homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Change-a-letter Bible (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Change-a-letter Bible
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Inspired by a discussion on another thread I have discovered the following little known Bible story:

'Mary took a pound of costly perfume made of pure lard, anointed Jesus’ feet, and wiped them with her hair'.

Simple, see? Take a Bible verse, change one letter, and see what you get.

[ 21. February 2010, 12:41: Message edited by: Imaginary Friend ]

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Do resulting necessary corrections in grammar count?)

Blessed are the geeks, for they shall inherit the earth.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Two letters? But it's too good not to count. [Snigger]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

- Posted      Profile for Loveheart   Email Loveheart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Too much like the first one I guess, but

"Taste and see that the lard is good"

--------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 3638 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And Peter said unto him, Aeneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whore. Arise, and make thy bed.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, "He has a lemon".

(Matthew 11:18)

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'This fellow welcomes dinners and eats with them'

(Luke 15:2)

Well quite.

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Evening and morning and at noon I will play.

--------------------

Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Luke 1:26-27 -

In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mark.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adeodatus:
Luke 1:26-27 -

In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mark.

[Killing me]

--------------------

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

- Posted      Profile for Loveheart   Email Loveheart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1 John 3.16:

We know love by this, that he laid down his wife for us—and we ought to lay down our wives for one another.

--------------------
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi

Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

1 Corinthians 7.28:

But if you marry, you do not win, and if a virgin marries, she does not win.

--------------------

Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This thread is such a good antidote to Chapter & Worse!

Romans 6.7 -

For whoever has died is freed from gin.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
goperryrevs
Shipmtae
# 13504

- Posted      Profile for goperryrevs   Author's homepage   Email goperryrevs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is too easy!

Gen 3:8
Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was wanking in the garden.

Ex 23:26
None will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life spank.

Luke 23:32
Two other men, bott criminals, were also led out with him to be executed.

Luke 19:9
Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this mouse".

--------------------
"Keep your eye on the donut, not on the hole." - David Lynch

Posts: 2098 | From: Midlands | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Any one of the 10 Commandments that has the word "not" in it, change "not" to "now". Everybody does that anyway....

M

--------------------
eleison me, tin amartolin: have mercy on me, the sinner

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The birth of Jesus happened in this bay......

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was gop.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

One for the Narnia fans:

The Lord delivers them and keeps them clive

(Ps 41:2)

--------------------

MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mark 1 v 34
Jesus heals mary

And Jesus healed mary who had various diseases.

Later.....

Mark 2 v3
Jesus heals a parylytic

Some men came, bringing to him a parylytic, carried by four men.... he said to him Son your gins are forgiven.

--------------------
What do we want.... Cure for Obesity
When do we want it.... After Dessert.

Posts: 1032 | From: OILOVWOIGHT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fletcher christian:
The birth of Jesus happened in this bay......

No no no no no. [Biased]

"The birth of Jesus happened in this hay."
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
News just in .... Jesus heals a blond man.

--------------------

Nunzia

Shipmate
# 4766

- Posted      Profile for Nunzia   Email Nunzia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MiceElf:

...and a dear man, and he makes the lamb to walk.

And now abideth faith, hope and clarity.

--------------------
----- ---------. ---- - ---- ----.

Posts: 1903 | From: Crazy-glued to the ledge | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

(A race between cars by two competing American auto makers)

Behold, the whirlwind of the Ford goes forth with Fury.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

quote:

Obviously another case of the blond leading the blond.

Although I would like to see the story of Jesus healing a man born bland.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Well, if not bland then perhaps flat:

And as you go, preach, saying, The kingdom of leaven is at hand.

--------------------

Foaming Draught
The Low in Low Church
# 9134

- Posted      Profile for Foaming Draught   Email Foaming Draught   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1 Timothy 5 v23, not so much flat as flatulent:

a little wind because of your stomach

FD

[ 25. August 2009, 04:16: Message edited by: Foaming Draught ]

Posts: 8661 | From: Et in Australia Ego | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Many wafers cannot quench love.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alaric the Goth
Shipmate
# 511

- Posted      Profile for Alaric the Goth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
Two letters? But it's too good not to count. [Snigger]

More than two letters [Razz] :

‘Blessed are the meerkat for they shall inherit the earth’

Simples!

Posts: 3322 | From: West Thriding | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

Devotion can go a bit far?

1 Cor 15:58

Always give yourself fully to the dork of the Lord

--------------------

Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

Very useful at church bring and share:

Luke 10:42

Mary has chosen the better tart, which shall not be taken away from her

--------------------

MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

Ezekiel 18:31 Cast away the detestable thingy

--------------------

Masha
Shipmate
# 10098

- Posted      Profile for Masha   Email Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your flans succeed.

Psalm 20:4

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I lift up mine eyes unto the bills. From whence cometh mine help?

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

If we say we have no gin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

--------------------

Nunzia

Shipmate
# 4766

- Posted      Profile for Nunzia   Email Nunzia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am a wall, and my breasts are like towels.

--------------------

Posts: 1903 | From: Crazy-glued to the ledge | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not rant.

--------------------

Nunzia

Shipmate
# 4766

The Lord loveth a cheerful diver.

--------------------

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sure 1 Cor 13 wouldn't be so popular at weddings if it began...

And now I will show you the most excellent lay.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foaming Draught
The Low in Low Church
# 9134

- Posted      Profile for Foaming Draught   Email Foaming Draught   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prefiguring Darwinian controversies of two millenia later:

Jesus found a young monkey and sat upon it

--------------------
Australians all let us ring Joyce
For she is young and free

Posts: 8661 | From: Et in Australia Ego | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

quote:
Originally posted by Gill H:
I'm sure 1 Cor 13 wouldn't be so popular at weddings if it began...

And now I will show you the most excellent lay.

[Killing me]

--------------------

MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

The question about Farting.

Mark 2 v 18.

Some people came to Jesus and asked him " Why is it that the disciples of John the Baptist and the disciples of the Pharisees fart, but yours do not?

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me] Would that it were true! [Killing me]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Then I saw in the right hand of him who shat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals.

--------------------

Loveheart

Blue-scarved menace
# 12249

quote:
The question about Farting.

Mark 2 v 18.

Some people came to Jesus and asked him " Why is it that the disciples of John the Baptist and the disciples of the Pharisees fart, but yours do not?

[Killing me]

Must be all that honey and wild locusts!

--------------------

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

for anyone who's ever been cornered by the IT team at the office Xmas party:

So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord and inflicted loathesome bores on Job ...
(Job 2:7)

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

The origins of Star Wars:

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Darth.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I need a re-fill.

Give ear to my words O Lord, and consider my medication.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

The Song of Songs, which is Solomon's. 2:14

My beloved is like a dope.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

While we're on Song of Songs:

My lover speaks; he says to me: Arise, my beloved, my beautiful one, and come! For see, the winter is past, the pains are over and gone.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Rev 2:10

Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of lice.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016