cars

Top 10 things people won't say when they see a Christian bumper sticker or fish emblem on a car:

10. "Look! Let's stop that car and ask those folks how we can become Christians."

9. "Don't worry, Billy, those people are Christians. They must have a good reason for driving 90 miles an hour."

8. "What a joy to be sharing the highway with another car of Spirit-filled brothers and sisters."

7. "Isn't it wonderful how God blessed that Christian couple with a brand-new BMW?"

6. "Dad, how come people who drive like that don't get thrown in jail? Can we get a bumper sticker like that, too?"

5. "Stay clear of those folks, Martha. If they get raptured, that car's gonna be all over the road!"

4. "Oh, look! That Christian woman is getting a chance to share Jesus with a police officer."

3. "No, that's not garbage coming out of their windows, Bert. It's probably gospel tracts for the road workers."

2. "Oh boy, we're in trouble now! We just rear-ended one of God's cars."

1. "Quick, Alice, honk the horn or they won't know that we love Jesus!"

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Here is Oregon I've seen for the first time, "Earth First--Then We'll Log the Rest of the Planets!"
The Oregon bumper sticker I found particularly -um- interesting was this one:

Welcome to Oregon. Now leave.

Reader Alexis

--------------------

SeraphimSarov
Shipmate
# 4335

- Posted      Profile for SeraphimSarov   Email SeraphimSarov   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We have the same sticker in California (probably all the refugees from Oregon! [Wink] )

--------------------
"For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like"

Posts: 2247 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today I followed "Caution - Blonde Thinking"

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

quote:
Originally posted by sarkycow:
Slow handclap to Kyzyl, gradually quickening into applause.

And crongratulations to Kyzyl, our longest running apprentice, who has just made it to shipmate status!

Viki, hellhost

Aw shucks, thanks. Just needed the right thread and the ending of the spring term I guess.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ann:
Today I followed "Caution - Blonde Thinking"

Isn't a bit like pigs flying? [Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]

<only joking y'know>

Ben26

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
auntbeast
Shipmate
# 377

Saw a new one on the way to a fabulous fundraising party for a friends theater show...

"Don't pray in my school...
And I promise not to think in your church"

I was amused.

Cheers,
Auntbeast

--------------------

fatprophet
Shipmate
# 3636

- Posted      Profile for fatprophet   Email fatprophet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I do love the sticker "Jesus is Coming, look busy!"

But is that meant to be offensive to x'ians?
Also, do you think I would get in trouble for suggesting it as the headline title of a series of youth events at my local church?

--------------------
FAT PROPHET

Posts: 530 | From: Wales, UK | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Trevor
Shipmate
# 3644

- Posted      Profile for Trevor   Author's homepage   Email Trevor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I once saw, "If God is your co-pilot, switch seats.”

What I’d like to see is a Lamarck fish. He doesn’t usually get the respect he deserves.

--------------------
my joy has been transfinite

Posts: 196 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
two goodies:

"Campus Crusade for C'thulu.... It Found Me."

"The meek will inheirit the earth.... the rest of us will go to the stars."

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brendo
Apprentice
# 4512

- Posted      Profile for Brendo   Author's homepage   Email Brendo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
hey Auntbeast, wanted to reply to your stuff on the Christian boozers club but they closed it (bastards) like the philosophy of leading a posse of predatory women to prey on christian guys out for a few pints. Down here in redneck country Australia where men are men (and sheep are nervous...) we could use ladies like you all... [Devil] [Help]

--------------------
'cos Sergeant D is coming, and you're on his list" -S.O.D.

Posts: 21 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by Trevor:
What I’d like to see is a Lamarck fish. He doesn’t usually get the respect he deserves.

For being wrong?

Reader Alexis

--------------------

Lurker McLurker™

Ship's stowaway
# 1384

- Posted      Profile for Lurker McLurker™     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
quote:
Originally posted by Regina Caeli:
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
I saw a t-shirt in Provincetown that read:

What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

But of course the humour is lost in all the annoyance caused by the insistence on changing it to 'hokey pokey'.

RC

?
It's Hokey Cokey in Britain.

--------------------
Just War Theory- a perversion of morality?

Posts: 5661 | From: Raxacoricofallapatorius | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trevor
Shipmate
# 3644

- Posted      Profile for Trevor   Author's homepage   Email Trevor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mousethief:
For being wrong?

Reader Alexis

Sure, his evolutionary mechanism turned out to be wrong, but it was the first important one. He deserves respect for being a pioneer of evolutionary science, as well as for originating the field of invertebrate biology. (article)
Galen and Aristotle and Copernicus and Einstein all got things wrong too.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Hokey Cokey"???

Just to be sure, are we talking about the same thing? A dance game for kids? "You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out..."

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:

But also made huge advances that others built on. Lamarck seems to be mostly a dead end.

Reader Alexis

--------------------

Trevor
Shipmate
# 3644

quote:
quote:

But also made huge advances that others built on. Lamarck seems to be mostly a dead end.

Reader Alexis

My opinion of the matter, though hardly expert, is that Lamarck did make such an advance in evolutionary biology: the idea that organisms evolve at all.

Darwin is quoted as writing that "...he first did the eminent service of arousing attention to the probability of all changes in the organic, as well as in the inorganic world, being the result of law..."

That seems pretty major to me, and I consider a single major insight to trump incorrect specifics. Especially so in this case, because those specifics could not be proven wrong until after yet another discovery that happened a century later.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Uncle!

Reader Alexis

--------------------

sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by golden key:
"Hokey Cokey"???

Just to be sure, are we talking about the same thing? A dance game for kids? "You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out..."

You do the hokey cokey and you turn about....

yup thats the one!

Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lurker McLurker™

Ship's stowaway
# 1384

- Posted      Profile for Lurker McLurker™     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by golden key:
"Hokey Cokey"???

"In out, In out, shake it all about. Do the Hokey Cokey and you turn around. That's what it's all about. Oh! Hokey Cokey Cokey"

I had no idea it was spelt differently. Since the dance seems like it was invented by an American, perhaps our spelling originated with a misprint, like the US spelling of aluminium. Or is it because 'Poke' can have sexual connotations in Brit slang?

--------------------

Posts: 5661 | From: Raxacoricofallapatorius | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lurker McLurker™

Ship's stowaway
# 1384

quote:
Uncle!

Reader Alexis

Eh?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's the basic US version, with music.

http://www.scoutsongs.com/lyrics/hokeypokey.html

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

- Posted      Profile for TonyK   Email TonyK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lurker:
quote:
Uncle!

Reader Alexis

Eh?
New Shorter Oxford English Dictionary:

" 'cry uncle, holler uncle, say uncle'
(N. Amer. colloq.) acknowledge defeat, cry for mercy."

IMHO, not a common reaction from Mousethief [Wink]

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

Posts: 2717 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Panda
Shipmate
# 2951

- Posted      Profile for Panda   Email Panda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What does a Lamarck fish look like anyway?

Re the 'my kid is...' stickers - my father was very pleased to have 'my daughter is an Air Cadet glider pilot' on his car til it faded, and that was in Canada. I haven't seen any other variants of it.

Posts: 1637 | From: North Wales | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
James Mc

Procrastinator
# 3414

- Posted      Profile for James Mc   Email James Mc   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Panda:

Whatever the environment forces it to look like? On a bumper, I would expect it to be very flat, wind proof and with an adhesive underside to assist maintenance of position. Rather like a squished, dried Cornish Sucker Fish , really....
Posts: 905 | From: London, UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by TonyK:
IMHO, not a common reaction from Mousethief [Wink]

Which smilie means "pbbbbbbth"? [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by Panda:

It would have to have an acquired characteristic which it was about to pass on to its offspring. Try representing THAT in a 1" x 3" bumper decal!

Reader Alexis

--------------------

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Uncle!

No! It was Charles Darwin's grandfather Erasmus Darwin who popularised the idea of evolution in England!

--------------------
Ken

Lurker McLurker™

Ship's stowaway
# 1384

You could have a Haeckel fish that changes over time, going from fish to amphibian to reptile to mammal.

What about Ship-related bumper stickers?

--------------------

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

But Haeckel was an evil proto-Nazi horrid person!

And he totally misunderstood Darwin and screwed up German evolutionary biology for 2 generations. (Though Ernst Mayr & Willi Hennig put them back on the path of righteousness)

Bloody good artist though.

This is the first thread I ever started on the Ship to get to 100 posts!

Does that say something about the nature of the Universe.

--------------------
Ken

Laudate Dominum
Shipmate
# 3104

- Posted      Profile for Laudate Dominum   Author's homepage   Email Laudate Dominum   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
About the Hokey Pokey question:

I have absolutely no sources, this is just what I was told. "Hokey Pokey" derives from "hocus pocus" and we all know that comes from people who made fun of the Latin words of the consecration at Mass. In which case, at least in the view of Roman Catholics, the "Hokey Pokey" actually is what it's all about. But I could be wrong. [Smile]

At any rate, I've absolutely no idea why ya'll seem to think the word is "cokey."

--------------------
"They think us barbarians because we cling to the past. We think them barbarians because they do not cling to the past." --G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 518 | From: Lala Land | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Willyburger

Ship's barber
# 658

- Posted      Profile for Willyburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Seen this morning: The road to Hell is paved with Liberals.

--------------------
Willy, Unix Bigot, Esq.
--
Why is it that every time I go out to buy bookshelves, I come home with more books?

Posts: 835 | From: Arizona, US | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

quote:
Originally posted by Willyburger:
Seen this morning: The road to Hell is paved with Liberals.

Ah, but that means that the liberals won't be *going* to hell--only those conservatives, running roughshod over them.

[Smile] [Two face]

--------------------

Willyburger

Ship's barber
# 658

- Posted      Profile for Willyburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
Willy, Unix Bigot, Esq.
--
Why is it that every time I go out to buy bookshelves, I come home with more books?

Posts: 835 | From: Arizona, US | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

quote:
Originally posted by Laudate Dominum:
About the Hokey Pokey question:

I have absolutely no sources, this is just what I was told. "Hokey Pokey" derives from "hocus pocus" and we all know that comes from people who made fun of the Latin words of the consecration at Mass. In which case, at least in the view of Roman Catholics, the "Hokey Pokey" actually is what it's all about. But I could be wrong. [Smile]

At any rate, I've absolutely no idea why ya'll seem to think the word is "cokey."

I have no sources either, but on the modern rule of thumb that randomly accquired Internet sites are the source of all truth, I quote a small extract from:

take our word for it

quote:

The two are indeed thought to be related, it being suggested that they both derive from hocus pocus (see Issue 61 for a discussion of the latter).  You, and many others, may be surprised to find that hokey pokey, spelled hoky poky also, did not originally apply to a dance.  Instead, it meant "trickery, double dealing" when it first appeared in writing in the middle of the 19th century.  Hanky panky meant the same thing when it made its appearance at about the same time.  However, in the U.S. it was taken a step further, to mean "fooling around (sexually), especially in infidelity", an extension of the "trickery" notion.

While most etymologists seem to agree that hokey pokey and hanky panky derive from hocus pocus, slang expert Eric Partridge seemed to like the explanation that hanky panky derives from handkerchief, which magicians often used in their acts of prestidigitation.

The Hokey Pokey dance originated in England where it was (and still is) called the Hokey Cokey.  It was appropriated by an American G. I. who turned it into a musical hit when he returned to the U. S.  It is still heard, especially in roller skating rinks, today.

Does the US version go

"Ra! Ra! Ra!"

at the end?

[Deleted your duplicity.]

[ 27. May 2003, 13:43: Message edited by: sarkycow ]

--------------------
Ken

Edward Green
Review Editor
# 46

- Posted      Profile for Edward Green   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
hoc est (enim) corpus (meum).

or so they say.

--------------------
blog//twitter//
linkedin

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016